• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I do wonder if King K. Rool was considered and rejected for whatever reason only to have the special portion of his moveset given to Bowser Jr.

B: Cannonball could have been cannonball
Side B: Kart could have been using the blunderbuss's jet properties to propel the Kroc forward
Down B: MechaKoopa could have been Klaptrap
Up B: Abandon ship could have been shooting a cannonball down with the musket to propel the Kroc upwards

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I do wonder if King K. Rool was considered and rejected for whatever reason only to have the special portion of his moveset given to Bowser Jr.

Side B: Kart could have been using the blunderbuss's jet properties to propel the Kroc forward
Up B: Abandon ship could have been shooting a cannonball down with the musket to propel the Kroc upwards
The only way I could see this happening is if King K. Rool was passed over for Bowser Jr. specifically, which I find incredibly unlikely.
Bowser Jr.'s specials moves are pretty logical for a Clown Car moveset. They don't feel like re-purposed moves from another character that wasn't included.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only way I could see this happening is if King K. Rool was passed over for Bowser Jr. specifically, which I find incredibly unlikely.
Bowser Jr.'s specials moves are pretty logical for a Clown Car moveset. They don't feel like re-purposed moves from another character that wasn't included.
And given that all the newcomers were picked out rather early, I would assume that Sakurai thought up of "Clown Car fighter" for Jr. before even thinking of K. Rool having a similar set of special attacks.

Besides, him giving K. Rool those kind of specials would imply that Sakurai nixed the King aspect and went with full Kaptain having a proposed "multi-purpose blunderbuss" style.
While such an idea honestly wouldn't surprise me (and he still could technically do it without it being too similar to Bowser Jr.'s Clown Car), I wouldn't expect Sakurai to not go with what is most iconic about K. Rool; his King identity.

(Though in my opinion, Kaptain really fits K. Rool best, especially since the Kremlings' modern designs have a pirate feel and the first major battle with him in the series is on a pirate ship.)

Last edited by a moderator:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
I only expect Wolf, not because everyone else is saying it. I do want Ice Climbers back though.
Here's my reasons why I don't really care for the others to return.

Ivysaur and Squirtle - They were awesome but I don't really think they deserve their own seperate slots as characters.
Snake - He was cool, but I never really felt he fit in with the Smash crew.
Young Link - Toon Link fills his spot, no need for another Link. Yes, he might have masks, but still.
Pichu - Why would I want a weaker Pikachu who hurts himself?
Ice Climbers - I legitimately want them back, but considering how they have technical issues that Sakurai has tried almost everything to fix, I don't see them coming back for Smash 4. They better ****ing be in Smash 5 though.
Well here's why I think they Should return:

Remember before we got Smash 4's final roster, there were lists of top most likely cut characters all over the place?

These lists would typically feature, in no order: "for the reasons of"
R.O.B.: "For being irrelevant character nobody played that everyone blames for no Geno."
Jigglypuff: "For being one of the characters unlocked After the SSE thus must have almost been cut from Brawl"
Toon Link: "For being a clone of Link and salty replacement to Toon Link, unlockable only after SSE so likely not to be saved again."
Wolf: "For being Another clone of Fox who was unlocked after SSE thus a last minute addition"
Lucario: "The character everyone blames for replacing Mewtwo and expected to be replaced by the Gen 6 character."
Ike: "Clone of Marth, expected to be replaced by Chrom the way he replaced Roy."
Lucas: "Clone of Ness."

Yet to everyone's shock, and to our relief, all of these characters came back.

R.O.B.: "Got buffed now and is very popular."
Jigglypuff: "Part of the original 12 who'll never be cut, everyone remembered how good she is and everyone's happy to have her."
Toon Link: "Everyone was scared from seeing him in the Spirit Train stage, now everyone's relieved to see him again and loves the lighter Link."
Lucario: "Greninja And Mewtwo came back now everyone appreciates his uniqueness and s happy"
Ike: "Everyone realizes how unique he is to Marth and Roy came back. Chrom is Robin's Final Smash but everyone still wants him as his own fighter."

And then
Dr. Mario: "WHERE'S MEWTWO???"

Then DLC:
Mewtwo: "Oh there he is. There was much hype and rejoicing"
Lucas: "Everyone missed him when he was gone, and everyone's happy to see him back again, ignoring how they used to feel about his semi-clone status."
Roy: "Everybody missed him since Melee and everyone's happy to see him again since he was missed before people started complaining about clones"

Now there are only 7 veterans who haven't returned yet.
Ice Climbers: - I love them with all my heart, and I miss them, but I Understand the technical limitations that keep them back. I have faith that the next generation of Smash will show them a triumphant return, and in the mean time I can only pray that Sakurai an his team are secretly still at work figuring out solutions to the Nana problem. I support their return with all my heart. They were my mains after all.
Cause of Cut: Technical Limitation.

Snake - Is a legal issue Nintendo has to work out with Konami. And after what they're doing to the Metal Gear franchise now, do they really have it in them to make the good decision to let Nintendo use Snake again? that's not a rhethorical question, Snake fans should fight with all their might for Snake's right to fight.
Cause of Cut: Legal limitation.

Young Link - I am content with the replacement by Toon Link personally, but If he were let in and allowed to use his masks, he'd be a whole new fighter with a veteran's name and character model.
Cause of Cut: Replaced by Toon Link.

Pichu - You got me there. Other than the player-challenge that came with using Pichu, it's the only veteran that I can't make up an argument for. It's only in the name of fairness that Pichu should come back if All the other veterans somehow make it back. The good news is, since Pichu would only come as DLC, no one is Forced to buy it and accidentally wind up as it when pressing Random.
Cause of Cut: Clone regarded Universally as useless(?)

Wolf: The cut clone everyone wants to return despite being considered the Dark Pit and Lucina of Brawl back in 2006.
Everyone wants Wolf back now, because they Gave him a Chance, played with him and realized he was actually a very good character regardless of clone status! And now he's gone, everyone misses him!

Ivysaur and Squirtle: - Cause of Cut: I don't understand. it's nothing legal, nothing technical and nothing repetitive.
They were both default characters that shared a slot with Chairzard in Brawl. All 3 had a fully original move sets and were designed to depend on each other for balance. They were separated when transformations were removed.
Shiek and Zero Suit Samus were this to Zelda and Samus respectively and received their own slots.
Both Ivysaur and Squirtle and can easily be buffed to fill the strength and weight gap that Charizard left behind just as Charizard himself was buffed into independence! They could both be great viable tournament winners if given the chance to be!
So why don't more people miss them?

I have my own hopes in what Sakurai is doing right now, because I choose to replace my rage and resentment to his decisions with understanding and faith.
But what I don't understand is why I feel so alone about them in this community.
There's a word for this kind of treatment: Unfair. It's unfair to them and it's unfair to the roster transition as a whole.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

1 major reason why this can't be true: Why would the moveset be rejected for 1 character, yet given to another that we know for a fact nearly got cut?

Ivysaur and Squirtle: - Cause of Cut: I don't understand. it's nothing legal, nothing technical and nothing repetitive.
They were both default characters that shared a slot with Chairzard in Brawl. All 3 had a fully original move sets and were designed to depend on each other for balance. They were separated when transformations were removed.
Shiek and Zero Suit Samus were this to Zelda and Samus respectively and received their own slots.
Both Ivysaur and Squirtle and can easily be buffed to fill the strength and weight gap that Charizard left behind just as Charizard himself was buffed into independence! They could both be great viable tournament winners if given the chance to be!
Most people are against another Pokemon character (especially from Gen 1) for DLC, so that's probably the reason why Squirtle and Ivysaur are not wanted so much.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
Most people are against another Pokemon character (especially from Gen 1) for DLC, so that's probably the reason why Squirtle and Ivysaur are not wanted so much.
But these same people are fine with 4 Fire Emblem reps with variations of the one same move set and still asking for 1 more that's already in as the 5th one's Final Smash?
I'm not one to talk down to other franchises and other fandoms, in fact more power to FE, but This is what I mean by unfair!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
But these same people are fine with 4 Fire Emblem reps with variations of the one same move set and still asking for 1 more that's already in as the 5th one's Final Smash?
I'm not one to talk down to other franchises and other fandoms, in fact more power to FE, but This is what I mean by unfair!
Bruh. I'm one of the few people who doesn't think FE has more than enough characters

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Toon Link: "Everyone was scared from seeing him in the Spirit Train stage, now everyone's relieved to see him again and loves the lighter Link."
Not 'everyone' btw...I am speaking for myself for the record...

I haven't seen many people seriously asking for Chrom compared to some other FE characters (Anna, for example), and support for sixth FE rep has been divided to several characters (Tiki, Anna, Chrom, Azura, Corrin, Micaiah...). None of them has bigger fanbase than Squirtle and Ivysaur have.

I am myself against FE getting a sixth character, five is enough for this Smash.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
Bruh. I'm one of the few people who doesn't think FE has more than enough characters
Then you must understand my situation a little then, right?

This is what you said

You find it unfair people want another FE character before Squirtle and Ivysaur? This is actually false. People think we'll only get 1 DLC character per franchise, that's why Squirtle and Ivysaur are rarely brought up. Chrom fans KNOW he's not happening. The FE characters I want? Either dated or too minor overall. What does the general public think of another FE character? They don't want it as FE, a niche franchise that has the third highest amount of characters in Smash. They feel other franchises should go first. As a Fire Emblem fanatic, I WANT more FE characters, but I'm content with these characters now
Ok that is fault, but that's not my feelings overall:
My feelings overall are that when it comes to veteran DLC, people will beg for the Ice Climbers, Snake, and Wolf but Not Squirtle and Ivysaur Too, despite the two being the two characters with neither technical, legal or clone status being in the way of their return. Instead people reject the idea of Squirtle and Ivysaur coming back and what I'm afraid of is the rampant Lack of support could cause Sakurai to change his mind if he were intending to do it anyway!

I personally think that it would be unfair if Pokemon got Squirtle and/or Ivysaur or Fire Emblem got another character before franchises like DK, Zelda, Kirby and Metroid (okay, this one doesn't have much potential ones left) get any.
There's a difference between "getting" and "getting back" and
we Got Ryu and we got Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy Back. And just like them, we can get Squirtle Ivysaur and Wolf Back the same time DK, Zelda, Kirby or Metroid Get new reps!

So, while we're on the subject:
Purely HYPOTHETICALLY, what would your reaction be if :squirtle: & :ivysaur: returned as DLC characters in a future patch (independent from the ballot).

Personally, I'd be overjoyed to have my Brawl secondary and the only Poison Type in Smash back.
I don't know how you did it man, but you did good. High five!

I miss the pokemon too..
I made this thing, and I keep forgetting that theres this many that have yet to return
Never forget :(

Personally, I miss Snake the most

If they return all the veterans before adding newcomers, the 3DS roster will look like this plus Ryu.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Then you must understand my situation a little then, right?
This is what you said
You find it unfair people want another FE character before Squirtle and Ivysaur? This is actually false. People think we'll only get 1 DLC character per franchise, that's why Squirtle and Ivysaur are rarely brought up. Chrom fans KNOW he's not happening. The FE characters I want? Either dated or too minor overall. What does the general public think of another FE character? They don't want it as FE, a niche franchise that has the third highest amount of characters in Smash. They feel other franchises should go first. As a Fire Emblem fanatic, I WANT more FE characters, but I'm content with these characters now

I personally think that it would be unfair if Pokemon got Squirtle and/or Ivysaur or Fire Emblem got another character before franchises like DK, Zelda, Kirby and Metroid (okay, this one doesn't have much potential ones left) get any.

EDIT: However, I'd accept them back, but at least DK (and preferably Kirby and Zelda as well) should get a DLC character and Star Fox should get Wolf back before bringing Squirtle and Ivysaur back.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Seriously? I haven't seen anyone heavily requesting FE characters, especially not for Chrom. Barely anyone is actually requesting another FE DLC character, and the few that are have a large variety of different characters they want it.

Also... Ike has NOTHING in common with Marth's moveset barring wielding a sword, being an FE character, and Counter. Ike is totally unique from Marth/Roy/Lucina.

For me, I don't want another FE character right now at all. I'd even be fine if we lost Lucina next game and didn't get another new FE character. If we WERE to get one, I'd prefer Anna, but right now I'm fine with what we got and would rather expand into more IP's.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Purely HYPOTHETICALLY, what would your reaction be if :squirtle: & :ivysaur: returned as DLC characters in a future patch (independent from the ballot).

Personally, I'd be overjoyed to have my Brawl secondary and the only Poison Type in Smash back.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'd be delighted to have Squirtle and Ivysaur back. They had great ideas and movesets that were bogged down by the switching and type effectiveness mechanics in Brawl, and Squirtle in particular is pretty well-known and loved.

And @Swampasaur would finally have Ivysaur back, which would be great. Does he still love Ivysaur? I still do.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I miss the pokemon too..
I made this thing, and I keep forgetting that theres this many that have yet to return
Never forget :(

Personally, I miss Snake the most

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
When it comes to veterans, Wolf, Snake and Ice Climbers I'd would like to see come back...they are also the top 3 most requested vets atm, but only one of them seems to have plausible chances...as for the others I personally wouldn't be bothered...

Truth be told I'd be happy when Wolf returns, it'd be nice to get some more newcomers for DLC at some point rather than all veterans (save for Ryu)...

Last edited:
How much I want the veterans back:
Want:
:wolf:
Somewhat want, but won't happen:
:popo:
Don't really care:
:snake:
:squirtle:
:ivysaur:
Don't want:
:pichumelee:
:pt:
(not even an actual character, he just stands in the background)
:younglinkmelee: (No, no, no. He is completely unnecessary, we already have Toon Link)

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I really hate when people try to use this point.

While a costume isn't necessarily a disconfirmation for K. Rool, let me ask this: did those costumes of Link and Samus come first, or did the characters come first?
Answer: The characters. Hell, they've been here since 1999.
The point is that Mii Costumes and Fighters can co-exist. We all know Link and Samus came first. The fact remains that they are simultaneously Mii Costumes and Fighters. This is turning into a matter of the Chicken and the Egg. Whether it was the Mii Costume or the Fighter first, we do not yet have anything to state the order of this having an effect on the ballot. We are looking at the results of Mii Costume DLC. Semantics need to be saved for when they can be proven beyond assumption.

One more time. A Mii Costume coming before a Character does has not told us anything yet. It is the source of conjecture. We lack the sufficient information to know what the character's chances for the ballot are. Because a Mii Costumes provide no insight to us that can be currently proven, they effectively hold no meaning on the ballot. Once we get official word of character eligibility or the results of the ballot, meaning will be given to the Mii Costumes and we will have a basis for judging characters for the future.

While Anna does get more support, Chrom is not far behind.
I mean, it's probably futile, but people do want him.
Really? I haven't noticed it much (aside from that argument earlier), I guess it's because his support thread is in Predefined Character Support group, and I rarely visit there. I've seen people mentioning Anna, Tiki, Corrin and Azura much more often.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My most-wanted characters (after Wonder Red and K. Rool) are both Fire Emblem.

YOU CAN'T STOP MY WISH.

I'M IN CONTROL.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
While Anna does get more support, Chrom is not far behind.
I mean, it's probably futile, but people do want him.
I don't see much support for FE characters in general. Not even Roy was that highly requested in the west before he was leaked. Most FE fans I saw were content with the characters in the game already. As DLC, I mean, I know there's still requests for "the next" FE character.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well here's why I think they Should return:

Remember before we got Smash 4's final roster, there were lists of top most likely cut characters all over the place?

These lists would typically feature, in no order: "for the reasons of"
R.O.B.: "For being irrelevant character nobody played that everyone blames for no Geno."
Jigglypuff: "For being one of the characters unlocked After the SSE thus must have almost been cut from Brawl"
Toon Link: "For being a clone of Link and salty replacement to Toon Link, unlockable only after SSE so likely not to be saved again."
Wolf: "For being Another clone of Fox who was unlocked after SSE thus a last minute addition"
Lucario: "The character everyone blames for replacing Mewtwo and expected to be replaced by the Gen 6 character."
Ike: "Clone of Marth, expected to be replaced by Chrom the way he replaced Roy."
Lucas: "Clone of Ness."

Yet to everyone's shock, and to our relief, all of these characters came back.

R.O.B.: "Got buffed now and is very popular."
Jigglypuff: "Part of the original 12 who'll never be cut, everyone remembered how good she is and everyone's happy to have her."
Lucario: "Greninja And Mewtwo came back now everyone appreciates his uniqueness and s happy"
Ike: "Everyone realizes how unique he is to Marth and Roy came back. Chrom is Robin's Final Smash but everyone still wants him as his own fighter."
What? If anyone thought Ike was a clone of Marth, they are stupid. Plain and simple. Ike was literally nothing like Marth. Also I wanted everyone of those characters to return (iffy on Lucario but he got a bigger role in X and Y). I never considered any of them clones (besides Toon Link for obvious reasons).
And then
Dr. Mario: "WHERE'S MEWTWO???"
This and my reaction was also like, "WHY THE **** IS DR. MARIO BACK?"

Then DLC:
Mewtwo: "Oh there he is. There was much hype and rejoicing"
Lucas: "Everyone missed him when he was gone, and everyone's happy to see him back again, ignoring how they used to feel about his semi-clone status."
Roy: "Everybody missed him since Melee and everyone's happy to see him again since he was missed before people started complaining about clones"
I never wanted Roy back but he became a semi-clone so I like him now.

Not many people miss them because not many people want Pokemon, especially Gen 1, as DLC. I don't believe those two deserve their own slots while Charizard does because Charizard is like the most popular Pokemon ever.

Also my list of veterans and if I want them.

Want: :wolf:
Want but is very unlikely: :popo:
Meh: :squirtle::ivysaur::snake:
No::pichumelee::younglinkmelee:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

First off, I'd get pretty mad about Pokémon getting more represented than the Mario series (assuming Mario doesn't get a DLC character).

Second, I'd be excited to see the changes they get, and the moves they'd use for their down special and Final Smash.

Third, I'd be rather angry at Ivysaur being chosen over semi-popular non-Pokéballs like Sceptile, Gengar, Blaziken, or even Bulbasaur.

There's a difference between "getting" and "getting back" and
we Got Ryu and we got Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy Back. And just like them, we can get Squirtle Ivysaur and Wolf Back the same time DK, Zelda, Kirby or Metroid Get new reps!
I'm sceptical that we could get that many DLC characters, I think were getting four more (five at best, two at worst), and I'd be disappointed if three of them were veterans. I think one more (Wolf) is enough, considering that we got three already.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
First off, want to mention that the Isaac Smashified is awesome!

Second, after reading the latest Sourcegaming post (thanks @PushDustIn ) Wolf seems like an obvious pick. Sakurai stated within that interview that Wolf originally happened because he was easy to implement (70% of resources rather than 100%) and he was popular. That situation hasn't changed at all...I feel as if Sakurai wouldn't just leave Wolf out.

On a side note, I've noticed a lot of talk of the same series getting more than 1 DLC character. I wouldn't expect any series to get more than 1. I've already said my piece on over-saturation and diminishing returns on certain series.

For example, if the team has to decide on a Pokemon to bring back between Mewtwo, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Pichu, the obvious answer is Mewtwo. I shouldn't have to explain that.

To wrap up my post here...I'd say if somebody gets revealed this month (Wolf), then I'll eat my words on there not being a ton of DLC on the way. Maybe not a ton, but you know what I mean. I can't see them just picking one from the ballot. If they reveal Wolf by the end of the month, then I would definitely be on board with the idea that we'd get more Mario slots in a future update.

PS: I'm generally against cutting characters because I mainly disagree with characters getting cut because of "reps"/"representation". That's stupid. They're already in the game, and this isn't the US Senate. Just because a series gets a certain amount of characters doesn't mean the game is worse because of it.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Second, after reading the latest Sourcegaming post (thanks @PushDustIn ) Wolf seems like an obvious pick. Sakurai stated within that interview that Wolf originally happened because he was easy to implement (70% of resources rather than 100%) and he was popular. That situation hasn't changed at all...I feel as if Sakurai wouldn't just leave Wolf out.

On a side note, I've noticed a lot of talk of the same series getting more than 1 DLC character. I wouldn't expect any series to get more than 1. I've already said my piece on over-saturation and diminishing returns on certain series.

For example, if the team has to decide on a Pokemon to bring back between Mewtwo, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Pichu, the obvious answer is Mewtwo. I shouldn't have to explain that.

To wrap up my post here...I'd say if somebody gets revealed this month (Wolf), then I'll eat my words on there not being a ton of DLC on the way. Maybe not a ton, but you know what I mean. I can't see them just picking one from the ballot. If they reveal Wolf by the end of the month, then I would definitely be on board with the idea that we'd get more Mario slots in a future update.

PS: I'm generally against cutting characters because I mainly disagree with characters getting cut because of "reps"/"representation". That's stupid. They're already in the game, and this isn't the US Senate. Just because a series gets a certain amount of characters doesn't mean the game is worse because of it.
I still see comments of people wanting to cut dr mario for paper mario and I'm just like.....

WHY??????????

I mean, nothing prevent us from having both and even if we couldn't have both.....I don;t get the logic behind cutting a finished character......

Btw, the thing about wolf is a bit why I am honestly iffy about his chances. I only expect 2 or 3 slots.....

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I'm sceptical that we could get that many DLC characters, I think were getting four more (five at best, two at worst), and I'd be disappointed if three of them were veterans. I think one more (Wolf) is enough, considering that we got three already.
Based on the two Marios, we are getting at least two DLCs. My predicition is that these are preballot, but at the same time, they can include a ballot character.

My Guess:
Preballot:
Wolf
Ice Climbers

Post Ballot:

K Rool
Isaac

and maybe Rayman. I think 5 is very wishful thinking.

D

Deleted member

The point is that Mii Costumes and Fighters can co-exist. We all know Link and Samus came first. The fact remains that they are simultaneously Mii Costumes and Fighters. This is turning into a matter of the Chicken and the Egg. Whether it was the Mii Costume or the Fighter first, we do not yet have anything to state the order of this having an effect on the ballot. We are looking at the results of Mii Costume DLC. Semantics need to be saved for when they can be proven beyond assumption.

One more time. A Mii Costume coming before a Character does has not told us anything yet. It is the source of conjecture. We lack the sufficient information to know what the character's chances for the ballot are. Because a Mii Costumes provide no insight to us that can be currently proven, they effectively hold no meaning on the ballot. Once we get official word of character eligibility or the results of the ballot, meaning will be given to the Mii Costumes and we will have a basis for judging characters for the future.
I will not deny that we lack sufficient information to know what the costumes fully entail (hence why I'm hesitant to completely count the likes of K. Rool and Inklings out).
However, based on what information we do know, the ONLY precedence for a costume and a fighter co-existing is through the fighter coming first. And with the sole exception of Inklings and K. Rool, all non-playable character based costumes are of those that hadn't a hope in Hell to be DLC characters.

That's enough to come to the hypothesis that costume for unconfirmed character = red flag. (Not automatic disconfirmation; just a bad sign)
The hypothesis may end up proven false via Inkling, K. Rool, or some other character we don't know is going to be a costume becoming a character. And if it does, oh well. Hypothesis were meant to be proven true or proven false and revised when new information comes to light.
Even if it's based on insufficient information, it's better than just sitting there, twiddling our thumbs and going "Eyup! Means absolutely nothing because it hasn't been said to mean anything!".

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I can see no more than 1 DLC character per franchise is a new franchise or for a franchise that already has a new character in the game. For a franchise with very few characters and no new characters in Smash 4 I can POSSIBLY see them make an exception. Mostly DKC, with a slim chance of Star Fox as well.

My prediction

(I expect only four of these to happen)

Pre-ballot
Wolf

Ballot
King K. Rool
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Other possiblities:
Dixie Kong (could be pre-ballot)
Paper Mario
Captain Toad
Inkling
Krystal

And if we're getting another third-party:
Rayman (only one with popularity, iconiness and no obstacles)

I don't understand why some people still think ICs can happen, Sakurai tried everything but didn't manage to get them working on 3DS, and I don't see Wii U-exclusive DLC characters happening.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My prediction

(I expect only four of these to happen)

Pre-ballot
Wolf

Ballot
King K. Rool
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Other possiblities:
Dixie Kong (could be pre-ballot)
Paper Mario
Captain Toad
Inkling

And if we're getting another third-party:
Rayman (only one with popularity, iconiness and no obstacles)

I don't understand why some people still think ICs can happen, Sakurai tried everything but didn't manage to get them working on 3DS, and I don't see Wii U-exclusive DLC characters happening.
This is my speculation as well. I'm iffy on the fourth, it can pretty much be anyone. I'd also include Krystal in "other possibilities," though pretty low overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom