• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you're joking, but Darunia would be my #1 Zelda choice. I love Gorons, and Darunia was the best one. His Final Smash could be a ridiculous dance, maybe like Dedede's in Brawl.
How could I forget Darunia? He was my favorite character in Hyrule Warriors, I'm adding him to my list.

slambros

Smash Ace
I don't know if you're joking, but Darunia would be my #1 Zelda choice. I love Gorons, and Darunia was the best one. His Final Smash could be a ridiculous dance, maybe like Dedede's in Brawl.
No joke. He's be an iconic heavyweight, and Smash could use a heavyweight or two.

InB4 Somebody
No joke. Darunia is a perfectly iconic heavyweight, and a character from a franchise that has room for a rep. His Hyrule Warriors appearance certainly helps things out.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Characters I want via series.

Wishful Thinking

Possible?
Unlikely?
NPC Role
Want as an Alt Costume

Kinda want

:4mario:Super Mario:
(Captain) Toad
:4yoshi::4wario2:Mario Sub-series: Waluigi
, Ashley
:4dk:Donkey Kong Country: King K. Rool, Dixie Kong
:4link:The Legend of Zelda: Actual Ganondorf, Happy Mask Salesman
:4samus:Metroid: Ridley
:4pit:Kid Icarus: Viridi
:4marth:Fire Emblem: Tiki
:4kirby:Kirby: Adeleine
:4ness:Mother: Ninten, Giygas
:4fox:Star Fox: Wolf, Krystal
:4pikachu:Pokemon: Pokemon Trainer, Goodra
:4littlemac:Punch-Out: N/A
:4falcon:F-Zero: N/A
:4villager:Animal Crossing: More Villager Alts
:4olimar:Pikmin: Louie, Brittany
:4shulk:Xenoblade: N/A
:4wiifit:Misc. Series: Lip, Inkling, Isaac
:4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:General Retro: Takamaru, Ice Climbers
:4pacman:Namco: N/A Actually, Dig Dug
:4megaman::4ryu:Capcom: N/A
:4sonic:Sega: N/A
:4mii:General Third Party: Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman, Solid Snake, Shantae, Someone from Squeenix

Man this thing looks fantastic. Still a little peeved it's ANOTHER 3rd party but the art is so good I don't mind this time.

Last edited:
Man this thing looks fantastic. Still a ltittle peeved it's ANOTHER 3rd party but the art is so good I don't mind this time.
It looks fantastic. This was fifth third-party Smashified, next one better be first-party.

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong, but is K. Rool the only first party character that has been Smashified?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Why do Bomberman Smash mockups always use the scarf? I don't mind it, but it's not his classic design and even in modern games is inconsistently used.

reobebo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
luckyguy12
3DS FC
2406-5425-8285
There's no logic in using clearly poor examples of non-video game characters. That's an extremely poor argument. Many of us are at least talking about video game characters we like to see, ones who have a ghost of a chance. Some clearly higher than others.
True.

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I forgot Inklings and Klonoa. I don't like that he's done so much third-parties compared to Nintendo characters, Klonoa doesn't even have much support for Smash.
He did Klonoa cause he wanted to, Smashified wasn't even a thing then.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Ha, I wondered if someone would ask me about Yarne.

Okay so; Yarne is a completely optional character in Fire Emblem Awakening. Not a particularly popular one either amongst the fanbase being voted the second least popular Awakening male in Japan. Not a great start, sure.
He's a Taguel; a humanoid who can transform into a rabbit beast. Now if it were simply for a transforming character who could turn into a beast; Tiki would be the superior choice being a well established character that has made multiple appearances.

However; Yarne I feel truly captures the feel of Fire Emblem better than any other character in the series. Particularly due to his fearful personality.
It's here that Yarne embodies the average Fire Emblem player as he is desperately trying to fight whilst fearful he'll get a permenant game over(thus ending his species existence), a very real possibility for every single non-lord character in this series.

It's a bit off the wall, sure, but Yarne is probably the character I associated most with mine and my friend's mindsets whilst playing through Awakening. The fact he's a killer rabbit, and a ridiculously powerful coward are bonuses.

Hope that explains the unusual choice.
Yarne, Yes, I Love Yarne

The shaggy hair bunny ears and the little stubble and the uneasiness and the bod-
....*ahem*
Personally paired him with Lucina they're adorable and they respect each other and it's the best

Last edited:

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
By saying 'get over it' implies that you are suggesting people to move on rather than continue their support...and giving up their support for the character will guarantee that it won't happen...do not speak in absolutes when it comes to DLC when Sakurai's intentions are to 'make the fans happy'...Tell me would Ridley DLC not make many fans happy? whether it'll actually happen or not isn't the point I'm making here...
I have to deal with this a lot...I bring up other characters like Midna and Dark Samus and people say, 'No they are Assists they won't happen'....so because they have predetermined roles, I'm not allowed to want them to be playable? This is the kind of message you are communicating, whether it is your intentions or not...
But Ridley already has a big (ha ha) role as a stage boss. Plus, Sakurai said already why he didn't put Ridley in. So, Ridley's chances are near ZeRo.

(sorry for the puns)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
But Ridley already has a big (ha ha) role as a stage boss. Plus, Sakurai said already why he didn't put Ridley in. So, Ridley's chances are near ZeRo.

(sorry for the puns)

If I want Ridley, I will support Ridley and vote for Ridley

I do, I still do and I have, Sakurai's "reasons" boil down to, "I didn't want to"
He didn't think he could make Ridley work cause he thought he was better suited as a Stage boss
And Smash 4 has proven that this was a terrible idea cause Stage bosses SUCK

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

(sorry for the puns)
Thank you for completely missing the point of my post....

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm glad the new character thread can start fresh with Yet Another Ridley Argument.

Sorry. I didn't know there was so many Ridley fans left.
Just because a character is deconfirmed doesnt magically mean the fanbase will suddenly stop liking the character. Some do but they were likely bandwagoners who didnt really care for the character in the first place.

Yeah the dragon has no shot but i still want the dude and nothing will change that but possibly time.
Ridley arguments are the only proper initiation for any character thread.
Now we just need bayonetta and geno and we're all set

Maybe a little gematsu sprinkled in there too

Last edited:

whitekirby9

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-2712-4478
Shnate and Sora would be Nice in Unviverse! (if thats the the next one!)

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I like Ridley and would like him in the game. I know it sounds selfish, but I hope Nintendo forces Sakurai's hand and makes him implement him as a playable character. They know how many people want him, so they know it would be a smart way to get DLC sales. I still voted K. Rool though. I feel he would be more realistic by a long shot.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Haven't done anything on Smashboards for a while, and I'd like to change that, so I might as well start on a new thread.

As far as DLC characters go Petey Piranha, Nabbit, K. Rool, Ridley(shhhh), and Bandanna Dee are my picks. Slime from Dragon Quest would be my third-party dream although that's pretty unlikely(most of my most wanted characters are).

And of course, my beloved Plasm Wraith. If you aren't already supporting, what's wrong with you? :awesome:

Last edited:

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
I only want Klonoa and Shantae for 3rd party, I honestly can't think of any first parties I care to include. Maybe Ephraim, or any FE lord who doesn't use a sword.
I like Ridley and would like him in the game. I know it sounds selfish, but I hope Nintendo forces Sakurai's hand and makes him implement him as a playable character. They know how many people want him, so they know it would be a smart way to get DLC sales. I still voted K. Rool though. I feel he would be more realistic by a long shot.
yeah, honestly, I rather it not come to forcing him to include any character. I honestly don't see what's so hard to believe with him not thinking Ridley would work.

Last edited:

reobebo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
luckyguy12
3DS FC
2406-5425-8285
There's no logic in using clearly poor examples of non-video game characters. That's an extremely poor argument. Many of us are at least talking about video game characters we like to see, ones who have a ghost of a chance. Some clearly higher than others.
Before you completely disagree with me. Watch this. Link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9hC_FgGHdHo

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I want to make Demille and Doshin support threads but I'm to lazy. Also, what's up with me wanting obscure Japan only characters. Donbe and Hikari, Goku, Lip, Captain Rainbow, Demille, and Doshin. I'm weird.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Haven't done anything on Smashboards for a while, and I'd like to change that, so I might as well start on a new thread.

As far as DLC characters go Petey Piranha, Nabbit, K. Rool, Ridley(shhhh), and Bandanna Dee are my picks. Slime from Dragon Quest would be my third-party dream although that's pretty unlikely(most of my most wanted characters are).

And of course, my beloved Plasm Wraith. If you aren't already supporting, what's wrong with you? :awesome:
I love the idea of Plasm Wraith! Someone had brought it up last night I believe and I love this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom