• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Thank god I work a long shift tomorrow. This is about to be the Christmas Eve of Smash reveals, I don't even know how I'll sleep that night. So many possibilities rolling around in my head that I'm scared of (both good and bad), just gotta keep telling myself it'll be something underwhelming like a Pokemon.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
This is going to sound very dramatic but dang, I'm watching these "Final DLC Fighter Speculation/Prediction" videos and I'm just thinking "wow, this is it". I never realized it until I watched PapaGenos' video that this is the last time I'm going to be hyped for a Smash reveal until the next one. All the Smash related speculation or leaks or ****posts are just going to go right to the Smash Bros history books.

For years I've advocated for Bandana Waddle Dee for Smash and even though it was a pain to argue with Deetractors and it's very likely BWD isn't getting in the game, I'm genuinely going to miss that glimmer of hope that I had right before they show the DLC fighter. I do have a connection to RtDL and my desire for BWD was very casual in the beginning but I found many reasons to love the character over time and that will not end after the final Smash character is revealed. I'm seeing a lot of hope mostly coming from Sora fans at the moment so I give my full support to that fanbase. I'm sending my energy for the Sora Spirit Bomb for Tuesday.

While I'm not the most active person on the forum, I do enjoy coming here and reading comments and occasionally coming out of the cave. Seeing fans from many gaming franchises come together to discuss or debate about a crossover fighting game is very fun and I enjoyed having and participating in speculation, not just here but in other websites/apps like Reddit, Discord, or even 4chan.

Plus, with my current IRL situation finally moving forward and I will be heading toward a proper adulthood life at last, this moment really is an end of an era for me and I'm glad to be sharing this moment with the community even with all of its ups and downs.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm sorry but do all Bandana Waddle Dee fans call BWD haters Deetractors?

For some reason that's so funny how the **** did I not know about this until now???
Hee I forgot about this. I dunno if they still do, but it was used all the time in the Bandana Waddle Dee thread for he previous game.

EDIT: It really takes me back. I remember posting an image of "Bandana Lee", which was Bandana Dee, but with pigtails (originally it was just a typo).

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Showing mii costumes first just seems like they're deliberately trying to show what characters aren't in the game so they will be viewed with the same pessimism and hate they always are viewed with. Showing the character first means people will finally see that smash is closing shop and would view any representation as representation for a character who wasn't gonna get any otherwise. Starting on the character is unobjectively the better outcome here IMO, as it'll blanket the general reactions at least a bit.

It's gonna be bad enough that this is the character Ultimate is ending on so for all the people in it to see the storm that occurs, then I'd imagine it would already be close enough to the peak. Definitely more than enough to go around, although I'm more so caring about the characters identity than the general reaction tbh.

Last edited:

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
If you're going to do that, you would have to cut one of the other original fighters, and then we're getting into a slippery slope of hypotheticals.

I'd posit that after the mandated Pokemon spot, a second spot for another original Pokemon would be rather low priority. There are a lot of popular Pokemon from previous gens, but that didn't stop us from getting only Greninja and only Incineroar these past two times.

Sure, the presentation brutally murdered the hopes of countless Geno fans. Viewer discretion should be advised.
They could've also had one of them be dlc but that's also more hypotheticals. Not too sure how to look at that last point given how Smash 4 led directly into Ultimate in terms of development and Ultimate has very few newcomers in the base game. I might just be optimistic on this but I don't see it as a complete game over for the older sets of characters for games rotating casts.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
I'm with @Nekoo on ripping the bandaid early like they did with Sephiroth's presentation, so yeah, actually would prefer this lol.
I don't think this would be a good idea. I would imagine that we get Mii costumes based off of the series that the character comes from. Then they don't always do that. 4 of the 10 was like that.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Seeing Sora trending yet again made me have a thought

Steve trended HARD after his reveal but I don't think he necessarily crashed Twitter (literally) because Twitter itself crashed at the same time by coincidence.

I GENUINLY think Sora could trend more than Steve, and maybe even break twitter. And ngl, I look forward to seeing smiles on so many people's faces if it's really him.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Had a dream it was Vergil.

I'd be stoked if it was him but I'm not getting my hopes up at all.

The presentation is happening at 1am my time, but I will stay up for it even though I'll need to wake up early.

Might as well since it's going to be the last one.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
This is going to sound very dramatic but dang, I'm watching these "Final DLC Fighter Speculation/Prediction" videos and I'm just thinking "wow, this is it". I never realized it until I watched PapaGenos' video that this is the last time I'm going to be hyped for a Smash reveal until the next one. All the Smash related speculation or leaks or ****posts are just going to go right to the Smash Bros history books.

For years I've advocated for Bandana Waddle Dee for Smash and even though it was a pain to argue with Deetractors and it's very likely BWD isn't getting in the game, I'm genuinely going to miss that glimmer of hope that I had right before they show the DLC fighter. I do have a connection to RtDL and my desire for BWD was very casual in the beginning but I found many reasons to love the character over time and that will not end after the final Smash character is revealed. I'm seeing a lot of hope mostly coming from Sora fans at the moment so I give my full support to that fanbase. I'm sending my energy for the Sora Spirit Bomb for Tuesday.

While I'm not the most active person on the forum, I do enjoy coming here and reading comments and occasionally coming out of the cave. Seeing fans from many gaming franchises come together to discuss or debate about a crossover fighting game is very fun and I enjoyed having and participating in speculation, not just here but in other websites/apps like Reddit, Discord, or even 4chan.

Plus, with my current IRL situation finally moving forward and I will be heading toward a proper adulthood life at last, this moment really is an end of an era for me and I'm glad to be sharing this moment with the community even with all of its ups and downs.
Yeah it's actually crazy. Who knows when the next smash will be, or if it's going to have that many characters. And yeah I will miss that glimmer of hope and talking about Rhythm heaven even if the chances always felt low for Rhythm heaven to be a dlc. At this point I just hope that the franchise at least don't die and that it gets a Switch games eventually.

And for me too the end of Smash is the end of an era. I start following speculation as soon as Smash 4 was officially announced with Villager trailer and I was at high school. Now Ultimate is ending and I'm finishing my Bachelor degree and normally I should start a master next year or so. Pretty crazy to look back into all that.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Lemme just say this: if I'm around for another speculation game some three to five years into the future (not that I see that happening), this will be the very first character I'll be supporting:

Can't really say I'll do that for others because there's four fighting game characters now and I don't think they'll have a warranted spot, except Ryu, because, well, he is Ryu, I'd be more surprised if he actually didn't appear in the next title or had to wait until DLC.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Seeing Sora trending yet again made me have a thought

Steve trended HARD after his reveal but I don't think he necessarily crashed Twitter (literally) because Twitter itself crashed at the same time by coincidence.

I GENUINLY think Sora could trend more than Steve, and maybe even break twitter. And ngl, I look forward to seeing smiles on so many people's faces if it's really him.
Well Kingdom hearts is a franchise owned by the biggest company in the world, if he made an apperance in a crossover by one of the other biggest companies in the world i would think that would make a splash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom