• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Only speculated characters that got in were Banjo and Hero, albeit people had doubts on Banjo due to the console war stuff and everyone assumed it was just Erdrick alone.

This is why I keep such an open mind when it comes to Smash speculation. Or at the very least, stay away from the small handful of bandwagon characters that take up a majority of the conversation. Most of the characters that got in were ones that went under the radar or like Steve and Pyra/Mythra, people gave up on quickly after a certain point.

It does get annoying when I wanna talk about some lesser talked about characters like Kiryu, Reimu, or even oddball choices like Monokuma and I get ignored for Waluigi discussion #94558, Sora discussion #58498, Hayabusa discussion #9589, or Crash discussion #94583. Not dissing those characters but it's the same rotation and whenever I bring them up, I get risked being shut down by someone saying they're "Impossible" and move on.
To be fair, there was also Byleth and Steve. It's just that Byleth came sooner than expected and Steve came later; The former was expected for FP2 and Steve ended up getting overshadowed by Master Chief around here, even if he was a big name elsewhere.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

Enjoy. In Honor of E3 announcement earlier today. Classic game coming to the Switch.
That man is one of the modern day comedy kings, I'll tell ya that!

Truly, I said it before the barfight happened but like... The Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout video and its sequel Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage... those are two of the very funniest things I've ever seen in my life, it never fails to cause laughter hahahahahahaha

"BUGS BUNNY'S BIRTHDAY BLOWOUT? More like Bugs Bunny's Birthday BEATING!"

volbound1700

Smash Master
That man is one of the modern day comedy kings, I'll tell ya that!

Truly, I said it before the barfight happened but like... The Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout video and its sequel Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage... those are two of the very funniest things I've ever seen in my life, it never fails to cause laughter hahahahahahaha

"BUGS BUNNY'S BIRTHDAY BLOWOUT? More like Bugs Bunny's Birthday BEATING!"
Ironically, I watched both of the Bugs Bunny videos right before watching this one again lol. I cannot believe the coincidence of your post.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Honestly my problem with the Capcom show was the pacing. They spent like 10 minutes to finish with Resident Evil & Monster Hunter which was fine, although I would've liked to see literally anything for the RE announcement instead of only text but w/e. After that it went downhill with the next 10 minutes going to Ace Attorney spoilers followed by 10 minutes of an Esports nothing burger + recap. They only really needed 15-20 minutes but it just dragged on with a whole lot of nothing.
Oh yeah. As an AA fan I actually don't think the AA section helped the game a lot... I mean. Visual novels are hard to sell to people unfamiliar with them. Yeah, most people will at least kinda recognize Phoenix Wright and all, but that doesn't mean they're fans of the genre. So promoting a visual novel in massive events like this, where thousands of people tune in, mostly expecting some "BIG HYPE ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!", it's... hard.

The AA part didn't need to be so long, I agree with that completely. I think it would have helped more to showcase the game with a cool montage trailer of 1 or 2 minutes, and then announce a demo of the full first chapter available today. That would have left a better impresion to non-AA players. We Ace Attorney fans will buy this anyways, so they should be trying to do better to promote the series for those who are not.

Oh yeah I'd love to learn more about the Lords. They were fantastic
But I do wonder if we get more on the BSAA stuff with Chris or if that'll be part of RE9 or another RE game if 9 is all about Rose.
Oh yeah true, it could actually be Chris vs BSAA thing they implied at the end. I figured they would just leave that plot thing open just in case, it wouldn't be the first time in the series for a build up to get 0 conclusions.

As for RE9 I feel Rose is going to be the main character. Them implying she has some kind of powers sounds interesting and it probably justifies another first person game to close the "Winters trilogy". I just hope she aged very fast and that's why she now looks like she has 17 years because otherwise it would mean Chris, Leon and the other classic characters are quite old, and the mainline series so far has never went back in the timeline, unless you count RE Zero as a mainline game.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Nintendo's hypin up tomorrow's big bad show.

SKX31

Smash Master
Caught up on the Xbox presentation. It looked... pretty good actually. Now people here may not be all that enthusiastic about several games, but here's very late notes:

• STALKER getting a sequel is really interesting, especially since the original is a pretty damn good - if buggy - game in its own right.
  • Sea of Thieves is still alive, and if anything the Jack Sparrow thing shows confidence from both dev and publisher. Good to see that Rare has it as the backbone to help fund further games like Everwild.
  • Yakuza release is another plus, since it shows increased interest from Sega.
  • Battlefield 2042 looked... pretty damn interesting too. While it's not revolutionary the genre could really use some more interconnected maps that actually use all kinds of space, especially for multiplayer games. Still, I find it worrying that the publisher / devs want to have the cake and eat it too in regards to the in-game climate apocalypse.
  • Psychonauts 2? My older brother really liked the first game, so I'm happy for him.
  • Skyrim 10th and TES Online... yeah expected while we wait for TES VI, and Bethesda's really trying to salvage FallOut 76 from total disaster territory.
  • Party Animals looked solid on its Steam Beta, good to see it on Xbox consoles too.
  • Hades getting more looks promising for that game.
  • The Halo multiplayer. The big showstopper since Microsoft relies on that a lot. It makes a lot of sense why that's Free to play while the campaign is its own, especially now with really big filesizes. It does put a ton of pressure on the campaign - not only since it's the one people will pay for, but also since Halo 4 / 5's campaigns have not been considered as good as the first 3 (IIRC).
  • Diablo II's remake... pressure is really on Blizzard (and Activision by proxy), especially since WarCraft 3 ReForged flopped.
  • Far Cry 6, now with Morgan Freeman (?). Kinda expected, but interested to see where this goes.
  • Slime Rancher 2 - agreeing with Max that if Nintendo had made that people here would go nuts over it.
  • Atomic Heart is the most bizarre game I've seen a trailer of. Half Life but with crash dummies it looked like and more random ****? I'm intrigued.
  • Eiyuden Chronicles looked... pretty damn unique, even if its visuals looked wonky when trying to blend in.
  • Age of Empires I and II were two of my childhood games, so please Microsoft make AoE IV actually good, I beg you. Its visuals don't look amazing, but it might be an intentional callback to II. Please Microsoft. Please don't bungle it.
  • The Outer Worlds 2: So fourth-wally that I'm pretty sure that Deadpool could blend in. I'm interested.
  • Not sure what Redfall's trying to do... yeah. I'm cautious on this.
  • Some games that didn't show off much more than we already knew like Grounded, or some that were "Eh" like Shredders the snowboarding one.

I hardcore get the impression that a lot of the "E3 is dying" comments partly come from them not being in the target audience for those games. This is not meant to put down on people who feel that this year's E3's been a let down: I mean, Square's presentation was overshadowed by

Choas.png

Oh where was I? Yeah, killing Chaos Zero and all that. But Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 had a million average views and an hours watched total that comes kinda close to Summer Game Fest's. Not really that close to Nintendo's February Direct which averaged 1,5 million, but still. E3's not going to die in the immiediate future.

So all in all, while I say that Nintendo only has Microsoft as competition, it's pretty damn decent competition.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

hyrogon

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah. As an AA fan I actually don't think the AA section helped the game a lot... I mean. Visual novels are hard to sell to people unfamiliar with them. Yeah, most people will at least kinda recognize Phoenix Wright and all, but that doesn't mean they're fans of the genre. So promoting a visual novel in massive events like this, where thousands of people tune in, mostly expecting some "BIG HYPE ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!", it's... hard.

The AA part didn't need to be so long, I agree with that completely. I think it would have helped more to showcase the game with a cool montage trailer of 1 or 2 minutes, and then announce a demo of the full first chapter available today. That would have left a better impresion to non-AA players. We Ace Attorney fans will buy this anyways, so they should be trying to do better to promote the series for those who are not.

Oh yeah true, it could actually be Chris vs BSAA thing they implied at the end. I figured they would just leave that plot thing open just in case, it wouldn't be the first time in the series for a build up to get 0 conclusions.

As for RE9 I feel Rose is going to be the main character. Them implying she has some kind of powers sounds interesting and it probably justifies another first person game to close the "Winters trilogy". I just hope she aged very fast and that's why she now looks like she has 17 years because otherwise it would mean Chris, Leon and the other classic characters are quite old, and the mainline series so far has never went back in the timeline, unless you count RE Zero as a mainline game.
For me at least, the AA section was actually pretty charming, so I'm interested

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Vote time, what game should they port to the Switch next:

1. Action 52
2. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde from NES
3. Kang Fu
4. Superman 64
5. Hong Kong 97

Let me know now.
Action 52 because The Cheetahmen theme is actually legit even if it keeps being interrupted during gameplay.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

1. Action 52
3. Kang Fu
4. Superman 64
5. Hong Kong 97
6. Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

Let me know now.

Big Rigs Over the Road Racing just for the insanity of it all hahahahahaha

I just hope Bandai Namco’s presentation has SOMETHING good in it
TEKKEN: Women's Boxing Edition

.... I'd buy it. For real, actually.

Either that or just announce Hulk Hogan as a DLC fighter for Tekken and it'd be the best thing ever.

Also SoulCalibur: Astaroth Kills Everybody hahahaha yes just go nuts

For real though... they could just announce either Xenoverse 2 DLC or Xenoverse 3 and it'd be enough to satiate me, I'd lose it. Heck, any Dragon Ball thing really.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Caught up on the Xbox presentation. It looked... pretty good actually. Now people here may not be all that enthusiastic about several games, but here's very late notes:

• STALKER getting a sequel is really interesting, especially since the original is a pretty damn good - if buggy - game in its own right.
  • Sea of Thieves is still alive, and if anything the Jack Sparrow thing shows confidence from both dev and publisher. Good to see that Rare has it as the backbone to help fund further games like Everwild.
  • Yakuza release is another plus, since it shows increased interest from Sega.
  • Battlefield 2042 looked... pretty damn interesting too. While it's not revolutionary the genre could really use some more interconnected maps that actually use all kinds of space, especially for multiplayer games. Still, I find it worrying that the publisher / devs want to have the cake and eat it too in regards to the in-game climate apocalypse.
  • Psychonauts 2? My older brother really liked the first game, so I'm happy for him.
  • Skyrim 10th and TES Online... yeah expected while we wait for TES VI, and Bethesda's really trying to salvage FallOut 76 from total disaster territory.
  • Party Animals looked solid on its Steam Beta, good to see it on Xbox consoles too.
  • Hades getting more looks promising for that game.
  • The Halo multiplayer. The big showstopper since Microsoft relies on that a lot. It makes a lot of sense why that's Free to play while the campaign is its own, especially now with really big filesizes. It does put a ton of pressure on the campaign - not only since it's the one people will pay for, but also since Halo 4 / 5's campaigns have not been considered as good as the first 3 (IIRC).
  • Diablo II's remake... pressure is really on Blizzard (and Activision by proxy), especially since WarCraft 3 ReForged flopped.
  • Far Cry 6, now with Morgan Freeman (?). Kinda expected, but interested to see where this goes.
  • Slime Rancher 2 - agreeing with Max that if Nintendo had made that people here would go nuts over it.
  • Atomic Heart is the most bizarre game I've seen a trailer of. Half Life but with crash dummies it looked like and more random ****? I'm intrigued.
  • Eiyuden Chronicles looked... pretty damn unique, even if its visuals looked wonky when trying to blend in.
  • Age of Empires I and II were two of my childhood games, so please Microsoft make AoE IV actually good, I beg you. Its visuals don't look amazing, but it might be an intentional callback to II. Please Microsoft. Please don't bungle it.
  • The Outer Worlds 2: So fourth-wally that I'm pretty sure that Deadpool could blend in. I'm interested.
  • Not sure what Redfall's trying to do... yeah. I'm cautious on this.
  • Some games that didn't show off much more than we already knew like Grounded, or some that were "Eh" like Shredders the snowboarding one.

I hardcore get the impression that a lot of the "E3 is dying" comments partly come from them not being in the target audience for those games. This is not meant to put down on people who feel that this year's E3's been a let down: I mean, Square's presentation was overshadowed by

View attachment 319184

Oh where was I? Yeah, killing Chaos Zero and all that. But Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 had a million average views and an hours watched total that comes kinda close to Summer Game Fest's. Not really that close to Nintendo's February Direct which averaged 1,5 million, but still. E3's not going to die in the immiediate future.

So all in all, while I say that Nintendo only has Microsoft as competition, it's pretty damn decent competition.
Far Cry's villain is played by Giancarlo Esposito, people might know him from Breaking Bad and Mandalorian.

Also Atomic Heart has Mick Gordon on the soundtrack so it's got certified bangers nailed down

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Just a friendly reminder, please do not attack or joke about others personal opinions over what is (or isn’t) shown off at these events.

1. Action 52
3. Kang Fu
4. Superman 64
5. Hong Kong 97

Let me know now.
Town with No Name isn’t on this list but I’m voting for it anyways.

Ivander

Smash Legend

1. Action 52
3. Kang Fu
4. Superman 64
5. Hong Kong 97

Let me know now.
Gruntz!

Death by huge balls and karaoke!

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I have high suspicions that after Nintendo's E3 and this thread unlocks that there's going to be countless posts saying how disappointed everyone is in Non-Stop crying
I feel pretty bad for any fighter that isn't Crash or Chief really... they'll be railed against purely for not being Crash or Chief (or any of the other popularly mentioned characters)

Many will enter, only 2 will win. And chances are those 2 aren't gonna fall in line with what everyone is expecting so like... yeah, it might be a bit rough after the show...

HOWEVER, iffin ya ask me, I'll just be happy to FINALLY have a new character to look forward too man!

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Just a friendly reminder, please do not attack or joke about others personal opinions over what is (or isn’t) shown off at these events.

AMEN to the "no attacking" hallelujah!

Town with No Name hahaha let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

violently stomps a spider

"COME BACK SHANE!"

murders a child super casually

"My name's not Shane, KID!"

Rides off into space

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I have high suspicions that after Nintendo's E3 and this thread unlocks that there's going to be countless posts saying how disappointed everyone is in Non-Stop crying
I've seen Gearbox Studios essentially say nothing, watched Square Enix screw up an easy Final Fantasy collection, and had Capcom trying offer e-sports footage as part of a highlight reel.

If tomorrow's presentation was literally just the 2018 E3 Smash Direct footage played again, it would not begin to match the disappointment this event has already already offered.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I used to only care about Smash related content, but now that I have literally every character I've wanted I'm at that weird "what do I do now?" kind of state haha. It's a great place to be in, if I'm honest :)
But something I really enjoy seeing is the "small" game announcements that end up being really unique and fun games.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

1. Action 52
3. Kang Fu
4. Superman 64
5. Hong Kong 97

Let me know now.
I'd rather have better games be ported than games that are complete garbage.

Like come on, wouldn't you rather play an obscure game that you might enjoy like Darkwatch which has this unique vampire western theme and you play as this dude called Jericho Cross?

Farzx-dw00014.jpg

volbound1700

Smash Master

You are right, I forgot about that GEM. Granted there are others missing as well.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Speaking of ports of old games... there are a lot of licensed games I want back hahahahaha like REALLY BAD.

One of them is that SNES Power Rangers game I played way too many times as a kid. First game I ever beat in fact!

THAT THING HAD A BALLER SOUNDTRACK DUDE! Even if it was literally just them standing in a building it went hard like

JIMINY CHRISTMAS I want it back hard hahahaha SO HARD!

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I really do hope that Nintendo doesn’t adopt the whole “pro” term for a new system and goes with the word “super” instead.
Hopefully any new console also benefits some of the other older games like smash bros.

I’m honestly at a loss of who it will be, more animal like characters would look better aesthetically, maybe even a quadruped character like the dog from Okami.

Im curious if lloyd will just suffer the same fate as every other mii costume or if he’ll be the one exception.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I really do hope that Nintendo doesn’t adopt the whole “pro” term for a new system and goes with the word “super” instead.
Hopefully any new console also benefits some of the other older games like smash bros.

I’m honestly at a loss of who it will be, more animal like characters would look better aesthetically, maybe even a quadruped character like the dog from Okami.

Im curious if lloyd will just suffer the same fate as every other mii costume or if he’ll be the one exception.
How about Switch Advance for the new Switch’s name?

volbound1700

Smash Master
I'd rather have better games be ported than games that are complete garbage.

Like come on, wouldn't you rather play an obscure game that you might enjoy like Darkwatch which has this unique vampire western theme and you play as this dude called Jericho Cross?

View attachment 319199
That is kind of the point of my post though, it is absurd that we are getting Plumbers Don't Wear Ties as a port. What were they thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom