• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yeah and Pikachu as:4pikachu: and Lucario as:4lucario: and charizard as:4charizard: and...wait a sec...

That's the thing about pokemon there's enough to work with for a 50+ roster easy...Why do you think so many are hyped for Pokken? Being able to go ham with Pokemon in a fighting game environment is a cool step up to the regular turn based RPG of the official games...
Pretty much. I mean I aways wanted Blaziken, Flygon, Hariyama, Scrafty and Ampharos

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
If we pasted the moveset of every smash character on a Pokemon, I feel that Aegislash would be the ideal recipient for :4shulk:. The animations would be the same, but only with the sword. It would look hilarious yet amazing at the same time.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I wonder if Sakurai as categories and will take the most popular in each.

For example: Maybe he has a pokemon category. So he will make one new DLC pokemon that ranks highest on the poll.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

For example: Maybe he has a pokemon category. So he will make one new DLC pokemon that ranks highest on the poll.
We've already got that, so not likely. If Mewtwo wasn't already added he'd easily top the poll.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I don't think this is the way he's going to approach DLC...it'll force him to add characters to fill an arbitrary role rather than for what they bring as a character or a fighter...
Sakurai's statements regarding making as many fans happy as possible has me thinking any additional pokemon DLC is low priority...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
So far the represented types in Smash 4 as playable characters are: Electric, Fire, Flying, Water, Dark, Normal, Fairy, Fighting, Steel, Psychic (and dragon if we count Charizard's final Smash)

7 more types to go.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So far the represented types in Smash 4 as playable characters are: Electric, Fire, Flying, Water, Dark, Normal, Fairy, Fighting, Steel, Psychic (and dragon if we count Charizard's final Smash)

7 more types to go.
That doesn't mean they'll get added as DLC, and there aren't really any highly requested Pokemon characters right now anyway.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

7 more types to go.
We don't even know if Pokken will have all types represented let alone Smash...Pokemon will be lucky to get one more character let alone (up to) seven...

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Tiki is the only character that I really want. Click on the signature to go to her topic. If she appear in Smash, it does not matter who else appears in this game.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'm gonna go out on a limb and expect something either September or October.
It'll be unrelated to the ballot, we're getting at least one character, some Mii costumes and maybe a returning stage.

Now watch in aw as I'll be completely off!

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm gonna go out on a limb and expect something either September or October.
It'll be unrelated to the ballot, we're getting at least one character, some Mii costumes and maybe a returning stage.

Now watch in aw as I'll be completely off!
I'm expecting a new character soon, the last patch is really suspicious.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Don't worry he evolved into a better place...where parasects gnaw on his decaying brain matter.

I do not expect him.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
We don't even know if Pokken will have all types represented let alone Smash...Pokemon will be lucky to get one more character let alone (up to) seven...
Pokken has such a lack of characters, it's ridiculously frustrating. Not a single Hitmon- character, no Primeape, Scizor, Ursaring, Sandslash, Nidoking/Queen, Khang, or any other Pokemon I was really hoping would be added haha.

I too believe another character will be announced soon. I think it certainly had to be delayed. Wolf would have to be my bet for sure. His name has to be high on the ballot, and Sakurai obviously doesn't mind adding back cut veterans, because he's said before how he apologized for cutting them. He is probably happy that he can add back Wolf.

Troykv

Smash Master
Pokken has such a lack of characters, it's ridiculously frustrating. Not a single Hitmon- character, no Primeape, Scizor, Ursaring, Sandslash, Nidoking/Queen, Khang, or any other Pokemon I was really hoping would be added haha.

I too believe another character will be announced soon. I think it certainly had to be delayed. Wolf would have to be my bet for sure. His name has to be high on the ballot, and Sakurai obviously doesn't mind adding back cut veterans, because he's said before how he apologized for cutting them. He is probably happy that he can add back Wolf.
Maybe they don't want a Hitmon- character because they lack "moveset potential that don't be boring"? I don't know really.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Maybe they don't want a Hitmon- character because they lack "moveset potential that don't be boring"? I don't know really.
I mean Hitmontop would be so cool for sure. This game literally seemed made for the classic fighting Pokemon. Remember that Pokemon Episode? Primeape, Hitmonlee, and Hitmonchan should have been first along with Machamp.

I wish Capcom was working on this instead, especially since I prefer UMvC3's gameplay over what Tekken I've played.

But enough with talking about different fighting games.

I'd like to discuss Rhythm Heaven. Who here agrees that it was Wrestler and Reporter planned instead of the Chorus Men?

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I mean Hitmontop would be so cool for sure. This game literally seemed made for the classic fighting Pokemon. Remember that Pokemon Episode? Primeape, Hitmonlee, and Hitmonchan should have been first along with Machamp.

I wish Capcom was working on this instead, especially since I prefer UMvC3's gameplay over what Tekken I've played.

But enough with talking about different fighting games.

I'd like to discuss Rhythm Heaven. Who here agrees that it was Wrestler and Reporter planned instead of the Chorus Men?
Well... the Chrom's issues practically confirms that the Chorus Men was considered in some point... But we don't know exactly when and why they was scrapped.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hitmontop is based on the martial art capeira(?) Which is used by Tekken's own Eddie Gordo so he'd fit right in within the game but at the same time they might very well be picky with fighting types since the currently small roster already has three fighting types...

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well... the Chrom's issues practically confirms that the Chorus Men was considered in some point... But we don't know exactly when and why they was scrapped.
No it doesn't. Chrom never was truly considered by Sakurai for Gematsu to leak him. In the slides for when he pitched the plan for Smash 4, Robin was already on them.

Troykv

Smash Master
No it doesn't. Chrom never was truly considered by Sakurai for Gematsu to leak him. In the slides for when he pitched the plan for Smash 4, Robin was already on them.
Oh? If actually nothing is true I would be really surprised with the weird predictions that Gematsu's Leak did.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
I just realise the Art Academy series has been becoming a popular franchise, and one that nintendo likes to advertise. similarly to Wii Fit Trainer her franchise has more appeal to the casual fans, but at the same time, he would be a fun as a silly character I think. He got a trophy and a song (Swan's Song) in the Wii U version. I believe he will be a strong candidate in the next installment. :4duckhunt:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I just realise the Art Academy series has been becoming a popular franchise, and one that nintendo likes to advertise. similarly to Wii Fit Trainer her franchise has more appeal to the casual fans, but at the same time, he would be a fun as a silly character I think. He got a trophy and a song (Swan's Song) in the Wii U version. I believe he will be a strong candidate in the next installment. :4duckhunt:

Interesting. I guess you could say he would be the Wii Fit Trainer, and someone out of the considered melee retros could be the Duck Hunt of the game.

I love me some retros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom