• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
What’s going on? Did something leak?
Spoiler alert:

Some person pretending to have information on E3 posted four major titles in a crypted languages. One of these is Master Chief, I made sure to check myself. Since it doesn't have Collection behind it, people suggest it could mean Master Chief for Smash. Again, that's speculation and I'm trying to brute force it too lol

Shroob

Sup?
Assuming this is accurate, which it may or may not be considering her track record...

Metroid V is pretty much expected, as much as it's joked about Metroid's lack of games leakers have been kicking around that game for a while now and we know it's coming soon. Even the bit of it potentially missing E3 isn't new as Emily Rogers implied it was possible too, though unless they have something big planned I'd hope Nintendo would give it a spot there nonetheless since Metroid needs all the attention it can get.

Master Chief on the other hand is pretty big news depending on what she means. If it's the MCC collection, then it does fall into the same deal as Metroid, but if it's Master Chief in Smash (or both) then that would be huge. He's definitely a character we've talked about a lot, but we didn't have anything major hinting at his inclusion, so this would definitely be fun to see play out.
If it is real, and that's a big ****ing if

I have to wonder if Chief's riding solo, or if there's someone to tag along. I know Halo isn't unhead of in Japan, and Chief alone could carry Smash for E3, but it feels like Chief's popularity is skewed heavily towards the west, which then just makes me think of 2019 and how we got Hero and Banjo.

Again, assuming any of this is real, which is a huge if.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Spoiler alert:

Some person pretending to have information on E3 posted four major titles in a crypted languages. One of these is Master Chief, I made sure to check myself. Since it doesn't have Collection behind it, people suggest it could mean Master Chief for Smash. Again, that's speculation and I'm trying to brute force it too lol
Is there a link? I’d like to see it. Also, if Master Chief is in Smash? Cool for his fans, and I get why he is there. Damn I wanted Sora.

Last edited by a moderator:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
So, assuming that NWPlayer's info is good(Not saying it is, it's very possibly fake)

I don't get her logic of not putting Collection after Master Chief, unless it actually is a Smash drop. The fact that she's posting this stuff online says she's a-ok with people solving it, so by saying "Master Chief" and not putting "Collection" there, she's basically inviting the Smash crowd to go nuts.
"See? I told you it was Master Chief in Smash!"

"See? I told you it was the collection!"

"See? I told you it was a Mii costume!"
Keeping it ambiguous allows for multiple chances to be proven "right" when you likely have little to no real info at all, especially even without the confidence to say that this is all meant to be announced today.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Hard to get to bed when the 3 year journey of Ultimate speculation may finally be over.

Its been a long and wild ride of ups and downs. I remember almost maiming myself when Ridley was revealed, I remember waking up to see Jokers face plastered all over twitter, I remember laughing myself to tears at Sans reveal, I remember the absolute event that was the Byleth reveal, I remember being completely floored by Steves announcement, to even most recently the enjoyment of seeing Xenoblade get what it deserved.

Most of all though, I remember the feeling of watching Banjo and Hero show up at E3. While I don’t have any connection to either character (still haven’t played either series). Watching people from all across the world be floored collectively as their childhood icons got the right to Smash is by far my favorite Smash memory.

I haven’t had a good Christmas since 2010, but I’ve remembered the feeling of pure bliss my entire life. And now, I feel that way again.

It really doesn’t matter to me who gets revealed tomorrow, because the journey has been so fun it doesn’t matter if all my most wanteds get revealed or the Smash team decides to just rerelease Corrin two more times. It’ll be a Smashing E3, either way.

I’ll see you all soon. And all of our endless speculation can finally be settled in Smash.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Hard to get to bed when the 3 year journey of Ultimate speculation may finally be over.

Its been a long and wild ride of ups and downs. I remember alost maiming myself when Ridley was revealed, I remember waking up to see Jokers face plastered all over twitter, I remember laughing myself to tears at Sans reveal, I remember the absolute event that was the Byleth reveal, I remember being completely floored by Steves announcement, to even most recently to the enjoyment of seeing Xenoblade get what it deserved.

Most of all though, I remember the feeling of watching Banjo and Hero show up at E3. While I didn’t have any connection either (still haven’t played either series). Watching people from all across the world be floored collectively as their childhood icons got the right to Smash is by far my favorite Smash memory.

I haven’t had a good Christmas since 2010, but I’ve remembered the feeling of pure bliss my entire life. And now, I feel that way again.

It really doesn’t matter to me who gets revealed tomorrow, because the journey has been so fun it doesn’t matter if all my most wanteds get revealed or the Smash team decides to just rerelease Corrin two more times. It’ll be a Smashing E3, either way.

I’ll see you all soon. And all of our endless speculation can finally be settled in Smash.
Something tells me we won't be that lucky.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
For those who want to decypher the codes, probably don't look for anything too obscure. The other two codes decyphered were pretty straightforward.
With this in mind, the title could be extremely long or extremely short, so have that in mind if you want to throw yourself in this monumental task.
Which could be useless for all we know

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Anyway, since no one's brought it up

But apparently Nintendo(Of Japan at least), does NOT want people live-streaming the Direct with the stream on camera, I think?

People came up with a theory that it's maybe some J-POP song will be played in the coming direct so they're actually giving us a warning so JASRAC won't hunt you down. But why Nintendo can't say that straight up so? Hmm... who knows.

Shroob

Sup?
For those who want to decypher the codes, probably don't look for anything too obscure. The other two codes decyphered were pretty straightforward.
With this in mind, the title could be extremely long or extremely short, so have that in mind if you want to throw yourself in this monumental task.
At this point, with only 7 hours left, why even bother lol. There's nothing to really say if it's even real, and I think at this point, most people want to be surprised.

That, and I have no idea how to even do it lol.
People came up with a theory that it's maybe some J-POP song will be played in the coming direct so they're actually giving us a warning so JASRAC won't hunt you down. But why Nintendo can't say that straight up so? Hmm... who knows.
Why JPop specifically? Couldn't it be any brand of copyright music or something?

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
True, but why music specifically? I know that US copyright laws can be pretty bad about music, but is Japan even worse?
I hear Japan is really tough with music. (Though my knowledge of Japanese law is very small)

It doesn’t have to be music specifically, I guess thats just the most common thing to be struck down for copyright. I can’t think of much else that would prompt a warning, and exclusively from NoJ.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
NWPlayer has said one is really long and specific.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
NWPlayer has said one is really long and specific.
I don't have Twitter, but could someone on there ask for the number of words?
Also scratch the first one, apparently it's false information.
Meaning the SPOILER Master Chief and Metroid V stuff are still real, and only the third code remains.
I'll keep trying for two hours since I'm bored then stop. I'm glad if it's real that My prediction will come true

Staarih

Smash Master
Oh right, Tales does use a lot of pop music. That's how I found Bump of Chicken.

Still, remaining a little bit skeptical.
I think it's just basic copyright stuff, like don't redistribute the content as your own, but you can react to it etc.

not sure why it needed to be mentioned now though.

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
hoping the leak is "fake" or wrong or it means something else. Not against said char or anything but it sucks if it was leaked only a few hours before said reveal

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
If the final two characters are
The Hyrule Champions
and
Master Chief
then I'd be completely satisfied with FP2. Of course this is still all speculation (especially the first character) and the 'leak' for the second is still vague enough to be something else. Either way these next 6 hours are going to be a slog to get through.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm not expecting Master Chief unless he is revealed alongside a character who is excessively popular in Japan, much like E3 2019 where the Hero and Banjo & Kazooie were revealed.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I'm not expecting Master Chief unless he is revealed alongside a character who is excessively popular in Japan, much like E3 2019 where the Hero and Banjo & Kazooie were revealed.
There was a poll a while ago on characters that were heavily requested in Japan.

Rex was fourth and Sephiroth was 8th, but they're already in. Looking at that list, choices that are most likely come down to Sora, Dante, Arle, Bandana Dee and 2B.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
isnt metroid other m metroid V
does that mean theyre gonna rerelease other m for switch lol
i really am having a hard time believing this lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom