• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
This entire forum is just blacklisted by them tbh
Tbh, given that we talk the h o r n y talk every few days, I wouldn't be surprised.

Also, I dunno who started calling P/M the Bae Blades, but I'm stealing it from now on. :roll:

Not even Kingdom Hearts devs know what's going on in the plot.
Fixed.

I mean, if the plot up until now was somehow planned in advance, I wouldn't know whether to be impressed or scared.

Also Double post but.

One last celebration of gaming.
Ah, I see. So that's what the hype is about. CP11 was made in collaboration with Microsoft, Sony, Valve and every company with a gaming platform or launcher.

As soon as the presentation ends, every gaming console and PC will brick at the same time. That's why it's the last celebration of gaming.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ah crap I voted Kazuya’s trailer without seeing the multi vote function. I woulda voted Hero and some others too

can I change my vote?

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Ladies, Gentleman, and everybody inside and outside the confines of gender. I present to you the final Papagenos video! (again)
50 hours remain as the good men approach the throne of judgement, just about time to settle it in Smash! I don’t know what I was going for with this post tbh

Edit: Going back through the thread it seems 7NATOR already had this covered. My bad. Looks like I missed one hell of a troll too.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
How funny that SB is blacklisted from them but they still allow corrupt mods
I mean.
There's nothing funnier than looking at the ResetEra Takes, and reading what those members writes.

I know we talked about The smash community bubble, but for them, it's a complete echo-chamber. Either you're with them, or you're banned.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
** me, can we just get someone credible coming in and saying "Ya, ** no, it's not Sora."
I made my peace for more than a year now.
Why now?
Imagine spending 40 mins defending a fake leak 🙃
I hate that I have to choose between sleep and getting behind 20 pages on here. Sleep is worth it tho I slept all day now I'm at denny's then I'm gonna go finish Squid Game cause that show is awesome.

Sooooo....

Hmm...

Doooh. Imagination... Figment. :/ yeah someone posted a Pic of figment 10 pages back.... Sigh. Sora for smash

View attachment 332681

Nah jk y'all sora fans ok if he gets in yay for u but I'll admittedly unimpressed.
Dont worry, even the smartest of Sora fans knows not to belive this hype either

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Pyra and Mythra are welcome additions in my mind. Xenoblade earned a second (technically third rep), and they're fun to play as. The music is also great, though Counterattack's a watered down version of the original track which is kinda sad

Jondolio

Smash Hero
You know what, I might be running my mouth again, but I might be willing to put money on Sora not being the final character. Like I said before, I'd be very surprised if it's not a Gen 8 Pokémon, but the 4chan "leaks" feel like they jinxed Sora specifically

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You know what, I might be running my mouth again, but I might be willing to put money on Sora not being the final character. Like I said before, I'd be very surprised if it's not a Gen 8 Pokémon, but the 4chan "leaks" feel like they jinxed Sora specifically
How I work is basically.
"It's not Sora" , I win by not expecting him
But if it's Sora, I win because IT IS my most wanted ever.

And Im just feeling the doom of Gen 8 over our head.
Id take anything but Cinderace or a Pokemon

Jondolio

Smash Hero
How I work is basically.
"It's not Sora" , I win by not expecting him
But if it's Sora, I win because IT IS my most wanted ever.

And Im just feeling the doom of Gen 8 over our head.
Id take anything but Cinderace or a Pokemon
I dunno, I'm not really into the idea of a Gen 8 mon either, but with Legends Arceus being a thing... my MW Decidueye might have a slightly bigger chance than I'm giving them credit for

Kokiden

Smash Ace
To answer the poll question, Sephiroth's One Winged Angel trailer still remains the most hype trailer for me.

Joker may be my favourite inclusion, but there is no denying how incredible Sephiroth's trailer is.

There is no one upping that "did he kill Mario?!" fake out (for now at least)

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Here's something to think about

Ya know....I'm starting to think the final fighter is gonna be pretty big and hype!

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
PYRA/MYTHRA:
Much like Min Min, not a character I was especially requesting, but one I'm glad is here. Both Arms and XB2 missed out on base because of poor timing so it's really nice to see Sakurai give them another chance. Shame their reveal was kinda muted. While I was surprised to see Rex left out, the trailer was just too slow and obvious. It's kinda like Byleth in that regard but that trailer also had the advantage of being hilarious because Fire Emblem. Still good to see Switch era stuff getting represented though.

Moveset wise they're fun. Again, I love swordies so that's not a surprise. Pyra's hits feel appropriately devastating and Mythra's flashy specials contrast that nicely. I also really appreciate the stage choice. To me Gramps is a part of Nintendo history. Why? Because he represents that one direct (I think it was E3) where he talked for about ten minutes, describing in detail aspects of XB2. Sorry for Xenoblade fans but I was definitely tuning out during that stretch of the direct, but it's fun to joke about now. But back to the challenger pack, it did a good job really fleshing out the Xenoblade music. Hopefully we can get some more stuff from the first game and X someday.

So yeah, my thoughts are relatively brief, especially after my gargantuan Sephiroth post from yesterday. But still I'm glad the Aegis duo are here. Maybe someday I'll play a Xenoblade game. I've been thinking about picking up the first one.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Here's something to think about

Ya know....I'm starting to think the final fighter is gonna be pretty big and hype!
The second statement gives me a bit of doubt. Like he said that and we got Min Min as our first character who I can say for certainty is not the biggest gaming character.

I think the "celebration in gaming" quote is just a figure of speech.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Pyra/Mythra are what I would call the improved execution of formerly flawed concepts.

As far as general inclusion, I don't have much to say, Xenoblade's fairly popular, and they made sense to get in. The more telling thing about their overall showcase was that they were a Byleth style reveal done far better. Obviously there are differences in context, with FE having far more characters in and there being no real expectation or major rumors prior to the February 2021 Direct like there had been a year previous. However, not only was the trailer generally better (albeit somewhat obvious it was probably Smash and not XC2 DLC giving the timing), the general scenario was much more favorable, being in the first general direct in a very long time and basically guaranteed to have something to interest you even if you were indifferent to their inclusion. Essentially a lot of potential backlash from some Western fans was greatly mitigated by how they were shown off, and thus the overall reception was pretty positive.

As far as fighters themselves, to be perfectly frank I'd say that Pyra/Mythra are my favorite transformation set in the history of the series. My general issue with the likes of Samus/Zero Suit, Zelda/Sheik, & the Pokémon Trainer was a tendency to favor one particular part over the other/s, to the point where playing as the complete package never really that satisfying. The great success of the Xenoblade duo is that both are really enjoyable to play, and I rarely ever run into a situation of feeling like one is carrying the other in terms of either fun or effectiveness. Even as someone who's never touched the series, I'm grateful for their inclusion for finally making a long time Smash mechanic live up to its potential.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The second statement gives me a bit of doubt. Like he said that and we got Min Min as our first character who I can say for certainty is not the biggest gaming character.

It could be, but this combined with the Japanese Smash twitter account hyping up the countdown to the final presentation makes me think something good is being planned.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I wonder how different things would have been if Ryu Hayabusa had been the final DLC character in Fighter Pass 1.

That and any video game character we get would inherently add to the celebration of gaming. we could get something as minor as the 3-13 Archer from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and it would still be 100% true.
Also, I don't think he ever said anything about "celebration of gaming" before Steve was revealed.

As far as general inclusion, I don't have much to say, Xenoblade's fairly popular, and they made sense to get in. The more telling thing about their overall showcase was that they were a Byleth style reveal done far better. Obviously there are differences in context, with FE having far more characters in and there being no real expectation or major rumors prior to the February 2021 Direct like there had been a year previous. However, not only was the trailer generally better (albeit somewhat obvious it was probably Smash and not XC2 DLC giving the timing), the general scenario was much more favorable, being in the first general direct in a very long time and basically guaranteed to have something to interest you even if you were indifferent to their inclusion. Essentially a lot of potential backlash from some Western fans was greatly mitigated by how they were shown off, and thus the overall reception was pretty positive.

That and, you know, far more people actually wanted a Xenoblade 2 character than an 8th Fire Emblem character so Pythra were never going to get that much backlash even if they traded places with Byleth.

It could be, but this combined with the Japanese Smash twitter account hyping up the countdown to the final presentation makes me think something good is being planned.
Which really doesn't narrow it down. Characters like Dixie and BanDee are good additions as would something like Ryu Hayabusa be a good addition. Tons of people would be pleased with their inclusions.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
He did also say the term "celebration of gaming" in Byleth's presentation.

Though if the fighter's a big name... then oh boy buckle up kiddos

Cuz we boutta hit hype horsepower
1633267106512.png

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Yeah I'm probably being cautious here but this could be just what you're saying.

Granted, between this and the "let your imagination run wild" thing I'm not gonna blame the people that thinks CP11 is a big one.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Pyra and Mythra are both really fun characters. XC2 is a massively popular game and people really wanted it to get some representation in Smash, so I can't argue with their inclusion, the merit was there.
I tend to solo Pyra, and she's a lot of fun to play as, even if the voice lines can get a wee tad grating at points.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
How funny that SB is blacklisted from them but they still allow corrupt mods
I don't think we're blacklisted per say, I think a lot of it is just trash talk. That said, I don't really pay attention to the discourse.

You can change your vote now; I'm hoping it doesn't screw anything up haha. (I've had experiences where the polls acted weird on me at times)
Someone with a Dr. Doom avatar showing mercy? :emptysheep:

It's gonna be sad saying goodbye to Mr Sakurai Presents. Every one had at least one good meme and it's interesting listening to his perspective on certain series.
Definitely. You can probably guess what tomorrow's last poll will be. lol

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Yeah I'm probably being cautious here but this could be just what you're saying.

Granted, between this and the "let your imagination run wild" I'm not gonna blame the people that thinks CP11 is a big one.
Considering "let your imagination run wild" in no way implies that the last one will be a super huge character, I'm not going to sympathise with any complaints that people were led on in the event things don't turn out the way they want. All that sentence means is that any character is possible, ranging from the super iconic to the super obscure.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Everyone here looking at clues that have to do with imagination, and I'm just here like

"Let your imagination run wild."

:4pacman:, if it wasn't clear enough.
inb4 LoL is announced for the switch within the week (I know Wild Rift is already coming to it, but I'm pretty sure it's separate from the main game.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
OR they could be just hyping it up because it is the last character of the game with none planned afterwards

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I will say this, calling it a celebration of gaming once more is funny as it implies that once again, "No it has to all be low key Nintendo characters because pass 1 took all the budget" is gonna get blown the **** out
Watch as we get Meowth, who is both first party and anything but a "low key" character considering how iconic he is.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I don't really think it's gonna be a Pokémon. I know people who would just keep predicting "a Pokémon" every single Challenger pack, up to, of course, now.
Help me out here, is it an actual prediction or some kind of disappointment insurance policy?

Not that aren't Pokémon that would make good fighters, mind you.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom