• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK's Place on the First Official Tier

Randicus

Smash Rookie
Whether you believe in tiers or not, its nice to see DK have such a terrific jump in the rankings. I feel that DK is the most underrated character in the entire game. Reading forums and such, its interesting to see how many people were suprised to see our big hairy friend so high up. How does everyone feel about DK's placement, regardless of tier beliefs?

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
I wish he wasn't so high, I was thinking about picking him up, and I still might... I just dontget the perk of playing as a low(er) tier character.

However, the more I play as him, the more I see that he is pretty awesome.With his unbelievable power and range, plus a bair that just wreaks of brokenly broken brokenocity how could he not be high on a tier list. His puch charges faster, he IS fatser, he has longer range, better recovery(granted everyone does)...

Revven

FrankerZ
I love his placement, he's my third best character that I use and I was honestly expecting him much lower. I'm, personally, happy where he is! It's basically a big slap in the face to the people who believed DK wasn't that good or wouldn't be higher than Mid.

I <3 it. This will allow me to use him moar now that I know how well he is against most of the characters. It also encourages me to use him in any future tourney I go to. :)

The Director

Smash Lord
I've been maining DK since Smash64 (for the past 9 years for those keeping track...) and ever since Brawl came out, I knew he would move up a notch on the tier list this time around.

Wrap It Up

Smash Apprentice
You guys are getting beside yourself. DK isn't as underrated as you might think. To me the most underrated character would have to be Mario. Or a Luigi, in due time. I personally don't see why Mario shouldn't be higher. He has a great projectile, Empty short hops, mixed with short hop fireballs are great. His cape destroys many recoveries in tthe game. His FLUUD disrupts a lot of them to set up for this cape. His Smash attacks are good. He has a lot of things that make him good. So IMO he is the most underrated.

DK's placement on the tier list was a surprise to me for a little bit. But when I learned that he is the few characters that do well against a metaknight, and other High tier characters I had a felling he would be up there. But its the first tier list of many to come, characters are going to be jumping all over the place during the next years of the game. So who knows if he will go to the bottom.

The Tier list comparison.
October 8 2002
Sheik
Falco, Fox
Marth
Mario
Zelda, Samus, Luigi
Peach
Dr. Mario
Ice Climbers, Ganondorf
Pikachu, Link
Captain Falcon, Young Link
Jigglypuff, Ness
Yoshi, Donkey Kong
Roy
Kirby
Mr. Game and Watch
Pichu, Bowser
Mewtwo

July8, 2006
Fox
Falco
Shiek
Marth
Peach
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Dr. Mario
Jigglypuff
Mario
Ganondorf
Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr G&W
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mew2

Cornwad

Smash Rookie
I agree, DK is pretty awesome and he deserves to be that high on the tier list.
But I wouldn't exactly call him underrated...

crifer

Smash Lord
All players that know the sakurai combo and stage spike dont think that DK is underrated....
i forgot bair, ftilt, dtilt..... basically every move is usable and good of DK!

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I've always played DK regardless of the popular opinion but I'm glad that his new level of pwnness has been recognized.

All players that know the sakurai combo and stage spike dont think that DK is underrated....
The DK Stage spike is one of the most satisfying things in this game for me. Picking up your opponents and slamming them into the underside of the stage is like an epic b**** slap lol.
Almost as good as the Down B trick on the Mushroom Kingdom stage on 64 hehe.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah it's really nice to finally see DK being high =) I still played him in every smash game though (he always was my secondary ^^).

Randicus

Smash Rookie
i forgot bair, ftilt, dtilt..... basically every move is usable and good of DK!
The thing is, not everyone does, at least the people I play don't...they find out real quickly though

ekw808

Smash Cadet
dk is a really good character he has 2 spikes, his horizontal recovery is amazing, and all of his moves can be used as finishers, and he has his shorthop double back air which is also really good his CSS and his edgegaurding skills r pretty good. glad he gets the recognition

crifer

Smash Lord
i using DK since i randomly played him in melee,
i liked the charging of his punsh, his throw game (suicide, yeah!) and so on....
He was so fun and so powerful, without being slow and had nice gimping skills....
glad to see that he overall improved...

Top Bottom