• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The weaponry respawns at such a high rate it doesn't matter though...
It's still critical to manage your weapons adequately and pay attention. I've seen Robins heavily neutered if not defenseless without certain tomes, lacking kill power without a Levin Sword, and that's without getting into accidental suicide by running out of Elwind uses.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Lol was he really? Based on what?
Which is a dumb comparison, because nobody likes Trump; especially when he's running for president. K.Rool has a lot of supporters of their own volition, so they don't compare that way. :p

I was the one that made the comparison.

Trump and King K are both kinds of newcomers, they both have wacky personalities, both are "frontrunners" when it comes to the ballot, both are widley talked about and get a large amount of attention when talking about the ballot. Many people are vocal about how they either really like him, or how they would rather not have him.

That's like 5 or similarities.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I'm not a citizen in the USA but isn't Trump a frontrunner? Anyway, both are looneys
We're talking about the same country who's citizens wanted to rename French Fries into Freedom Fries, are paranoid of Middle Eastern families to the point where their kids can't even make clocks without having the police called on them and where gun violence is almost an everyday occurance.

Their frontrunning canidates aren't going to be logical. :p

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I am still thinking we have Wolf, Snake and Dixie (if we only get three spots).

Those characters would take much less time to implement overall. It's not like they aren't also working on balances and new stages as well.

You do need to save some heavy hitter characters for 5mash - K.Rool, Inklings, and (captain) Toad would be examples. Otherwise, you lose a lot of the pre-5mash hype potential.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I am still thinking we have Wolf, Snake and Dixie (if we only get three spots).

Those characters would take much less time to implement overall. It's not like they aren't also working on balances and new stages as well.

You do need to save some heavy hitter characters for 5mash - K.Rool, Inklings, and (captain) Toad would be examples. Otherwise, you lose a lot of the pre-5mash hype potential.
The thing about Dixie is that she doesn't have the immense ballot support of K.Rool. She's big, but not near K.Rool in terms of fan support. If Sakurai sees how big support for K.Rool is, there's incentive for him to work out something for K.Rool over Dixie who, while easier to create a model for, would not be quite as big a bombshell as K.Rool.

And I don't think Snake's returning no matter what we do; Sakurai probably won't want to touch Snake unless Kojima's involved. In fact, I don't think we're getting anything related to Konami this game. Wolf is pretty possible, and I think he could happen; it's just that will he?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I was the one that made the comparison.

Trump and King K are both kinds of newcomers, they both have wacky personalities, both are "frontrunners" when it comes to the ballot, both are widley talked about and get a large amount of attention when talking about the ballot. Many people are vocal about how they either really like him, or how they would rather not have him.

That's like 5 or similarities.
I made the comparison between K. Rool and Hillary in my thread, may as well copy my rationale into here too. Both are frontrunner candidates who have been running for a long time, both with a boatload of credentials (and with "cold" personalities) but with a handful of detractors whining about how "boring" they are and making attacks based on their appearance. Some also mope that "people only support them because they're a woman/villain/DK rep." Both also lack unified support among their bases, with factions breaking off to support Klubba or Bernie Sanders.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We're talking about the same country who's citizens wanted to rename French Fries into Freedom Fries, are paranoid of Middle Eastern families to the point where their kids can't even make clocks without having the police called on them and where gun violence is almost an everyday occurance.

Their frontrunning canidates aren't going to be logical. :p
I like you.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I made the comparison between K. Rool and Hillary in my thread, may as well copy my rationale into here too. Both are frontrunner candidates who have been running for a long time, both with a boatload of credentials (and with "cold" personalities) but with a handful of detractors whining about how "boring" they are and making attacks based on their appearance. Some also mope that "people only support them because they're a woman/villain/DK rep." Both also lack unified support among their bases, with factions breaking off to support Klubba or Bernie Sanders.
I see what you mean. I think the reason I picked Trump is because Im Republican. But don't worry I don't plan on voting for Trump. I did however vote for King K.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I love the fact we're comparing politicians to super villains.
You missed it when the K. Rool thread drew parallels to Nintendo Villains and the powers of WWII.

Porky was Hitler, K. Rool was Stalin, :4ganondorf: was Tojo, :4bowser: was Mussolini, and :4dedede:was whoever the leader of Spain was who basically was a joke for actual power and his nation was a testing ground for everyone else's weaponry.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
You missed it when the K. Rool thread drew parallels to Nintendo Villains and the powers of WWII.

Porky was Hitler, K. Rool was Stalin, :4ganondorf: was Tojo, :4bowser: was Mussolini, and :4dedede:was whoever the leader of Spain was who basically was a joke for actual power and his nation was a testing ground for everyone else's weaponry.
Technically, it was Ridley who got the Hitler comparison as well...and honestly he fits Hitler better than Porky anyways. He is Hitler in terms of goals; he's a genocidal leader of an army who wants to wipe out all he deems inferior to him.

He's basically Space Dragon Hitler. :p

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
This thread has officially run out of on-topic things to talk about xD Nintendo pls give us something

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I still think that a leek would be a funny character to add to Smash.

Just to see everyone's reaction to a real leek.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Technically, it was Ridley who got the Hitler comparison as well...and honestly he fits Hitler better than Porky anyways. He is Hitler in terms of goals; he's a genocidal leader of an army who wants to wipe out all he deems inferior to him.

And when you're narcissistic enough to make a robot of yourself
Everyone is inferior

Burruni

Smash Hero

But Porky is like... actually based on Hilter.
That was moreso the point. (Well... similar to The Emperor, and the Stormtroopers of Star Wars who in themselves were discount Nazis)
Plus the entire Magypsies -> gypsies -> jews line isn't any kind of straw grasping.

And the irony of his plans being trumped by an Aryan boy.

And when you're narcissistic enough to make a robot of yourself
Everyone is inferior
You mean Porky's army of robots based on his childhood self?

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
You mean Porky's army of robots based on his childhood self?
He uses them to blow people up
Ridley was making his perfect scale with all the features and more
Ridley is waaay more narcissistic than Porky

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I see what you mean. I think the reason I picked Trump is because Im Republican. But don't worry I don't plan on voting for Trump. I did however vote for King K.
Yeah, I'm not making the comparison based on political beliefs at all. It's just, from where I'm sitting, Trump is essentially a loud distraction from the actual GOP candidates, who really excites a faction of the party, but isn't taken seriously everywhere else. He's analogous to K. Rool in being a larger-than-life, charismatic figure with an interesting headpiece, but in terms of Smash, I'd say he's more of a Banjo in terms of support vs. chances. There's also a "take back" element to both candidates...Trump in "taking back" America and Banjo in Nintendo "taking back" their old IP from Microsoft.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481

Ridley is a pirate, so he seems more like a Saddam Hussein to me. Just a tyrant who tries to take whatever he wants.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Both K. Rool and Hillary both support long wars, but at least K. Rool is fictional. Go Bernie! #feelthebern

I do support the king of the kremlings though. I should put a King K. Rool bumper sticker under by Bernie Sanders one.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
No news for several months...

And now, we discuss how Video Game Villains compare to real life politicians.

X8Ufi_zps62cda975.gif

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I am probably the only one here who would like to see FalKoopa FalKoopa as a DLC fighter to represent the real world.

It'll never happen, but I can dream right?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Someone tagged me?

So what's the top--
Guh. Talk about something different, please. Real life political debate is the last thing I want to see here.

:231:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Someone tagged me?

So what's the top--
Guh. Talk about something different, please. Real life political debate is the last thing I want to see here.

:231:

Hey nobody's talked about Lip in awhile
she's cute
I'd like a character who could sap enemy health with constant flowers

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I think Muddy Mole could be cool.

Digging and traps? Yes please.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Smash needs more villain characters.