• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Ultimate's newcomer lineup overall is...solid.

The characters they added were mostly fitting and understandable characters and all so I can't really take issue with most inclusions, that said it is quite a bummer to not get a single MW or character I actually poured support into.

And while there were some character additions that I did find satisfactory, even with them there were still some factors that made their reveals kinda bungled for me:

-I was happy that :ultkrool: was added and it was great to see Donkey Kong finally get another rep, but I was more of a supporter for Dixie Kong so seeing her not make it in was disappointing

-I'm a huge fan of FE: Three Houses, so I was happy to see :ultbyleth::ultbylethf:, But I would have MUCH preferred one of the 3 House leaders be playable instead (Edelgard being the one I wanted most)

-I was really excited to see :ultsimon::ultrichter: added, but their reveal being leaked by Nintendo themselves did knock some of the wind out of their reveal for me or took away the surprise element.

-:ultsephiroth: was also really cool to see, but sadly I went away from the 2020 TGAs for a bit and missed his reveal,and got spoiled by a thread title, so that really sucked and, again, knocked some wind out of that announcement.

And when all is said and done, I don't think there is a character in Ultimate that came close to reaching the levels of excitement that I got from the reveals of :ultmegaman::ultcloud::ultbayonetta: in Smash 4 (Belmonts and Sephiroth might have if, again, their reveals didn't get spoiled for me)

Shroob

Sup?
To be fair on me...Can you blame me for the last one.
After 4 years of fighting after MIKCEY MOUSE KEYCHAIN and all of the dumbest argument in the planet, and after everything curveballs this pass threw at us, I was completely lost.

But **** me, I still can't believe this happened.

View attachment 333369

This is big. Probably the biggest **** Smash bros ever did, and will do...So weird and surreal. I'm still not sure if I'm dreaming or not.
1633464939923.png

DK realizes he's being played by Seth Rogan and is soo high he doesn't understand what's happening right now.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
So question. Now that Ultimate is complete who do you guys think felt was left out or in other words...Done dirty.
I'm not a Geno fan but I think him getting the same Mii costume from 4 instead of a deluxe costume with a full head was rough as hell. I think he at least deserved the full head like Sans and Cuphead.

I think Shovel Knight and Hollow Knight got shafted by not getting a Mii costume.

I think Bomberman should have been a full character.

Last edited:

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
So question. Now that Ultimate is complete who do you guys think felt was left out or in other words...Done dirty.
As much as I didn't want it, a Gen 8 Pokemon.

Considering Smash always favors the newest gen, and that the next Smash game won't be out for a good while, Gen 8's almost certainly going the way of Gens 3 and 5 now.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Dante.

He is.... the most obvious pick for this game. Huge legacy, grandfathered an entire genre, had a massive hit come out right before, tons of moveset potential, highly requested... the works.

And he's just not here. (fully at least)

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
As much as I didn't want it, a Gen 8 Pokemon.

Considering Smash always favors the newest gen, and that the next Smash game won't be out for a good while, Gen 8's almost certainly going the way of Gens 3 and 5 now.
At least it deserves that, unlike Gens 3 and 5... :187:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, I really wouldn't worry about the next Smash until it's actually announced. Even then, I feel the only cuts to be worried for when it happens are some first party ones and, really, Square, Konami and Sora who have the biggest hurdles. Sega, Capcom, Namco and SNK feel safe and if things stay smooth between Nintendo and Microsoft, same for Banjo and Steve.

And there's still plenty of Sega, Namco and especially Capcom characters and series yet to get in Smash that they can use if cuts happen for some of the 3rd Parties.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Sora was never really on the top of my lists. I had actually written him off given Disney. That and the fact that I stopped playing the KH series after KH2. But Man. Hearing simple and clean again. seeing his KH1 design flying around. took me back to when the KH 1 comericals were playing on the tv. it was mind blowing. Sora was not a character on the top of my list, but damn was he a good addition.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Waluigi is probably being negotiated for in the next game as we speak…
As an assist trophy once again.
No, seriously, why are we already about the next Smash game lol

Also Shroob Shroob I lost it when you said “LAST CHARACTER WILL A SHILL PICK WHO? “ and “SO THEH NEVER END ON A HIGH NOTE, HUH??” And whatnot

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't want to hate on anybody, but is anyone else put off by mocking past arguments? Even the more ludicrous ones. To me it just feels... small. I get it's annoying to have dealt with them for so long, and it's nice to be rid of them, but it rubs me the wrong way that people so celebrate deriding them. I'm sure at one point or another I was guilty of it as well, but... I don't know. It's so easy to look back and snicker, but everybody has been wrong before.

Maybe some arguments are "more wrong" than others, but I bet you currently hold an opinion about the roster which will one day get invalidated.

I'm not trying to get all sanctimonious, but... am I the only one who feels that way? Am I alone on this one?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I'm not a Geno fan but I think him getting the same Mii costume from 4 instead of a deluxe costume with a full head was rough as hell. I think he at least deserved the full head like Sans and Cuphead.

I think Shovel Knight and Hollow Knight got shafted by not getting a Mii costume.

I think Bomberman should have been a full character.
So many characters should have been full characters. Doom Guy, Goemon, Cuphead, Bomberman, Shovel Knight.
but, I am glad they were all mii costumes or Ats.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Sora was a character I had extreme doubts about getting in, but let it be known I'm so glad I was wrong. I'll gladly take the L on this one. Still not 100% convinced that the text leak was real but it doesn't matter because he's in anyway. The trailer was so cool.

The revelation that Sora was the ballot winner is a nice bit of catharsis. Bayonetta always had the big "realizable" asterisk by her name but I never minded because she's sick and the ballot gave us so many cool characters in Ultimate like Ridley, K. Rool, the Belmonts, and all the veterans. To have it come full circle like this with Sora, it's very cool despite my doubts that it could happen. A piece of Smash speculation history finally laid to rest.

He looks fun and I know a lot of people who are over the moon right now. Every time I think Ultimate has outdone itself, they do it again. Sora was a fantastic end to this wild ride and a welcome addition to my favorite Smash game.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't want to hate on anybody, but is anyone else put off by mocking past arguments? Even the more ludicrous ones. To me it just feels... small. I get it's annoying to have dealt with them for so long, and it's nice to be rid of them, but it rubs me the wrong way that people so celebrate deriding them. I'm sure at one point or another I was guilty of it as well, but... I don't know. It's so easy to look back and snicker, but everybody has been wrong before.

Maybe some arguments are "more wrong" than others, but I bet you currently hold an opinion about the roster which will one day get invalidated.

I'm not trying to get all sanctimonious, but... am I the only one who feels that way? Am I alone on this one?
Call me petty, because trust me, I am, but it's when said individuals get to the point of actual toxicity in demanding that certain things WILL go one way and you're a fool to suggest otherwise

Yeah, driving that dagger in feels good, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Yeah, I really wouldn't worry about the next Smash until it's actually announced. Even then, I feel the only cuts to be worried for when it happens are some first party ones and, really, Square, Konami and Sora who have the biggest hurdles. Sega, Capcom, Namco and SNK feel safe and if things stay smooth between Nintendo and Microsoft, same for Banjo and Steve.
tbh I'm not even that worried about issues with Konami considering how super cooperative they were this time around. Three characters, two stages, three assist trophies, a bunch of music and spirits, even an item and an entire segment in World of Light with a boss fight.

ZelDan

Smash Master

I hope my previous post wasn't what caused this post. It very well might not be but just in case I'll say that I wasn't necessarily trying to **** on Geno fans but moreso just found it funny how in the end we DID end up getting a SMRPG mii costume and DOOM Mii costume. >_>

But that aside, I do agree. It's one thing if people just have some light fun or innocently joke about past stuff (Shulk is just Little Mac memes from Smash 4 days could be pretty funny), but yeah whenever people go "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW DUMB THESE GUYS WERE OMG LOL" it is kinda unpleasant.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Lots of Franchises and Characters were left out. Only so many characters they could add in

Now for characters done Dirty

I liked Plant as a Concept, and he has some fun stuff, but to be Honest I think him getting in over Waluigi and Geno is kind of doing them Dirty

Rex was done Dirty because he was in planning, but he added too Much complications, and we all know more People were after Pyra/Mythra, not Rex

I actually think that's it to be honest.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I kind of wish they were able to get the rights to Simple and Clean and Passion. But not sure how good those would have been as battle music. 9 tracks is pretty good. I am excited. I want to see his classic mode. And try all the spirits. P5 is going to be my Sora default. Old timey Sora is just to good to avoid.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I know it's part of the speculation cycle, but I hope people will finally in the future for the next eventual game stop the "my character I want is getting promoted in places or getting a lot of attention, it must be Smash related" stuff.

Seems like a ton of character threads fall into this trap then get bamboozled when it was in fact, not related to Smash at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom