• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Doesn't count because I'm tired :p
In all seriousness, I'd love Impa, but she's one of the lowesr Zelda characters on my priority list
I would also enjoy Impa; however, it depends on how they implement her into the game. I somehow doubt that Sakurai is going to develop her the way I want her, so I am fine if she does not make the cut. But if she makes a surprise appearance, I will not be complaining.

'2 Links, 2 Zeldas and 1 inaccurate Ganondorf. Who should we add?
Gaepora Kaepora (or Kaepora Gaepora, don't remember which is correct). We still need an actual bird to Smash, only ones we've got can't even fly! His final smash would be "Do you want me to explain this again?" and both options are yes!
:troll:

(Seriously though, I'd like to see either Impa or Ganon in Smash if we get another Zelda rep. I'd also love to have Darunia in Smash, but it'll never happen.)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Gaepora Kaepora (or Kaepora Gaepora, don't remember which is correct). We still need an actual bird to Smash, only ones we've got can't even fly! His final smash would be "Do you want me to explain this again?" and both options are yes!
"He wouldn't be able to fly freely anymore so I made him a glorified punching bag"

Well at least we could still hit him I guess.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
There's a purple flying creature most of us are waiting on if I do recall....

Or we could just get Squawks the Parrot as a new DK rep who flies. :troll:

EDIT: That'd kill 2 birds with one stone! :troll: ^2

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
The Deku Nut argument wasn't that it couldn't be used, but was about how DiddyK said they aren't used in Smash.

"Already utilised" was in reference to Diddy saying they weren't utilised. At all.
Okay, maybe I was wrong here. The main point still stands, Sheik doesn't use Deku Nuts.
And Oni mentioned Palutena's defensive special there.
How does that go against my point?
The comparison doesn't work as Orbitars reflect ****, a simple barrier does not
So they add a reflection property, like they did with the Orbitars in the first place.

Or, they don't, and they make it like a regular shield. They didn't avoid giving Wario his Chomp move because it was basically a grab, did they?[/quote]

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Or better yet, Quawks the Parrot! He's even purple, like Ridley! :troll:
ATTENTION SMASHBOARDS:
THIS is the character we've all been waiting for! It's time to unite and shove this character down the ballot's throat so he HAS to be put in! Come! Let us join as one who worships the true mighty purple one, Quawks!

Last edited:
In Brawl yes. Not this game.

All Special Moves should be offensive? News to me!

Yet Impa's compared her to Ghirahim, the game's assumed main antagonist till the end. Gotta say something.

:4sheik:'s entire moveset is a stretch.
Bahahaha I get called bias and that I don't do research and he doesn't even know the item is in the game. That is downright hillarious.

Ok then how can it be used in any interesting way.

what

So is Impa's Hyrule warriors moveset :smirk: more blatantly out of character than any accusation ganondorf can be given that is for sure
Impa is a non-central character but her name is mentoined alongside Link's and Zelda's to have a special meaning in Hyrule Historia. :laugh: Sure. Original holder of the Triforce of Power, been around the series since the NES days, first ally of Link in Hyrule Warriors (first announced second playable character alongside Link even), having a major revival role in Skyward Sword, NOT being a ****ing one-off whilst staying prominent in the series and NOT named Link, Zelda or Ganon...

Sure, Impa has no merrits to be in Smash. :smirk:

This has been disproved too many times. And yes, Ganondorf needs a new moveset, what the **** else is new?

Also, all Specials are supposed to be offensive, yet we have a trillion Counters and Reflectors... DA **** IS UP WITH THAT!? :laugh: :smirk:
Any hyrule warriors usage is crap being a spin off. especially one that spins her entire purpose on its head. "Le's give a ninja a giant sword and make her nothing like her incarnations!"

Impa really isn't even a cahracter. . . she is a name. She goes from old lady, to ninja, to whatever she is in oracles to an old lady then a ninja. She isn't a caharcter like Link or zelda. She is more of a recurring name akin to "It's a secret to everybody" at this point. Hyrule warriors makes it worse by slapping her name on someone that is so vastly different. . .

Ughh what am I doing. I know I'm arguing with a brick wall I knew this would end this way. . .

Morbi

Scavenger
Bahahaha I get called bias and that I don't do research and he doesn't even know the item is in the game. That is downright hillarious.

Ok then how can it be used in any interesting way.

what

So is Impa's Hyrule warriors moveset :smirk: more blatantly out of character than any accusation ganondorf can be given that is for sure

Any hyrule warriors usage is crap being a spin off. especially one that spins her entire purpose on its head. "Le's give a ninja a giant sword and make her nothing like her incarnations!"

Impa really isn't even a cahracter. . . she is a name. She goes from old lady, to ninja, to whatever she is in oracles to an old lady then a ninja. She isn't a caharcter like Link or zelda. She is more of a recurring name akin to "It's a secret to everybody" at this point. Hyrule warriors makes it worse by slapping her name on someone that is so vastly different. . .

Ughh what am I doing. I know I'm arguing with a brick wall I knew this would end this way. . .
You did not really explain why Impa is somehow different from Link or Zelda. I am curious to hear about it. Sure, Impa changes from incarnation to incarnation, just as Link and Zelda do. But what is the difference?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
How does that go against my point?

Or, they don't, and they make it like a regular shield. They didn't avoid giving Wario his Chomp move because it was basically a grab, did they?
Because you sarcastically said "We can't have Shield (defensive) based special attacks"
What is Palutena's non-custom side special? A reflector shield that pushes enemies away. Seems like a Shield of sorts.

Do you know what Command Grabs are? Because they're prominent in fighting games. It's not unusual for Smash characters to have Command Grabs.

You did not really explain why Impa is somehow different from Link or Zelda. I am curious to hear about it. Sure, Impa changes from incarnation to incarnation, just as Link and Zelda do. But what is the difference?
Link and Zelda are pretty much always the same. Link always is (well other than being young/old). Zeda has tetra but otherwise changes very little in theme.

Impa changes so drastically between incarnations I don't see how they can all be attributed as one character.

Unrelated but lets also not forget she is only important enough to even mention in 2 games.

D

Deleted member

*Walks in to thread*
*Sees argument*

......Tetra is better anyway.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Because you sarcastically said "We can't have Shield (defensive) based special attacks"
What is Palutena's non-custom side special? A reflector shield that pushes enemies away. Seems like a Shield of sorts.
He was going against the idea of having shield-based special moves, and dismissing RB since it was one-off. Yet, it's not, and there can be multiple shield moves.
Do you know what Command Grabs are? Because they're prominent in fighting games. It's not unusual for Smash characters to have Command Grabs.
And is it not unusual to summon fire hydrants that push away enemies, grow trees that you can cut down and use as projectiles, or use shurikens made from water? When it comes to specials, Smash can do whatever it wants.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
*Walks in to thread*
*Sees argument*

......Tetra Tingle is better anyway.
Just a quick little correction. Also between TGS, Toon Link in Hyrule Warriors 3DS, Pikmin 4 being revealed, do you guys think we're due for a direct or major announcements soon.

Morbi

Scavenger
You see Tetra is cool. She is a pirate. Pirates are always cool. Also she would be guaranteed to bring Pirate Ship as a stage with her which would be even better.
*Pirates vs ninjas joke goes here*
I am not so certain about that. The Pirate Ship makes a lot of sense, but I would not go as far as to say that it is guaranteed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
>Tetra support is only alive because of Hyrule Warriors
>Everything from Hyrule Warriors is bad cause it's a spin-off

And I am the hypocrite?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I was a fan of Tetra well before she was revealed to be in HW, and I'm sure quite a few people here would feel the same...

Morbi

Scavenger
I was a fan of Tetra well before she was revealed to be in HW, and I'm sure quite a few people here would feel the same...
Indeed. She used to have that whole "forbidden seven" notion going for her. That being said, she probably did get an observable increase in support because of Hyrule Warriors.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bias is the difference.
Her support was as dead as it can be before her announcement of Hyrule Warriors however. And suddenly because of her HW moveset, it became acceptable for a HW character to make it into the game.

Double standards much?

Anyway, Impa is widely considered the most likely pick of a new Zelda character though.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
He was going against the idea of having shield-based special moves, and dismissing RB since it was one-off. Yet, it's not, and there can be multiple shield moves.

And is it not unusual to summon fire hydrants that push away enemies, grow trees that you can cut down and use as projectiles, or use shurikens made from water? When it comes to specials, Smash can do whatever it wants.
Shield
"A person or thing providing protection"

Reflect is a way in which Palutena protects herself from projectiles.

You're not arguing a good point there. You're basically saying "Anything can happen! " in regards to moves.

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice
I say we just all vote for Pig Pirate Ridley with Deadman's Volley as a neutral special and Squirtle and Ivysaur as alt costumes and be done with it

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Shield
"A person or thing providing protection"

Reflect is a way in which Palutena protects herself from projectiles.

You're not arguing a good point there. You're basically saying "Anything can happen! " in regards to moves.
You didn't even get what I said. I did say that RB was a shield. Oni was still saying Impa can't use one because Palutena was just one character. When, Pit also has a shield move.

And yeah, they're not going to do anything unreasonable with special moves, but I there's nothing wrong with using a barrier, especially when there are characters that do that.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You didn't even get what I said. I did say that RB was a shield. Oni was still saying Impa can't use one because Palutena was just one character. When, Pit also has a shield move.
Point me to where Oni explicitly stated something along the lines of "Palutena has a Shield move. Impa can't have one as a result"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You see Tetra is cool. She is a pirate. Pirates are always cool. Also she would be guaranteed to bring Pirate Ship as a stage with her which would be even better.
*Pirates vs ninjas joke goes here*
But Naruto always stomps Luffy because he tanked a moon splitting attack in one of the movies and fought a moon goddess.

Good idea, Tetra was always one of the more interesting choices. Though like any other better Zelda choice, their latest roles were in a spinoff that isn't represented in Smash at all. But who says that we can't believe?

Morbi

Scavenger
Made by someone here on smashboards but i cant remember who. Probably says so on dixie thread's op.

"Dixie would be a diddy clone"

kek
They were probably referencing her genetics rather than her move-set.

Pretty Good moveset here.
I had no idea that Dixie used a guitar. Now I kind of want her in the game... just for the guitar.

D

Deleted member

I didn't think she was particularly likely unless Sakurai felt like revisiting the "Toon Zelda" concept without revisiting the "Toon Zelda" concept (i.e. Tetra is a "Toon Zelda", but one that has made a name for herself as her own distinct character).
Though I've been open to Tetra for quite some time (especially since she'd be better than having just a lighter, weaker Zelda). After all, Toon Link does seem rather lonely when standing next to the TP-inspired characters.....

I had no idea that Dixie used a guitar. Now I kind of want her in the game... just for the guitar.
You know who else uses a guitar (and unlike Dixie has actually used it in combat)?

Diddy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm a huge Zelda fan (really, I nearly own and have played games in the series and also have a copy of one of the manga adaptations) and:

1. Think Zelda is overall well represented in Smash 3DS/Wii U (5 characters, 4 Assists, 8 items, 6 different stages across versions, plenty of iconic and recurring enemies in Smash Run, music from old and newer games alike)
2. Don't mind Ganondorf's moveset (though I would be hyped as **** if he got more overhauls, provided the gameplay doesn't drastically change because THE POWERRRRR)

Impa as DLC would be cool, but not really necessary. She would be a fine addition, all in all. More characters is always great.

I really want Pirate Ship back or a new Wind Waker stage as DLC. But that's because Wind Waker is the first Zelda game I played, so I'm biased. Toon Link being in the game is already great.

Zelda series representation is truly satisfactory, but I don't really care a lot about this kind of stuff anyway. I just play the damn game.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Impa really isn't even a cahracter. . . she is a name. She goes from old lady, to ninja, to whatever she is in oracles to an old lady then a ninja.
That's why we need to combine all the incarnations into one fat, old, ninja, Impa, thus giving us an all-encompassing Impa.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
It's kind of sad how the most prominent role Impa has had in a game is the role she had in a spinoff game. Now if the spinoff game featured her as the main character that'd be a completely different story.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
It shouldn't be any secret that I was a fan of Tetra being a newcomer in Smash way before she was revealed to be in Hyrule Warriors. She's been my most wanted character addition for quite a while now; although, I actually believe that Toon Zelda is the most likely Zelda character if we get one for DLC. Unfortunately it doesn't seem very likely to me that we'll even get a Zelda DLC character at this point anyway.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Apparently my cousin has a friend who's dad has sources from multiple gaming companies, and said that they're going to add more Pokemon to the game. :dizzy: I wouldn't believe this, but I thought I'd bring it up. :estatic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom