• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Did you not see the Final Smash I came up with?
No I didn't, I'm firing the notifications tab again!!! :mad:

But you mean this right?
Double posting for important update!

I made this! It took days.
Mostly for the moveset concept, but I added propaganda. You guys heed the Midna icon and share this!
I don't care where.
Anyways, dam good job mate!
totally not advertising the idea or anything...:lol:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I personally have very little expectations for future DLC, except that we probably won't see too much of it. Does anyone expect SSB4 to keep receiving annual DLC until the next game in the franchise? I don't think Sakurai would do that.
I wouldn't expect too many new fighters. Most likely two. Three if we're lucky.
I'm not exactly sure who we will see as DLC, because there are many possible candidates. What I will say is that I'm not so positive in Wolf :wolf: Returning as DLC. I think if all future character DLC is "fan service" I think they'll mainly try to get more unique characters than Wolf. What Sakurai looks for in new characters is for something distinct that they can bring to the table, which brings me to my final note; the Ballot is more like a suggestion box than it is a voting system. If a character gets a lot of votes but ultimately doesn't have anything too unique to introduce to Smash (Dixie being similar to Diddy; Chrom for being too similar to Ike; etc.), or have some specific problem keeping them from being playable (Ridley for being menacingly large; Banjo for being a Microsoft property; Takamaru for being too poorly known; etc.), than they probably won't appear as DLC for these titles.
Personally, I'd most like to see Inkling and King K. Rool as DLC, but I'm flexible. I didn't think I'd like Roy :4feroy: as much as I do. But I did hear that K. Rool's name was trademarked for the Nintendo eShop. What's that about?

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
We all know who's the best Anime character for smash guys :troll:

Anyway, i have a question ¿if you had to give your most wanted character a Final Smash, what would it be and why?
I always see Micaiah with Final Smash where she actives Corona (Her Last Class Skill) and use the Rexaura Magic Book (the most powerful usable Light Magic) a big sphere that través since the Sky and explode when hit the floor or a Blastzone (touch the sphere before that flinch the opponent and get trapped inside it).

Also could be a good touch that she has red eyes when does this.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can't believe you guys were seriously discussing Goku's merits in Smash. His inclusion in Blue's roster pretty much discredits it.

If non-Nintendo characters get into Smash, they should be video game characters first and foremost. I don't need to elaborate on this.

Aside from that Blue's roster suffers from two major problems:

One is that his mission to try to please everyone has sacrificed the theming to Smash's roster, which is "Nintendo first and foremost, with incredibly notable third-party characters as guests." That should mean we don't have too many third-parties but Blue has 52 third-party characters in there, along with Goku. If a new Smash game came out with a roster like that, even a big Smash fan like myself would be pretty disgusted and call the game makers sellouts for straying really far from the "Nintendo" theme. I don't care that Blue's roster has a ton of my wants in there, I think most casual onlookers who suddenly come across this roster would be more amused than excited, laughing at its absurdity. There's an integrity to the inclusions and exclusions of characters in Smash rosters, and while some of them might have been debatable, it's undeniable that for the most part, being really selective with who gets in Smash has helped it command a sort of respect that would be lost by including everyone willy-nilly.

The second major problem is that I question whether Blue has played most of Nintendo's games, or if he probably just lurked in character support threads to learn about these potential choices secondhand, or ask who they would like to see with those little surveys he's been posting around the place. Firsthand experience with Nintendo's titles is ideal in thinking about who'd be fun or cool to see in Smash, and also determining who is okay to leave out. The latter point is saying that restraint is very important as well. Ignoring Blue's questionable size and choices for third-parties, Nintendo's roster seems like either a bunch of tokens (lots of retro characters that are otherwise not really noteworthy, like Bubbles) to fill in a believed niche in Smash rosters, existing franchise inclusions that feel forced to "complete" a set (did we really need Slippy and Peppy included JUST to finish the playable Star Fox team?), existing franchise inclusions that try to "complete" a series that will most likely continue to make new installments that will each keep introducing more characters (Pokémon and Fire Emblem's characters in Blue's roster probably won't completely satisfy everyone since both are ongoing series--what about characters from games after Pokémon X and Y or Fire Emblem: Fates?), joke inclusions (Jumpman? Really? Also Nintendog is just a regular dog), and despite the size of the roster trying to please everyone there's still a notable absence for many fan-favorites (Despite Dr. Mario being in his roster, Blue neglected other notable Mario spin-off characters like Paper Mario and Waluigi, Wario still has no extra characters from either Wario Land or even WarioWare like Captain Syrup or Ashley, and Metroid has no Prime characters, not even Dark Samus). I think every single one of these issues would have been solved if Blue got more firsthand experience with Nintendo's games and got a feel for himself, after getting some game experience, who feels "worthy" to be in Smash and who is okay to leave out with no real harm done. This is why I don't make too many rosters anymore because I know trying to make one with characters from games I haven't even played will make for some discrepancies among franchises and such. Instead I simply express my own wants and don't try to pretend I know better about a franchise's inclusions than someone who is actually a legitimate fan of that franchise. I know it's a leap of logic and a huge, most likely very mean assumption to say Blue hasn't played many of the games of the characters he has in his roster, but as fans of some of the series he included in playable character form, I can tell it was at least somewhat the case.

A lot of Blue's inclusions are really cool, I'll give him that. Quote, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Black Mage, Wonder Red, Blaziken, Isaac, Samurai Goroh, Ganon, Muddy Mole, and Prince Sable all would make me very happy. At the end of the day though, the roster feels like a mother who usually isn't home trying to make her kids happy for their birthday, but relying mostly on assumptions about their interests since she's been unable to spend enough time with them. It's completely understandable, since I don't expect everyone to play every Nintendo game ever made, but if your ultimate goal is to please everyone, the only way a huge goal like that is actually possible is to go and do that. Otherwise, don't try to please everyone, because that's probably impossible anyway.

This has been a review of BluePikmin11's roster by EdgeTheLucas. Carry on if you have no interest in what I said.
I'm not aware of anyone discussing Goku's merits in Smash. Rather, the comparison I'm aware of was Kenith stating that the Shovel Knight is on equal footing with the DBZ games, which is complete and utter nonsense. The fact that its DBZ alone puts it way ahead of Shovel Knight. There's no chance of Goku ever getting into Smash, so obviously Shovel Knight has a better chance, but Shovel Knight doesn't come even close to the DBZ games in terms of sales and popularity. There's simply no comparison.

DBZ =/= DBZ games
DBZ games are a dime a dozen, and are largely successful only because of the TV show and manga they're based on.
So? Who the hell cares? The point is they sell. You can't possibly say that DBZ and Shovel Knight are on equal footing. They're not even close. Shovel Knight's merits are being an extremely successful Indie game. Considering the overall quality and apathy for licensed videos games, in all honesty, the DBZ games do extremely well. Not that they ever deserve to get representation in Smash, but that's not the point.

I personally have very little expectations for future DLC, except that we probably won't see too much of it. Does anyone expect SSB4 to keep receiving annual DLC until the next game in the franchise? I don't think Sakurai would do that.
I wouldn't expect too many new fighters. Most likely two. Three if we're lucky.
I'm not exactly sure who we will see as DLC, because there are many possible candidates. What I will say is that I'm not so positive in Wolf :wolf: Returning as DLC. I think if all future character DLC is "fan service" I think they'll mainly try to get more unique characters than Wolf. What Sakurai looks for in new characters is for something distinct that they can bring to the table, which brings me to my final note; the Ballot is more like a suggestion box than it is a voting system. If a character gets a lot of votes but ultimately doesn't have anything too unique to introduce to Smash (Dixie being similar to Diddy; Chrom for being too similar to Ike; etc.), or have some specific problem keeping them from being playable (Ridley for being menacingly large; Banjo for being a Microsoft property; Takamaru for being too poorly known; etc.), than they probably won't appear as DLC for these titles.
Personally, I'd most like to see Inkling and King K. Rool as DLC, but I'm flexible. I didn't think I'd like Roy :4feroy: as much as I do. But I did hear that K. Rool's name was trademarked for the Nintendo eShop. What's that about?
The K. Rool trademark is kinda interesting. I'm not aware of his name being trademarked before, but at the same time, all of the Kong's names on DK64's eShop page were trademarked as well.

Keep in mind, yes, they were trademarked, but they weren't registered trademarks. If you're using a name for a character or game/franchise you can trademark them just by putting the TM symbol next to their name to claim that name. In order to get support from the government in court cases you need to register the trademark, in which case you can put the special registered trademark symbol next to the name if you wish (its basically a copyright symbol but with a capital R).

For the most part, though, a registered trademark is too expensive to worry about unless its a franchise name or the name of the biggest character(s). Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are both registered trademarks; in fact, the latter one really surprises me.

K. Rool's trademark, along with the DK64 Kongs, is interesting. I don't know if eShop titles count towards "using" the trademark, I'd assume it'd have to be a new release and not re-releasing an old one, but there's still not a lot I know about it. Worst-case scenario is that it at least proves to the idiots who still think Rare owns the Kremlings that, no, Rare does not own the Kremlings or K. Rool at all.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So? Who the hell cares? The point is they sell. You can't possibly say that DBZ and Shovel Knight are on equal footing. They're not even close. Shovel Knight's merits are being an extremely successful Indie game. Considering the overall quality and apathy for licensed videos games, in all honesty, the DBZ games do extremely well. Not that they ever deserve to get representation in Smash, but that's not the point.
That is the point, though.
Are you suggesting that in a game honouring gaming accomplishments, successes, icons, etc. you would seriously choose Goku over Shovel Knight?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Some rules that I didn't apply when making the roster to give more freedom in choices:
1. Region-exclusives
2. Not allowing other characters that didn't appear on Nintendo consoles.
3. Not allowing non-videogame characters. (Goku is the only exception)

Some things that came to mind when I was making the roster:
1. Character rivalries. (Agumon vs. Pikachu vs. Jibanyan or Akira vs. Ryu vs. Heihachi)
2. Bringing in as many big third-party icons as possible.
3. Bringing in as many third-party characters that have a notably close relationship with Nintendo as possible. (Layton, Phoenix Wright, Scribblenauts, Cave Story)
4. Bringing back every veteran in the game.
5. Adding Nintendo characters whose game was critically praised by many. (Wonderful 101, Elite Beat Agents, Fire Emblem Fates)
6. Adding many very popular characters from established franchises whose importance in the main series is large and consistent. (Toad, Bandanna Dee, Meowth) (No spin-off characters like Waluigi or Daisy)
7. Completely filling in representation that match the success of the established franchise or represent the whole entity of the franchise. (Ninten, Ness, Lucas representing the whole Mother trilogy; Diddy, DK, Dixie, Cranky, K. Rool filling in the whole cast of DKC; Fox, Falco, Slippy Toad, Peppy, Wolf representing the whole Star Fox crew)
8. Historical importance. (Jumpman and Hanafuda character)
9. System representation. (Virtual Boy with Harry the Teleroboxer, DS with many of the Touch generation franchises like Brain Age, Nintendogs, Big Brain Academy, Gameboy with Prince Sable and Muddy Mole)
10. Adding in as many classic (retro) Nintendo characters as possible. (Balloon Fighter, Donbe and Hikari, Takamaru)
11. Representing each Pokemon generation. (Yeah I know. :L)
12. Adding as many popular Nintendo franchises as possible. (Pilotwings, Splatoon, Rhythm Heaven, Brain Age, Nintendogs)

Hope that clears things up.

I can't believe you guys were seriously discussing Goku's merits in Smash. His inclusion in Blue's roster pretty much discredits it.

If non-Nintendo characters get into Smash, they should be video game characters first and foremost. I don't need to elaborate on this.

Aside from that Blue's roster suffers from two major problems:

One is that his mission to try to please everyone has sacrificed the theming to Smash's roster, which is "Nintendo first and foremost, with incredibly notable third-party characters as guests." That should mean we don't have too many third-parties but Blue has 52 third-party characters in there, along with Goku. If a new Smash game came out with a roster like that, even a big Smash fan like myself would be pretty disgusted and call the game makers sellouts for straying really far from the "Nintendo" theme. I don't care that Blue's roster has a ton of my wants in there, I think most casual onlookers who suddenly come across this roster would be more amused than excited, laughing at its absurdity. There's an integrity to the inclusions and exclusions of characters in Smash rosters, and while some of them might have been debatable, it's undeniable that for the most part, being really selective with who gets in Smash has helped it command a sort of respect that would be lost by including everyone willy-nilly.

The second major problem is that I question whether Blue has played most of Nintendo's games, or if he probably just lurked in character support threads to learn about these potential choices secondhand, or ask who they would like to see with those little surveys he's been posting around the place. Firsthand experience with Nintendo's titles is ideal in thinking about who'd be fun or cool to see in Smash, and also determining who is okay to leave out. The latter point is saying that restraint is very important as well. Ignoring Blue's questionable size and choices for third-parties, Nintendo's roster seems like either a bunch of tokens (lots of retro characters that are otherwise not really noteworthy, like Bubbles) to fill in a believed niche in Smash rosters, existing franchise inclusions that feel forced to "complete" a set (did we really need Slippy and Peppy included JUST to finish the playable Star Fox team?), existing franchise inclusions that try to "complete" a series that will most likely continue to make new installments that will each keep introducing more characters (Pokémon and Fire Emblem's characters in Blue's roster probably won't completely satisfy everyone since both are ongoing series--what about characters from games after Pokémon X and Y or Fire Emblem: Fates?), joke inclusions (Jumpman? Really? Also Nintendog is just a regular dog), and despite the size of the roster trying to please everyone there's still a notable absence for many fan-favorites (Despite Dr. Mario being in his roster, Blue neglected other notable Mario spin-off characters like Paper Mario and Waluigi, Wario still has no extra characters from either Wario Land or even WarioWare like Captain Syrup or Ashley, and Metroid has no Prime characters, not even Dark Samus). I think every single one of these issues would have been solved if Blue got more firsthand experience with Nintendo's games and got a feel for himself, after getting some game experience, who feels "worthy" to be in Smash and who is okay to leave out with no real harm done. This is why I don't make too many rosters anymore because I know trying to make one with characters from games I haven't even played will make for some discrepancies among franchises and such. Instead I simply express my own wants and don't try to pretend I know better about a franchise's inclusions than someone who is actually a legitimate fan of that franchise. I know it's a leap of logic and a huge, most likely very mean assumption to say Blue hasn't played many of the games of the characters he has in his roster, but as fans of some of the series he included in playable character form, I can tell it was at least somewhat the case.

A lot of Blue's inclusions are really cool, I'll give him that. Quote, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Black Mage, Wonder Red, Blaziken, Isaac, Samurai Goroh, Ganon, Muddy Mole, and Prince Sable all would make me very happy. At the end of the day though, the roster feels like a mother who usually isn't home trying to make her kids happy for their birthday, but relying mostly on assumptions about their interests since she's been unable to spend enough time with them. It's completely understandable, since I don't expect everyone to play every Nintendo game ever made, but if your ultimate goal is to please everyone, the only way a huge goal like that is actually possible is to go and do that. Otherwise, don't try to please everyone, because that's probably impossible anyway.

This has been a review of BluePikmin11's roster by EdgeTheLucas. Carry on if you have no interest in what I said.
I have seen, known, played every Nintendo franchise imaginable, trust me on that. Thanks for the in-depth review!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
So? Did I nail it? How would you react to a roster like this?
You know what? Screw the haters. This has plenty of things I'd like to see including individuals who have absolute zero hope.

Toad(honestly at this point I'm leaning more towards Captain Toad, but close enough), Meowth, Goroh, Dillon, Dixie, Bandana Dee, Inklings, Bubbles, Balloon Fighter, Isaac, Chibi Robo, Andy, Lip, Wonder Red, Tails, Bomberman, Rayman, Spyro and Crash. Oh and Agumon for the long awaited Pikachu/Charizard vs. Agumon battle. I'm down.

If only Impa and Medusa had been on this, it'd have everyone I ever wanted plus several I'd want to pummel.

Still not quite sure what Dr. Lobo, Kawashima or Nintendog would be able to do mind you.

That is the point, though.
Are you suggesting that in a game honouring gaming accomplishments, successes, icons, etc. you would seriously choose Goku over Shovel Knight?
Honestly I don't think Shovel Knight really deserves any of that praise just yet either.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I have seen, known, played every Nintendo franchise imaginable, trust me on that. Thanks for the in-depth review!
You're welcome man, just wanted to express a feeling I had when looking at it. I was wrong on that front, though the rest of my review still stands. Even looking at all of the criteria you listed I still get the feeling that there's simply too much. Like I said, restraint is pretty important.

Also no hard feelings, you're one of the cooler people around these parts.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Three ATs... hard!

I guess I'd go with Waluigi, Takamaru, and Dillon.

Unrelated, I hate the fan rule for Smash inclusion about no Mario spin-off characters. Can someone justify why Sakurai would give a damn about this arbitrary distinction?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Three AT's?

Takamaru, Tingle, Samurai Goroh. I want Toad before Waluigi, Hence not choosing him. And Tingle's one of my favorite Zelda characters, so... Takamaru is awesome, and Goroh would be neat.

Besides that, I do like the idea of Ashley or Kat & Ana.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dillon, Saki and Dark Samus.

Starfy and Takamaru would be next in line.

Color Game 15 for lols.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Saki, Dark Samus and Takamaru

Are the ONLY ATs that should be upgraded. The only ones.

Although I can make an argument for Lyn, Samurai Gordoh and MAYBE Waluigi

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Three ATs?

Does this include Pokeball summons?

If so: Meowth, Samurai Goroh, Dillon

If not: Samurai Goroh, Dillon, toss up between Ghirahim and Waluigi.

If it includes Brawl's ATs, replace the last of each of the above with Isaac.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Ashley because she would be pretty unique, she would represent more the Wario Ware series and has a cool personality.

Waluigi because WAAAA, seriously, only because he is funny.

Mother Brain with metallic legs would be pretty cool.

And no, she is not too big.

But yeah, this characters will not happen, so... whatever.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Waluigi, really the only assist Trophy character I care about much.
Dark Samus would be cool too I guess.
Tingle is hilarious, I wouldn't mind him at all.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If I were to pick 3 Assist Trophies for Promotion - I'd pick:
Takamaru
Waluigi
and maybe Ghirahim.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Isabelle, Waluigi and Girahim. So many awesome characters relegated to capsules....

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I've been thinking. should we ger a character from Square Enix, who should it be? My personal favourite choices are Kefka, Black Mage, Terra and Cecil in no order. Then again, I'm an SE scrub
Chocobo and Slime team like Dog and Duck team.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just have issue with the logic that he'd be within the same "niche" as G&W, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt when someone like Star Man would be closer to the "niche".
You know... a Pro Wrestling character could work... this character could be based on all the wrestlers from the NES game. Yes, this character uses the traditional wrestling moves but he also uses the signature moves of the Pro Wrestling characters. The default character is Starman... but his alternate costumes are the other wrestlers just like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings.

Default - Starman
Alt 1 - Fighter Hayabusa
Alt 2 - Kin Corn Karn
Alt 3 - Giant Panther
Alt 4 - The Amazon
Alt 5 - King Slender
Alt 6 - Great Puma
Alt 7 - The Referee (because why not? :troll:)

Even more awesome would be the different wrestlers on the character select screen doing the same poses like in the NES game.

D

Deleted member

You know... a Pro Wrestling character could work... this character could be based on all the wrestlers from the NES game. Yes, this character uses the traditional wrestling moves but he also uses the signature moves of the Pro Wrestling characters. The default character is Starman... but his alternate costumes are the other wrestlers just like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings.

Default - Starman
Alt 1 - Fighter Hayabusa
Alt 2 - Kin Corn Karn
Alt 3 - Giant Panther
Alt 4 - The Amazon
Alt 5 - King Slender
Alt 6 - Great Puma
Alt 7 - The Referee (because why not? :troll:)

Even more awesome would be the different wrestlers on the character select screen doing the same poses like in the NES game.

To be honest, I'd rather have Star Man alone and not pulling a Jr. (in which case, Fighter Hayabusa would probably be getting the top billing instead).

Especially when The Amazon's specialties for example would not work with the other wrestlers aside from Great Puma. Mainly Piranha Bite, as that involves chomping away with razor sharp teeth. Technically they could all do Outlaw Choke since it involves jabbing the opponent with a fork, but it wouldn't seem right for anyone but Amazon or Puma to pull such a cheating maneuver.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a good question.

If you had to add three series that debuted in each decade that Nintendo has been a thing, what would you add?

So....

1980s: Advance Wars, Mysterious Muramase Castle, Excite Bike
1990s: Mole Mania, Custom Robo, Panel de Pon
2000s: Golden Sun, Chibi Robo, Rhythm Heaven
2010s: Splatoon, Wonderful 101, Dillon's Rolling Western

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Here's a good question.

If you had to add three series that debuted in each decade that Nintendo has been a thing, what would you add?

So....

1980s: Excite, Mysterious Murasame Castle, Wars
1990s: Custom Robo, Pilotwings, Panel De Pon
2000s: Golden Sun, Legendary Starfy, Chibi-Robo
2010s: Wonderful 101, Pushmo, Dillon's Rolling Western

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I also had Lyn on my list :/

I honestly dont have enough knowledge on Nintendo history and dates to even participate lol
Google is a thing.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Here's a good question.

So....

1980s: Advance Wars, Mysterious Muramase Castle, Pro Wrestling
1990s: Panel de Pon, Custom Robo, For Frog the Bell Tolls
2000's: Sin & Punishment, Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun
2010's: Splatoon, Wonderful 101, Pandora's Tower

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
1980: Murasame Castle, Balloon Fight, Excitebike
1990: Panel de Pon, For the Frog the Bell Tolls, Startropics
2000: Rhythm Heaven, Elite Beat Agents, Brain Age
2010: Splatoon, Wonderful 101, Nintendo Land

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here's a good question.

So....

1990s: Pilotwings, Custom Robo, Panel de Pon
2000s: Style Savvy, Chibi Robo, Rhythm Heaven
2010s: Splatoon, Wonderful 101, Genei Ibun Roku #FE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.