• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Alas, Kirby gets abused by his daddy, Sakurai once again.

My boy looks cute with the hair.

Also, R.I.P Capcom reps.
(I expected Lloyd to come back)

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
So, traditional fighting game characters as DLC = ****load of music

Also, nice to see another Mii costume come with a music track

Last edited:

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Super F for Dante. I can feel your pain, even if he is not one of my most wanted.

F for my girl Shantae. At least she's deluxe...

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
So hold up
Capcom's probably out
Bethesda's probably out
Shantae's gone

WHO TF IS THIS LAST CHARACTER GONNA BE BRO

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
What a massacre. I'm guessing we aren't seeing the last fighter until the game awards.
I don't expect that unless either the final character is the most complex one ever, or they are saving the final reveal for the anniversary of Ultimate's release which is in December.

Last edited:

FJA147

Smash Cadet
Good presentation overall, a lot of music, command inputs don’t seem so bad on this character. Mii costumes was a blood bath. I’m sorry for anyone who wanted any of those characters. Personally one of the funniest things in my opinion was Sakurai camping out
the CPU Ganondorf.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Aw man, I have to wait another day to get Kaz? Well, I at least wanna know this: What time, in Eastern Time (US & Canada), by the way, will Kaz be added?

Faso115

Smash Lord
Man this Mii wave has to be the most brutal deconfirmation wave yet.

Hmmm i predict we won't see the final character till november

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Wait okay Kazuya actually looks like a super dope way to implement fighting game mechanics in Smash??? Like I am so excited to try him out. He doesn't actually have any of those shifty special inputs except for the shoryuken while crouching to do the dash and his special throw. Other than that, it's all just holding the stick in one of eight directions while tapping the attack button a certain number of times. I actually love this because it's so simple and easy to learn but it keeps to the spirit of having tons and tons of moves for fighting game characters.

Stage looks awesome because breakable walls and King of Fighters Stadium is one of my fav Smash stages of all time.

And AYYYY we finally got a deluxe Mii costume again! Indies stay WINNING (also Dragonborn is definitely a super deserved Mii win I wish he was talked about in speculation for actual fighter more)

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Okay, after reviewing the footage tons of times and looking over the way Tekken works. I have come to the following conclusions about Kazuya.

Moveset Stuff

-Devils Form is Purely Aesthetic. Seeing as of all ~30 moves we’ve seen, there is not a single example of overlapping Devil and Regular moves. As well, all Devil moves have a big impact or make use of the added abilities (ie Smashes, Wings for Double Jump and Up Special, Lazar beam for Neutral Special)

-Tekken Rage is a powerup Kazuya gets after reaching a certain percent. It at least gives access to a one use per stock hyper move which I think is called Heavens Door. And if it works the same as Tekken it should boost his attack.

-Kazuya does NOT have punch and kick buttons, as he has a full list of specials (A Min Min style Jump for Up B, Lazer Beam for Neutral Special, A Side B burst option that crumples opponents (seen at 1:25), and I think if he uses Down Special on Ground he crouches (more on that in a sec), if used in the air he instead uses Devils Scissors.)

-Kazuya has a crouch mechanic giving him a small list of moves to play around with. And may be the only character in the game with an actually useful wavedash.

-Kazuya has a Back Tilt and Diagonal Inputs. This allows for the crazy amount of moves we’ve seen.

-Kazuya’s combo attacks likely stem from inputs that are continually built upon. I guess they are standard fighting game inputs that need timed presses to keep going.

-Unlike Terry and Ryu, Kazuya can NOT cancel any attacks into others. They must be organically built to lead into each other.

- Like Ryu and Terry, his jump isn’t very useful. Though thankfully Up Special (Seen at 1:29) looks good for recovery.

-Electric Wind God Fist is missing so far. Though if I had to guess it’s a secret just like it was in earlier Tekken games till 7.

All of this makes me 100% sure that Kazuya is the most complex character in the game. By a HUGE margin.

All I got was Down B wrong!

That stage and all the music! The Miis are beautiful!

This certainly did not disappoint.

We know for sure CP11 is it for new fighters.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So hold up
Capcom's probably out
Bethesda's probably out
Shantae's gone

Capcom still has Phoenix Wright, but not too confident in him rn

Crash, MC and LoL are too “high notes” to end DLC on

so who else but….
1624891589121.jpeg

Why yes I absolutely will shill the Veemos/Oomis until the very end 🐙

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Expectation: Tekken Costumes
Reality: No Tekken costumes and all of the costumes are character requests. lol

Good presentation overall, a lot of music, command inputs don’t seem so bad on this character.
Actually they're way worse. Like, trying to input a Downward Forward Tilt instead of a Crouching Forward Tilt or a Down Smash is likely to be incredibly annoying.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This really is the end after the last DLC character, huh?

It has been an honor speculating with you guys.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, on one hand, Kazuya looks pretty sick.

On the other hand, well... those Mii Costumes were, uh... uhhhhhhh........

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Dragonborn is out, and this means we're likely not getting a Bethesda character. Same with Capcom now that Dante's out.
That's what they want you to think, before they reveal that CP11 is Amaterasu from Okami.

It's such a shame to see them relegate a bunch of popular characters to Mii costume status right at the very end. I get that they can't include everybody, but it was still tough to watch. (I thought they'd just play it safe and include a bunch of Namco-Bandai characters)

Also, only four of the six "mystery slots" were used - maybe we're getting more spirits based on recently-released games tomorrow?

FJA147

Smash Cadet
In my opinion last character will be a character that is from SEGA or will double dip from a company already in FP2

DittoInDisguise

Smash Apprentice
So hold up
Capcom's probably out
Bethesda's probably out
Shantae's gone

A certain purple dressed man, with a new game to shill in October. Plus he was also the first AT revealed, what better way to end it by making him the last fighter?

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Man this Mii wave has to be the most brutal deconfirmation wave yet.

Hmmm i predict we won't see the final character till november
Brutal maybe but with one fighter left they probably just wanted to shove as many franchises as the could to deepen the crossover, so I'm glad they did it. My attention is on your second point... Sakurai went real hard on telling us his team will be working right up til the deadline for making the last DLC fighter, so I think we'll be stuck here in this thread speculating for looong while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom