• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's great to have the Pirate Ship stage back. That was one I loved from Brawl and I really missed it this time around.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
wait could you always jump on opponents heads to push them downward as you jump up?
Or is this new?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
wait could you always jump on opponents heads to push them downward as you jump up?
Or is this new?
I assume your talking about this right?--->
If so, it's called a footstool and has been here since Brawl and if not I do not know.

Edit::4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Or is this new?
While it was introduced in Brawl, it's far more devastating in this game from it's duration (in my experience).

Project M kept this in, but to perform it you had to press the TAUNT input at the right time instead of just jump. Making it far more disrespectful.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok so 2 stages and new suits again

Just to point out

If the shovel knight and wolf rumor is true no way they're the only ones (from months of voting in the ballot to consider characters.)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm honestly doubting Shovel Knight at this point. Who leaks characters but not costumes, which are arguably easier?

And who expected Monster Hunter content anyway? If you can't leak Mii costumes of all things but can supposedly leak a full character(which is a very big deal), then I really have to question your sources.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm honestly doubting Shovel Knight at this point. Who leaks characters but not costumes, which are arguably easier?

And who expected Monster Hunter content anyway? If you can't leak Mii costumes of all things but can supposedly leak a full character(which is a very big deal), then I really have to question your sources.
Nothing on the 7 costumes nor the 2 stages but claims to have explicit knowledge of a fighter?
In my book you better have some good material to back up your claim.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

So you've changed your mind?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So you've changed your mind?
Changing my mind? I never said that Shovel Knight was extremely likely or anything, which is not something I say without sufficient evidence anyway. I was always on the fence in regards to him, I've just lowered my overall expectations.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Changing my mind? I never said that Shovel Knight was extremely likely or anything, which is not something I say without sufficient evidence anyway. I was always on the fence in regards to him, I've just lowered my overall expectations.
Honestly, I think I'll change my prediction list to this...

Wolf
Layton
Bandana Dee
Dixie

Definitely seems more realistic.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I doubt rumors of characters I don't want.
And believe rumors of characters I do want.
Unless the evidence is compelling.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think the only logic in Dixie's favor is that we've been getting multiple Mii Costumes for most of the games that got Mii Costumes. (Obviously that's not true for all cases, buuut....) For whatever reason, we only got a K. Rool costume, but a Dixie Costume would've worked perfectly fine alongside that. They elected to pass on that.

EDIT: And before you pick that apart, I know that's some flawed logic still, it just seems odd they'd make a K. Rool and not a Dixie.
I think Dixie will get a costume eventually as well. They just revealed K. Rool's first because he was the most talked about character pre-ballot.

I agree. Its just totally illogical.

I doubt rumors of characters I don't want.
And believe rumors of characters I do want.
Unless the evidence is compelling.
I don't believe any leaks/rumors regardless of whether I want them or not. If there's compelling evidence I'll believe it.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think Dixie will get a costume eventually as well. They just revealed K. Rool's first because he was the most talked about character pre-ballot.

I agree. Its just totally illogical.

I don't believe any leaks/rumors regardless of whether I want them or not. If there's compelling evidence I'll believe it.
I mean, I want to believe, because I'm at the same point you're at, I didnt even believe the roster image leak with bowser jr. And duck hunt.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A Phoenix Wright Brawler costume is looking rather good for the future methinks...

Burruni

Smash Hero
I mean, I want to believe, because I'm at the same point you're at, I didnt even believe the roster image leak with bowser jr. And duck hunt.
To be fair.
The ESRB leak was given out pretty shadily and almost seems like they went out of their way at points to make it look bad.
I didn't believe it until we had gameplay footage, myself.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Shovel Knight leak is BS. That's what I'm going to guess.

Gematsu leak knew all the E3 info and then made another leak later, but that was fake.

I think the same goes for this guy. He is credible so now that he's done leaking he wants to have some fun.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Honestly, I think I'll change my prediction list to this...

Wolf
Layton
Bandana Dee
Dixie

Definitely seems more realistic.
Ok if thats your prediction (which is your opinion) thats fine by me

(But really for me just replace dixie with the king. I mean the votes are more pointing toward the king more than dixie by what i have ben seeing.)

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Figures. Why would you put a balance patch though if we are getting new characters soon? Why wouldn't you wait until then? Because of this, I'm not expecting a character till late October.
Part of me thinks they're doing this to hype us up, and that we might get a Smash Direct sometime in October.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think K. Rool became a costume before any Kong because he's bipedal and more easily fits into a human mold than a hunched ape. Otherwise, why on earth not have DK or Diddy costumes already?

What's this about placeholders?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
So, in April, we got :4mewtwo: and then :4mario::4mario::4mario::4mario::4mario: right?

Presumably such would be going up to :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::wolf::160: (closest thing to K. Rool we have).

So, what has been added on that?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Why do I think we're getting four, well for three reasons, one is the fact that it's a balanced number, it's neither too little, nor too much, another is offering fans another character pack, which would as traditionally, include four characters, and finally, it would be the amount of characters that can enter a battle, an right player battle with all the DLC characters? But these are just my thoughts.

Mother
****ing
Viridi costume.

Toad too.
all in all an amazing update. im not bias

just need phoenix wright and Wonder Red and I'm pretty much good on mii costumes.
Also pretty sure it's explicitly been stated by mines there were no character slots added.
EDIT misread a tweet from RTB. No characters. . .not no slots

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I honestly believe we're going to get a Nintendo Direct next week that will reveal a new character though I don't think that character will be an immediate release like Ry/Ro/L.

Also, tell me I wasn't the only one crossing my fingers, hoping that Isaac wasn't included in the Mii Costume wave? I let out a huge internal sigh of relief after not seeing him on the list.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The Duck Hunt stage used to be exclusive to Wii U version... could we see some 3DS stages on the Wii U version in the future?

I would like Gerudo Valley, Magicant, Mute City, and Yoshi's Island on the Wii U version...

And it would be awesome if we get some Melee stages like Fountain of Dreams, Fourside, Great Bay, Kingdom II, Kongo Jungle, and Poke Floats... and some N64 stages like Yoshi's Island and Saffron City.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
The Duck Hunt stage used to be exclusive to Wii U version... could we see some 3DS stages on the Wii U version in the future?

I would like Gerudo Valley, Magicant, Mute City, and Yoshi's Island on the Wii U version...

And it would be awesome if we get some Melee stages like Fountain of Dreams, Fourside, Great Bay, Kingdom II, Kongo Jungle, and Poke Floats... and some N64 stages like Yoshi's Island and Saffron City.
Well Duck Hunt was added to the 3DS as sort of a compensation for Wii U getting Pirate Ship as a DLC exclusive. So unless they intend to add a 3DS exclusive stage, I don't see that happening.

I too would like to see this source claiming more placeholders have been added.

But more than anything I'd like to see another data mine by our trusted sources.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom