• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I personally hate Diddy Kong, I hope they won't put Dixie Kong in the game. Please, no.
Sound the alarm! Code Red! We have a hater among us! Begin purge protocol immediately!

Naw, just kidding! But seriously, Yuya, this isn't the best place to say things like this. Really.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Oh, it's baaaaad. I can hear the countdown clock ticking down in my head. Those beavers and the hole they're supposed to go in are like oil and water.

I kind of regret typing that honestly. People are going to post screenshots on other sites saying Dixie Kongs fans are toxic for threatening that. Maybe I went overboard.

I'm sorry guys.

Dixie would definitely not approve. Mostly cause she wasn't wasn't in that game.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Some kind of Snake/Palutena codecs but with Cranky would be the real thing.

Admiral Bobbery

Smash Rookie
Imagine if we got Dixie AND the return of Kiddy Kong(Probably as an Echo)? Just to like, close out the DKC series. I think I would shed a tear.

Spatman

Smash Ace
You know - that last 5 second clip of K. Rool stomping DK and Diddy seems suspiciously odd. It detracts from the theatric ending of the CG trailer for what? A bit of sub par slapstick comedy?
it's to make a reference to the first battle against him, when he fakes out his death and after ending titles lifts again, ready to fight

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I just realised that all 3 of the DK characters basically debuted in DKC. While DK was technically in other games it was Cranky. So the 3 DK characters in Smash all debuted in the same game.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I watched the k.rool trailer again today and it still gives me goosebumps! And the Castlevania content in smash, did you listen the to music? It's so great! I can't wait to play smash ultimate. I'm really grateful for k.rool and if Dixie makes it in, that would be the perfect game for me. I really really hope she gets revealed in the next direct, I don't want her as Assist trophy though, only playable Dixie would satisfy me. Sakurai did such a phenomenal job, please give us Dixie kong too :-)

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
To hate the way Diddy plays and want less characters like him to fight against, because he's so annoyingly good, is kind of a funny way to not want Dixie in the game... heh. It'd be like me saying I don't want a Jeanne Echo of Bayonetta because I can't stand playing against her and wouldn't want another character like her in the game because of it.

Dixie Kong though, guys, Dixie, in my honest opinion, is way better than Diddy Kong. And my opinion of Diddy has no bearing on why I want Dixie in this game, really, I just think she's the better character in the DKC series, in nearly every way.

I'm cool with an Echo, it'll do her justice. As long as they change a few poses, a few animations (her jump and duck need to reflect her games rather than reflect Diddy's), give her a new Up Special, and some cosmetic changes like the pirouette for her dash and the gumball popgun for her standard B (with a slight functional difference, with it not dropping nuts to pick up and eat, but maybe instead, the gumballs could bounce? Like Yoshi's new egg throw?). THEN, if they make those changes, then it would do her justice, heh...

What I would like better, but perhaps still realistic. Is some hybrid between DK and Diddy, where Dixie takes a few moves from DK. The Up Special, spinning kong (helicopter ponytail twirl which is what DK's spinning Kong originates from anyway), the side special, headbutt (slams her ponytail down forward, burying opponents), the down special, handslap (slamming her hair back and forth on the ground, exactly what she does in DKCTF), and the grab and throw (where she picks up and can carry opponents with her ponytail). Then the rest could be plucked from Diddy, and then, to me, she'd be the perfect Dixie. And the whole time, she'd still be an Echo, just pulling from DK as well Diddy.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I personally hate Diddy Kong, I hope they won't put Dixie Kong in the game. Please, no.
Guys you're all missing the point of his post here. It's to make one statement, and then make an unrelated statement that connects as loosely as possible. A fun game, I can try this too!

I personally hate Zero Suit Samus, so I really hope they remove Dark Samus from the game. Please, no.

I personally hate Super Mario RPG, I hope Paper Mario doesn't make it in. Please, no.

I personally loved the game "Banjo-Kazooie", I think Conker should be in!

Same here! I hope they kill them off in DK65.
I think it's hilarious that you followed The Yuyo-Noboru guy to the "Characters you don't want in Smash" and liked his post.

His post was literally just "Dixie Kong" with no reasons stated whatsoever. And then underneath it says.

"Dixie Kong likes this."

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
You know, I'm not even hostile towards those who don't support Dixie. My little brother isn't a big supporter, as he'd much rather see Bandana Dee or Skull Kid, and that's fine.

But if you're gonna come into a character support thread and state your disinterest, at least have some arguments prepared, you know? Saying "I hate X. Therefore, Y shouldn't exist (in Smash)" isn't even logically valid, let alone an understandable point of view. I enjoy dissenters as they give us things to think about and bounce our beliefs off of, but at least HAVE an argument formed. Else you just look like a troll.

You know how I show that I don't much care for a character or don't really support them? I just don't go on their thread. Especially if I don't know enough about them to form a valid point in the face of their defenders. Let people enjoy what they enjoy, why show up to try to bring everyone down, you know?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
A Dixie Kong that grabs with her hair, attacks with it and overall uses it like a 5th limb would be so interesting to use in Smash Bros. Just think: a 5-limbed chimp who has a ponytail that's stronger than the rest of her extremities and can potentially fly with it sounds like fun. There's no true grapplers in the series ATM and Dixie could fill that void; that in addition to all the other stuff Dixie can do would make her a creative combatant.

Machete

Smash Ace
You know, I'm not even hostile towards those who don't support Dixie. My little brother isn't a big supporter, as he'd much rather see Bandana Dee or Skull Kid, and that's fine.

But if you're gonna come into a character support thread and state your disinterest, at least have some arguments prepared, you know? Saying "I hate X. Therefore, Y shouldn't exist (in Smash)" isn't even logically valid, let alone an understandable point of view. I enjoy dissenters as they give us things to think about and bounce our beliefs off of, but at least HAVE an argument formed. Else you just look like a troll.

You know how I show that I don't much care for a character or don't really support them? I just don't go on their thread. Especially if I don't know enough about them to form a valid point in the face of their defenders. Let people enjoy what they enjoy, why show up to try to bring everyone down, you know?
Eh, I think it's fair for people who don't like or support a particular character to go to a support thread to debate. Proper discussion is the basis of any and all forum. Of course, I mean proper discussion, not drive-by hate.

Like, for example, if someone were to argue that while Dixie certainly has potential to be unique, they'd prefer her to be an echo fighter because there are characters that can only make it in by being fully unique, whereas you can make an acceptable Dixie by changing a few of Diddy's moves and animations. I could understand someone thinking like that.

Or even, if you didn't want Dixie in (...for whatever reason, I couldn't think of any good one), it's good for those to be said, too. It's good to know not just the benefits and good points of a character, but also the points of contention and potential problems others have. It is a good reality check to know the other side of the coin, since there is always the chance Sakurai might be of that opinion.

...Now, naturally, that applies to characters other than Dixie Kong, since everyone knows she absolutely should be in this game and any and all arguments against her are bull :p

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Eh, I think it's fair for people who don't like or support a particular character to go to a support thread to debate. Proper discussion is the basis of any and all forum. Of course, I mean proper discussion, not drive-by hate.

Like, for example, if someone were to argue that while Dixie certainly has potential to be unique, they'd prefer her to be an echo fighter because there are characters that can only make it in by being fully unique, whereas you can make an acceptable Dixie by changing a few of Diddy's moves and animations. I could understand someone thinking like that.

Or even, if you didn't want Dixie in (...for whatever reason, I couldn't think of any good one), it's good for those to be said, too. It's good to know not just the benefits and good points of a character, but also the points of contention and potential problems others have. It is a good reality check to know the other side of the coin, since there is always the chance Sakurai might be of that opinion.

...Now, naturally, that applies to characters other than Dixie Kong, since everyone knows she absolutely should be in this game and any and all arguments against her are bull :p
Yep, exactly. Counterarguments are healthy for any debate or speculation, but you should probably have an actual argument. I don't see the point of coming in, proclaiming you hate a certain character, using that as citation for why a different character from the same franchise is literally unwelcome, and say nothing more. Its pretty pointless if you ask me, and just begging for scrutiny.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
That's very interesting:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...inks_of_his_appearance_in_smash_bros_ultimate

The creator of dixie kong also thinks she has a very good chance to appear in smash. And he wants her kneepads back! :-D
Oh snap, that's awesome. I like how Steve Mayles himself openly acknowledges Dixie and Banjo as characters who have a good shot at the roster, with Dixie being number #1 now in his eyes too. It's a pretty strong statement for these characters. Have the Banjo supporters seen that Phil Spencer is on board with Banjo being in? Because it would put their thread in aneurisms.

Edit: Oops I just realized I double posted, my bad.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Kneepads would be cool, but I'm going to go one step beyond and say... Rare pin. Bring back the Rare pin!! Heh. Well, if Banjo-Kazooie is in, they couuuuuld?

Awesome to see Mayles geeking out alongside all of us, the artist behind these characters. It feels, so dang good, don't it? But why stop here! There's three more Steve Mayles creations that deserve to be in Smash, and I'm super hopeful they'll make it in!

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Kneepads would be cool, but I'm going to go one step beyond and say... Rare pin. Bring back the Rare pin!! Heh. Well, if Banjo-Kazooie is in, they couuuuuld?

Awesome to see Mayles geeking out alongside all of us, the artist behind these characters. It feels, so dang good, don't it? But why stop here! There's three more Steve Mayles creations that deserve to be in Smash, and I'm super hopeful they'll make it in!
Are Banjo and Kazooie being treated as two? Because if not, I'm wondering who the 3rd creation would be.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Yessssss~ I said a while back that the knee pads should come back! I thought maybe I was being a bit too nitpicky but it's super awesome that the creator feels the same way. <3

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
you know what design element i liked, is the headband she had under her beret. its a small detail that you barely even saw in-game but i like that its there for whatever reason.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh snap, that's awesome. I like how Steve Mayles himself openly acknowledges Dixie and Banjo as characters who have a good shot at the roster, with Dixie being number #1 now in his eyes too. It's a pretty strong statement for these characters. Have the Banjo supporters seen that Phil Spencer is on board with Banjo being in? Because it would put their thread in aneurisms.

Edit: Oops I just realized I double posted, my bad.
We certainly have! Though it seems from the article Steve is talking about Phil talking openly about being cool with Banjo back in 2015, which obviously was amazing news at the time that no doubt let to Banjo's reportedly stellar ballot performance. (Obviously I contributed a bit.)

The most recent thing Phil has said, was only him reitertating that he was fine with Banjo in the game by saying "Yep" back in March, so right now we're hoping there's not a whole lot to that statement, just because clearly Banjo being in would already be decided. Phil obviously as head of Xbox wouldn't be held to the same scrutiny as a random contractor for NDAs, but I'd be worried if he said anything else. (Which he notably has not, which is good, considering how vocal he was on the idea back in 2015.)

Rare has notably been completely silent about Banjo in Smash, including Gregg Mayles who is still the company's head. He did talk about K. Rool after his reveal but has otherwise been surprisingly silent...

It makes us Banjo fans *very* curious!

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Are Banjo and Kazooie being treated as two? Because if not, I'm wondering who the 3rd creation would be.
My guess would be Funky or Cranky, Mayles designed nearly the whole Rare DK cast so it's probably another DK character.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Had a thought earlier today: Maybe they're holding back on the Jungle Hijinx stage because they're planning to retexture the stage and covered in snow for Dixie Kong's reveal? Would be a quick and easy way to get some Tropical freeze representation in the game! I always loved how the last world of TF was a Frozen DK island.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Had a thought earlier today: Maybe they're holding back on the Jungle Hijinx stage because they're planning to retexture the stage and covered in snow for Dixie Kong's reveal? Would be a quick and easy way to get some Tropical freeze representation in the game! I always loved how the last world of TF was a Frozen DK island.
They haven't redesigned any stage like that so I think such a thing is highly doubtful. It would come off as super lazy. I suspect Jungle Hijinx is gone because its two-plane mechanic doesn't work with stage morphing.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
They haven't redesigned any stage like that so I think such a thing is highly doubtful. It would come off as super lazy. I suspect Jungle Hijinx is gone because its two-plane mechanic doesn't work with stage morphing.
yes..and in my opinion .. DK deserve a newer stage from new donkey kong....
it's sad if they removed this stage and dont add any...but well i guess its ok the 2 melee one are really pretty.
seems like sakurai know that and put more and more work on these 2 remake to compensate.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Yeah, those are the two I meant. Dixie Kong, Banjo, and Kazooie! They seem like the last few essentials to add to the series.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Yeah, those are the two I meant. Dixie Kong, Banjo, and Kazooie! They seem like the last few essentials to add to the series.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering if you were treating Banjo & Kazooie as one. The 3rd I thought you were gonna say Yooka & Laylee and I was about to be "umm okay...no"

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Well it's like I said on the Banjo thread, getting applauded by the guy who created the characters we're rooting for is an honor and a pretty big compliment. Mayles was awestruck by the K Rool support and greatly admired the movesets built by Banjo supporters. And this is coming from the guy who literally brought these characters to life.

The only big creation he talked about that didn't get a shout-out recognizing the fans in that interview was actually Dixie. Hey BirthNote BirthNote and VeemonTamer VeemonTamer , have you guys considered tweeting Steve your movesets, seeing as how much effort you put into them? If you haven't already of course. His Twitter is basically nothing but celebrating his characters and their fans. He even tweeted the letters he got from the Kutthroats thanking him. I bet he would retweet and acknowledge the hard work you guys put into his character. Getting a compliment from the man himself is well-deserved for you guys.

Top Bottom