• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Video Archive ver. 6.10, last update 7-29-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
hey gud 1 u think of that all day? oh dont mind me, im just getin some popcorn, 2 watch u squeez out that orange jucie from ur butthole, lol. (if u dont get it, that means u hav an oj up ur azz)

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
That Ganon looked like crap. Maybe he was having a bad match or maybe it's a testament to your DK. I don't know but his mindgames were poo.

Your DK is awesome though. I love your style. Your different uses of the u-b are creative and well exectuted. A DK after my own heart. Good job. ;)

King Kong

Smash Lord
Nice work!

Your pretty fast and you have good combos. Your Up-B from the edge is also nice. As is your grab/dash dance game

That gannon ate way to many random attacks though.

One peice of advice i can give you though is to wait out your opponent. Sometimes you tried to follow up that gannon to quickly and he escaped because of it. Better to step back occasionally and follow up.

peace out

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Why can't there be more videos of bum... don't they record matches at Gauntlets anymore? The guys tournament record is MAD impressive by now, it'd be nice to actually see what he does vs. good people.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
He doesn't let people tape him because he doesn't want people to copy his style and because he wants to be like a mystic legendary persona that there have only been tales of. At least that is what I've heard from some good MW players.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
He doesn't let people tape him because he doesn't want people to copy his style and because he wants to be like a mystic legendary persona that there have only been tales of. At least that is what I've heard from some good MW players.
I'd call him a lousy bum for doing that, but it is perhaps too obvious.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Never mind whether they are too old--I don't think Timothy Thomas has much interest in maintaining the first post. So, no need.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Bump

Someone should make an updated video thread like this because more people need to see DK's potential in action. These videos inspired me to use DK, although I'd hate to say replace Thomas Tipman, I'm sure there are more DK videos out there

Ryan-K

Smash Master
lol it's because noone in NY really records anything because everyone is lazy i mean how many recent tourney videos have you seen from wes or pc chris from a regular NY tourney?

King Kong

Smash Lord
Nice DK man! You have awsome giant punch set ups and your approaches are really nice. Well spaced B-airs and your use of the N-air is also cool.

I never seem to be able to get so many shield grabs off on Fox myself though lol :)

Almost makes me want to start using dk again

peace out

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Yeah, CJ has been the most impressive to me and a great deal of what I do I do because I've seen him do it in videos. But my style is nothing at all like CJ's ironically.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Nice DK. Can't say as much for the Fox though...

You used the stage very well, kudos.
KFC is very good, like i said, this was a match between 2 people that play each other all the time, meaning i knew most things he was going to do and how to avoid them, and same with him, secondly, this was only a friendly, neither of us was really playing seriously. If you wanna see how good KFC is, just watch some of his other vids on youtube. Me and him usually win an even amount of matches with each other, you just happened to see one that i won. Oh and also, I think people overlook shield grabbing. I know higher level foxes you would think rarely miss l cancels or shines, but it happens more often than you would think, especially cuz most of them are not used to the timing of the l cancel when they hit a light shield. Light shielding makes the timing change on their l cancel, and if you light shield more often, you will notice that the foxes and falcos will miss more l cancels. Mixing it up between full shielding and light shielding will help you get more shield grabs. One more thing, i've noticed that most people us only u airs when juggling fast fallers, I personally use n air and b air also to juggle. If you are quick, you can do your u air at around 40 damage, and then do either a n air or b air into another grab. You may think this to be pointless if you can just u air, but it can help to confuse them and make them not know which way they should influence. For me, it makes it that much easier to keep thim in a combo....

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
alright, since thomas is retired apparently i am closing this until he comes back to regularly update it

dont worry i shall make a new DK vid topic

and closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom