• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Midna, Skull Kid, and Vaati fall under 'important to one game, but not to the series' which is why two of the three you listed are ATs.
So a single game can't be important to a series is what you're saying.
I'm glad Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Fire Emblem Awakening, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Kid Icarus Uprising, and the like don't exist then.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Alright everyone, PLEASE bear with me as this is probably the first time EVER (I can't exactly remember if it really is) that I've made an ENTIRE moveset all by myself. So here goes, my moveset for one of my most wanted characters for Smash: Lark from Pilot Wings 64! (BTW, I also envision that Kiwi (also from PW 64) will be an alt. skin of Lark, so she will fight identically to Lark. All differences between the two kids are cosmetic.)

Playstyle and Moveset:
Ground Speed - 5/10: Lark has decent speed on the ground.
Air Speed - 9/10: I'm intending for Lark to have an AMAZING air game, if not the best air game in the Smash series as a whole to reference his being a pilot (or pilot-in-training?) and all.
Size 5(?)-6(?)/10: I've envisioned him to be, say, :4littlemac:'s height? Maybe a bit taller.
Weight 4/10: Lark is a light-ish character that can be launched fairly easily. Not to Glass Cannon proportions obviously, but still somewhat light due to his size and all. Again, the slight lightness referencing his whole pilot persona. Overall, about as light as :4luigi:.
Fall Speed 4/10: Again, referencing his whole pilot persona from the Pilot Wings games, Lark falls at an unusually slow rate.
Jump Height 10/10: Lark's jump height is definitely above average. Because he can fly with the help of his Birdman suit! (For 3 jumps.)
Traction 3/10: Lark has somewhat decent traction, but he does slide just a tad bit when turning.

Lark's playstyle and moveset involves him using various pilot gear to fight as well as utilizng his Birdman suit from Pilot Wings 64, resulting in him using some moves similar to Falco, but different in function. I wanted to make Lark somewhat average on the ground, decent speed, power, and endurance. But in the air, that's where Lark would TRULY shine. Speedy, Durable, and his air game overall would equip him with some of the most deadly combos.

Normal Attacks:
Jab Combo: Lark begins with one large poke from the right wing of his Birdman suit. A swipe from the left wing, and a forced slam from both wings, Very similar to :4palutena:'s side smash. Only difference is that the wind box is not as large, and the knockback is nowhere near as great. This move can be infinitely held, with Lark rapidly "poking" his opponents with the tip of the wings, ending the wing slam.
Side Tilt: A VERY large swipe with the left wing of his Birdman suit. Similar to :4zelda:'s side tilt, but a windbox is produced, destroying weak projectiles, and not as much knockback.
Up Tilt: Performs an upwards triple kick with the Jumble Hopper spring shoes in the style of :4pit: and :4sonic:'s UTilts. The final kick does a lot more knockback, but just enough so that Lark can follow up with a multitude of aerial attacks
Down Tilt: Lark sweeps the floor with the right wing. No knockback or wind box, but can be used rapidly and repeatedly to trip opponents
Dash Attack: Lark rushes in with a big headbutt to his opponents, courtesy of his helmet. Does amazing knockback, and can KO at very high percentages.
Smash Attacks:
Side: Lark performs a grounded dive, sliding into any opponents in his path. Similar to his dash attack, but doesn't travel as far, and does more knockback. Can KO earlier than his dash attack as well.
Up: With the help of his Jumble Hopper spring boots, Lark hops upwards with SO much force, that his helmet sends opponents flying straight upwards, allowing him to follow up with many aerial attacks. KO at...I don't know. 100%? 110%? 120%?
Down: Lark rapidly spins along the ground, similar to :4peach:, but attacking with his right foot and left wing. Does a lot of damage, but the knockback will leave a bit to be desired. The most damaging of all his Smash Attacks, but has the least knockback.

Grabs:
Lark will grab with one hand.
Pummel: Lark head-bangs the opponent with his helmet.
Forward: Lark performs a Judo Throw, sending opponents flying headfirst. Has a VERY small windbox for nearby opponents.
Backward: Lark tosses the opponent over his head and behind him, backhand-punching the opponent away.
Up: Lark tosses the opponent upwards, using his helmet to send them further upward.
Down: Lark tosses his opponent downwards, jumping high into the air, and then landing, performing a big body slam onto them. Supposed to reference the Skydiving mini game from Pilot Wings 64.
Aerials:
This is where I thought Lark would TRULY shine in terms of attacks and combos BTW, with the exception of his DAir, all of his aerial attacks are multi-hitting.

NAir: Lark performs a seriously rapid spin in the air, similar to :4falco:, but more damaging, and the knockback is almost non-existent, meaning he could folow up with some more aerials
FAir: Lark spreads the wings of his Birdman suit extending them forward, rapidly jabbing at his opponents.
BAir: Basically performs a "winged" version of Fox's FAir, but instead the wings are directly behind him, rather than directing them diagonally like Fox's feet when he performs his FAir.
UAir: Lark rapidly flaps the wings of his Birdman suit above him, doing multiple hits. Has a windbox that goes a distance. Think of :4gaw:'s UAir in Smash 4, but the windbox isn't as strong (Don't know if :4gaw:'s UAir in Brawl had the same effect.)
DAir: Lark sends himself downwards, head-first. Can meteor smash at any frame, but only if the opponent is hit by his "actual" head. The opponent will NOT be meteor smashed if they are hit by the side of Lark's head or any other part of his body. (Think of the :4miibrawl:'s Headache Maker DSpecial.)

Specials:

B: Boost Ring - Although not necessarily used in this manner in the games, this move utilizes the floating rings/orbs that are a staple of the Pilot Wings games. When used, Lark places a floating ring in front of him which can be passed to give him an instant momentum boost to dash into opponents, sending them flying from the collision. However, opponents can also go through this ring as well, which can be used to their advantage as well, rushing into other opponents (including Lark!), and doing damage to them as well. As a matter of fact, if the opponent uses the ring to crash into Lark, he actually takes more knockback, similar to if :4duckhunt:'s Trick Shot is sent flying back at them. BTW, depending on the character's weight, the move could cause less knockback or more. For example: if :4kirby: goes through a ring, his knockback is very small, so you don't need to worry about lightweights. If :4mario: or any middleweights walk through, the knockback is...decent, to say the least. But, if any heavyweights, such as :4bowser: were to go through, watch out! Get out of the way as soon as possible or you'll be sent flying into next week! Don't worry though, because if you happen to place the ring just right, it could be used as a trap to rush an opponent offstage, sending them so far away, so fast, it won't be too likely that they'll be able to make it back to the stage.

Side+B: Penguin Dive - Lark tosses a Penguin in the direction he is facing which opponents can send sliding back at him, if he's not careful. When sliding into opponents, the Penguin will do decent knockback and damage if it hits. If the Penguin does NOT hit, opponents may trip over the VERY small trail of ice it leaves behind. The Penguin can be struck away like the Waddle Dees. Upon landing on the ground, the penguins will just waddle around and do nothing, before disappearing. Sometimes they might steal an item and bring it back to Lark.

Up+B: Rocket Belt - This move works as a recovery (similar to :4rob:'s U-Special), but the thrusters burn opponents behind or below you. Unlike the item, this Rocket Belt cannot be used "infinitely" like the item, and instead bursts upwards with blazing speed and does great knockback at the start of takeoff. Similar to :4palutena:'s Rocket Jump, but travels MUCH higher vertically. Sadly, this move has little to no horizontal recovery.

Down+B: Parachute - This move would work like :gawmelee:'s N-Air in Melee, and would also grant you super slow falling speed like :4peach:'s U-Special. However, the move itself does NOT give Lark extra altitude, but it is great for covering long horizontal distances while falling. (Only damages the second it opens. Afterwards, if you're not careful, Lark can be gimped from recovering if the opponent were to hit him. If they end up hitting the parachute, the opponent takes damage)

Final Smash:

Cannon: The cannon from PW 64 is used by Lark in a manner almost identical to that of the Dragoon item in Brawl and Smash 4. A colossal cannon comes out of nowhere, dropping from the sky. Excitedly, Lark hops inside preparing to fire himself at his opponents from the foreground. Be very careful though, as Lark has quite a small window of time to fire himself at his opponents. He has a span of 15 seconds. If he does not fire himself in that window of time, the FS will abruptly cancel itself, and Lark will return to the stage as if nothing had just happened. If he does fire himself however, Lark will deal MASSIVE damage and knockback to whoever he manages to hit, to the point where it is almost always going to be a OHKO. BTW, it should be noted that the FS one-use only, so Lark must time the attack right, and position himself carefully.
Taunts:
Side: Lark makes a funny face in whatever direction he's facing.
Up: Lark takes off his helmet, blows on it, uses his elbow to wipe it clean, and straps it back on his head. BTW, during the time Lark's helmet is taken off, his messy, unkempt, semi-spiky hair can be seen. Obviously, this will be the only giveaway that Lark and Nester, the mascot of Nintendo Power, ARE in fact, the exact same person.
Down: Lark attempts to rapidly flap the wings of his Birdman suit, actually lifting himself off of the ground for about 3-5 seconds, he then gets tired and falls back down onto the ground, landing on his butt. All with a cheerful little smile.

Entrance:
Lark flies in via his Gyrocopter, and uses a parachute to float safely down to the ground. However, the parachute ends up covering his body, and he quickly struggles to get out from under it and eventually gets out.

Victory Poses:
1. Lark jumps up high into the air happily shouting "Yahoo!!!" Kiwi will yell "I won!"
2. The little penguin from Lark's side special attempts to waddle over to Lark, but instead Lark walks over to it, picks it up and gives it a big hug over their victory.
3. Lark basically performs his entrance animation from the start of a match, but this time, he can't get out from under the parachute.

I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could help me with palette swaps. I'm planning on having it that Kiwi (also from Pilot Wings 64) would be an alt. skin of Lark. I envision the costumes to be like this:

Lark:
Normal outfit (Red, white, yellow, orange) (Blue jeans) (Red sneakers) (Red and white helmet)
Goose (A character also from Pilot Wings 64) (United States-themed (Red, white, and blue) version of Lark's pilot outfit) (Red jeans) (Blue sneakers) (United States-themed helmet)
Hawk (Pilot Wings 64 character) (Red, Navy blue, and black version of Lark's pilot outfit) (Black jeans) (Black sneakers) (Yellow and green helmet)
Civilian outfit (Red baseball cap turned backwards, Black t-shirt with the #28 written on it) (Blue jeans) (Red sneakers)

Kiwi:
Normal outfit (Pink, cyan, purple, and orange pilot suit) (Pink shorts) (Orange shoes) (Pink helmet)
Ibis (PW 64 character) (Green, orange, and black version of Kiwi's pilot outfit) (Green shorts) (Yellow shoes) (Black helmet)
Hooter (PW 64 character) (Blue, white, and yellow version of Kiwi's pilot outfit) (Blue shorts) (Black shoes) (Blue and cyan helmet)
Civilian outfit (Yellow dress) (Cute little brown dress shoes)

And to give you all an idea on what the two kids look like, here's an AMAZING palette swap art job done by my good friend, @SuperSegaSonicSS!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So a single game can't be important to a series is what you're saying.
I'm glad Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Fire Emblem Awakening, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Kid Icarus Uprising, and the like don't exist then.
I never said that.

Twilight Princess' Midna is a fan favorite. She's not important to Zelda as an entire series, nor is it recent.

OoT was the first 3D Zelda.

FE:A was the 'all or nothing' game of the series that revitalized interest in Fire Emblem.

SMG was the extremely popular Wii's entry into the already Mario series, which changed the way players used 3D spaces.

Metroid Prime is the re-imagining of the well known isolated atmospheres of Metroid.

KI:U is the third game in a series on a two-decade long hiatus.

Twilight Princess is an entry into the Legend of Zelda series that gets plenty of representation, but it's not anything special compared to the games you listed.

In a few years, Zelda U will release, and everyone will have a one-game only character much like Midna to haggle over for SSB5.
Just like Skull Kid, Vaati, Ghirahim, Groose, and every other Zelda character.
So don't get so upset when people tell you Midna has no chance. Because she's currently no different than anyone I've listed in terms of long-term importance.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I never said that.

Twilight Princess' Midna is a fan favorite. She's not important to Zelda as an entire series, nor is it recent.

FE:A was the 'all or nothing' game of the series that revitalized interest in Fire Emblem.

SMG was the extremely popular Wii's entry into the already Mario series, which changed the way players used 3D spaces.

Metroid Prime is the re-imagining of the well known isolated atmospheres of Metroid.

Twilight Princess is an entry into the Legend of Zelda series that gets plenty of representation, but it's not anything special compared to the games you listed.

In a few years, Zelda U will release, and everyone will have a one-game only character much like Midna to haggle over for SSB5.
So don't get so upset when people tell you Midna has no chance. Because she's currently no different than anyone I've listed in terms of long-term importance.
Twilight Princess is important. So is Majora's Mask.
I feel like you of all people would know that.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Twilight Princess is important. So is Majora's Mask.
I feel like you of all people would know that.
I'm not saying it's not important, I'm saying they don't have anything that justifies a character inclusion. if Midna or Skull Kid became reoccurring characters, they'd be prime candidates for SSB5.

Sheik got a free pass on this, because of Melee's Zelda/Sheik gimmick.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm not saying it's not important, I'm saying they don't have anything that justifies a character inclusion. if Midna or Skull Kid became reoccurring characters, they'd be prime candidates for SSB5.
And I'm saying that's kinda massively selling characters shorty for arbitrary reasoning.
Also, Skull Kid is a recurring character.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I never said that.

Best selling game of the franchise is 'not anything special'...k

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
And I'm saying that's kinda massively selling characters shorty for arbitrary reasoning.
Also, Skull Kid is a recurring character.
Not Majora's Mask + Skull Kid.

Best selling game of the franchise is 'not anything special'...k
Ocarina of Time sold more.

What's the two best represented Zelda games in Smash? Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Zelda is well represented overall.

This time the series got three new stages (Skyloft, Gerudo Valley and Spirit Train) and one stage from each previous Smash game (Hyrule Castle 64, Temple and Bridge of Eldin).

Has the highest amount of Assist Trophies, tied with the Mario series with 4. All of them are recognizable characters from the franchise: Tingle, Skull Kid, Midna and Ghirahim.

In addition to the three returning items, it got 5 new items: Bombchu, Fairy Bottle, Cucco, Gust Bellows and Beetle. The first 3 are recurring and iconic, with the latter two being from a recent game (Skyward Sword). All of the items are also very faithful to the original games.

It also has plenty of enemies in Smash Run, all of them with very faithful recreations of their behavior in the original games and are overall recurring and well-known enemies from the franchise.

The only complaint that can be done about Zelda representation is Ganondorf's moveset and that's because of his inclusion in Melee due to specific circumstances, but even so, the whole being powerful and having dark magic effects is something that was definitely made with Ganondorf's character in mind. And hey, he transforms into Ganon for the Final Smash.

The only thing that would be perfect for me would be the return of Pirate Ship, but then again, I'm very biased for Wind Waker since it was the first Zelda game I played.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I bought the original Kid Icarus yesterday, I feel like Pit's Side B could have been different but outside the dual blade/bow weapon, it's actually pretty faithful so far
Pit's Side B is from Kid Icarus: Uprising. Unless you're talking about Brawl.

And yeah, the standard B move works like the original NES game, in which you can aim forward or upwards. Makes sense since Smash plays like a 2D game.

Of course, the thing about splitting the bow in dual blades is made for Smash, which made its way into the series in Uprising thanks to Sakurai directing both games.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Pit's Side B is from Kid Icarus: Uprising. Unless you're talking about Brawl.

And yeah, the standard B move works like the original NES game. Makes sense since Smash plays like a 2D game.

Of course, the thing about splitting the bow in dual blades is made for Smash, which made its way into the series in Uprising thanks to Sakurai directing both games.
Considering I was talking about the original, yeah, it was Brawl. That Final Smash was actually in KI1. You could free Centurions in the boss dungeon and they'd sometimes help after they do their makeup

Considering I was talking about the original, yeah, it was Brawl. That Final Smash was actually in KI1. You could free Centurions in the boss dungeon and they'd sometimes help after they do their makeup
Adding to this Pit was a unique Hammer animation that looks just like using the mallets. A really neat touch.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah. The Final Smash in Brawl is derived from that.

In Smash 3DS/Wii U, it's the Three Sacred Treasures as they appear in Uprising, though they're originally from the NES game.

I've played the NES game, after all...

Adding to this Pit was a unique Hammer animation that looks just like using the mallets. A really neat touch.
It's kind of funny that Dark Pit also has that animation.

Of course, he is a clone character that shares all of the attack animations with Pit except for the Final Smash.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
I am back. I see there is a major lack of Popopo.

Popopo for Smash.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Burruni

Smash Hero
Here's a Strawpoll of the 10 most seemingly requested characters. Go here and cast your votes for who you want to see as DLC
http://strawpoll.me/5369874
Yo.
I'm sorry for pulling something for monday up.
But I'm REALLY REALLY upset on how CONSISTENTLY you have these polls and then ignore Bandana Dee. I hold him being, by whatever margin, more requested as a whole than argubly Paper Mario or Dixie for first party but surely over Sora who is on that.
Sorry, just needed to vent.
Going back to catching up, prepare for me to be active again.
Edit: I mean... I see things that bring up the likes of Tingle and Reckless Wiimote Safety Man, and omitt one of the more likely DeeLC candidates going off of what we know on overall popularity and intrinstic values of the characters.

Double edit

You know how the Archie comics state that the eggman in every comic after #50 is not the original? The games actually prove this too, as the only time you see the modern eggman running is in SA2 if you hack it, and then it's only a half-finished thing with sonic's speed data. Robotnik is shown running multiple times throuought the genesis games, yet eggman mkII has never been shown to run. Unless I'm forgetting something.
Sonic Adventure 2, chao garden.
Sonic & Mario at the Olympics.

Last edited:
Yo.
I'm sorry for pulling something for monday up.
But I'm REALLY REALLY upset on how CONSISTENTLY you have these polls and then ignore Bandana Dee. I hold him being, by whatever margin, more requested as a whole than argubly Paper Mario or Dixie for first party but surely over Sora who is on that.
Sorry, just needed to vent.
Going back to catching up, prepare for me to be active again.
Edit: I mean... I see things that bring up the likes of Tingle and Reckless Wiimote Safety Man, and omitt one of the more likely DeeLC candidates going off of what we know on overall popularity and intrinstic values of the characters.

Double edit

Sonic Adventure 2, chao garden.
Sonic & Mario at the Olympics.
I didn't even look at that poll (someone's first day) but why the **** is Sora on there? lol. I like Sora. He is my favorite character on that list. But that is just silly :rotfl:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ocarina of Time sold more.

What's the two best represented Zelda games in Smash? Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.
I'd like to remind you that the crux of your argument is that people make up merits for characters because they like them. Basically, they're biased towards things they like.
Which is obviously true.

But saying that The Legend of Zelda has "no good characters left" is, in and of itself, biased.
I can give you an exhaustive list of reasons why Skull Kid, Midna (especially these two), Ganon, and even Impa and Tingle are "good" choices.
But I won't, because I know that's just asking to be accused of "making up" merits because I'm "biased".
So whatever.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ Kenith Kenith , Midna is a one-off character from a game that maintains the same core cast with every new installment. She doesn't have as much chance as you seem to think she does. That's the reality of it. You need to understand that.

The nice thing about character speculation is that reality seldom, really and truly, factors into it. I don't for a second think Tiki or Anna have a fundamentally realistic chance of making it into this Smash game. I'd be a bit more open to the idea of it for the next game, but even then it's a big "if". You are definitely biased towards Midna. And that's fine. I'm definitely biased towards Tiki and Anna. That shouldn't discourage you from supporting the character you love. If that was the case, we'd just communally go in for Mario and Kirby, i.e. characters we know for what essentially amounts to an objective fact will be in Smash.

There's a fine line between saying "I support this character and the chances of the character getting in are better than you think" and "I support this characters and the chances of the character getting in are so good that you're stupid if you think otherwise". You've always been good at remaining on the former side of the equation. It'd be a shame if you stained your good reputation by getting into a debate over a character who, with every conceivable modicum of due respect, has no better chance than 90% of other people's favourite characters.

The beauty of character speculation is that we can support whomever we want to, damn the haters. Just remember that there is a time and a place for getting uppity about your character's chances, which I would personally maintain is: never, nowhere.

D

Deleted member

My Bias for Simon Belmont goes beyond the Galaxy and all cosmos.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd like to remind you that the crux of your argument is that people make up merits for characters because they like them. Basically, they're biased towards things they like.
Which is obviously true.

But saying that The Legend of Zelda has "no good characters left" is, in and of itself, biased.
I can give you an exhaustive list of reasons why Skull Kid, Midna (especially these two), Ganon, and even Impa and Tingle are "good" choices.
But I won't, because I know that's just asking to be accused of "making up" merits because I'm "biased".
So whatever.
My argument has changed from 'no good characters' to 'Midna, Skull Kid, and Whoever's not in the main cast'.

We're all biased to some degree. Don't let your adoration for a character derail you from cold reasoning.

For instance: I love Dillon from the Rolling Western games. He's an AT, and has very little to no chance right now for SSB5. But I'll still support him while acknowledging that he's a long shot.

@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A supports Sylux from Metroid Prime. Is he biased? Of course, he wants to see that character in above anyone else. But he's told multiple people on multiple sites that it's chances aren't great. But does that discourage him from supporting Sylux? Nope.

So support Midna. Support her until the Smash series concludes who knows when. But if you do so, you have no right to insult other's opinions of her chances.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
This conversation reminds me of Wonder Red.

Unite Rest in peace, brave warrior of Dearth.

This conversation reminds me of Wonder Red.

Unite Rest in peace, brave warrior of Dearth.
remember when the ballot was announced and Red was a frontrunner with little standing in his way? Good times. .. good times :cry:
RIP popularity
RIP sales
RIP sequel
RIP hopes and dreams
at least we still have won-stoppable 101:urg:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The Wonderful 101 looks like such an interesting game.

My sympathies for Wonder Red supporters. :(

Burruni

Smash Hero
Which is obviously true.

So whatever.
YO
I GET DONE
READING 98 FRIGGIN PAGES
AND I COME TO
"ZELDA HAS NO GOOD CHARACTERS LEFT"
OHHHHH BUDDY HERE WE GO

Now, this is a story all about how
Hyrule got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
To correct this mess
I'll tell you about the King of Darkness

Ever since the NES, Zelda has one overarching villain: Ganon, as the embodiment of the Triforce of Power.
Demise, his ancestor.
Ganondorf, his mortal mantle.

A Trident-toting Warlock of a Pig Beast who has made more than triple the appearances of his human form in main series Zelda and is his more nostalgic if not iconic identity. I could write paragraphs about how he should be in this game, and is basically the third "Missing Series Villain" along the likes of Ridster and K. Rool. A heavyweight with an arsenal of projectiles and a heavy spacing weapon. He is THE next Zelda character to if we go by importance and merit.

Two Links:4link::4tlink:
Two Zeldas :4zelda::4sheik:
Two Ganons :4ganondorf::221:

COMPLETE THE SYMMETRY

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
YO
I GET DONE
READING 98 FRIGGIN PAGES
AND I COME TO
OHHHHH BUDDY HERE WE GO

To correct this mess

Ever since the NES, Zelda has one overarching villain: Ganon, as the embodiment of the Triforce of Power.
Demise, his ancestor.

A Trident-toting Warlock of a Pig Beast who has made more than triple the appearances of his human form in main series Zelda and is his more nostalgic if not iconic identity. I could write paragraphs about how he should be in this game, and is basically the third "Missing Series Villain" along the likes of Ridster and K. Rool. A heavyweight with an arsenal of projectiles and a heavy spacing weapon. He is THE next Zelda character to if we go by importance and merit.

COMPLETE THE SYMMETRY
Ganon is the prince of Belair? I approve of this headcanon

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
@ Kenith Kenith , Midna is a one-off character from a game that maintains the same core cast with every new installment. She doesn't have as much chance as you seem to think she does. That's the reality of it. You need to understand that.

The nice thing about character speculation is that reality seldom, really and truly, factors into it. I don't for a second think Tiki or Anna have a fundamentally realistic chance of making it into this Smash game. I'd be a bit more open to the idea of it for the next game, but even then it's a big "if". You are definitely biased towards Midna. And that's fine. I'm definitely biased towards Tiki and Anna. That shouldn't discourage you from supporting the character you love. If that was the case, we'd just communally go in for Mario and Kirby, i.e. characters we know for what essentially amounts to an objective fact will be in Smash.

There's a fine line between saying "I support this character and the chances of the character getting in are better than you think" and "I support this characters and the chances of the character getting in are so good that you're stupid if you think otherwise". You've always been good at remaining on the former side of the equation. It'd be a shame if you stained your good reputation by getting into a debate over a character who, with every conceivable modicum of due respect, has no better chance than 90% of other people's favourite characters.

The beauty of character speculation is that we can support whomever we want to, damn the haters. Just remember that there is a time and a place for getting uppity about your character's chances, which I would personally maintain is: never, nowhere.
My argument has changed from 'no good characters' to 'Midna, Skull Kid, and Whoever's not in the main cast'.

We're all biased to some degree. Don't let your adoration for a character derail you from cold reasoning.

For instance: I love Dillon from the Rolling Western games. He's an AT, and has very little to no chance right now for SSB5. But I'll still support him while acknowledging that he's a long shot.

@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A supports Sylux from Metroid Prime. Is he biased? Of course, he wants to see that character in above anyone else. But he's told multiple people on multiple sites that it's chances aren't great. But does that discourage him from supporting Sylux? Nope.

So support Midna. Support her until the Smash series concludes who knows when. But if you do so, you have no right to insult other's opinions of her chances.
Way to completely and utterly misinterpret everything I said.
I'm done with this awful thread.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Way to completely and utterly misinterpret everything I said.
I'm done with this awful thread.
Thanks for your input.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

EDIT: Incidentally, that was a pretty uncool thing to say.

You won't win people over with that kind of base attitude.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Thanks for your input.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

EDIT: Incidentally, that was a pretty uncool thing to say.

You won't win people over with that kind of base attitude.
This is why I am fed up with this thread.
I announce I am leaving, in a rage, and still you take jabs at me.
I have half a mind to report. Leave me alone!

YO
I GET DONE
READING 98 FRIGGIN PAGES
AND I COME TO
OHHHHH BUDDY HERE WE GO

To correct this mess

Demise, his ancestor.

COMPLETE THE SYMMETRY
Ganon confirmed to have four incarnations: Ganon, Ganondorf, Demise and Piloswine. :troll:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I wonder how many times I'll be dragged in here because I support that one underdog from that series who most people believe should have Barney the space dragon before anything else and will dismiss said character because "Not Ridley". Yes, that hurts me to read whenever it comes up, but I can't sway everyone, much less a diehard supporter, and I accept that.

disclaimer: liquid wants ridley too but rids is not in the most favorable of conditions at the moment

The only character I put on Sylux's level of "want to death" is Snake, and I acknowledge that both are unlikely as hell...according to everyone else.

Some of you have heard me say this at some point or another: speculation is wild, and events across it(hi KKR Mii) have only served to prove my line of thought. If I had to compare the hypothetical and community(as well as my own) speculated chances Sylux has in general compared to juggernauts such as Isaac, then they would be pitifully low. But if we're factoring the faulty reasoning of "oh this character realistically has no shot because reasons because random choice because not Ridley", then let me say, realism in a subject like this? Hah. Chrom stood behind your precious realism for months and was shot down.

Although in my case, I don't care for the concept of what the community thinks about some character's chances. Do I think Sylux has a chance? Not a magnificent chance, but yes, in the event Metroid was looked at for DLC options(which I wholeheartedly doubt). Am I biased? Yes, and I know that. If my character makes it, yay, if it doesn't, I perfectly understand why. I'm just here to support my #1 choice. Also making me happy is my efforts being recognized elsewhere. Do these efforts compare to the stuff, say, King K. Rool has managed? Not in the slightest. But there's an audience outside this forum, and that audience appreciating my efforts is part of what pleases me.

If you're planning to start a debate on me for whatever reason, try and keep it civil, yes? I'm not a fan of heated arguments and reactions such as the ones on this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom