• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Video Archive ver. 6.10, last update 7-29-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
Basically I want to have a nice archive of DK vids for others to see and I'll be updating the first page with the new video links I get and such. The version number is read like so.

0.0 = Amount of different players. +1 will be added if we get vids from new players up.
0.0 = Amount of vids. +1 will be added everytime a new vid is put up.

Well now that you know the plan post or PM me good vid links. I should be posting some vids up also so hopefully this spirals into a usfull thread with good vids. We all know the "DK forums" can use a good thread.

DONKEY KONG BITCH!

AOB
AOB (DK) vs Grid (Ganondorf) 7-2-06, 1 YouTube
AOB (DK) vs Grid (Ganondorf) 7-2-06, 2 YouTube
Best? Of AOB YouTube

Canada Mike
Mike (DK) vs Umbreon Mow (Mewtwo) YouTube

Captain Jack
Captain Jack (DK) vs S-Royal (Doc) YouTube
Captain Jack (DK) vs Masashi (Roy) YouTube
Captain Jack (DK) vs Aniki (Link) YouTube
Captain Jack (DK) vs Canada Mike (DK) YouTube
Captain Jack (DK) vs Ikki (Fox) YouTube

King Kong
N/A

Tommy Tipper
N/A

Various
Jungle Fever YouTube

King Kong

Smash Lord
Syke why did you put those matches of me up? If you're gonna put old vids of me up at least do me the honour of putting some up where my DK dosnt look so bad.

Jeez. Now I have to record some good matches to redeem myself.

I wish i'd gotten me vs. Bringerofdeaths DK dittos on camera thsoe were sweet.

EDIT AFTER WACHING VIDS: You put that **** up that we recorded at my place the other day AND some old vid of your **** falco beating me? For ****s sake man im gonna kill you next time i see you.

peace out

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
i havent seen any of the vids cause i got 56k and little time but i was hoping people would send me GOOD VIDS, and by this i dont mean vids of DK winning but vids of good DK play. if you got **** vids keep em on your hard drive.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
wow alot of vids too bad their all soo old. ill add them to the archive but im going to split it into two sections, one for the older vids and one for the newer. wednesday i may get some footage from a smash fest so keep a look out. anyways when new vids get put up dont be afraid to comment or critique them here, itll be good to start some healthy DK conversation.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
haha nothing like that if i get lucky i may get a ledge hop nuetral b turn around bair (god that took forever to type) but im just recently getting back to DK and im gonna bring him to this local tourney tomorrow so gotta start getting good quick.

tilts own.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Awsome! we finally get to see some TT style DK.

On the topic of DK discusion...........

Do you guys use the Up-B to edgehog? Its something i've only started doing recently but its a little bit sexy as its faster than a turnaround WD back to the edge and you can catch your opponent with the hitbox of DK's arms if you mistime it. Often people try to go over it and then you can try to jump from the edge with a u-air and start to juggle them.

peace out

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
I use Up-B edgeguard every once in a while. I just don't like using Up-B other than out of shield or as an U-smash substitute, just for the fact that if I get hit I lose my charged punch. For edgehog I'd rather dash jump and turnaround with a Neutral B to grab the edge.

TT, would it be possible to get some hitbox clips for DK to get some of this healthy DK strat going? I'd really like to see the hitboxes on a lot of his moves to figure out how to space better.

Also, my bro has a cache of DK match footage that he's never got around to putting up, I'll see if I can get those online somewhere.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
I use the u-b to edgeguard a lot. It's actually my main edgeguard. I always start from a hanging position though. If they are going high enough to where you have to jump to hit them from the stage, then I don't use it. But if they are low enough that I know I can ledgehop it and hit them or below I use u-b. You don't even need to sweetspot them most of the time. If you can hit with the tip of his hand as he's spinning that is usually enough.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
Buttcrust said:
I use the u-b to edgeguard a lot. It's actually my main edgeguard. I always start from a hanging position though. If they are going high enough to where you have to jump to hit them from the stage, then I don't use it. But if they are low enough that I know I can ledgehop it and hit them or below I use u-b. You don't even need to sweetspot them most of the time. If you can hit with the tip of his hand as he's spinning that is usually enough.
Up-B from the ledge is great. I use it pretty much the same way. Either drop from the ledge and Up-B or drop and jump out then Up-B back.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I will attest to King Kong's ability with DK he is very good alot better than those vids suggest. We will record some better ones at our next meet. Oh and my falco also looks bad in those vids its not. Syke post better vids next time!!

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
sorry darkwing but i only have one tape, if i get any vids on them it'll tape over the one i have of your mother. dont cop an attitude with me i simply suggested that ANYONE who has a vid suggestion to make sure the vids are good cause this isnt the amature night at the apollo. soyou.

brahma my friend is borrowing my AR at the momnet so i cant till he brings it back. ill get some clips if i have time since the process takes some time.

MicEdit: Don't censor dodge please.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
TT: No problem, I'm just anxious to get my hands on some hitbox info so I can hone my DK a bit better. I've been trying to work in Down-B some but I'm not entirely sure when and where it hits.

On the subject of Down-B, it can lead to an easy grab on space animals. Helpful if you're like me and you get shined out of every sheild grab attempt.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Brahma said:
On the subject of Down-B, it can lead to an easy grab on space animals. Helpful if you're like me and you get shined out of every sheild grab attempt.
Hmm... I'll have to look into this. It sounds useful and awesome.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
There is one old *** vid where he doesnt even try vs some random fox cuz its a friendly and that's lost in time forever lol.

actionlen

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'm going to shoot some videos this weekend I'm not sure.
But this thread Really need some more videos. I'm going to convince some people from school. To bad I don't have really good Falco or foxes then you could see my cargo skill.
A friend of me plays Jigglypuff. So I don't think I'll get Spectaculair combos ( I will use the Downthrow, jumpcancel grab though.

HMC

Smash Apprentice
I use DK on occasion, and I think I am good with him. I can CG Fox/Falco pretty well, and UAIR on Ganon, etc.

If I had any good vids, any chance they could be added here? Note: This is an alternate account of someone else on SWF with 800+ posts. I am not a rookie or scrub, or whatever. :ohwell:

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I use DK on occasion, and I think I am good with him. I can CG Fox/Falco pretty well, and UAIR on Ganon, etc.

If I had any good vids, any chance they could be added here? Note: This is an alternate account of someone else on SWF with 800+ posts. I am not a rookie or scrub, or whatever. :ohwell:
haha, i don't think that the amount of posts you have dictates how good you are, so me personally, i never associate skill with your number of posts so no worries

HMC

Smash Apprentice
The problem is, nobody I play with really wants to record videos. The only time we ever do is at tourneys.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I haven't gotten a chance to record vids, but when i do, i'll post one up as soon as i get it. Me and my crew are trying to buy the proper equipment to record videos to the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom