• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Patch 1.10 Changes

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Confirmed Changes

- Cargo Utoss base kb 90 -> 58, kb growth 30 -> 52 (more consistent followups at higher %'s and floaty characters)

- Usmash hitbox size increased 7.5/6 -> 8.8/7

- Fsmash hitbox size increased 5 -> 5.7
- Fsmash bone intangibility for head and both arms on frames 20-26

- Dash Attack hits frames 9-24 from 10-21 (hits 1 frame earlier and lasts longer)
- Dash Attack ends earlier 48 -> 41

- Spot Dodge invincibilty decreased 4-20 -> 4-19
- Forward Roll invincibility decreased 4-18 -> 4-17
- Backward Roll invincibility decreased 4-18 -> 4-17

Unchanged

- Still suicides on block with punches
- Still does buggy ghost wind-up and cancels charge with shield
- Dthrow still laggy and useless
- Kong Cyclone still has SA

Last edited:

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
Cargo up-throw have a lot less knockback, it is now a lot easier to combo into U-air even on floatty characters. And it's a guaranteed kill on fast faller...

Luigi player

Smash Master
damn, its super good now, HYPE

nair seems to have it's ending-autocancel earlier
also he has electric effects if his moves hit, was this always like that? (it can't be that I've never noticed o,o)

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Maybe it's just me, but his ftilt fist connects at his hand now (before it was in the Z axis or something so it wiffed almost always?)... maybe someone can test this better?

also with all the "electric" effects DK also seems to have more hitlag now... this is so weird playing him now. the timing will be quite different for things. don't think it's a placebo.. but maybe it is :S

Last edited:

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
The cargo buff is fking amazing. It's pretty great now. Still need more buffs but this is definitely going in the right direction
^I noticed that too. Falco's bair now has electricity as well, That effected a lot of characters. (electricity/ animation changes)

DkDaggers

Smash Rookie
That's awesome. DK might well have the most dangerous grab in the game now. Back, forward and down throw stage spikes, a backthrow which kills early, a cargo jump backthrow that kills off the top, plus now a cargo upthrow with solid combo potential.

When you add DK's shield breaking options into the mix it becomes a dangerous game to shield against the Dong!

Luigi player

Smash Master
From the data dump from Dantarion:

- Usmash: hitbox size: 7.5 -> 8.80000019073
- Fsmash: hitbox size: 5.0 -> 5.69999980927

Also from testing they truly feel bigger which is awesome. Usmash hits more to the sides as well now! And Fsmash finally hits with the fingers as well (like in Brawl).

Dashattack also has a change, not sure what it is though (it could be 1 frame faster).
Edit: Now that I've looked at other characters more, it really seems like the hitbox for dashattack is now frame 9-24 instead of 10-21. Awesome! (they end at 25 and 22 respectively, but I think that's when you can do your next action since Big O has 10-21 for dashattacks framedata)

Here's the file if you want to see:
http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/raw/diff-128-144/donkey.html

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
From the data dump from Dantarion:

- Usmash: hitbox size: 7.5 -> 8.80000019073
- Fsmash: hitbox size: 5.0 -> 5.69999980927

Also from testing they truly feel bigger which is awesome. Usmash hits more to the sides as well now! And Fsmash finally hits with the fingers as well (like in Brawl).

Dashattack also has a change, not sure what it is though (it could be 1 frame faster).
Edit: Now that I've looked at other characters more, it really seems like the hitbox for dashattack is now frame 9-24 instead of 10-21. Awesome! (they end at 25 and 22 respectively, but I think that's when you can do your next action since Big O has 10-21 for dashattacks framedata)

Here's the file if you want to see:
http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/raw/diff-128-144/donkey.html
YABADABADOO!!!!

I thought F Smash was bigger. I had zero suit Samus continuously walk into me and while I didn't hit her every time I was hitting her unlike pre=patch! So glad about these Smash Attack buffs!

Neonicus

Smash Rookie
NNID
blueneonwarrior
Could you guys confirm for me if His dair and fair are faster? I'm just not sure if it's my imagination. They just feel faster

Luigi player

Smash Master
Could you guys confirm for me if His dair and fair are faster? I'm just not sure if it's my imagination. They just feel faster
DK only has changes in these 4 moves:
- dashattack
- fsmash
- usmash
- cargo utoss

edit: hmm I guess endinglag isn't included in those data dumps, so maybe there is something else.

Last edited:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Cargo buff is awesome!
How useful is the upsmash now? does it hit more reliably on ground opponents now or used OoS a little better?

This makes me happy, its a good day to be a Kong my friends.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Ah nice so DKs fsmash has intangible arms now! He can now hit trough attacks that would've stopped him otherwise because they touched his arms while DK was trying to reach forward, awesome!

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Oh nice. So it seems they fixed the issues with Fsmash and Usmash that a lot of people around here having talking about since last year.

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
I love the cargo buff, but I feel like it's gonna get nerf in the next patch... it's kinda too good, no? I don't want it too change, but I can see a lot of people complaining about it in the coming weeks.

Shog

Smash Ace
Damn Donkey Kong got improved a lot actually. Donkey Kong with a throw kill combo is amazing

DkDaggers

Smash Rookie
I haven't done any testing yet, but it may be that 67 is the magic number. Any lower and she lives, any higher and the knockback from the upthrow stops the Uair from connecting. Also DI might save her too. Whatever the case, I'll take it!

HiD_iDK

Smash Rookie
Not a true combo but still wanted to record this and share because Sheik deserves it : )

Last edited:

CO18

Smash Hero
I haven't done any testing yet, but it may be that 67 is the magic number. Any lower and she lives, any higher and the knockback from the upthrow stops the Uair from connecting. Also DI might save her too. Whatever the case, I'll take it!
I tested this crap, its like a 17% range where it will true combo and kill at same time. It was like 75-92 when dk is at 0 without rage on sheik and 59-76 with rage with dk at 100. Dk will just end up getting falco brawl treatment and platform camped once they get into that true combo+kill range until they take on the percent that they're out of it.

Last edited:

ToeMonkey

Smash Rookie
NNID
ToeMonkey
It's more than just UpCargo Upairs. For most characters at lower percentages, you can reliably get Jumping UpCargo to: Nair (back hitbox) to Bair AND Nair (front hitbox) to UpAir. We have a 34% combo now!

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
This patch is well deserved, it evens the odds for us in alot of match ups where we can be juggled easily. I hope it stays like this so lets try not to hype it up too much or papa sakurai will hit us with the nerf stick haha

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
It's more than just UpCargo Upairs. For most characters at lower percentages, you can reliably get Jumping UpCargo to: Nair (back hitbox) to Bair AND Nair (front hitbox) to UpAir. We have a 34% combo now!
He had a +50% combo before, UpCargo --> Nair --> UpB. But it only worked on a couple characters at very low %. I bet it's a lot easier to pull off now.

Top Bottom