• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
The only way I see a Capcom rep now is if it's Phoenix Wright or on the slight chance we get Vergil (Because we got Heihachi deconfirmed but then Kazuya happened).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be so sure.
Well, all of Capcom's major big names are out. Devil May Cry and Monster Hunter got Mii costumed and Resident Evil got a Spirit Event. All we're left with are additional reps for Mega Man and Street Fighter and lesser franchises like Ace Attorney and Okami.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On the other hand though, I'm pretty content Phoenix and Amaterasu are now the current frontrunners for a Capcom rep. Not that I expect them to happen anyways but their chances certainly have increased.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Twitter's gone mad
In other words, grass is green.

I’m actually thrilled about the Shantae costume, it’s just gonna give her more publicity than ever before, plus we get Burning Town, so that’s always a plus. It’s also personally funny to me because I’ve been marathoning Miitopia and Shantae is one of my strongest party members (and the MC’s best friend).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
On the other hand though, I'm pretty content Phoenix and Amaterasu are now the current frontrunners for a Capcom rep. Not that I expect them to happen anyways but their chances certainly have increased.
But Chun Li is above all of them when it comes to character chances, especially considering that Sephiroth proves that 3rd party franchises can have multiple unique reps.

JustPlainDan

Smash Apprentice
So, right now I’m having to soothe the hurt feelings of friends who are going scorched earth about Dante getting the Mii costume treatment.

How is everyone else’s morning going?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But Chun Li is above all of them when it comes to character chances, especially considering that Sephiroth proves that 3rd party franchises can have multiple unique reps.
I'm not expecting another fighting game character at this point to be honest given Min Min and Kazuya.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Yea this was fun
I'm personally happy with the costumes, buying Shantae for sure, thinking about Dragonborn.

Plz send any memes about this mii wave y'all find lmao

Ivander

Smash Legend
Kazuya looks cool. Nice to see alot of music.

But man, that Mii Costume showcase was brutal. Dante, Shantae and Dragonborn. Nice that Shantae comes with music, but geez, some big contenders are gone.

Really curious on who the last character is going to be after this showcase.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm not expecting another fighting game character at this point to be honest given Min Min and Kazuya.
We got 3 RPG characters last time, and besides ARMS, Tekken, and Street Fighter all have different mechanics, same with Persona, Dragon Quest, and Fire Emblem last time.

D

Deleted member

What a massacre. I'm guessing we aren't seeing the last fighter until the game awards.
VGA is in December isn't it? You think it'll be 6 months until the final character? That would be the longest gap between character announcements. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a decent gap this time around, but I'm expecting the character release to be in October (with a mid-late September reveal/Sakurai Presents).

Technomage

Smash Champion
Since Dante's been turned into a Mii costume, the only way he can get into the roster now is if he appears in his crappy reboot form. :4pacman:

Also, for the Dragonborn costume, I'd love to see someone make a Mii Fighter of the female Argonian version of the character.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Well, all of Capcom's major big names are out. Devil May Cry and Monster Hunter got Mii costumed and Resident Evil got a Spirit Event. All we're left with are additional reps for Mega Man and Street Fighter and lesser franchises like Ace Attorney and Okami.
I don't know, after Kazuya getting in after the Heihachi mii costume I just don't agree. Obviously Dante isn't it but I could still see RE or Ace Attorney getting in even despite the spirit event.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We got 3 RPG characters last time, and besides ARMS, Tekken, and Street Fighter all have different mechanics, same with Persona, Dragon Quest, and Fire Emblem last time.
->Implying that knowing Nintendo with their love of JRPG's and sword fighters they would put more fighting game characters then JRPG.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So it looks like the next fighter isn't going to be announced for quite a while so that does make it more plausible that Fighter 11 is a more recent pick than the others in this pack like I thought.

Also I called Sakurai picking Kazuya for his devil gene.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
That’s the great thing about having such obscure most wanted characters. Other than Velvet and spirit events for a few more of these, I don’t think any of my top 20 most wanted have been deconfirmed yet.

1624891966703.jpeg

I’m sorry for anyone who’s most wanted was deconfirmed today.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yea this was fun
I'm personally happy with the costumes, buying Shantae for sure, thinking about Dragonborn.

Plz send any memes about this mii wave y'all find lmao

Got your back.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Does this make Ace Attorney Capcoms new Frontrunner?

Oh ██ yeah!

Also, the very character this presentation was about already killed Miis deconfirming series and companies. Capcom and Bethesda are still very much alive. Well, maybe not Berhesda cause of that interview but Capcom still lives!

Give me Phoenix!
Street Fighter is, particularly with the first lady of fighting games herself, Chun-Li.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Man, that Dante Mii costume hurt my soul.

I’m going to be angry if the last character is lame while Capcom was actively allowing Dante in Smash.

Kazuya looks really fun though & I’m happy he’s bringing so much music!

It looks like this really is it though. Let’s hope we end out on a bang instead of a whimper.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Y'know, the funny thing is that the title cards were just SSBU X DRAGONBORN and SSBU X DANTE, meaning we got Dante (not) from the Devil May Cry series... But Todd didn't actually put Skyrim on Smash
Imagine if you select the Dragonborn Mii but the minute you start the match it fades to black, and then…

“So… you’re finally awake.” :4pacman:

And of course, F for Lloyd fans. Kinda wish the Dante Mii came with a DMC song, maybe even an instrumental Devil Trigger

but finally, an indie Mii with a song that ISN’T a Gunner. Hope we get one more and its a Brawler (Ori pls)

and I guess RIP LoL rumor too since this woulda been the prime time to show the Hollow Knight Mii and LoL is I think too big of a high note to end on as I said

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom