• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
What's a shame is that this game from a gameplay perspective looks cool and concept wise it's also pretty sweet.

But the edge levels from the main character are Dirge of Cerberus levels of edge...
And yet Vincent wasn't anywhere near edgy. I mean, design-wise and voiced by Steve Blum, I guess, but personality-wise, Vincent was nowhere near the term. If anything, Jack is honestly more closer to Shadow the Hedgehog.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
They didn't want to hear the truth.
Honestly, that leak sounds very real. I have always had this weird feeling about Rayman going into it. He is probably my most wanted so it would make me happy. I am also pretty confident in a LOZ rep due to the new BOTW game and the anniversary.

I would be happy with this ending.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Honestly, that leak sounds very real. I have always had this weird feeling about Rayman going into it. He is probably my most wanted so it would make me happy. I am also pretty confident in a LOZ rep due to the new BOTW game and the anniversary.

What were the contents of the leak aside from the two Smash characters?

Shroob

Sup?

I find it very hard to believe it as real because the premise seems outlandish.

We just got a transforming character, and they're effectively Melee Clones of one another.

How am I supposed to believe 4 characters, all with unique movesets, properties, etc, all in one slot, and for 5.99$.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
4 different champions as one character slot is ridiculous. Just give Mipha alone I'd be happy.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I find it very hard to believe it as real because the premise seems outlandish.

We just got a transforming character, and they're effectively Melee Clones of one another.

How am I supposed to believe 4 characters, all with unique movesets, properties, etc, all in one slot, and for 5.99$.
True but it could be a Pokemon Trainer kind of situation. Then again Sakurai has had 3 years to make 11 DLC characters, that is as much time as the full development of all of Smash Ultimate with its 70-something characters as well as levels and modes.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am not sure if 4 Champions thing is real but I am hearing a lot of rumblings about a LOZ character and it does seem very likely.

Shroob

Sup?
What were the contents of the leak aside from the two Smash characters?
There wasn't anything.

The reason this gained traction is because Imran was talking about the story of BotW and used the phrase "Smash cut" in regards to them being killed off. Coupled with Arlo predicting them, and Gamexplain making a video of a potential moveset of this, people are running wild with it.

But Imran seems like he never intended it to even Be about Smash. He, and the rest of ResetEra, we poking fun at people who thought it was.

Shroob

Sup?
There's just too many "Yeah, nah." things about the whole deal.

"The dude on Gamefaqs!"... was banned. Not sure why, but his account got nuked over something. Doesn't mean he was lying per se, but he did something to bring the wrath down on him.

"Imran said!".... he said a film term, which he used in the correct context. Just because it has "Smash" in the word doesn't mean its related to Smash Bros. How he acted on ResetEra seems to imply he never meant for this to be taken as speculation.

"Arlo predicted".... and? Why would Arlo have secret insider info that no one else has? No offense to Arlo, I'm subbed to him, but I don't see why his word holds any weight as opposed to anyone esle.

"Gamexplain's video!"... Gamexplain isn't stupid. I severely doubt they'd make a video on leaked Smash info at this point while trying to cover it up as a guess. These are the same folks that tried their best to ignore the Grinch leak(Because they most likely knew it was fake).

And either way, Imran isn't the kinda guy to leak something soo out in the open. This is the guy who leaked Min Min via 6 paragraphs. I don't think he'd do something as obvious as "Champions, Smash, lul."

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
There's just too many "Yeah, nah." things about the whole deal.

"The dude on Gamefaqs!"... was banned. Not sure why, but his account got nuked over something. Doesn't mean he was lying per se, but he did something to bring the wrath down on him.

"Imran said!".... he said a film term, which he used in the correct context. Just because it has "Smash" in the word doesn't mean its related to Smash Bros. How he acted on ResetEra seems to imply he never meant for this to be taken as speculation.

"Arlo predicted".... and? Why would Arlo have secret insider info that no one else has? No offense to Arlo, I'm subbed to him, but I don't see why his word holds any weight as opposed to anyone esle.

"Gamexplain's video!"... Gamexplain isn't stupid. I severely doubt they'd make a video on leaked Smash info at this point while trying to cover it up as a guess. These are the same folks that tried their best to ignore the Grinch leak(Because they most likely knew it was fake).

And either way, Imran isn't the kinda guy to leak something soo out in the open. This is the guy who leaked Min Min via 6 paragraphs. I don't think he'd do something as obvious as "Champions, Smash, lul."
Also, Irman and especially Arlo and Gameexplain would not risk a blacklisting for being this blatant about a leak. Odds are, this is the community chomping at the bit hoping the slightest bit of info comes crashing into them. Odds are we won’t know who is coming until 11:59 EST at the earliest.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
He's suspended (Which is a temp ban) and the topic was deleted. Chances are, it was for trolling. Given the fact that he was suspended for it, the chances are high that it was an alt account by a known trouble maker. GFAQs is pretty harsh on moderations towards alternate accounts.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I'm totally okay with 4 Champions or even Rayman, but I'd rather want Champions to be separate characters, so if we really get that hypothetical one last bonus character on addition to them, the CSS finally feels to be completed.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm totally okay with 4 Champions or even Rayman, but I'd rather want Champions to be separate characters, so if we really get that hypothetical one last bonus character on addition to them, the CSS finally feels to be completed.
If I had to pick one, it would personally be Revali. Urbosa would be 2nd.

And since you're here, do you know what the Japanese forum goers are currently predicting as the reveal(s)?

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't really too interested in seeing a new Zelda rep simply because I feel the series is represented well already. Only having one champion also almost feels like creating a void where the other champions feel like they're missing from the roster.

Though, when I heard the idea of having the King of Hyrule in Smash, I was so down for it! It sounds like such an interesting, fun concept for a character who is important, yet hasn't gotten much screentime through the series.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'm pretty much hedging my bets on 2 outcomes

1. We get 1 Reveal and a Sakurai Presents set for later this week or next week

2. We get no reveal and instead get a Sakurai Presents announcement for Next week

Last edited:

Kritter

Smash Cadet
Arlo wouldn't leak anything because he despises leaks. I also don't think he'd have insider info.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm unsure why no reveal is being entertained as a possibility. I could totally see it not being a double reveal, but come on now. It's an E3 direct and it's four months after the last reveal. The Sakurai Presents doesn't need to be right away, nor does it need to coincide with the initial reveal; it only rarely has.
To blue-ball it - let alone for only a week - is absolutely absurd. Why would they kneecap their E3 like that?

Last edited:

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Looks like the guy who started the 4 Champions/Rayman leak got banned from Gamefaqs.

I have no idea what caused it.
Pretty sure he was just trolling, no one took him seriously there because he was a low karma account with lack of sources ergo he got banned. Literal 4chan tier. No way they are gonna add another stance character that makes even less sense in canon.

Ancient Helm mii also pretty much deconfirms a BOTW 2 rep, 1st party characters in general aren't in a very good spot rn. Your best bet would be Ayumi to shill her new game but even that is doubtful.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
goes to Youtube to watch a video
sees a specific trailer in the recommended section

Well, that probably gave SharkLord SharkLord a fright for a moment.

Last edited:

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
all said I'm pretty comfortable without leaks, the reveal is tomorrow and we don't have a single clue of who it will be
imo that just makes it more exciting

MisterMike

Smash Champion
While I find the concept too complex to realistically make it in at this point, I'd be pretty psyched to see the 4 Champions thing happen. They'd certainly be different from a lot of other fighters on the roster,

I wasn't really too interested in seeing a new Zelda rep simply because I feel the series is represented well already. Only having one champion also almost feels like creating a void where the other champions feel like they're missing from the roster.

Though, when I heard the idea of having the King of Hyrule in Smash, I was so down for it! It sounds like such an interesting, fun concept for a character who is important, yet hasn't gotten much screentime through the series.
I dunno, he'd probably be too OP. I mean, gliding was enough to get Meta Knight banned, after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom