• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
The thing about Dixie is that she doesn't have the immense ballot support of K.Rool. She's big, but not near K.Rool in terms of fan support. If Sakurai sees how big support for K.Rool is, there's incentive for him to work out something for K.Rool over Dixie who, while easier to create a model for, would not be quite as big a bombshell as K.Rool.

And I don't think Snake's returning no matter what we do; Sakurai probably won't want to touch Snake unless Kojima's involved. In fact, I don't think we're getting anything related to Konami this game. Wolf is pretty possible, and I think he could happen; it's just that will he?
About Dixie - I agree, but think they need to leave some bombshells for 5mash. K.Rool would be one of them.

Konami is releasing Konami Krazy Racers on the EU Shop soon. This shows they are still working together somewhat, in addition to the recent Snake 3DS theme. Plus Kojima just said they didn't ask him - doesn't mean they didn't ask Konami. ;)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Bandana Dee and Inklings get released with Urchin Underpass and Fountain of Dreams as stages with some Mii Costumes and an item from Splatoon, which is the Inkzooka, and trophies of Callie and Marrie. Now how would that be as DLC?

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Chibi-Robo will be a character, Nintendo has been advertising the character often recently.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I wonder if Chibi-Robo will be a character, Nintendo has been advertising the character often recently.
Only because of Zip-Lash being Chibi's last chance. That fails the little bot goes bye-bye which is likely due to the mistreatment the series has had.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Zip Lash has gotten about 14000 sales so far. RIP Chibi and any chance he had in Smash
I honestly didn't know of this game and character, just been reading Nintendo's twitter and websites.

Edit: Oh wait, it's the game haha.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Zip Lash has gotten about 14000 sales so far.
Ouch. So his series is probably going to get canned, that must suck for his fanbase, they have my sympathy.
Bandana Dee and Inklings get released with Urchin Underpass and Fountain of Dreams as stages with some Mii Costumes and an item from Splatoon, which is the Inkzooka, and trophies of Callie and Marrie. Now how would that be as DLC?
Bandana Dee and Fountain of Dreams alone would make that God-Tier DLC in my eyes.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Well it's not like Zip-Lash was in a position like FE Awakening
That... we know of.

I really hope that Chibi dying was a bluff. Nintendo doesn't have enough active IP as it is and Chibi clearly has some potential. It getting killed off because Nintendo forgot how to advertise again and general series mistreatment would be highly unfortunate.

It would also essentially kill any chance of getting in chance. Sad he got a trophy and everything in the 3DS only to dissapear.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Zip Lash has gotten about 14000 sales so far. RIP Chibi and any chance he had in Smash
That reminds me, the other day I went to Wal-Mart to see if I could get the game in support of the series, there are ads everywhere, the game's isn't there. So I ask the clerk, "Hey, do you know where Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash is?" He responds, "Oh it should be here tomorrow." So I leave, and it's not there the next day.
(Well it is the same store that charges Metroid Other M for 60$)

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Zip Lash was a bust because they tried to do non-sensical things with the gamplay, for example the level select wheel. They also failed to use really any of Chibi's tools. They really blew it with Zip Lash.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Zip Lash was a bust because they tried to do non-sensical things with the gamplay, for example the level select wheel. They also failed to use really any of Chibi's tools. They really blew it with Zip Lash.
Another thing is that it looks like your average generic platformer, Chibi still jumps on enemies, collects items, and more. It doesn't refine the platform genera at all.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, if Nintendo actually wanted to save Chibi-Robo they would have made him a pre-ballot character for Smash, pushed his game to the holiday season in addition to a heavy marketing effort starting with the next possible Nintendo Direct.

Furret24

Smash Master
That reminds me, the other day I went to Wal-Mart to see if I could get the game in support of the series, there are ads everywhere, the game's isn't there. So I ask the clerk, "Hey, do you know where Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash is?" He responds, "Oh it should be here tomorrow." So I leave, and it's not there the next day.
(Well it is the same store that charges Metroid Other M for 60$)
When a store clerk lies to you about a game you want.

:gawmelee:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
They should've just HD-ified the first Chibi-Robo, now THAT was fun

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'll pass on both Fountain of Dreams, Urchin Underpass, and the item.

Replace the stages with Pictochat and Inkopolis respectively, and that might not be bad.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Honestly Nintendo needs to start putting Nintendo GameCube games on the Wii U Virtual Console and make Chibi-Robo one of the first releases.

I barely knew about the series growing up because it turns out it was barely advertised AND there were very few copies made available for sale, judging by used copies online being VERY expensive. As a Wonderful 101 fan I can very much sympathize.

However, I was also able to play The Wonderful 101 because Nintendo put the game on the eShop, so people could at least buy the game digitally, which is what I did. Turns out digital sales vastly outnumber physical sales for the game. While the game still didn't make too much money, it's worth considering.

If Nintendo does the same thing with Chibi-Robo by putting Nintendo GameCube games for sale on its eShop as well, then they can at the very least allow fans better availability for the game.

And GameCube games being on the eShop in general would be great. I missed out on too many great games on that system, like Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and F-Zero GX, and if they released a game for it every 1 or 2 weeks then if they plan on not giving us any Smash news then it could definitely hold us over.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
What if this Friday we get a character, that coincides with the launch of a certain 3DS title launching in Europe and Australia....

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
I'd want to hope for Kirby Air Ride being offered on Gamecube VC, but I get this sad feeling that neither Nintendo nor Hal acknowledge the game's existence.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I dare not say it aloud for it is a great taboo.

Honestly, I have no problem with a Dragon Ball Z character making it into Smash. I know the notion has become memetic to a great extent. The only issue I have with the idea is that Goku is not the most ideal character. After watching that trailer, I believe that Nappa or Zarbon are superior choices. I am not biased in the least; nope, I deny any such allegations.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Goku for Smash? More like Luckyman for Smash! Lucky cookie manjiaki! :awesome:

Here's the perfect candidate:
Awwww, Medusa would be the perfect Kid Icarus newcomer for Smash and I never hated Dark Pit to begin with. Still didn't like how they shoved her aside in Uprising just to give all the spotlight to Jaydes errrrr.... Hades.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Hypothetically speaking if there was an anime character, besides pokemon....
Who would be the most iconic?
I'm thinking Goku...

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm thinking Goku...
Goku is certainly the most iconic in the West; however, I am not sure if he maintains that same level of prominence in the East were anime as a medium is more prevalent and/or respected. However, hypothetically speaking, if I had to guess my guess would definitely be Goku.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Goku is certainly the most iconic in the West; however, I am not sure if he maintains that same level of prominence in the East were anime as a medium is more prevalent and/or respected. However, hypothetically speaking, if I had to guess my guess would definitely be Goku.
I started watching this one anime called one punch man, gotta admit, I liked it. Figured i'd share... i think it's a jump anime...
One Punch Man for smash! i can't believe the discussion has come to this.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm thinking Goku...
While characters like Astro Boy and Doraemon were considered iconic since the olden days of anime, Goku is much more well known on an international level. Even the latter's anime was finally dubbed for Disney XD and views had been dropping since the first season. As for Astro Boy's flaws, it's more that his last movie was a box office failure and his 2003 was considered more memorable to Westerners than the original black and white anime.

We have now legitimately discussed anime characters, optimus prime, Goku, and i'm sure i'm forgetting more ridiculous characters. We desperately need news.

Luffy or bust

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Inb4 Gegege no Kitaro is the most iconic anime/manga character.

I think Hello Kitty is the most iconic anime character.
Hello Kitty would be totes OP. I would main that adorable bobtail all day long if she were playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom