• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Third-party characters, of all characters, should never be in for the sake of repping something arbitrary, but because of their own merits. This is also why I have a problem with the whole "Shovel Knight can be used to represent all indies" argument. Shovel Knight cannot be used to represent indies in general unless his moveset is done like Pac-Man and it seems like a cop-out excuse to rationalize the fact that outside the niche context of indies, Shovel Knight isn't anything special. He may be the most iconic indie, but that doesn't mean anything when ever single indie is obscure including him and it's not as if his franchise is at all significant to video game history either.
Good post. The other thing is that, with the advent of the ballot, people are now starting to argue that "Smash is a celebrating of video games as a whole" to justify adding an indie rep to justify adding Shovel Knight. Really?

I think the speculation scene as a whole has a...wait for it...rep-idemic where reps are concerned.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Good post. The other thing is that, with the advent of the ballot, people are now starting to argue that "Smash is a celebrating of video games as a whole" to justify adding an indie rep to justify adding Shovel Knight. Really?

I think the speculation scene as a whole has a...wait for it...rep-idemic where reps are concerned.
http://smashboards.com/threads/rep-rep-repping-the-dk-series-icon-support-thread.377669/

That is all.

And in the case of Shovel Knight, his franchise isn't even remotely important to video game history at all no matter how much people try to use straw-grasping justification to make him more important than he is. People want to vote for Shovel Knight in the ballot? Okay. Justifying him with rep-based drivel? Not cool.

It would be the equivalent of me justifying Isaac to Smash Bros fans because " he could totally be another needed GBA rep!" instead of, you know, focusing on the merit of his phenomenally great uniqueness potential.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
On Mario reps I'd be fine with the addition of Toad/Captain Toad, Paper Mario, and Waluigi (But probably save Wa for Smash 5, no sense in promoting an Assist Trophy within the same game they currently are one). Other then that we're pretty solid with Mario reps already. I felt Rosalina's was a little dodgy, but Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings I think kind of made up for it (It's arguable enough they're a more classic character.)

Junior debuted in 2001 for Sunshine, the Koopalings hark back to Super Mario Bros. 3, and the clown car [Which you could argue is the real character given for the exception of the hammer used when after Up special is used nearly all attacks come from the car] refers to Super Mario World (And the NSMB games too). So it could be seen as representing a conglomerate of the Mario series history from 1988-2001

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

No really, please bring up something else, I made a mistake that time.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, please ignore that, I had made a mistake, it happened, it's over. Please come up with something else as an example, I'll gladly listen.
I don't really follow people for the sake of finding things they've said to hold against them (that example just really stood out to me), so my only response with relation to the word 'logical' is...

It happens to a lot of people, since attaching words like "logical" or "objective" to posts can give them a certain authoritative feel, it just doesn't apply to an analysis that amounts to "I feel that this won't happen."

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Don't tell me you haven't pulled this card for DKC, Bkupa, or some variation thereof. Especially for a certain green crocodilian.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
NintenZ NintenZ
You said in your original post that the list was based on your research...then your explanations as to why certain characters were excluded from the list centred around a 'bad feeling'...then you state that as being logical when it is nothing more than your opinion...

What isn't logical is stating that Arle Naja, of all people, has better chances than K Rool to become a DLC character...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
http://smashboards.com/threads/rep-rep-repping-the-dk-series-icon-support-thread.377669/

That is all.

And in the case of Shovel Knight, his franchise isn't even remotely important to video game history at all no matter how much people try to use straw-grasping justification to make him more important than he is. People want to vote for Shovel Knight in the ballot? Okay. Justifying him with rep-based drivel? Not cool.

It would be the equivalent of me justifying Isaac to Smash Bros fans because " he could totally be another needed GBA rep!" instead of, you know, focusing on the merit of his phenoeminally great uniqueness potential.
...I don't think Xenoblade Chronicles or Fire Emblem are as groundbreaking as, say, other RPGs of its ilk. So, this whole importance to video game history thing? Kind of a wash.

In the end, I think we're all personally trying to justify this **** one way or another, using whatever bull**** reasons we can come to terms with.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
...I don't think Xenoblade Chronicles or Fire Emblem are as groundbreaking as, say, other RPGs of its ilk. So this whole importance to video game history thing is also kind of a wash.

Smooth Criminal
And another thing I forgot to mention- false analogies are also used as people use obscure Nintendo franchises/characters as counterarguments when obscure third-party characters shouldn't be compared to them, but rather the third-party characters we got throughout Smash, who are all from major franchises and are all iconic to a wider gaming audience. Using Xenoblade and FE doesn't work because they are obscure Nintendo franchises in a primarily Nintendo-oriented crossover that has never been shy of using obscure Nintendo franchises (Mother and Ice Climber are examples of this).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
That's a fair point to raise, considering this is primarily a Nintendo-oriented crossover. I'll concede that.

(Could argue Mr. Clearly Not-Nintendo, Pac-Man, and his origins, but I guess it's ok because he appeared on Nintendo consoles and stuff. Same with Ryu. History is history, however, so there's that.)

I'll stand by the latter half of my sentiment, though.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
NintenZ NintenZ
You said in your original post that the list was based on your research...then your explanations as to why certain characters were excluded from the list centred around a 'bad feeling'...then you state that as being logical when it is nothing more than your opinion...

What isn't logical is stating that Arle Naja, of all people, has better chances than K Rool to become a DLC character...
I think your missing something, it's not a popularity poll, it's a box for suggestions with popularity factored in. That is why.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Don't tell me you haven't pulled this card for DKC, Bkupa, or some variation thereof. Especially for a certain green crocodilian.

Smooth Criminal
How did I know this was gonna come up? Like I seriously considered addressing the crocodile in the room in my initial post, even.

Most of the K. Rool fans in his thread at least like the character for who he is, not because of his series. We had the question posed to us the other day of "What if Dixie got in and had a giant bundle of DKC fanservice in her moveset?" and most people said they'd like it because they do wish more DK stuff was in the game, but nothing short of K. Rool would be satisfactory. That's not them saying "We need a DK rep, any old one will do and K. Rool is the best option," that's banding together to support a cool character.

Most of the time, you seem to see detractors whining that "K. Rool is only winning because Internet whiners can't get over there not being a new DK rep," whereas with Shovel Knight, so many of his fans prop him up as "a much-needed indie rep" because let's be honest, that's something you have to endorse if you want him in the game. There are always exceptions that I'm sure people will think up, but that's what I've seen in my time here for the most part.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Let me explain why I rejected certain characters.
I rejected K. Rool, Inkling, Paper Mario and Cloud for logical reasons, K. Rool was rejected because I honestly have a bad feeling about the costume, Inklings because their game is a bit new for Smash, Paper Mario because of how many Mario reps there are, and Cloud because he's not very relevant to Nintendo consoles, only appearing in cameos and spin-offs. That's all.
King K. Rool: There is no definite proof that this costume is a direct result of the ballot, and it honestly seems much more likely than it's some sort of pre-planned DLC based on pre-release popularity, considering the costumes it's paired with(Chrom and Lloyd, pretty popular pre-release, their popularity took a dive since then), the way it's advertized("Check out the retro costumes of King K. Rool and Flying Man!", "Dress up as the King of Kremlings!") without mentioning his ballot popularity at all, an the fact that Sakurai didn't say a word about him for two months despite the fact it caused an huge uproar in the community; if it meant anything for the chances of DK's mortal enemy, he would've said it straight up, looking at the precedents with Chrom and Ridley. And let's face it, this character is so popular they could put a machine that prints four 1$ bills every time he's purchased from the eShop and it would fill a room in the span of a day and half, they would be idiots if they retroactively excluded him because they already made a costume based on him.

Inklings: Uh yeah let's tell that to Greninja and to the Kalos Pokémon League, Yoshi's Wooly World and Super Mario Maker stages. Not to mention Roy back then, which debuted in Melee before even debuting in Fire Emblem.

Paper Mario: Unlike the average fan, Sakurai rarely accounts "repping" in his game design choices, rather giving priority to unique designs and fanservice in his thought process. So, if he thinks that Paper Mario is requested enough and has enough potential to be an unique fighter, he'll go for it if he hasn't found any better alternative.

Cloud: If Cloud isn't Nintendo enough, then explain Snake, or hell even Pac-Man.

I honestly belive that both Paper Mario and Cloud are a long shot, but because of the lack of raw requests for both, as well as being held in the grip of Square Enix in the case of Cloud, rather than the arbitrary reasons you mentioned which are alien from Sakurai's thought process.

On the whole Shovel Knight deal, I think that the most hilarious part is how often people forget about Sakurai's own words when he revealed MegaMan: "he's a very special guest; I can't just let anyone in". So basically the requirement of being a legend of videogames to get in Smash as a third party guest isn't a fan rule, is a requirement officially confirmed by Sakurai.
People conveniently ignoring Sakurai's own words also apply to statements like this
I think your missing something, it's not a popularity poll, it's a box for suggestions with popularity factored in. That is why.
If it is a suggestion box and he's going to put in whatever pleases him, then why on Earth does he declare than "It's going to be fanservice from now"? Unless he's considering fanservice any kind of content he's going to put in.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Inklings: Uh yeah let's tell that to Greninja and to the Kalos Pokémon League, Yoshi's Wooly World and Super Mario Maker stages. Not to mention Roy back then, which debuted in Melee before even debuting in Fire Emblem.
Eh I'd argue that Greninja, Roy and the stages are at least from established franchises (though FE wasn't an established franchise in Smash to be fair) whilst Splatoon is a new ip which so happened to be a hit.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
King K. Rool: There is no definite proof that this costume is a direct result of the ballot, and it honestly seems much more likely than it's some sort of pre-planned DLC based on pre-release popularity, considering the costumes it's paired with(Chrom and Lloyd, pretty popular pre-release, their popularity took a dive since then), the way it's advertized("Check out the retro costumes of King K. Rool and Flying Man!", "Dress up as the King of Kremlings!") without mentioning his ballot popularity at all, an the fact that Sakurai didn't say a word about him for two months despite the fact it caused an huge uproar in the community; if it meant anything for the chances of DK's mortal enemy, he would've said it straight up, looking at the precedents with Chrom and Ridley. And let's face it, this character is so popular they could put a machine that prints four 1$ bills every time he's purchased from the eShop and it would fill a room in the span of a day and half, they would be idiots if they retroactively excluded him because they already made a costume based on him.

Paper Mario: Unlike the average fan, Sakurai rarely accounts "repping" in his game design choices, rather giving priority to unique designs and fanservice in his thought process. So, if he thinks that Paper Mario is requested enough and has enough potential to be an unique fighter, he'll go for it if he hasn't found any better alternative.

Cloud: If Cloud isn't Nintendo enough, then explain Snake, or hell even Pac-Man.

I honestly belive that both Paper Mario and Cloud are a long shot, but because of the lack of raw requests for both, as well as being held in the grip of Square Enix in the case of Cloud, rather than the arbitrary reasons you mentioned which are alien from Sakurai's thought process.

On the whole Shovel Knight deal, I think that the most hilarious part is how often people forget about Sakurai's own words when he revealed MegaMan: "he's a very special guest; I can't just let anyone in". So basically the requirement of being a legend of videogames to get in Smash as a third party guest isn't a fan rule, is a requirement officially confirmed by Sakurai.
People conveniently ignoring Sakurai's own words also apply to statements like this

If it is a suggestion box and he's going to put in whatever pleases him, then why on Earth does he declare than "It's going to be fanservice from now"? Unless he's considering fanservice any kind of content he's going to put in.
The Inklings aren't from an established franchise, K. Rool was never as popular as he is now, and the descriptions mean nothing, Mario has a lot of representation, I think that other franchises deserve a chance, and Snake has had main series games on his consoles, and Pac-Man is one of Nintendo's most loyal 3rd party properties, so that doesn't work as an excuse for Cloud, on top of that there's a whole rumor about Shovel Knight being in the game, and an Amiibo, and also, you may want to rewatch the original announcement of the ballot and hear what Iwata-san says.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
that's banding together to support a cool character.
I fail to see the difference, save that you're narrowing it down to one character rather than a wider assortment. I'm guilty of thinking about K. Rool in this way too. I'd rather him get in than anyone else from DKC because (imo) he's wayyyyyyyyy cooler and more recognizable than most of the Kongs not named Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, or Cranky.

(But if we don't get him, well, c'est la vie, that's that. Another character for me to derp around with from a franchise I like! Assuming we even get another DKC rep, which I hope we do.)

Look. Not saying you're in the wrong or anything for thinking this way, or hell, thinking any way (if I want to widen the umbrella a bit) about who and what should get in the game. I just don't think it's entirely fair deriding the people for thinking broadly about representation of a franchise (or genre) as a whole. No it's not necessary, of course, but it's not entirely wrong, either.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
On the topic of a DK rep, how many of us would agree it's nearly a certainty that we are getting either K. Rool or Dixie but don't find their individual chances to be near guaranteed?

Like for example, K. Rool's got that Mii costume, which, honestly, regardless of what anyone of us says, none of us actually know what it means, we can only assume it's a compensation prize, a tease at a future character or whatever else it could be.

Meanwhile, Dixie is still pretty popular in her own right and was probably considered for development in Brawl, but is still less popular than K.Rool.

The community's made quite the outcry for a Donkey Kong Country rep in particular, so I don't think Sakurai's dev team would simply ignore that, and would eventually add one of them at least but I don't think they'd make two dlc characters for anyone franchise.
Any agreements or disagreements?

On the topic of a DK rep, how many of us would agree it's nearly a certainty that we are getting either K. Rool or Dixie but don't find their individual chances to be near guaranteed?

Like for example, K. Rool's got that Mii costume, which, honestly, regardless of what anyone of us says, none of us actually know what it means, we can only assume it's a compensation prize, a tease at a future character or whatever else it could be.

Meanwhile, Dixie is still pretty popular in her own right and was probably considered for development in Brawl, but is still less popular than K.Rool.

The community's made quite the outcry for a Donkey Kong Country rep in particular, so I don't think Sakurai's dev team would simply ignore that, and would eventually add one of them at least but I don't think they'd make two dlc characters for anyone franchise.
My thoughts pretty much exactly

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

The Problem they're is

She lost her ground on votes for wanted in japan

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Now I know how @Tama felt when he was criticized about the Shovel Knight rumor. Seriously internet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All of this sudden animosity against indie characters and such...

I thought this was SmashBoards.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
uhhh where have you been. Indies have pretty much been a point of contention since the beginning of the ballot. Shovel Knight has especially been hated and Shantae hated more and more, especially after Wayforward's tweets.
It's very inconsistent, some like them, some detest them.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Eh I'd argue that Greninja, Roy and the stages are at least from established franchises (though FE wasn't an established franchise in Smash to be fair) whilst Splatoon is a new ip which so happened to be a hit.
Fair enough, I don't agree that Inklings shouldn't absolutely be added because they're "too new", but I can agree that it could be wiser to wait and see if they'll stand the test of time.
The Inklings aren't from an established franchise, K. Rool was never as popular as he is now, and the descriptions mean nothing, Mario has a lot of representation, I think that other franchises deserve a chance, and Snake has had main series games on his consoles, and Pac-Man is one of Nintendo's most loyal 3rd party properties, so that doesn't work as an excuse for Cloud, on top of that there's a whole rumor about Shovel Knight being in the game, and an Amiibo, and also, you may want to rewatch the original announcement of the ballot and hear what Iwata-san says.
Explained my stance on Inklings above. K. Rool was actually always very popular, since the Brawl days; it just was that he had to divide the stage with a lot more characters, most of which got deconfirmed(Ridley, Chrom, Waluigi, Ghiraim...) or got in the game(Mega Man, Mewtwo, Roy, Bowser Jr., Palutena...) and who's left struggles to stand out against him. What I'm trying it that you get a lot more exposure when your competitors are Bandana Dee, Isaac and Paper Mario rather that when they were Ridley, Mewtwo and Mega Man. And yeah description matters because it's how a product is presented to the public, and this costume got presented as a mere cosmetic element with a retro flavour and no strong implications behind it.
As I said before, Sakurai doesn't take representstion into account so that point is moot for Paper Mario.
I wouldn't call Pac-Man exactly loyal since every single release he got was multiplatform(though admittely the majority of them got on Nintendo consoles), and Snake literally got only the first Metal Gear on NES and some remakes on GBC and 3DS; every other main title always came out on Playstation. Considering tha Snake was the first third-party character joining Smash, you can be almost sure that being loyal to Nintendo isn't a criteria that Sakurai follows.
I don't find the rumor to be credible tbh, considering its source is quite notorious for being an attention *****, and the Amiibo could actually be considered a point against him; if there was a Smash Amiibo in the works, then why bother making a separate Amiibo for the "Shovel Knight" collection?
I went back and watched the ballot direct again. Iwata-San(may he rest in peace) said "Please understand that we will not be able to satisfy every request, however Sakurai and his team will personally look at every request". Have you ever thought that the reason why they can't satisfy every request is that they need to focus on popular characters(for DLC at least), otherwise they would take an unnecessarily big risk that could potentially lead to a severe financial loss?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Third-party characters, of all characters, should never be in for the sake of repping something arbitrary, but because of their own merits. This is also why I have a problem with the whole "Shovel Knight can be used to represent all indies" argument. Shovel Knight cannot be used to represent indies in general unless his moveset is done like Pac-Man and it seems like a cop-out excuse to rationalize the fact that outside the niche context of indies, Shovel Knight isn't anything special. He may be the most iconic indie, but that doesn't mean anything when ever single indie is obscure including him and it's not as if his franchise is at all significant to video game history either.
Shovel Knight is not the most iconic indie, especially with Shantae around.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
'Reps' has never been the 'end all to be all' for character inclusion.

There's a whole lot more stuff that goes into it, and because we can't really tell what Sakurai's always thinking, even from what he says, it nearly renders our speculation useless.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Fair enough, I don't agree that Inklings shouldn't absolutely be added because they're "too new", but I can agree that it could be wiser to wait and see if they'll stand the test of time.
I'm more or less saying the comparison doesn't work very well.
They probably will stand the test of time seeing as Nintendo's pushed Splatoon massively and the game gets updates constantly. It's guaranteed a sequel given how well it's done and a spot in smash 5 seems likely at the moment but that's years away.

At the same time they warrant being a DLC character given the massive success. Best to milk the Splatoon hype cow whilst it's still hot.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That is not how that saying nor how cows work. I worry for your ability as a farmer and a writer. :p

I do agree with the actual beef of the argument though.
I'd be a Turain writer. Not a human writer.;)
And there's me thinking Garrus would be great in Smash. Damn you EA.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Indies have always be rather divisive. Detractors are quick to bring up the relative newness of their relation to Nintendo, while supporters love to point out their quick rise to popularity. You can't even talk about whether they're deserving or not without offending someone.

Best to milk the Splatoon hype cow whilst it's still hot.
That's one heck of a metaphor. :laugh:

:231:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Indies have always be rather divisive. Detractors are quick to bring up the relative newness of their relation to Nintendo, while supporters love to point out their quick rise to popularity. You can't even talk about whether they're deserving or not without offending someone.
Don't forget the argument concerning their lack of iconic status! That's the one I use all the time instead of newness.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
My Thoughts on indies is that, for a lot of reasons, would never get into Smash under normal circumstances. I feel like this ballot is a way to open it up to a variety of Characters like them.

What characters do people want? The ballot opens it up to other video game characters for the chance there's that one 3rd party that has the support needed. If it happens that an indie character is one of them, then it wouldn't surprise me if one were to get in through this ballot.

The problem is is that there's more popular choices than indies, so that bodes as a problem for many. Oh well, we'll see how this plays out.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't mind indies at all (a Hell, Quote in Smash would be incredible) but acting like they need to be in the game for the sake of having an 'indie rep' is stupid.

I can understand companies who has major and massive ties with Nintendo and being a rep for the company as a whole in small cases but for indies which is more of a category than anything else is really stupid.

Smash doesn't need indie characters but they are welcomed. Smash Bros is a massive franchise that got this way even without characters like :snake:&:sonic:. It just made it more expansive as ever but it never really needed the guest fighters.

I hate this idea that a Smash 'needs' so and so. The idea only works for veterans and play styles and characteristics, not because they have to represent something. The only thing they represent is the games they came from

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Explained my stance on Inklings above. K. Rool was actually always very popular, since the Brawl days; it just was that he had to divide the stage with a lot more characters, most of which got deconfirmed(Ridley, Chrom, Waluigi, Ghiraim...) or got in the game(Mega Man, Mewtwo, Roy, Bowser Jr., Palutena...) and who's left struggles to stand out against him. What I'm trying it that you get a lot more exposure when your competitors are Bandana Dee, Isaac and Paper Mario rather that when they were Ridley, Mewtwo and Mega Man. And yeah description matters because it's how a product is presented to the public, and this costume got presented as a mere cosmetic element with a retro flavour and no strong implications behind it.
As I said before, Sakurai doesn't take representstion into account so that point is moot for Paper Mario.
I wouldn't call Pac-Man exactly loyal since every single release he got was multiplatform(though admittely the majority of them got on Nintendo consoles), and Snake literally got only the first Metal Gear on NES and some remakes on GBC and 3DS; every other main title always came out on Playstation. Considering tha Snake was the first third-party character joining Smash, you can be almost sure that being loyal to Nintendo isn't a criteria that Sakurai follows.
I don't find the rumor to be credible tbh, considering its source is quite notorious for being an attention *****, and the Amiibo could actually be considered a point against him; if there was a Smash Amiibo in the works, then why bother making a separate Amiibo for the "Shovel Knight" collection?
I went back and watched the ballot direct again. Iwata-San(may he rest in peace) said "Please understand that we will not be able to satisfy every request, however Sakurai and his team will personally look at every request". Have you ever thought that the reason why they can't satisfy every request is that they need to focus on popular characters(for DLC at least), otherwise they would take an unnecessarily big risk that could potentially lead to a severe financial loss?
Well actually as I said before, that is the case, they're taking suggestions that could work but also factor inn popularity, and the characters I showed you before were pretty popular, (Puyo Puyo has actually managed to surpass the Sonic series in terms of sales globaly, and it hasn't even been released outside of Japan) Shovel Knight was pretty popular at the beginning of the ballot, so it does make sense for him to be in, heck, I originally thought that he wouldn't sell, but I was pretty suprised by how many people actually wanted him. So yes, it's not direct popularity but it's certainly a factor, and Shovel Knights Amiibo is actually being developed by YCG themselves, so that may be why there would be two. Well there you go.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So someone datamined mario maker and found data for the angry sun and the kuribo boot on the SMW and NSMB styles. Obviously with the mario maker dlc for smash dropping on the 30th, this means one thing.

Angry sun riding a kuribo boot for smash.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Well I still feel like things would be a whole lot simpler if it were Nintendo characters only.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well actually as I said before, that is the case, they're taking suggestions that could work but also factor inn popularity, and the characters I showed you before were pretty popular, (Puyo Puyo has actually managed to surpass the Sonic series in terms of sales globaly, and it hasn't even been released outside of Japan)
I want to know where this was pulled from because I think we'd know of a franchise that's sold beyond 150 million (Sonic's current total series numbers). Or are you talking general sales per game?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom