• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Is there any other Costume that you want to give to your favorite characters?
:4olimar: -
Why this was cut from Brawl instead of the green suit is a mystery to me.
:4zss:-

:4samus:-
Not sure how this would match the Power Suit's hurtboxes, but I think it can practically work.

Donkey Kong is not a favorite of mine, but he should have gotten a unique costume by now.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Other alts
:4bowser: - Dry Bowser, Dark Bowser (just change his Mohawk on the existing Dark Bowser colour), Strikers outfit
:4charizard: - Armour
:4dedede: - Masked DeDeDe
:4diddy: - Strikers outfit
:4dk: - Leo Luster, Funky Kong, Strikers outfit
:4ganondorf: - Hyrule Warriors look
:4link: - Hyrule Warriors look
:4lucina: - Yukata
:4luigi: - Mr L, Strikers outfit
:4mario: - Sunshine Short sleeves, Jacket and Sunglasses, Strikers outfit
:4mewtwo: - Armour
:4olimar: - Louie, President, Brittany, Charlie
:4pacman: - MS Pac-Man
:4peach: - Tennis outfit, Strikers outfit
:4robinf: - Hooded
:4samus: - Fusion Suit
:4sheik: - Hyrule Warriors look
:4shulk: - Some of the other armour types like the Hunter, Eryth and Makna armours.
:4wario2: - Strikers outfit
:4yoshi: - Strikers outfit
:4zelda: - Hyrule Warriors look
:4zss: - Justin Bailey

Other weapon types for a start. Claws and Palms come to mind. He needs to look more visually different too.
How about the Uprising sequel? After another 25 years
I can;t believe you forgot to mention this:

c_b_peach-.png

:(

StormC

Smash Hero
I want cross-company costumes, like Ganondorf with M. Bison's outfit and Zero Suit Samus dressed up as Bayonetta.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Alt. Costumes?

•Shadow colored Sonic. (Just the color scheme, not the other asthetic differences to differentiate the character from the Assist)
•Vaati colored Toon Link.
•A Batman inspired Captain Falcon color scheme. Black helmet, gloves, boots, scarf. Grey suit. Yellow buttons and belt.
•Dry Bowser (though it may not work as well with his new posture)
•I want "Sailor Wario" back.

Among others.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I want cross-company costumes, like Ganondorf with M. Bison's outfit and Zero Suit Samus dressed up as Bayonetta.
I want a Lucario alt that resembles Amaterasu.
Basically a white Lucario with Ammy's stylized fur puffs on his arms and legs, her markings, and her Divine Instrument above his back.

If Wonder Red got into Smash, well...I think it goes without saying who he'd have an alt of.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just realized.

Remember when Sakurai said that Lucas and Roy were popular characters from Melee and Brawl respectively?

What if the reason was because he's looking for characters in certain categories?

For example...

Overall popular character: :4mewtwo:(plus that he's a veteran)
Brawl veteran::4lucas:
Melee veteran: :4feroy:
Third Party Character: :4ryu:

What if the remaining ballot characters were simply going to be chosen from a certain type that they are looking for?

For example, let's say that they're interested in...

Zelda Character: Impa
New Series: Isaac
Retro Character: Lip
Another Overall Popular Character: Wolf

Am I on to something here or?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just realized.

Remember when Sakurai said that Lucas and Roy were popular characters from Melee and Brawl respectively?

What if the reason was because he's looking for characters in certain categories?

For example...

What if the remaining ballot characters were simply going to be chosen from a certain type that they are looking for?

There's not enough to go on to follow this line of thinking too close.
It seems especially odd that'd specifically WANT to choose a character they don't own. I feel like Ryu was chosen for much different reasons.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Leaving this here to stir stuff up for tomorrow's discussion!
Alright, I'll bite;

I don't think it means anything.

Honestly I don't trust the IMDB at all and I'm leaning more towards an overly zealous Shantae fan trying to cause a stir by editing the page than I am a legit leak, but I guess time will tell.

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
One thing that's always bothered me about Lucina's model in Smash 4.
Why is her hair so short? Palutena's reaches down to her feet, what's her excuse?
I prefer it that way honestly, but that might be just because I'm a sucker for shorter hair on girls.

The best hairstyle in the game, however, belongs to :4ganondorf:, with :snake: and :4bowser: being close seconds.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/nintendo_is_licensing_hudson_soft_ip_from_konami

Well, I think Bomberman's chances might've just skyrocketed... No, the licensed Hudson Soft IP is not Bomberman, but if they're willing to license out Momotaro Dentetsu...
Not sure if it makes it THAT much more likely, I mean Bomberman isn't active as an IP right now. (Not even in a half-baked way like Mega Man)

Still, it means there shouldn't be any obstacles if Bomberman performs well in the ballot. (I'm not sure if he will though, there will probably be a number of 3rd parties ahead of him)

I wouldn't say no to Bomberman though. I supported him quite a bit back during Brawl speculation.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Aww, I'm flattered Logo.

Represent!

I'd like to think I do a good job of that anyways, heh.
Eh, you definitely deserve this. Being the first person I see on the board who campaigned for Krystal, can always response to stuff in the calmest way possible, you really did a good job leading the Krystal thread(?).

(or actually i just see you having a krystal avatar so i automatically thought of you. at first i almost went for ianthegamer lel)

Leaving this here to stir stuff up for tomorrow's discussion!
Again like I've said, this sounds more like a vandalism than anything close to a leak.

D

Deleted member

I was actually kind of bummed when MK's voice wasn't Spanish in Smash, granted, he sounds badass, but Japan kept the Seiyuu
Agreed.
I was disappointed by the lack of Zorro Knight and King Foghorn Leghorn at first.

But the concept that a Darth Vader-like voice is coming from something that in reality looks like a blue Kirby completely makes up for that. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Wow.. They fall so down... I'm wonder about that could think the Snake's and Bomberman's fanbase about this.
Speaking as a Bomberman fan; YES. THANK GOD. NOW SAVE BOMBERMAN AND BLOODY ROAR TOO NINTENDO. YOU ARE OUR FINAL HOPE.

Seriously; Konami have done so little with Bomberman, a fairly big star in the video game world it's entirely embarrassing. As a UK citizen, his name carried more weight than Megaman's ever did, if someone who wants to actually use the IP gets a hold of it, I'll be absolutely overjoyed.

Not even if Nintendo buys them just for the Smash Bros. eventual inclusion either, I'll just be happy I'll be able to have a blast with my friends again.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking as a Bomberman fan; YES. THANK GOD. NOW SAVE BOMBERMAN AND BLOODY ROAR TOO NINTENDO. YOU ARE OUR FINAL HOPE.

Seriously; Konami have done so little with Bomberman, a fairly big star in the video game world it's entirely embarrassing. As a UK citizen, his name carried more weight than Megaman's ever did, if someone who wants to actually use the IP gets a hold of it, I'll be absolutely overjoyed.

Not even if Nintendo buys them just for the Smash Bros. eventual inclusion either, I'll just be happy I'll be able to have a blast with my friends again.
Outside of cancelling a 3DS game, what has Konami done with Bomberman?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Outside of cancelling a 3DS game, what has Konami done with Bomberman?
Apparently released two versions of the original game on iOS according to Wikipedia.

*slow clap* Well done Konami. Well done.

Anyone here support Samurai Goroh. I kinda just want to talk about him. Haven't really had a discussion about Samurai Goroh at all. If you do, talk to me in the Goroh support thread.
Yo. Right here. Samurai Goroh fan. I haven't got the best knowledge of F-Zero as a whole, but Goroh is a character who endears me greatly. Heading over now.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I was too busy reading the comments. Spoilers; It escalated fast.

Still, one thing I'm ashamed to admit I didn't know that I read in the comments; they sold Rare for 375 Million and brought Retro for 1 million?

Providing that's genuinely true, I think it's obvious, Tim Stamper, why they didn't buy you back.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
BOMBERMAN CONFIRMED FOR SSB4!!!!

Seriously though, if Snake didn't get in, why would Bomberman? Keep in mind that they're only licensing their IPs, not selling them.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I just realized.

For example...

Good theory, but I really hope not. Why make a ballot at all if they're going to write off all the characters who don't fit into the precise boxes they want?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I just realized.

For example...

Personally, this is how I see it:

:4mewtwo:: Fan favorite
:4lucas:: Fan favorite
:4feroy:: Fan favorite
:4ryu:: Fighting game legend

I'm not convinced that these characters are chosen to fulfill arbitrary categories.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Sakurai has specified that all future additions will be decided through favouritism, right? That would knock out potential categorized additions right there. Then again, it's Sakurai, who could show up tomorrow with three different versions of Ridley.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Sakurai has specified that all future additions will be decided through favouritism, right? That would knock out potential categorized additions right there. Then again, it's Sakurai, who could show up tomorrow with three different versions of Ridley.
...What, I don't remember that
I remember something along the lines of "It's all fanservice from here on"

Three versions of Ridley would be neat But I'd prefer a worthwhile Ridley be included in the first place

Troykv

Smash Master
How so likeable do you think is the possibility to see a character no so popular? And appears a character choosed more for his/her interesting game-style or another reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom