• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh I dont want Koonami in smash they are super worst than Capcom.
Oh ok. So, your not particularly against Snake, just Konami in general?

I ask because multiple other fan favorite characters are from Konami. Including Bomberman, Simon Belmont, and others.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
No Brash the Bear?

0/10 Would not buy.

Sorry Brash, but Dixie managed to beat your record again. Thus making you completely ineligible to be in Smash. :p

One a side note, why does that silly old bear has his own support thread again? Unless he's one of those characters relevant because of a running gag of some sort.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hit the nail right on the head. It's a joke Azure is determined to never let die. It's at least only isolated to Smashboards.

I still say DK series icon was a better joke.
Just be glad that you didn't check out the things he post on YouTube. Ever since the day he used the Feature Length face as his avatar, he started acting like a completely different person just to entertain the Nintendo fanbase (even to the point where people miss him having that as his avatar when he picks a new one). Dong jokes, lots and lots of dong jokes.

So more or less, he takes the most popular thing and runs with it until it becomes a part of his identity like most meme yanks. See, even as his love I can see through his flaws like a book. At least I actually be myself on Google+ instead of fishing for laughs.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Slender? Expect more Miiverse posts that say "Slenderman 4 Smash!".

Just be glad that you didn't check out the things he post on YouTube. Ever since the day he used the Feature Length face as his avatar, he started acting like a completely different person just to entertain the Nintendo fanbase (even to the point where people miss him having that as his avatar when he picks a new one). Dong jokes, lots and lots of dong jokes.

So more or less, he takes the most popular thing and runs with it until it becomes a part of his identity like most meme yanks. See, even as his love I can see through his flaws like a book. At least I actually be myself on Google+ instead of fishing for laughs.

Why you do this? That was completely uncalled for and chances are that they will see for themselves later. ;_;

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
The thing that bugs me about Ashley is that while she's a fan favorite she wasn't introduced into the Warioware series until the 4th installment, same goes for Isabelle with Animal Crossing. They're both fan favorites, but Jimmy T. and Tom Nook are more important to their series in general, so who do you go for, the more important/prominent character, or the popular choice?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think we can all agree that the 2-repped Starfox, DK and Metroid franchises need a new character in Smash.

But if only one could be added as DLC, which series would you like to get the upgrade & why?

I think we can all agree that the 2-repped Starfox, DK and Metroid franchises need a new character in Smash.

But if only one could be added as DLC, which series would you like to get the upgrade & why?
Metroid because i love ridley beyond all else thta isnt viridi.

If it has to be anyone else (as much as i like Dark Samus) i would probably pick DK. Dixie and k rool are both great options and i dont care much for wolf or krystal (i do like slippy though)

ErenJager

Smash Champion

F-Zero too... Earthbound has two reps and it's more dead than F-Zero

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Star Fox. Wolf and Krystal are my number one and two choices for DLC. Ridley would be amazing to see, but I don't know who would be the second pick. Sylux or Dark Samus maybe? As for King K. Rool and Dixie Kong, I have no attachment or liking towards them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The thing that bugs me about Ashley is that while she's a fan favorite she wasn't introduced into the Warioware series until the 4th installment, same goes for Isabelle with Animal Crossing. They're both fan favorites, but Jimmy T. and Tom Nook are more important to their series in general, so who do you go for, the more important/prominent character, or the popular choice?
Is this going to be Rosalina VS Peach again? I'd prefer Ashley because everyone loves her and magic. I'd rather have magic than disco. Disco died ages ago. I agree Tom Nook would be better than Isabelle, but only because I want to see Tom Nook bust some kneecaps

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Is this going to be Rosalina VS Peach again? I'd prefer Ashley because everyone loves her and magic. I'd rather have magic than disco. Disco died ages ago. I agree Tom Nook would be better than Isabelle, but only because I want to see Tom Nook bust some kneecaps
I'd like the pirate girl.

Though I don't think Wario is in a huge need for a new rep.

Reminder for like the twelve-billionth time that we play characters not reps. <3
and that reps and repping is a stupid idea over-inflated by this fanbase.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'd like the pirate girl.

Though I don't think Wario is in a huge need for a new rep.
Captain Syrup was in Wario Land, not happening. ****ing shoulder bash being removed...

Which franchise needs another character? You said new so that's not Wolf. As much as love Metroid and think it's superior to DK, unless I get to choose the character, it's gonna be DK. It's one of Nintendo's best sellers yet it has pretty much nothing

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok. So, your not particularly against Snake, just Konami in general?

I ask because multiple other fan favorite characters are from Konami. Including Bomberman, Simon Belmont, and others.
I wont mind Snake back but I need Rayman first.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I wont mind Snake back but I need Rayman first.
I actually think Snake was added to Smash too early. IMO, he should be after Megaman & Pacman however if that was to happen and this Konami thing would still happen, he may not have been put into Sm4sh either so IDK.

I wouldn't mind Snake before Rayman, but I want Rayman more. Here's my top 3rd party choices in order.

5.Dragon Quest Hero or Slime
4.Snake
3.Rayman
2.Bayonetta
1.Shantae

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

DK is the one most in need from those in my viewpoint, so I'd give it them.
I mean, on one hand you have a fanbase (DK) that's bought over 70 million copies of your games, they got a new stage, and three returning ones, but nothing character wise, on the other hand you've got Fire Emblem that bought around 15-16 million copies, whom got a fully unique character, a clone, a returning veteran (semi-clone) two new stages, and one returning stage. I don't think sales are the end all be all, but it just kind of feels wrong to me that they essentially gave the Fire Emblem fanbase this awesome, super cool, V.I.P. service and this absolutely gigantic fanbase that's partially the reason (Donkey Kong on the Arcade and Country games) Nintendo's so successful gets practically nothing in the character department. I don't know, it just feels kind of mean to the DK fanbase to keep them waiting any longer, not that I don't feel like Metroid and Star Fox are deserving, but I feel like DK being as iconic as it is just really, really needs it at this point.

Out of curiosity, how long do you guys and gals think it is too the next piece of Smash news? A day, a week, two weeks, a month, Smash U's release date, the Holidays, or even later?

(We doing this)
Top 5 3rd parties
5. Undyne Original Spyro (no skylanders BS)
4. Snake
3. Viewtiful Joe
2. Phoenix Wright
1. Agnes Oblige/Edea Lee (bravely default) so. much. moveset potential. Also bravely default music is some of the best in gaming history.

Rayman and Crash get honorable mentions.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My guess, is that its a LOT of security fixes.
All things considered, I doubt it. This has probably been planned for a long time, they probably barely know about the leaks yet, and even if they did, they don't have time to figure out how people got the data. This is probably something else they've had planned for some time already.

I could be wrong, but I highly doubt they can have that quick of a turnover rate on this kind of thing.

DK hands down, no questions asked. 5th best selling real Nintendo franchise, 6th if you count the fad Mii games from the Wii generation. Massive popularity and sales dating back to the SNES games. The Donkey Kong games were pretty good as well and is what brought Nintendo into the limelight, but DKC is the real start of the DK IP. And Returns revived DKC to a total of 6m in one single game, with the 3DS remake/port receiving 1.68m, which in of itself means that the port even sold more than the saviors of the Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus IP's. And Returns alone sold more than the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Future DKC and DK games will likely gradually bring back the rest of the DKC characters and animal buddies, and DK has quite the extended cast.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Donkey Kong.

Then Metroid...

And then Star Fox.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Found a new poll! Vote for who you voted for.
http://aianmoo16.com/2015/10/15/poll-smash-ballot/

Also, I never really answered my own question. I would also say Donkey Kong, because it's a really recognizable series and I have 2 obvious characters that I'd like to be included in the game. (Dixie + K.Rool if you somehow don't know XD)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom