• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Im still gonna say Doomguy. I feel like people are being very selectively weird about excluding him

He makes the most sense to me right now honestly. Things seem to be adding up moreso for him than most the other characters people have talked about recently tbh
It's not us being weird though. The developers have said that they did talk to Nintendo about it, but nothing came of it.

There will not be any Doom content here.

I’m lost. What is color theory?
A currently mostly joke theory that has to do with the character's background color on the roster being a color that exists on a canon pallet for them.

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice

Technically, this is a repost of the image from June, but hey, gives something to talk about lol.
Watch the color lean more towards pink instead of purple just to throw everyone for a loop.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, though I'm a tad too lazy to go quote them all.

The first one fits Reimu...
The second one fits Master Chief...
The ninth fits Waluigi...
Hrrrrrm!
I know this is just for fun, leave me aloooone!
Though a bit late, here's another from me. You've got a lot of your life still ahead of you. Figure out what you're good and how best to hone those skills and make them marketable, i.e. what's something interesting that you can bring to the table. Tune out the noise and focus on the environment around you and you'll do very well in the future.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Momotsuki Momotsuki im curious, what all are the mods you have for Smash? Aside from characters
Oh boy...

Well, first and foremost there's adding the Solo Pokemon and Giga Bowser to the CSS, as was shown earlier. There's different implementations of this floating around but mine involves adding them as actual new entries, to avoid messing with Pokemon Trainer and avoid messing with boss Giga Bowser.

Then, there's the two extra fighters I've worked on programming in; Metal Mario and Funky Kong (though I didn't make the skin/model for Funky.) They both occupy a single alt slot - specifically the P8 color, and have their own gameplay changes specific to that slot. Essentially cramming an entire clone into a costume without changing anything about how the other costumes play.

But aside from characters, as you said...

I also worked on replacing Classic Mode with a fully functional Boss Rush for all characters, that includes Galeem & Dharkon and doesn't have the bonus game. I did a lot to make it feel like a proper mode replacement, I'll be releasing the update to it sometime after FP11 drops. That was fun.

Lots of stage skins and lots of music tracks to go with them, mostly just my general favorite songs.

The CSS' visual appearance is randomized. Every time I load the CSS both the upper scrolling mist and the overall BG are randomized independently of another, meaning, with sixteen of each, there's currently 256 ways the CSS can look whenever I load into it, adding variety on top of there being fifty songs that can play on the menu, mostly custom imports.

Ultimate modding still has places to go, but a lot of progress has been made in the past year or so.

D

Deleted member

Technically, this is a repost of the image from June, but hey, gives something to talk about lol.
epicmartin7 back at it again with the real ****. Keep up the good work.

Those colors outside the stat range do be reminding me of Undertale I must say.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Im still gonna say Doomguy. I feel like people are being very selectively weird about excluding him

He makes the most sense to me right now honestly. Things seem to be adding up moreso for him than most the other characters people have talked about recently tbh
I'm not sure why things seem to be adding up for him (last I saw, people were pretty pessimistic about his chances, given the interview with Marty Stratton indicating that there had been talks/banter but nothing came of it, though it doesn't seem like he was directly involved), but hopefully he makes it in. He seems like he'd be a lot of fun (whether he's based on the original Doom games, DOOM (2016), or Doom Eternal), and getting Doom music in Smash would be great.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm not sure why things seem to be adding up for him (last I saw, people were pretty pessimistic about his chances), but hopefully he makes it in. He seems like a lot of fun, and getting Doom music in Smash would be great.
If it weren't for the disconfirmation he'd be in a pretty decent spot with two pretty popular games on the Switch on top of the history the series has.

Honestly it's possible he'd still be considered a front runner.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
I'm not sure why things seem to be adding up for him (last I saw, people were pretty pessimistic about his chances, given the interview with Marty Stratton indicating that there had been talks/banter but nothing came of it, though it doesn't seem like he was directly involved), but hopefully he makes it in. He seems like he'd be a lot of fun (whether he's based on the original Doom games, DOOM (2016), or Doom Eternal), and getting Doom music in Smash would be great.
Speaking of music, I've heard that Mick Gordon is doing a secret project, but I couldn't find a source yet. Does anyone know what it is and where the source for his project?

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
If it weren't for the disconfirmation he'd be in a pretty decent spot with two pretty popular games on the Switch on top of the history the series has.

Honestly it's possible he'd still be considered a front runner.
What else is the developer supposed to say if asked that question cause otherwise id be breaking NDA lol

also banjo was "deconfirmed" only to get in, same for Steve

also same thing happened with sora and chief but everyones gunning for them now

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Nothing. "No comment."
if they say no comment it immediately gives it away too, youre just fricked in that situation. Saying "nothing" or "we havent been approached" is the best thing you can say cause smash fans are rabid and will obv put 2 and 2 together if you say "no comment"

Shroob

Sup?
What else is the developer supposed to say if asked that question cause otherwise id be breaking NDA lol

Wasn't Sora and Chief Imran Khan, a game journalist and not an actual developer?

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice
I’m kind of nervous that FP11 may be someone from Fortnite or Overwatch. I don’t know why that just popped into my head and gave me so much dread, but it did!

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
if they say no comment it immediately gives it away too, youre just fricked in that situation. Saying "nothing" or "we havent been approached" is the best thing you can say cause smash fans are rabid and will obv put 2 and 2 together if you say "no comment"
There have been times where somebody says "no comment" on the topic of Smash, it gets overly read into, and guess what? Nothing comes of it.
Thus, it doesn't give anything away.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Some vague deflection ("wouldn't that be nice?"), not an outright lie.

In the case of Banjo & Kazooie, I doubt Grant Kirkhope knew about them at the time, and in the case of Steve, IIRC that was long enough ago to have been said before he was actually picked (also I think the position the lady had wasn't high enough for her to actually be involved).

This is the first I'm hearing about Sora and Master Chief, though I do think Steve disconfirms the latter.

Shroob

Sup?
Some vague deflection ("wouldn't that be nice?"), not an outright lie.

In the case of Banjo & Kazooie, I doubt Grant Kirkhope knew about them at the time, and in the case of Steve, IIRC that was long enough ago to have been said before he was actually picked (also I think the position the lady had wasn't high enough for her to actually be involved).

This is the first I'm hearing about Sora and Master Chief, though I do think Steve disconfirms the latter.
Grant said in an interview he was approached in like, January of that year, so he knew Banjo and Kazooie were going to be in Smash in 2019 before most people did. He didn't know at first it was Smash, but after some correspondence with the representative, they told him what it was.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Yeah, but that Pokémon was from Sun and Moon/Gen 7. Sword and Shield; The first ever main series Pokémon game to be on a home console, and sold pretty well, despite it’s criticisms, I feel, warrants a potential rep.
shrug One Pokemon per Smash game is enough for me. I don't care how many Pokemon games they put out between Smash entries.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The perfect response to being ambushed with Smash questions is "What was your GPA at High School? Oh I'm sorry, you gave me the impression it was unwarranted question time. "

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're still on Sephiroth day or whatever, I think he was a pretty cool addition to the series, but he's just really ****ing annoying to fight for me.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
When it comes to where the final character might come from here's my rough guess in terms of general likelihood (from most to least)

First Party Fighter: (Nintendo Obviously)

Third Party Fighter With Smash Character History But None In the Second Pass So Far: (Sega, Konami, Capcom)

Third Party Fighter From Company Already in the Second Pass: (Namco, Square Enix, Microsoft)

Japanese Third Party Fighter from Company With No Non Mii Fighters Prior to Now (Koei Tecmo, Level 5 Games)

Western Third Party Fighter from Company With No Non Mii Fighters Prior to Now (Bethesda, Blizzard Activision, Ubisoft)

Granted this could all get instantly proven wrong in three days when Rayman inexplicably gets revealed, but this is essentially where I'm at. I didn't include SNK in the second category because it feels like they got a lot of their major stuff in via Terry, but who knows?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

There's a lot you can say which is less than "we've had talks and they've not amounted to anything" which doesn't violate NDA.

Like "that would be nice" or "here's hoping" or "well, we love Smash!" or basically anything that isn't "yeah we've talked about it and nothing's come of it". Developers who regularly give interviews or deal with the press know how to sidestep NDAs, especially PR reps and producers.

Don't use exceptions like Banjo to guide you when the norm, by far, is that these developers are telling the truth. Is it possible they're lying? Sure. But it's unwise to bank on it.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
When it comes to where the final character might come from here's my rough guess in terms of general likelihood (from most to least)

First Party Fighter: (Nintendo Obviously)

Third Party Fighter With Smash Character History But None In the Second Pass So Far: (Sega, Konami, Capcom)

Third Party Fighter From Company Already in the Second Pass: (Namco, Square Enix, Microsoft)

Japanese Third Party Fighter from Company With No Non Mii Fighters Prior to Now (Koei Tecmo, Level 5 Games)

Western Third Party Fighter from Company With No Non Mii Fighters Prior to Now (Bethesda, Blizzard Activision, Ubisoft)

Granted this could all get instantly proven wrong in three days when Rayman inexplicably gets revealed, but this is essentially where I'm at. I didn't include SNK in the second category because it feels like they got a lot of their major stuff in via Terry, but who knows?
inb4 it's from a company that currently has absolutely 0 content in Smash

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Thats why I think its unlikely. The only way I see that happening is something like Ken and Incineroar.
The character is advertised the same as every other Pass character though.

The presentation is also 40 minutes long and comes with Mii Fighter costumes. How is them being the same as every other Challenger Pack unlikely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom