• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Video Archive ver. 6.10, last update 7-29-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

The SPANIARD

Smash Rookie
Do you guys SH before the U-throw into regrab? Its easier to regrab but i've gotten so used to not jumping that I just cant make myselfdo it.

EDIT: Dammit, on housemates account

peace out

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
I don't SH it for the same reason. Plus, I'm so good it doesn't matter... I wish. :p Seriously, technical skill is by far the worst part of my game.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Has anyone else noticed that when you do the u throw, to u air, and they influence behind you, and you try to turn around and grab, that if you Jump cancel the grab, you won't turn around? I was wondering why for so long i couldn't turn around and grab, so i started trying different things and discovered that while your in the turning around animation, if you press jump and grab at the same time, it will cancel your turn around and you will be stuck still facing the same way. This has been messing up my 0-death for quite awhile, but i'm glad i finally learned the source of the problem. If anybody else was having the same problem, this might be the solution. =)

The SPANIARD

Smash Rookie
Has anyone else noticed that when you do the u throw, to u air, and they influence behind you, and you try to turn around and grab, that if you Jump cancel the grab, you won't turn around? I was wondering why for so long i couldn't turn around and grab, so i started trying different things and discovered that while your in the turning around animation, if you press jump and grab at the same time, it will cancel your turn around and you will be stuck still facing the same way. This has been messing up my 0-death for quite awhile, but i'm glad i finally learned the source of the problem. If anybody else was having the same problem, this might be the solution. =)
Wow....... yeah that actually clears up a fair bit man, thanks.

Although I find most people DI far enough behind you to dash after them with the grab. I only run into trouble when the DONT DI and they DI just into DK which makes it harder to grab.

peace out

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's not just JC grabs. You just can't pivot quickly and jump at the same time with DK. I first noticed this while trying to hurry and turn around so I could b-air people.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Did I stutter? I was unaware that he CGed, but if he does then he's a loser. Sorry AOB, you're amazing, but apparently you're a loser now... an amazing loser.
How can he be amazing if he has no skill?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
LOL, does Best? of AOB really count as a DK video? I mean, maybe a video of what NOT to do with DK...

I find "Cargo u-throw to u-air then re-grab." to be quite difficult. In fact, I'm no good at chain grabbing either. I really have no tech skill--the only reason I'm good is because of my powerful brain.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
The cargo, u-air, regrab is tough for me because I have no tech skill. But being crappy is not an excuse for being unfair. CG with any character is cheap and unfair because it takes not skill in any aspect of the game. It's like admitting that you're not good enough to beat the person without the handicap of extra damage. Stages are banned because of broken stratedgies like Termina and Fox/Falco's laser. CG is broken stratedgy.

Hzrd

Smash Cadet
The videos are AMAZING. DK is got some skillz if u can play a slow fat char. :) This is the stuff that makes me just play odd chars that really everyone just dislikes.

Captin' Jack, thanks for all the good u do.

King Kong

Smash Lord

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Yeah, you destroyed that guy. I've never seen anyone actually hit with a ledge-hopped f-air before. And the double f-air combo was amazing.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
HOLY ****IN' ****!!! I was totally about to look 4 DK vids on youtube and google... and then I found this thread. +rep for Tom the Tipmeister, Tommy Tip the Compton Crip, Tipman the Hitman, Thomas Tipper the car flipper........... thanx :)

FaWzY

Smash Rookie
DK is like powerfull, i like to see the powers face off in a endless epic adventure

King Kong

Smash Lord
I nice technique that I heard Bum does is d-throw, teh-chase, d-b. I've been practicing this and I like it. It sets up combos nicely.
Yeah, this works well, but its been a struggle to try and incorporate it since im so used to chasing with other attacks.

That ground slap combo he did in the first video was sweet.

peace out

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I enjoy watching CJ play as DK. Would you say hes the best DK fighter out there?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I've never seen him play (except for those lame videos), but I was informed that he beat tink and Marcus at some MLG or something. That's very impressive.
I mean, I beat these guys when they were beginners 2 years ago, but...

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
I put money that Bum would push your **** in. Hell I put money that Ill push your **** in and if say "Well you may beat me nut not him" then you should know hes 3 and 4 stocked me. Yeah, he wrecks *****es.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
I put money that Bum would push your **** in. Hell I put money that Ill push your **** in and if say "Well you may beat me nut not him" then you should know hes 3 and 4 stocked me. Yeah, he wrecks *****es.
alright yo if this cant wait or w/e we cna just whip out the project64k and ill find a controller adn it will be DONEGAMES

King Kong

Smash Lord
Was that your gannon Tipman or your DK?

If he 4 stocked your gannon holy ****.

peace out

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
alright yo if this cant wait or w/e we cna just whip out the project64k and ill find a controller adn it will be DONEGAMES
I'd like to play you in Project64, but I'd have to find a 64 controller adaptor, no way I'm using keyboard or gamepad. :embarrass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom