• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You know... a Pro Wrestling character could work... this character could be based on all the wrestlers from the NES game. Yes, this character uses the traditional wrestling moves but he also uses the signature moves of the Pro Wrestling characters. The default character is Starman... but his alternate costumes are the other wrestlers just like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings.

Default - Starman
Alt 1 - Fighter Hayabusa
Alt 2 - Kin Corn Karn
Alt 3 - Giant Panther
Alt 4 - The Amazon
Alt 5 - King Slender
Alt 6 - Great Puma
Alt 7 - The Referee (because why not? :troll:)

Even more awesome would be the different wrestlers on the character select screen doing the same poses like in the NES game.

You do realize that he is a high flying luchador. Not everyone in that game has the ability to do what he does. In my detailed moveset in the Star Man thread (totally shameless plugs) I have him use an assortment of wrestling moves that I think fits him. Plus Amazon is a heel (bad guy) and does heelish moves while Star Man is a face (good guy), therefore Star Man will not break his character to bite or choke his opponents.

Also Three ATs becoming playable:
Samurai Goroh: F-Zero needs another rep and he's the best choice.
Tingle: Reoccurring character in the Zelda series and he da best.
Starfy: He's ****ing awesome. Legendary Status (joke game strong).
Here's a good question.

If you had to add three series that debuted in each decade that Nintendo has been a thing, what would you add?

So....

1980s: Advance Wars, Mysterious Muramase Castle, Excite Bike
1990s: Mole Mania, Custom Robo, Panel de Pon
2000s: Golden Sun, Chibi Robo, Rhythm Heaven
2010s: Splatoon, Wonderful 101, Dillon's Rolling Western
1980s: Pro Wrestling, Yuyuki, Excite Bike
1990s: Custom Robo, Panel de Pon, Pilotwings
2000s: Golden Sun, Chibi-Robo, Captain Rainbow
2010s: Splatoon, Wonderful 101, Pushmo

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Pretty sure I'm the only person that's left out Splatoon from the "3 series from decades Nintendo was making games during" thing.
:shades:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Does anyone know wich company holds the rights of Ark from terranigma?
I just played that game and it was so great, maybe one of my all-time favourites.
And i would like to know if the main charcter would ever have a chance to get in as 'retro character'.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I just played that game and it was so great, maybe one of my all-time favourites.
And i would like to know if the main charcter would ever have a chance to get in as 'retro character'.
Published by Square Enix in Japan, Nintendo in PAL regions.

Literally never heard of the character so I'm staying out of any chance discussions.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wikipedia says (Square) Enix published the game in Japan, while Nintendo published it everywhere else.
Logic dictates Square Enix ultimately holds the rights.
So...probably not. Probably better luck getting a Terranigma song or two if a Final Fantasy character gets in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Here's a good question.

If you had to add three series that debuted in each decade that Nintendo has been a thing, what would you add?
In my case, I am doing 3 Nintendo franchises and 1 third-party franchise per decade.

1980s
Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Track Meet from World Class Track Meet
Infantry Unit from Advance Wars series
Simon Belmont from Castlevania series

1990s
Mike Jones from StarTropics series
Lip from Puzzle League series
Muddy from Mole Mania
Banjo-Kazooie from Banjo-Kazooie series

2000s
Isaac from Golden Sun series
Chibi-Robo from Chibi-Robo! series
Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven series
Shantae from Shantae series

2010s
Wandering Heroes from StreetPass Mii Plaza
Mallo from Pushmo
Inkling from Splatoon
Shovel Knight from Shovel Knight

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
NEWS (you probably know)
Incoming new Mii Fighter Costume and Stage
Announced Stage:
  1. 64 Hyrule Castle
  2. 64 Peach's Castle
Announced Mii Costume:
  1. King K Rool (!)
  2. Chrom
More to come tomorrow.

Also a bit of a quote of myself translating, since I think it will be useful not just for Wolf's community, but affects the whole DLC thing
[おしらせ]7月31日(金)の午前に、WiiU版/3DS版のアップデートを実施いたします。 WiiU版の大会機能、リプレイ投稿機能に加え、有料追加コンテンツ(Miiファイターコスチューム、ステージ)の配信をいたします。

[News] On July 31 in the morning, the Wii U and 3DS version will receive updates. Wii U Tourney mode, Replay Uploading will be added, and paid additional content (Mii fighter costume, Stage) will be distributed.​

今回のアップデートで追加されるMiiファイターコスチュームは本日ご紹介したものだけではありません! 明日も引き続き、本アカウントでご紹介いたしますので、お楽しみに!

We haven't covered all Mii Fighter Costumes in this wave today yet! We'll continue tomorrow, to introduce more in this account. Have fun *insert Sakurai trollface*!
Basically:
  1. We're only having Twitter announcements this time, it seems
  2. The wave of terror Mii Fighters are not even done yet, so there's stuff to worry
  3. Nintendo apparently thought people will be happy with a K Rool costume

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord

Uh-oh.

Let's hope this means K. Rool's chances aren't really dead.

Also a bonus for Chrom fans:

Edit: oh I guess someone beat me to it, but here are the tweets of the costumes anyway.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

Uh-oh.

Also a bonus for Chrom fans:

Edit: oh I guess someone beat me to it, but here are the tweets of the costumes anyway.
Alright guys we've prepare for this moment.

Please, in an orderly line, make your way to the nearest Internet safety bars, grab hold as tightly as you can, and wait for the inevitable storm to pass overhead.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Alright guys we've prepare for this moment.

Please, in an orderly line, make your way to the nearest Internet safety bars, grab hold as tightly as you can, and wait for the inevitable storm to pass overhead.
But I have a single-seat hype train!

Okay, sorry if I offended anyone, but I really felt hype in this for no reason.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Basically, with this news... we better damn well hope everyone who said Mii costumes don't deconfirm characters were right. At the same time, this is a GOOD thing, just not the best thing. Its even his Rare design.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Basically, with this news... we better damn well hope everyone who said Mii costumes don't deconfirm characters were right. At the same time, this is a GOOD thing, just not the best thing. Its even his Rare design.
But if (IF) this means that King K is deconfirmed for smash then that means a MAJOR player in the ballot is gone. Literally, whole graphs will be remade and recalculated.

And the bigger question to ask ourselves now is "Who is the new front runner?"

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
With a blue jewel.

It's a combination of designs, which gives me a small jewel-sized glitter of hope it's all a Meta Knight.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
But if (IF) this means that King K is deconfirmed for smash then that means a MAJOR player in the ballot is gone. Literally, whole graphs will be remade and recalculated.

And the bigger question to ask ourselves now is "Who is the new front runner?"
I'm half-convinced this is one big massive troll. They KNEW, they damn well KNEW K. Rool was extremely well talked about online and the clear ballot frontrunner. Since K. Rool has so many costumes, they might've gave him a combination costume so he uses all his abilities (Baron's helipack, King's krown and Kaptain's blunderbuss, maybe even coat), and are releasing his full costumes as Mii fighter costumes. And announcing them first as a massive troll move.

If we get Kaptain or Baron tomorrow I'll be convinced of this...

At the same time, I have to also take into consideration the possibility that they simply didn't want to make him playable. So I'm covering my grounds here. There's so many weird things with this. Especially since K. Rool is the only Mii Fighter to date who hasn't had a major game appearance in almost a decade and its his Rare design--

With a blue jewel.

It's a combination of designs, which gives me a small jewel-sized glitter of hope it's all a Meta Knight.
Ok, fine, EXCEPT for the blue jewel.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'm half-convinced this is one big massive troll. They KNEW, they damn well KNEW K. Rool was extremely well talked about online and the clear ballot frontrunner. Since K. Rool has so many costumes, they might've gave him a combination costume so he uses all his abilities (Baron's helipack, King's krown and Kaptain's blunderbuss, maybe even coat), and are releasing his full costumes as Mii fighter costumes. And announcing them first as a massive troll move.

If we get Kaptain or Baron tomorrow I'll be convinced of this...

At the same time, I have to also take into consideration the possibility that they simply didn't want to make him playable. So I'm covering my grounds here. There's so many weird things with this. Especially since K. Rool is the only Mii Fighter to date who hasn't had a major game appearance in almost a decade and its his Rare design--

Ok, fine, EXCEPT for the blue jewel.
That small jewel shows that they went for an amalgation of designs, the ultimate K. Rool so to say.
They could've very well just used the PAON design but they went for a Rare-based amalgation.

Calane

Smash Ace
...Wait, what? Seriously? This doesn't disconfirm K. Rool, but at the same time, maybe people will stop acting like he's already confirmed and getting in without a doubt. I remember getting blasted for saying K. Rool (and other popular characters) weren't 100% guaranteed to make it. You can't predict Sakurai, the man does some really strange things.

Again, I don't think this disconfirms K. Rool, but I hope people lower their expectations a bit. I'll be super sad if you guys don't get your character and start rampaging around after all of this DLC stuff is over. I once said Sakurai's idea of "fan service" might not be what you're expecting, and I'm sticking by what I said.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
...Wait, what? Seriously? This doesn't disconfirm K. Rool, but at the same time, maybe people will stop acting like he's already confirmed and getting in without a doubt. I remember getting blasted for saying K. Rool (and other popular characters) weren't 100% guaranteed to make it. You can't predict Sakurai, the man does some really strange things.

Again, I don't think this disconfirms K. Rool, but I hope people lower their expectations a bit. I'll be super sad if you guys don't get your character and start rampaging around after all of this DLC stuff is over. I once said Sakurai's idea of "fan service" might not be what you're expecting, and I'm sticking by what I said.
The hilarity is, it was mostly OTHER people saying that, most of the K. Rool fans kept saying "No, don't say that, he's not in until he's in."

Calane

Smash Ace
The hilarity is, it was mostly OTHER people saying that, most of the K. Rool fans kept saying "No, don't say that, he's not in until he's in."
Is that so? That's a good attitude to have about things like this. Saying something is 100% going to happen is only setting yourself up for disappointment. I tried to explain that to people, but nobody listened to me.

I seriously wish K. Rool fans good luck, and I hope he gets in for all the people that want him. I know how bad having your dreams crushed can feel (I'm still upset about what happened to Takamaru).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Is that so? That's a good attitude to have about things like this. Saying something is 100% going to happen is only setting yourself up for disappointment. I tried to explain that to people, but nobody listened to me.

I seriously wish K. Rool fans good luck, and I hope he gets in for all the people that want him. I know how bad having your dreams crushed can feel (I'm still upset about what happened to Takamaru).
They're so passionate about K. Rool they don't want anyone thinking he's guaranteed. Largely that's the same thing that happened with the trademark issue. "Did K. Rool win the ballot?!" was largely things other people were talking about, and K. Rool fans were mostly "Ok, this is good news, but we can't back down."

They're so passionate because they've been waiting so long. They don't want to take "maybe" for an answer. Only an official confirmation. SOME have thought that, but every time it comes up several people quickly denounce it and say "NO, do NOT say that."

You know, a Takamaru costume would be really great.

As in, the best Mii Costume not in yet.

I'd almost vote for Takamaru as Mii Costume specifically.
I'm starting to wonder if we might get GS costumes...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So... they're releasing the Dr. Mario stage as well? Where are all these leaks coming from?

D

Deleted member

Is it too much to ask for at least a new Metroid stage, like Phendrana Drifts, Skytown, any sector from Fusion, or even one from Federation Force ?

- A fan from a cursed franchise

:urg:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think its safe to say the Great Bay leak is likely real as well. Is that an update planned for later? Maybe October? And if so, when will they announce it? Maybe there is a Direct coming, and this footage was leaked from the Direct. Which is unusual... Well, maybe it wasn't leaked from the Direct itself, but some of the footage in the Direct got leaked. I'm so confused...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This also could set another precedent. Except for Mewtwo, they've been releasing big updates all at once. Characters, Stages, and other things. At E3 they released one new stage, one returning stage, and a stage that was unfinished for the final game. This time they're releasing one new stage and two returning stages, with likely Great Bay as a returning stage for later. That could mean that every update will have 1-2 returning stages and 1 new stage.

If K. Rool is just an elaborate troll and they officially announce him, I don't think he'll be releasing now, he'll probably release in October and get a new stage then, with his Mii costume coming soon. Wolf may possibly release now, though.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Ya'll don't know who the internet really wants.

Google "Smash Bros King Krool" - About 337,000 results
Google "Smash Bros Ridley" - About 783,000 results
Google "Smash Bros Wright" - About 2,980,000 results

Get hyped for another Capcom DLC

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
An aside for anyone possibly peeved at today's costume announcement who hasn't visited the K Rool thread - send in a protest vote. Best way to effectively communicate said disappointment to Nintendo, and takes less time than arguing about it here.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyone else thinking the K.Rool costume is just a little too random? I mean, why all of the sudden a K.Rool costume for Mii Fighters? It really makes no sense unless it's foreshadowing K.Rool in a trollish way, which is the Sakurai way.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
An aside for anyone possibly peeved at today's costume announcement who hasn't visited the K Rool thread - send in a protest vote. Best way to effectively communicate said disappointment to Nintendo, and takes less time than arguing about it here.
This. If this is a set-up, he's already in and your K. Rool vote being seen as a double-vote won't matter. If he's already screwed, it also won't matter.

I'm 50/50 on the costume, personally. Supposedly, we're gonna see more Mii costumes today, and who they are will be a good tell for whether or not this is their idea of "fanservice."

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't know about that. If we start getting a string of K Rool costumes it's going to be hard not to believe something big is coming at the end of them.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
More to come eh?

Looks like tomorrow we may see some other mii outfits that will cause yet more annoyance. I'm preparing for the worst.
Suddenly all ballot front runners deconfirmed.

Nintendo direct on Friday confirming Wii Remote Safety Man as a playable character.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

Uh-oh.

Oh, Okay if K.Rool is playable he'll have the red eye and golden belly, good to know

Ridley Costume please I need it for my Ridley and Roidley Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom