• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Technomage

Smash Champion
I've come up with a new game: List 10 comic-relief/joke characters you would add to Smash's roster.

My picks are:

1) Slippy Toad
2) Tingle
3) Bubsy
4) Bad Box Art Mega Man
5) Lester the Unlikely
6) CD-i Link
7) Goomba
8) Kefka Palazzo
9) Dan Hibiki
10) Glass Joe

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
Do you guys think Any of the Next two Fighters will use Swords, whether one or both of them, or do you think we are done with Swordfighters for this Pass?

who needs More swords when you have the junkyard dog mkIII(VI)?:4pacman:

24367B7A-D44E-4D12-A82A-37A0116C9245.png

betting on him being the last sword user and fire based character in the game btw

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

The countdown begins.

UNTIL THE NEXT MII SLAUGHTERING BEGINS!!!!
Can't wait for the next big slaughter.
You both seem way too excited about this. I don't think you'd be as enthusiastic if your most-wanted characters were getting turned into Mii costumes, or at risk of having that happen. (though that might depend on the character - in some cases, it could be better than not having them in the game at all, but that seems like it's pretty rare)

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Can't wait for the next big slaughter.
I expect another big slaughter because first parties usually tend to come with the more "out there" Mii Costumes. Well, them and Western Third Parties. I do expect more Xenoblade costumes. All FP characters so far (with the exceptions of Banjo & Kazooie and Byleth) have come with costumes from their own franchise.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just want to see Sakurai show his love for Xenoblade 2 ( as well as the other Xeno games if possible.) see how the two Aegis work (and hope they're fun) & see what music we will get.

I guess I like a Malos alt or a Malos Mii Costume, but outside that, I'm a simple man with simple need.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You both seem way too excited about this. I don't think you'd be as enthusiastic if your most-wanted characters were getting turned into Mii costumes, or at risk of having that happen. (though that might depend on the character - in some cases, it could be better than not having them in the game at all, but that seems like it's pretty rare)
True, guess I'm being hypocritical on my part then. I wouldn't be saying this if K. Rool, Banjo, and Ridley weren't still in the game.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Oh, I would love to see Mii Costumes of my Most Wanted. I know none of mine are happening, so to see them getting acknowledged by the Dev Team at all, in a Physical Form, would be hype for me. Especially since if it's one of the more popular characters, the scene will become much more fresh.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m more anxious than anything - if they do want to return to Ultimate later I hope Elma and KOS-MOS survive. It’s possible we get only 2 or even no Xenoblade costumes as Byleth came with ZERO FE costumes and Min Min only came with the one (Ninjara) though tbf Spring Man and Ribbon Girl were costumes in base

I do however want to know if the following are Mii’d:
  • Mecha-Fiora. I voted for her on the ballot along with Snake and Neku. Snake’s back, Neku is MIA although thankfully the Sephiroth presentation spared him, and Fiora... is in Shulk’s Final Smash. It seems Chrom is the exception and not the rule when it comes to FS characters being playable in the same game so a Mii of her would be suitable compensation
  • The Knight from Hollow Knight with SPECIFICALLY a Sealed Vessel remix. Those who’ve known me for a while know why.
  • Monster Hunter, any of the armors from 4. Not only cuz I find it fitting with Xenoblade also having “Unique Monsters” aka Tyrants, but that damn concert rumor will be proven fake once and for all

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I'm thinking the remaining Sm4sh Mii Costumes will be here. It's perfect timing for both, and will kill them both, thus getting rid of them from speculation, thus helping it stay fresh. I'm also really hoping Dante, Phoenix Wright, and Hayabusa personally when it comes to the Mii Costumes.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Imagine the peak irony if Hayabusa got Mii’d though...

ngl I’d find it a bit funny. All those rumors saying Hayabusa for Smash... but neglected to mention he was a Mii. 😈
Yes I crave chaos what of it?
Actually not gonna lie, I think at this point there is a good chance Hayabusa could be Mii'd. I can even see it being tomorrow.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Dunno bout you, im hyped to see Sora, Layton or Yuri show up as mii costumes. I would add Ammy and Don chan but idk how they will turn a pure doggo and a Drum into a mii costune

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dunno bout you, im hyped to see Sora, Layton or Yuri show up as mii costumes. I would add Ammy and Don chan but idk how they will turn a pure doggo and a Drum into a mii costune
As if Nintendo would go out of their way to negotiate with Disney of all companies for a Mii costume.

Sora is either in as a fighter or out.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
You know what's even more annoying than his "fanbase"? People who hope for a character to get deconfirmed just because of a few loudmouths on Twitter.
Ah yes. Expecting a Character who would straight up break the game if they actually got in, Sm4sh Bayonetta fused with Sm4sh Cloud. Yeah, no one wants that to happen. It would destroy the competitive scene, and guess who is literally the embodiment of that, as well as the toxic side of the Fan Base's Hypocritical Most Wanted? That's right, DING DING DING! Dante! Can you see why I want him to be Mii'd outside of an annoying Twitter following?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Ah yes. Expecting a Character who would straight up break the game if they actually got in, Sm4sh Bayonetta fused with Sm4sh Cloud. Yeah, no one wants that to happen. It would destroy the competitive scene, and guess who is literally the embodiment of that, as well as the toxic side of the Fan Base's Hypocritical Most Wanted? That's right, DING DING DING! Dante! Can you see why I want him to be Mii'd outside of an annoying Twitter following?
Any character can break the game. It's not your job to figure out who would and wouldn't be broken - that's the balance team's job. Besides, the reasons Sm4sh couldn't be rebalanced was because of the patch limitations on the 3DS.

This argument makes negative sense, dude.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They've been good about balancing the character this time minus Joker though.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Any character can break the game. It's not your job to figure out who would and wouldn't be broken - that's the balance team's job. Besides, the reasons Sm4sh couldn't be rebalanced was because of the patch limitations on the 3DS.

This argument makes negative sense, dude.
Ah yes, Bayonetta the Sword Fighter! Also, you have evidence for that 3DS Claim of yours?

SKX31

Smash Master
Yes. And you all will be both happy and salty.
I don't think I want to imagine the fallout when you mix that with the already existing Salt Hell (TM)*.

Also known as Elite Smash PK Fire spam.

Oh no... she would be more worse than Samus, Young Link or any other characters that love spamming projectiles too much.
I'm not entirely sure that would be the case, since Reimu's attacks could be (mostly) horizontal like most projectiles are.

Anyhow, while the following is very basic, there are some stuff that's worth keeping in mind vs. projectile spammers (or any other spammers for that matter) - whether it's Smash or any other fighter really. Because sometimes one forgets the basic stuff:

* The mental aspect plays a large role in a fighting game - so vs. a projectile spammer, try to figure out if the spammer is doing it automatic or tries to mix up every now and then. The spammer is either way likely trying to get in your head and get you frustrated.

* Vary your own approach. First time around you might wanna jump x distance towards the spammer, other times do something else like shielding or jumping y distance. If your character has a reflector, don't use it too often. Make the spammer guess - hopefully you'll be able to get a panic move from the spammer sooner or later because many spammers have come to rely on the spam working.

* Remember to take a breather yourself every now and then and try to reset just a bit. A half second might suffice.

Again, it's worth keeping in mind. The above is not a guarantee - sometimes one loses vs. a spammer - but for me personally spammers became much more manageable when taking into account what a spammer usually wants to do.

They've been good about balancing the character this time minus Joker though.
I'd argue that they've been decent with Joker too - the only real issues for me are that Tetrakarn / Makarakarn are absurdly huge and spammable (granted, temporary counter, but still) and that Joker starts second stock onwards with 20 % - IIRC - of the Rebel Gauge already filled in. The balance team did reasonable nerfs to Arsene's duration (specifically, the Arsene meter dropping more with each hit) and Gun no longer shooting diagonally down - but only straight downward. Gun still works as a gimping tool post-nerf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom