• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Mute theory?

Ah **** here we go again.
Sorry for bringing it back but I just thought of a character that could work for Mute Theory.

13CBCC45-9378-4FD0-A04D-678E09DABB54.jpeg

From Analogue A Hate Story (a visual novel type game) the character is named Mute.

Please note I’m not being serious here, just remembered a character whose name is Mute. Incidentally I don’t think she speaks in game though it’s been a while since I tried it.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Metroid celebration tweet by Official Nintendo of America account!

Tweets for all the 2d games as well!

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I don’t really believe Mute Theory since they can always just add another space. But does Rayman ever talk? I don’t think he does, so he could fit this if it was true.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The people predicting him either want him like how every top 5 safest picks list has at least one of their most wanted on there or believe that the interviews mean nothing as realistically, nobody would say "Yeah they're in"
Yes AND yes!

I was wondering that, too. Normally when the company themselves say it isn't happening, that's the final nail in the coffin. It seems like the Denial is present as it's ever been at this point.
Also yes!

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
So can anyone fill me in regarding this "Mute Theory"?
I think it's just derived from the "Voice theory", something with the voice slots... there not being more slots for voices in the voice section, meaning the last character is mute.

But.. could they not just add more slots?

I dunno, Smash speculation and its theories man...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think it's just derived from the "Voice theory", something with the voice slots... there not being more slots for voices in the voice section, meaning the last character is mute.

Just like any other theories, this one is bound to not be true either.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
So far the only theory that makes the slightest bit of sense to me is the 2nd chance theory, and that's because it has actual solid evidence (5 fighters in a row from the same pass that follow a clear trend) to stand on

Theguy123

Smash Lord
So far the only theory that makes the slightest bit of sense to me is the 2nd chance theory, and that's because it has actual solid evidence (5 fighters in a row from the same pass that follow a clear trend) to stand on
Could professor Layton fit second chance theory. Back In brawl hino and sakurai were on stage together at an event and someone asked hino if he’d love Layton in smash to which he replied yes. Obviously he never got in but I’d assume at the time he might of been considered but never got in because snake and sonic were going to be in the game and they probably didn’t want many third party reps.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Could professor Layton fit second chance theory. Back In brawl hino and sakurai were on stage together at an event and someone asked hino if he’d love Layton in smash to which he replied yes. Obviously he never got in but I’d assume at the time he might of been considered but never got in because snake and sonic were going to be in the game and they probably didn’t want many third party reps.
Anyone can fit any theory if you reach hard enough.

For example:
Sakurai Shin Megami Tensei.png

It's time bois.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace

Did someone actually datamined if there's any voice slots?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I believe some are taking voice theory seriously because apparently it worked out for FP1.

I personally don’t think it matters, but I don’t mind if true because it helps Frisk and Chara 👀

Personally I also think some people take this stuff too seriously, like a lot of the people with this theory aren’t even being super serious and just having fun; I don’t remember y’all crapping on color theory lol.

Last edited:

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Depends if it's on Nintendo's interests, personally I don't think we'll get anything from a new company this pass.

Companies like Bethesda or Ubisoft could happen though because they already have some involvement with the game
inb4 CP11 is the oddball and it's someone that does NOT fit 2nd Chance Theory in the slightest bit.
I've been considering that the last one indeed could be the oddball, hence the reason why there's an extra slot
Banking for Sora if we do get a full on fanservicey pick
Anyone can fit any theory if you reach hard enough.

For example:
View attachment 323485
It's time bois.
True, but that shouldn't automatically discredit the validity of the theory itself, nor the arguments that people make (if they are valid). I don't think that people can suddenly say that none of the fighters in FP2 can fit that theme.
I also hate to repeat myself but here it goes;
-ARMS and XC2: planned for base
-Steve: 5 years, although he seems to be the biggest outlier
-Sephiroth: fixed FF7's lackluster rep
-Kazuya: Sakurai wanted Tekken in Sm4sh

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Would Paper Mario fit?

I assume many RPG protagonists can probably fall into this category pretty easily.

I don't think that Sakurai cares about whether or not these minor submenus that players probably won't ever use have a perfect square.
Where is my perfect square for stages or characters?

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
That makes absolute sense, it really does and I've been standing by that for a while now. But it also made sense that if a Tekken character got into Smash, they would have had the Heihachi costume come with them. So now with basically what I think is the less "surety" of speculation (honestly wouldn't even call it a fanrule, I think it was a much more reasonable assumption than like "Min Min's a spirit though, it couldn't be her.") basically gone, who honestly knows at this point.

We'll all be laughing until Sergeant Cortez Splits Into Battle! anyways ;)
Exactly, if Sword and Shield still hadn't had a spirit event almost 2 years after its release, that would be weird, Byleth only came 8 months after Three Houses. I still don't think it is a gen 8 Pokemon though, it's time in the sun has passed somewhat and there aren't really any standout Pokemon that would fit in Smash

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
good point, there's no way they would add 2 pokemon from the same generation into smash
At the same time, Sakurai doesn't care about the idea that we NEEEEEEEEED gens 3, 5 and 8 before anything else, let alone care about it enough to add an unpopular Pokemon just because it can be a quick echo that reps Unova.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom