• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJC nair vs FC nair

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
which is faster/more viable? I find the djc more easy to execute but drk.pch once told me to float cancel the nair for pillaring. why fc it when it's easier to djc+lcancel it?

darkatma

Smash Hero
DJC - L canceled nair is generally bad. Unless you do it very close to the ground, they'll have time to shieldgrab you. The shieldstun of a nair isnt enough, plus L canceling won't give you frame advantage

FC nair allows you a slightly bigger window. You still have to be near the ground, and fastfall it though.

Just watch armada. When's the last time you've seen him do a djc nair to pressure?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Is L-cancelling her nair out of djc not recommended then? I do this all the time is that dangerous? I usually slap immediately afterwards then djc nair> float fair.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Well so just float for a split second? I assumed if I floated I would actually be in a vulnerable animation in the air longer than the double jump cancel.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
whether you djc or fc, you still need to leave the ground. So the main time that you will be vulnerable is during your jump start-up. after you're in the air, fc or djc cancel are just about as fast. However, when you land, if you float cancelled you'll have less lag than if you double jump cancelled.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Peach's djc is a bit slower than her fc because if you do the dj as soon as possible you'll hit the ground. This is true for Ness too (not sure about Yoshi and Mewtwo), but there's a pretty large window that this can happen (vs. Ness' at least).

Peach's djc is just awkward and doesn't really work well with most of her aerials. I use it only to space turnips and hit people high up in the air when I need that extra boost.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
So the nair hitbox is out during each of those nairs? I don't know if I can believe it... the full hitbox? That seems like the best shield pressure ever next to fox's multi-shine

Top Bottom