• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK: Video Archive, including "Hall of Fame"

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
WTF Guyz, I figured we would have a swarm of videos once the American version got released...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'll get some up during next week/this week end. I can assure you.

I'll have videos of PT, Olimar, ddd, Wario, Mario, and a few others including yoshi!!

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Edit: Sorry guys, but I hae been forced to remove these videos from youtube due to silly people (not you, some jerks with a grudge against me).

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
Dust319 said:
I'd love to contribute, but I need more friends, less work, and a way to record matches or convert replays on a mac.
To record: Wii’s AV cords into a camcorder (it should come with connectors for this), camcorder’s HDMI—>FireWire into your Mac (you’ll have to buy this cord), record while playing with iMovie.

To convert: ffmpegX. Extremely powerful and fast tool for any kind of video conversion on Macs, completely free.

Keep those videos coming! I need my fix until the PAL release. :p

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Friend finally uploaded one of the videos, it took like five hours or so. I think he has two or so other videos after this. Anyway here it is, sorry for the quality.

WFL (Dedede) vs. Jin (DK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfZUNlxzg70
I'm going to use some johns here and say that I don't own the game and haven't gotten used to it that much. Other than that i think I played decent in this match, but terrible in the rest of the matches. If I ever get the other videos up you'll see I've started to like diddy a lot more because of his dash attack.

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Keep them coming Jin, I still owe you some on-lines soon too. An elephant never forgets.

I gave my last batch of recorded matches to a friend who hasn't been fooling with them... I'll get them back so I can update you guys with DK vs Jiggs stuff.

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
Kyle, just a suggestion. Do you think perhaps it might be time to start trimming down the library now that there are a fair few DK videos?

Take the DK vs Ike on Wi-Fi match, for instance. It’s absolutely hilarious, but not exactly a paragon of good DK playing … XD

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
About those 4 week old Puff matches I mention... they were ugly...nothing really special. Brawl has been out in the states since than and everyone would also think the match was boring.

Next time guyz
Kyle~

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
kyyyyylee....

http://www.youtube.com/user/Yangwastaken

Thats my youtube, though i'm probably going to be an attention ***** and make my own video thread, because i'm going to start uploading almost every wifi match that i play. =) ive also got my combo video uploading onto Youtube as I type this.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Umm, I took my matches off of youtube. Various complexities.

But would anyone be interested in a DK ditto? I've been trying to improve my DK game, and dittos seem to work well for those kinds of things. I can record it and put it on youtube if you like.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I've got the greatest game recorded against a falco. I'll try to have that + a few others up later

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
good stuff guys, I'll update the list this week and delete the not so awesome vids. =)

Ripple- Where's those Falco's @?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
good stuff guys, I'll update the list this week and delete the not so awesome vids. =)

Ripple- Where's those Falco's @?
soon, I'll also have some games with my friends ICs, toon link, marth, and a few others.

Florida had a DK win a 70 man tournament
I could win something also if Illinois EVER had a tournament

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
thats totally awesome! ^^'

southern dk's are where its at.
Where is Jin from again? It coudl have been him. his monkey is ruthless.

After looking at it, DK's are pretty popular in NY and Main, Not so popular in the south, but we are tough guys. Ripple is rep'n the midwest. I assume Bum has been a big influence in the Big Apple.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Where is Jin from again? It coudl have been him. his monkey is ruthless.

After looking at it, DK's are pretty popular in NY and Main, Not so popular in the south, but we are tough guys. Ripple is rep'n the midwest. I assume Bum has been a big influence in the Big Apple.
Ive heard Bum is pretty much wrecking the north with DK so far, from what ive heard hes won about every tourny, but two, thats just what i heard though, who knows. The DK that won was actually me ( anyway i can think to word that doesn't sound modest at all :()

The smash scene down here is pretty intense right now, past few tournys have been 70-80+ brawl just brought in so many new faces.

When some of the tourny matches that were recorded are posted, ill link them, if thats ok. DK is a monster, just most dont know it, poor souls.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Riot, if you don't mind I would like to play you online. I know it won't be the same as a real person sitting next to you but none the less I need every DK main on my friends list

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Congrats Riot, great work.

Add yoruself on the Friend code thread. I've got teh same demans/priorities as Ripple LOL,

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
DK players seem to be sprouting up all over socal (at least the 805 part of socal). expect to see a bunch of dks place high, even in the big tournaments out in the valley.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
How did you hear of that all the way in NJ?
Well, I'm in IN right now :p Iggy told me and he's good friends with Florida players like Phanna and RockCrock (they play Dota and talk on vent all the time).
What I'm surprised about is how the hell you beat ROB players lol. I would go all DK in tourneys but I have to switch against ROB or take him to Corneria if it's not banned (that stage is too broken for DK), he's my only problem as of now.

Speaking of IN, Darkrain and Tink use DK. Tink thinks he's broken lol.

Here's vids of Darkrains DK. Considering how long ago they were added, I'm surpised they're not up on this thread yet.

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=darkrain+brawl+dk&search_type=

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
I'm another IN DK.

Darkrain is pretty solid. He plays a Melee DK though. Tries to punish everything with grabs and uses Uair a lot. Too many moves push back to far for shield grab to be effective, and Uair is easily airdodged. Also I saw him using ftilt and Bair at high damages, where he should be working in punch/Fsmash for kills.

Less Uair, more Utilt/Usmash, and punish with Ftilt/DownB instead of shield grab, and work smashes/punch in more for kills and I think it will help a lot.

I'll try to get some vids up soon.

Linguini

Smash Master
Well, I'm in IN right now :p Iggy told me and he's good friends with Florida players like Phanna and RockCrock (they play Dota and talk on vent all the time).
What I'm surprised about is how the hell you beat ROB players lol. I would go all DK in tourneys but I have to switch against ROB or take him to Corneria if it's not banned (that stage is too broken for DK), he's my only problem as of now.

Here's vids of Darkrains DK. Considering how long ago they were added, I'm surpised they're not up on this thread yet.

ROB is pretty easy with DK, you outspace him in the air and in the ground, his projectiles are really easy to get around, and you can combo the **** out of him.What are you having trouble with.
Oh and Riot is a beast.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Riot, if you don't mind I would like to play you online. I know it won't be the same as a real person sitting next to you but none the less I need every DK main on my friends list
Weird enough i dont actually own the game, however, i do play quite often at this gaming center/LAN center i go to almost everyday since i have somewhat the equivalent of no life, as soon as i get it though i'll post freind codes ASAP.

Actually, we dont have any really solid ROB mains down here. I know my boy XIF in GA plays him, hoping he comes down in the summer to school me in ROB jerkology

ROB is pretty easy with DK, you outspace him in the air and in the ground, his projectiles are really easy to get around, and you can combo the **** out of him.What are you having trouble with.
Oh and Riot is a beast.
Lex has a pretty disguisting ROB even though he plays olimar, it gives me way to many problems.

Top Bottom