• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
at any rate. I think Iā€™ll be off smashboards all day tomorrow. Iā€™ll still check brushieā€™s Reddit if they say anything.

I think another misc feature Iā€™d like to see that would be cool is if the DLC were officially added to the WoL maps

and uh. If you wanna reach me elsewhere, my major links are in my sig, and my discordā€™s in my profile. Just make your screen name or pfp obvious so I know who you are

but also, thank yā€™all for these three years. Especially when my dad was dying. I appreciate it

NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
I would love for Puyo Puyo to get something tomorrow, even if Arle is not the last character, i hope Amitie's red puyo hat at least gets added for the Miis.

In case someone from Puyo Puyo gets in, i need Rulue's and Arle's themes please ā™”

My MWs are Pauline, Arle, Mona, Monokuma, or a FEH character

Last edited:

toonito

Smash Ace
Welp here it is for everyone to re juggle their MW memory.

The Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II MW Character List

Octoling

Elma

Sora

Doomguy

Crash

Cinderace

Sgt Cortez

Master Chief

Chozo Dude

Neku

Frisk

Rayman

Dr. Eggman

Battletoads

Decidueye

Nahobino

Waluigi

Isaac

Phoenix Wright

Fulgore

Ezio

Tracer

Kratos

Gordon Freeman

King Boo

Scorpion

Reimu

Bill Rizer

Lu Bu

Off The Hook

Saber

Estelle Bright

Zero

Mega Man X

Hayabusa

Bandana Waddle Dee

Who asked for who? You know who ya are. If any of these characters make it my hat's off to you!

Some of these characters may even fit the last minute speculation discussed here today. And so with that I ask one final time if there are any characters not listed here please feel free to let me know and I will add them. You all have my gratitude for lifting this old man's spirits these last few months as Ultimate draws to a close. Thank you one and all.
My most wanted are Sol Badguy, Chun-Li, Dante, Crash Bandicoot, Doom Slayer, Ryu Hayabusa, Impa, Jill Valentine/Leon Kennedy and Zero

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Man, I won't be able to watch the reveal live tomorrow due to work, so I'm kinda paranoid about what I'm gonna come to once I get the chance to see it. Admittedly, I'm... not getting my hopes up for a positive reception...

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I'm sticking here until midnight comes, then I'll go to sleep, and after that, I'll be watching the announcement solo.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
You know, I made this account right when Smash Ultimate was first announced and it's crazy to me how its almost been four years since then and I'm still here. By tomorrow I'll have completed by first Smash cycle on this site. This will also probably be my last post before the presentation.

I don't even know what to say. I don't even know who I want. At this point it's whatever to me. I mean with one character left the odds of it being a specific one in mind is super slim, so there is going to be a lot of salt tomorrow. I can't wait hehehehehe

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
and uh. If you wanna reach me elsewhere, my major links are in my sig, and my discordā€™s in my profile. Just make your screen name or pfp obvious so I know who you are
I'm gonna come up as CONSTRUCTION!! Kitty. You'll never see me coming.

I'm just kidding I don't actually have any of those social media.
Besides, cats are evil. I would never use one as my avatar. :4pacman:

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

į•¦_(āŒā– +|+ā– )_į•¤
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Most wanteds are Reimu, Monokuma, and Bandana Dee (out of characters I think have a shot at it, otherwise I'd include characters like Starfy lol).

Kinda crazy to think about how many "final" things we're getting tomorrow. The final character, the final Mii Costumes, probably the final additions to the soundtrack since we haven't gotten any random music additions, the final stage list... All in the final presentation.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
guys I totally received a totally legit totally leak of what is totally the last Smash Bros. fighter

Are you sure? Because this contradicts GameXplain's leak, and they're a trusted news source. Who did they leak you ask?
Captain Falcon. :troll:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I don't post on here as much as I used to, but I do hang out in here often and read through this thread. Keeping up with smashboards theories during the speculation cycle of a Smash Bros game is always a treat, but like with Smash WiiU/3DS and Brawl before it, eventually the speculation cycle ends. Tomorrow we'll hit another ending to one of those cycles and whoever it is we get in the end, speculating on here for the past few years has been a super fun ride as always and I'm happy everyone here on smashboards shared that ride!

Hopefully tomorrow we get someone really cool, and no matter who it ends up being I'm sure Smash Ultimate has already had a special moment for everyone and we can all thank Sakurai and the Smash team for making this incredible game a reality. Thanks for being here and sharing those moments everyone, and thanks for being awesome smashboards! See everybody on the other side of the last reveal!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It seems everyone's signing off for the big day. It's not quite bed time yet, but it seems like the time to make the actual, final goodbyes for realzies this time, which I will immediately contradict by saying that if this thread does indeed open up after the reveal tomorrow so everyone can give their thoughts, then I will consider popping in to do so. Also I'm gonna stick around for just a bit longer this evening.

Those of you who are going though, I'll see you later (however much later that is). I have never had more fun destroying my fingers than I've had talking with you all.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Keep in mind Sonic came in first on the Brawl poll, which was Japan-only.

I know all paths lead to Shadow with you, but Sonic the series isnā€™t a good example.

Also, people consider Banjo a niche series because itā€™s been over twenty years since it was a notable success, not because it was never a big deal. The Sonic series never went away like Banjo did.

What Brawl Poll, if it was before Game came out, keep in Mind that the Adventure games were still Kind of Recent, by around 3-6 years, unlike now where it's Decades after it. Sonic was still Kind of hot a little around the time. 06 had/was come out, and 06 was crazy enough among the more Popular Sonic games in Japan

The Sonic Series never went away, but it never had the amount of Popularity it did back when the Adventure games come out. I think Unleashed might have been the Last Sonic game that might have had hype in Japan. Starting with Colors Sonic took quite a nosedive. Even with the Adventure games, Sonic X never did have it's 3rd season aired there due to Disinterest

In any case, it doesn't negate all what I said in that post. All of that was Fact. I think Sonic fits the criteria of being a Most Western focused character. that is straight up Factual.

Like I said, Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 were really the only games that had big Popularity over there, and they are 2 Decades old. While they have been re-released on Xbox, PS, and PC, they actually never been re-released on a Nintendo Console after the Gamecube. I bet you there's alot of People in Japan that have only played SA1 and SA2, and that's it, and some of the newer gamers there may not know much about Sonic due to the reasons explained

And I think it's even more Amazing that Sonic is still the Icon it is with the Lack of Japanese Appeal. Same thing with Mortal Kombat. Everything I said is truth though, no bias

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice
Iā€™m curious; Say your MW gets revealed tomorrow, what is a song track you hope makes it on their music list?
I posed the question, and then forgot to post my own answer.

I have made it abundantly clear I want Sora.

Last edited:

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow's it. The last fighter for Smash for most likely a long time. It's been fun but I'm kind of glad it's ending as I feel as if we've got a lot this decade in general from Smash 4 and it's DLC to Ultimate and it's 2 Season Passes. From 2012 when they said "Smash will be coming to Wii U and 3DS" at E3 it feels like it's been almost nonstop. But it's finally coming to an end. Even if the last fighter disappoints us we've still got Ultimate and a ton of other platform fighters to enjoy. It could be Crash, Sora, Doom guy, Master Chief, Jonesy, Tracer, Rayman, Eggman, King Boo or at worst another Pokemon or another JRPG character. It might even be someone that could blow our expectations or disappoint us to the core. But I think we've had fun along the way.

From Megaman finally coming to Smash in 2013, Little Mac making us wonder why it took so long, Pac-Man joining the fray in 2014, Mewtwo's grand return in 2015 along with Cloud's huge and Bayonetta's controversial reveals. To Smash Ultimate saying "EVERYONE IS HERE" in 2018, Joker giving us a taste as to what the DLC would be like at the Game Awards, Banjo finally returning to us at E3 2019, Byleth disappointing many in 2020 around the time the pandemic started, Steve making us laugh, Sephiroth bringing us hype at the Game Awards again, Kazuya finally giving us another Namco rep in 2021, Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl preparing to be there for us for when it all ended (October 5th BABY!) and the final fighter coming tomorrow.

I personally don't think we're getting a new Smash any time soon after this and even if we do it may be very different from what we imagine as it's most likely not Ultimate 2. But I think that's fine. I think the community needs a break from new Smash content to be able to simmer down from the mixed fandom it's become. Plus we've still got a ton of Platform fighting content as well! Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, PlayStation Allstars, Rivals of Aether, Indie Pogo, Brawlhalla, Roof Rage, Rushdown Revolt, Super Smash Flash 2, Smash Crusade, Smash 64 Remix, Brawl Out, Indie Game Battle, Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion, Fraymakers, Slap City, TMNT Smash Up, ect (sure not all of them are great but the options are still there)

Even so it's been great! I got into the series back in the 2000s with Brawl and I actually replayed it today as I got a Wii from a retro game store. But the copy of Brawl is the same one from when I was a kid introduced to this series. From going to Blockbuster and seeing Pokemon Trainer (who I confused as Ash), Mario and Kirby on the cover and seeing Sonic on the back is what got me into this series to begin with!

It's come full circle for me personally. I'll still come back here to see what everyone is up to and to speculate on the Nick All-Star Brawl thread. But it's been a fun ride even if it got bumpy as of late. I'll still appreciate every moment and how Smash changed my life! See you all tomorrow when the last fighter is revealed to us!

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What Brawl Poll, if it was before Game came out, keep in Mind that the Adventure games were still Kind of Recent, by around 3-6 years, unlike now where it's Decades after it. Sonic was still Kind of hot a little around the time. 06 had/was come out, and 06 was crazy enough among the more Popular Sonic games in Japan

The Sonic Series never went away, but it never had the amount of Popularity it did back when the Adventure games come out. I think Unleashed might have been the Last Sonic game that might have had hype in Japan. Starting with Colors Sonic took quite a nosedive. Even with the Adventure games, Sonic X never did have it's 3rd season aired there due to Disinterest

In any case, it doesn't negate all what I said in that post. All of that was Fact. I think Sonic fits the criteria of being a Most Western focused character. that is straight up Factual.

Like I said, Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 were really the only games that had big Popularity over there, and they are 2 Decades old. While they have been re-released on Xbox, PS, and PC, they actually never been re-released on a Nintendo Console after the Gamecube. I bet you there's alot of People in Japan that have only played SA1 and SA2, and that's it, and some of the newer gamers there may not know much about Sonic due to the reasons explained

And I think it's even more Amazing that Sonic is still the Icon it is with the Lack of Japanese Appeal. Same thing with Mortal Kombat. Everything I said is truth though, no bias
The Brawl poll, the official one that informed roster inclusions. Yes, it was pre-release, Japan-only, and Sonic came first.

And by the time the Adventure games were coming out popularity had already declined from the days of the Genesis games coming out - the peak had long passed - but Sonic has always remained a relevant and bankable series, if one of lacking quality or consistency. So you're not going to convince me Japan would be like "Eggman? Who's that?". Yeah Sonic's popularity skews western, but it's no Halo, and it's certainly no Mortal Kombat.

C'mon.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well hey there everybody!

I have zero predictions for tomorrow. I'm lucky enough to have off at that particular time tomorrow, though I'll be having to be a part of a fire drill.

Though I haven't been around lately, I'll probably be hanging around here tonight and tomorrow. After that? We'll see. Despite the fact that there won't be any more additions to Smash, I may consider writing about what Ultimate has become, and generally just hanging out in the community. Who knows? Maybe eventually I'll decide to stop being an old man and actually try a tourney one of these days.

It's good to be back, even though it IS essentially the final night of speculah.

Groose

Smash Champion
Currently a bit haggard from a weekend camping trip and have to work through the presentation tomorrow, but mannnn I just had to pop on here to check in. Made my account here the day Smash 4 was shown off; makes sense to make my final post the day of the final announcement.

As always, fingers crossed for Phoenix; Iā€™m going to go out on a wild limb and guess Spyro for tomorrow, since I donā€™t see much of anyone else saying it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm open to almost anything honestly.

I can only think of two characters I'd react negatively to.

Feels great honestly.
I feel quite literally in the same exact spot.

It feels great knowing that I could react positively to, like, 99% of choices.

Even then, I've welcomed every Smash character into the fold and tried something new whenever it appeared necessary, but thus far I haven't had to start a new series in quite some time. The only two series I haven't played from the DLC are King of Fighters/Fatal Fury and...Minecraft. We'll have to wait and see if CP11 changes that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well hey there everybody!

I have zero predictions for tomorrow. I'm lucky enough to have off at that particular time tomorrow, though I'll be having to be a part of a fire drill.

Though I haven't been around lately, I'll probably be hanging around here tonight and tomorrow. After that? We'll see. Despite the fact that there won't be any more additions to Smash, I may consider writing about what Ultimate has become, and generally just hanging out in the community. Who knows? Maybe eventually I'll decide to stop being an old man and actually try a tourney one of these days.

It's good to be back, even though it IS essentially the final night of speculah.
Good to see you again, Old Man Jones. :awesome:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don't know who it could be so I'm just gonna bet it's either Ahri or Waluigi.
And then in 12 hours when it's not Waluigi, you'll just say it was "obvious" it wouldn't be him because he's just "spin-off filler"

Don't need to reply, you never do when I spit facts anyway :4pacman:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'll stick around here for a little longer before bed but I just wanna say...this is kind of surreal. After tomorrow there will be nothing to speculate on. It's bittersweet. I've created so many memories on here and in RTC. Things aren't going to feel the same but life goes on. There will always be other games to get excited for and even then, Smash Ultimate will always be there for us. It's my favorite game so I'll continue to enjoy it and cherish it.

I'll talk a little bit more, at least in the morning before I say my farewell to this thread. But I'll say this just in case I miss people.....I hope to see a lot of you in the social thread. I'm not sure how active I'll be on there but I would like to still talk to some of you. You've been a great bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom