• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
^ While I agree with what you have said about assist trophies. Gotta be honest the only assist trophy so far that made me feel "burned" was Krystal. She was right under K.Rool and Dixie for characters I wanted for Smash. After sitting on it a bit I'm glad she's in the game at all but part of me feels all the assists in the game won't get promoted to playable character until the next game. I doubt we get them as DLC for this game. It's just hard for me to complain to much regarding her loss when I got K.Rool, Ridley, Chrom, Dark Samus, and Inklings. All characters I'm personally hyped for which is sure as hell a lot more than I was for Smash Wii U/3DS.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
When you get right down to it, people just want their characters to be playable.

Ridley fans weren't like "cool, my character is a boss, but at least he's in Smash." They wanted him playable.

It's a simple desire of wanting to play as a character. I can never understand the mindset of "people who wanted X as a character should just be happy they're an AT or stage hazard!" Because it doesn't work like that. At the end of the day, "at least they are in Smash" is a small consolation prize at best for those who want to play as a certain character.

Being a playable character in Smash is like entering a pantheon of all-stars, it's essentially the video game hall of fame. And many characters who would otherwise have been forgotten are now immortalized through it. So I can absolutely understand the feelings of those bummed by AT deconfirmations, and why I'm of a mind that ATs getting promoted in DLC is a very real possibility.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
One thing I haven't seen discussed before is Dixie's voice in Smash. We know Sakurai gave DK, Diddy, and K.Rool "realistic" animal noises. But what would he do with Dixie? I can't even imagine hearing Dixie sound like a "realistic" ape/chimp (whatever she is). But if she uses her cutesy/girly voice (preferably) then she kinda sticks out from the rest of the DK characters. I definitely wouldn't mind but it would be a bit odd.
I'd assume she'd get similar realistic monkey sounds like diddy does, maybe just higher pitched ones.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
One thing I haven't seen discussed before is Dixie's voice in Smash. We know Sakurai gave DK, Diddy, and K.Rool "realistic" animal noises. But what would he do with Dixie? I can't even imagine hearing Dixie sound like a "realistic" ape/chimp (whatever she is). But if she uses her cutesy/girly voice (preferably) then she kinda sticks out from the rest of the DK characters. I definitely wouldn't mind but it would be a bit odd.
Well, we still got Bowser Jr. and Koopalings next to *Kaiju-noises*-Bowser, so maybe she could pull off such novelty. Or they make her sound like Diddy, except girlier. :p

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Id like to go on record to state that this Dixie thread has become something toxic and unpleasant. I understand wanting your character in the game, we are here because we support Dixie, but the level of aggression in the posts to users who support the same character and just view different words from Sakurai differently, is absolutely astounding. If Dixie were to be given inclusion or not based on the merits of the fanbase, Id have to say we dont deserve her, if this thread is any indication.

Luckily, that really is irrelevant, and she has the makings of a character who was in the game from the beginning. Hopefully then we can be more kind to one another in this thread.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
A few users did get too heated over the echo debate, I'll agree on that front. But healthy debate doesn't hurt anyone, as long as people don't take it too far.

In the end I just hope that if Dixie makes it in we can all appreciate that she made it, regardless of her moveset. Obviously we'd all like unique Dixie, and we might still get unique Dixie. But if she's in, even as an echo, she'd be like I mentioned in my post above, among the Nintendo all-stars, immortalized through Smash and its community, played in tournaments, drawn in fanart, probably appearing more in her home series, the whole shebang. If echo Dixie happens, I hope people don't lose sight of all that, though I'd understand the feelings of disappointment.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Looks like you could read this post I made. Beware though, it's very passive-aggressive. I've had a long resentment on how Sakurai tends to treat NPC'd characters in Smash-games.

If to give a rundown without wearing my Angry Mole Hat though...

Assists mainly are not liked in the game due the way they are implemented due being just another version of already existing summoning item, and how they tend to dumb down the characters featured within them.
Basically, this is not a problem when done on various mooks or minor NPCs that are there (Hammer Bro Chef, Kawasaki, Moon, Dr.Kawashima, etc) - but when it's done on fan-favorites that most people have wanted to see, it tends to come off an off-handed reducing of their legacy or character to being a mere summon, especially if the fanbase had ton of support or dedication to them. Doesn't also help that they tend to be random too, so it makes it even more annoying to appreciate them when you might as well get Hammer Bros or similar instead, making it feel they really are just another "item" in Smash.

Pokeballs worked better due how the featured Pokemon are interchangeable and generic on their own, unless they seem have been highly requested as well (Zoroark or Mimikyu), but again, as these tend to be one of a whole species, it makes them similar to enemy mooks Assist Trophies have.

The worst part though is that Smash has such a wide presence and influence on Nintendo-fans and even gaming overall, yet Sakurai for some reason seems to have an infamous tendency to portray some of the Assists or NPCSas pathetic or ridiculed in particular, such as Starfy and Waluigi.
Depending on the characters' obscurity, if the players tend to see them the way they are in Smash, they tend to believe that's all that is to the character, or misinterpret them in other major ways, unless they were done enough faithfully.

For example, Sakurai decided to portray Starfy very inaccurately just to drive down how "pathetic" he is for some reason - meanwhile he made Prince Sable use his abilities well and be competent on top of it as an Assist. As of today, a lot of the Smash's fanbase - bigger than Starfy's, mind you - take him as seen as some ****** weakling or a Kirby-ripoff, while a lot of these same fans took a big interest on For The Frog The Bell Tolls-game, if you go check Youtube.

So it kind of matters how you decided to portray these characters to the fans, especially in such a big event in gaming as Smash.

Finally, the Assists cease to exist in the game when no items are involved,which is what most high-level players of Smash prefer, and what tournaments are built around. This is sometimes why I wish we just could use them as summonable partners like in Marvel VS Capcom 1.

On the bright side, situation has marginally improved after Assists started to gain more attention from the fan community after we got very well-known picks like Bomberman, Alucard, Shovel Knight, etc. As of late I've seen some people actually do some fan content for Assists instead of just ignoring them like they did in Smash 4 or so. Deconfirmed Waluigi probably added on this too:

In whole though, the fan-favorite characters turned to Assists are very divisive as a consolation prize within the fanbase, and doesn't mesh well with how they're mixed with mooks or similarly minor NPCs from the games featured.
It's a very interesting question that I never thought of. Assist trophies I thought back in Brawl were pretty cool additions back then. Now I still like Assist Trophies but the most controversial part about it is when characters with big potential get relegated to that role. Take for example, Waluigi is among my most wanted characters for playable character status. When I watched the E3 Direct back in June, it was a fantastic presentation all-around. Every single veteran returning and the satisfaction of Ridley's confirmation, all except one thing, Waluigi being revealed as an Assist Trophy, again...

There was a lot of backlash considering Waluigi's exclusion even reaching the Washington Post of all places. Of course it's not right for two fake Waluigi "fans" to be harassing Sakurai's official Twitter account. Because of that, genuine Waluigi fans like myself and many others are lumped together as a "toxic fanbase" and that's not right at all. Don't get me started on the whole Waluigi is a "meme character" thing ugh. We as fans have a right to an opinion to say that we're not satisfied with this lesser role in a respectful manner that is.

Ever since we were little, many dream of seeing their favorite characters to be in this spectacle. I see Super Smash Bros. as like the Hall of Fame for like pro baseball and pro football. Each year a select group manages to get that call for Canton, Ohio or Cooperstown, New York (where the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Baseball Hall of Fame are located respectively). Then there are quite a few who don't get selected and yes there is disappointment. That's the way it is with certain characters who are Assist Trophies. So far Little Mac and Dark Samus have made that jump to playable. Assist Trophies currently in Ultimate who I want to see playable eventually include Waluigi, Takamaru, Krystal, and Knuckles. Then there the past ATs like Dillon, Saki, Shadow, and Isaac. Isaac and Shadow are the most likely ATs to make that playable leap, hopefully.
Being a playable character in Smash is like entering a pantheon of all-stars, it's essentially the video game hall of fame. And many characters who would otherwise have been forgotten are now immortalized through it. So I can absolutely understand the feelings of those bummed by AT deconfirmations, and why I'm of a mind that ATs getting promoted in DLC is a very real possibility.
I agree with you on that point. It's a possibility no matter how low the chances of it occurring. Let's focus on the base game first and then we'll see about DLC after launch. I did come across this page discussing the AT to playable chances which I found interesting. Will it happen, who knows.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , BravadoMan_13 BravadoMan_13 and Arymle Roseanne Arymle Roseanne , Ah... Now I see why people aren't happy with them. They come across as getting snubbed and in some cases mocked officially. While none of the characters I've ever wanted became Assists, I understand the pain of it now.

I think going forward, Sakurai could try re-branding them like he did with "Clones". I seriously think the outcry over Lucina and Dark Pit (Martha and Spit (get it? Girl Marth and Pit-Two) are my nicknames for them) in SSB4 and Sakurai's response back then led him to showcase those types of fighters in a positive light. If he can turn public opinion around for them, then an Assist Trophy should be no problem. Maybe he could have a distinction between random minions like Lakitu and noteworthy characters like Alucard, where the former is relegated to some new item and the latter gets prestige. Basically: "This item is for simple minions but THIS item calls in characters who have made an impact". If they get treated as Honorable Mentions instead of Not Good Enough I'm sure people won't be as upset with them.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Id like to go on record to state that this Dixie thread has become something toxic and unpleasant. I understand wanting your character in the game, we are here because we support Dixie, but the level of aggression in the posts to users who support the same character and just view different words from Sakurai differently, is absolutely astounding. If Dixie were to be given inclusion or not based on the merits of the fanbase, Id have to say we dont deserve her, if this thread is any indication.

Luckily, that really is irrelevant, and she has the makings of a character who was in the game from the beginning. Hopefully then we can be more kind to one another in this thread.
??? I don't see what you see at all. There are people disagreeing. Is that toxicity? Nope.

And as more of a general response than to the post above specifically: there's nothing wrong with being unsatisfied with the idea of an echo Dixie. There's nothing wrong with expecting more. You can still be disappointed with aspects of an incredible game with great value. If it comes to that, you can understand the circumstances and reasoning for the decision and still not like it. If Dixie turns out to be an echo, I will look on the positive side of her being included in the biggest videogame crossover ever. But I will probably still be to some extent disappointed if she turns out to be too derivative. And that's fine, disappointment is fine and isn't the end of the world.

In fact, I think being disappointed can be useful when it makes sense. We can't influence the base roster now, but maybe our disappointment can influence DLC or how future games are developed, assuming Dixie is in as an echo or Dixie is not included at all. It's not a straightforward thing, we're just one corner of the Smash fanbase, but I think there's value in contesting the idea that Dixie is "good enough" as an echo.

There will be other Smash games. There will be DLC. An appetite for more is part of how Smash Bros works and what will power the franchise for years to come.

And regarding disappointment, weaponizing disappointment is kind of the only reason you can bodyslam Pikachu with a golden belly we hadn't seen since 1999.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Honestly, I really wish Sakurai would add an "assist meter" or something where you could maybe choose an assist character of your choice to join you alongside battle, and throw out attacks when the meter fills up. This way assist trophies don't have to be "random," and you can have some amount of control over the character, even if it's more indirect.

Obviously not all ATs would make the cut (stuff like Nintendog, for example wouldn't really work), but some of the less crazy ones, like Zero, Alucard, SHovel Knight, Ashley, Waluigi, Lyn, etc. would work.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Honestly, I really wish Sakurai would add an "assist meter" or something where you could maybe choose an assist character of your choice to join you alongside battle, and throw out attacks when the meter fills up. This way assist trophies don't have to be "random," and you can have some amount of control over the character, even if it's more indirect.

Obviously not all ATs would make the cut (stuff like Nintendog, for example wouldn't really work), but some of the less crazy ones, like Zero, Alucard, SHovel Knight, Ashley, Waluigi, Lyn, etc. would work.
Been dying to see this get implement one day. Imagine just pairing these characters with the playable ones, allowing for better matchups among other useful things. I mean I guess it'd make Smash suddenly copy those other crossover fighters with this mechanic, which IDK if Sakurai's keen to doing, but it'd be much better than the poorly aged "Look now who joined in this Smash-fight!"-thing that he keeps selling Assists as.

~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , BravadoMan_13 BravadoMan_13 and Arymle Roseanne Arymle Roseanne , Ah... Now I see why people aren't happy with them. They come across as getting snubbed and in some cases mocked officially. While none of the characters I've ever wanted became Assists, I understand the pain of it now.

I think going forward, Sakurai could try re-branding them like he did with "Clones". I seriously think the outcry over Lucina and Dark Pit (Martha and Spit (get it? Girl Marth and Pit-Two) are my nicknames for them) in SSB4 and Sakurai's response back then led him to showcase those types of fighters in a positive light. If he can turn public opinion around for them, then an Assist Trophy should be no problem. Maybe he could have a distinction between random minions like Lakitu and noteworthy characters like Alucard, where the former is relegated to some new item and the latter gets prestige. Basically: "This item is for simple minions but THIS item calls in characters who have made an impact". If they get treated as Honorable Mentions instead of Not Good Enough I'm sure people won't be as upset with them.
He totally has a power to do that, really. It's kind of why I want Assists - the more noteworthy individual protagonist/character ones - get overhauled to become better part of the game, and see them join my battles under my control, while marketed this way. Fans would totally love them and be probably as excited as playable characters due being also integrated on the main fights and have variables that aren't just limited to item-based fights.

Currently them feeling like "Pokemon", feels kind on off on some due how some of them could be powerful fighters on their own (hence why I feel they're "item-fied"). It's sad because as of late, the selection of them, when removing mooks or other minor NPCs, looks almost as robust and impressive as the base roster at times. If Sakurai made them feel more than just "random-summonable items", I'm sure they'd grow fanbases and reputations of their own (Imagine Ashley being one of those "top tier assists" and getting fan content/noteworthiness in Smash-community just for that).

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Dixie, Dixie, where are you, Dixie.

Every day I refresh Smash news and gaming sites looking for info on the direct. Where is Dixie.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This one goes out to all the people who thought I’d never made it *Biggie voice*

2CE9DC52-6979-4C13-9C4D-BC077660D06B.jpeg

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I kind of wish they worked like Kirby partners in the single player modes, basically sticking around until they hit a certain percentage or hit hard enough into the blast zones.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I kind of wish they worked like Kirby partners in the single player modes, basically sticking around until they hit a certain percentage or hit hard enough into the blast zones.
Perhaps. I don't know if I'd want assists to be TOO powerful though. I was thinking they could only take a certain amount of hits before having to leave and wait to be summoned again. The amount of hits could also maybe change depending on if its a 1v1 fight or if there's more than 2 fighters.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sounds like how they'd already function in the game, except probably sticking close to you. I guess they could robust some characters's movepool, such as Jeff or Starfy, and have them change their attacks/moves depending on how far the meter goes, kinda like the summon system in Card Saga Wars. (One insanely good-looking MUGEN-engine fighter BTW).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
??? I don't see what you see at all. There are people disagreeing. Is that toxicity? Nope.

And as more of a general response than to the post above specifically: there's nothing wrong with being unsatisfied with the idea of an echo Dixie. There's nothing wrong with expecting more. You can still be disappointed with aspects of an incredible game with great value. If it comes to that, you can understand the circumstances and reasoning for the decision and still not like it. If Dixie turns out to be an echo, I will look on the positive side of her being included in the biggest videogame crossover ever. But I will probably still be to some extent disappointed if she turns out to be too derivative. And that's fine, disappointment is fine and isn't the end of the world.

In fact, I think being disappointed can be useful when it makes sense. We can't influence the base roster now, but maybe our disappointment can influence DLC or how future games are developed, assuming Dixie is in as an echo or Dixie is not included at all. It's not a straightforward thing, we're just one corner of the Smash fanbase, but I think there's value in contesting the idea that Dixie is "good enough" as an echo.

There will be other Smash games. There will be DLC. An appetite for more is part of how Smash Bros works and what will power the franchise for years to come.

And regarding disappointment, weaponizing disappointment is kind of the only reason you can bodyslam Pikachu with a golden belly we hadn't seen since 1999.
It's not just disagreement in this thread, it has been attacking. I encourage disagreement. I'm not going to quote people just to berate them for name calling, but its something saddening to see in this thread.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh shoot you actually did it! Great freaking job, man!! How does it feel?

I have another challenge, if you're down.
Basically all the water levels are hell. On the ground, you hardly notice that Diddy is that much faster. At least, I don't cause even with DK, I roll jump all the time and stay in the air most of the time. I bounce on Snowmads like there's no tomorrow! I think I even got all the K-O-N-G letters.

What is also kind of weird is how the smaller Kongs, Diddy, Dixie and Cranky still have the large "hurtbox" like DK and Funky have. So for example, you try to avoid a mine or something underwater, but only to be reminded of that you have to remember you are actually bigger than you appear. Makes as much sense as DK having a hurtbox on his tie in Melee.

And yes I say hurtbox, because competitive Smash has ruined me like that :D

Am totally down for a new challenge by the way!

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Okay another question for you guys. Now that we've seen K.Rool and Ridley added to Smash their has been a heavy amount of fanart coming out for both. My question is when/if Dixie is announced for Smash what other Nintendo characters would you like to see Dixie interact with in fanart. I'd love to see Dixie and Zero Suit interacting with one another as well as Dixie and Inkling Girl. Idk maybe Dixie showing off her bubblegum gun to the Inklings and the Inkling showing her splattershot to Dixie. The Dixie and Zero Suit fanart I'd imagine is like K.Rool/Ridley "bros" artwork but starring Nintendo's first leasing ladies. Maybe thrown in a blonde ponytail joke or something.

Idk I've just grown a bigger appreciation of fan art now that are glorious Kremling King is appearing in a BUNCH of them interacting with other Nintendo All-Stars. Really makes me feel like K.Rool is back and getting the love he should've been getting for YEARS. I want the same to happen with Dixie. While the difference between Dixie and Rool is Dixie is still around in DK games where as Rool was gone for 10 years, Dixie still hasn't earned the respect and attention she deserves from Nintendo/Smash fans.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Basically all the water levels are hell. On the ground, you hardly notice that Diddy is that much faster. At least, I don't cause even with DK, I roll jump all the time and stay in the air most of the time. I bounce on Snowmads like there's no tomorrow! I think I even got all the K-O-N-G letters.

What is also kind of weird is how the smaller Kongs, Diddy, Dixie and Cranky still have the large "hurtbox" like DK and Funky have. So for example, you try to avoid a mine or something underwater, but only to be reminded of that you have to remember you are actually bigger than you appear. Makes as much sense as DK having a hurtbox on his tie in Melee.

And yes I say hurtbox, because competitive Smash has ruined me like that :D

Am totally down for a new challenge by the way!
Nice! I actually didn't get the Kong letters on Irate Eight with Diddy though, so extra props there. Didn't realize they all have the same hurtboxes either, so that's news to me, and my final challenge is this:

Clear Snowmad Island on Hard Mode, with DK ONLY. That includes all the levels, the Frozen Temple, and Lord Fredrik. You can go in whatever order you want!

It took time but I succeeded, and seeing you bring proof makes me wanna do it again and prove it as well. I have the Wii U version, so I'll be taking pics of my success for each level.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Okay another question for you guys. Now that we've seen K.Rool and Ridley added to Smash their has been a heavy amount of fanart coming out for both. My question is when/if Dixie is announced for Smash what other Nintendo characters would you like to see Dixie interact with in fanart. I'd love to see Dixie and Zero Suit interacting with one another as well as Dixie and Inkling Girl. Idk maybe Dixie showing off her bubblegum gun to the Inklings and the Inkling showing her splattershot to Dixie. The Dixie and Zero Suit fanart I'd imagine is like K.Rool/Ridley "bros" artwork but starring Nintendo's first leasing ladies. Maybe thrown in a blonde ponytail joke or something.

Idk I've just grown a bigger appreciation of fan art now that are glorious Kremling King is appearing in a BUNCH of them interacting with other Nintendo All-Stars. Really makes me feel like K.Rool is back and getting the love he should've been getting for YEARS. I want the same to happen with Dixie. While the difference between Dixie and Rool is Dixie is still around in DK games where as Rool was gone for 10 years, Dixie still hasn't earned the respect and attention she deserves from Nintendo/Smash fans.
Dixie and Bayonetta since both fight with their hair.
Dixie and K. Rool, even though they're from the same series. Haven't interacted in a while. I think Dixie would clown on him a lot.
Dixie, Peach, Zelda, Rosalina, Daisy, Lucina, Samus, big women heroes.
And like you said, Dixie and Inkling.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

I love to see artwork of Dixie hanging out with female Villager, Jigglypuff and Wendy as the cartoony pink quartet(my main team in the last game was pink Diddy, fem Villager and Jigglypuff so to have the true pink girl trio with Dixie instead would be so cute) and of course the many pics of the four Dkc characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nice! I actually didn't get the Kong letters on Irate Eight with Diddy though, so extra props there. Didn't realize they all have the same hurtboxes either, so that's news to me, and my final challenge is this:

Clear Snowmad Island on Hard Mode, with DK ONLY. That includes all the levels, the Frozen Temple, and Lord Fredrik. You can go in whatever order you want!

It took time but I succeeded, and seeing you bring proof makes me wanna do it again and prove it as well. I have the Wii U version, so I'll be taking pics of my success for each level.
Wow... That's straight up BRUTAL bro! But yes, am down for this! Let me just complete the Diddy Hard Mode trail I set up for myself first. I just.. missed playing around as Diddy alone in a DKC game. Plz Overstand.

I think this challenge set up the whole New Funky Mode. Funky must've been fed up with all the times DK came crawling to his shop and came buying Red Balloons :laugh:

'Hold my banana beer bro, I got this!'

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

Including Lord Frederick? And I thought I was bad with Beaver Bother and Lightning Lookout.

Machete

Smash Ace
When you get right down to it, people just want their characters to be playable.

Ridley fans weren't like "cool, my character is a boss, but at least he's in Smash." They wanted him playable.

It's a simple desire of wanting to play as a character. I can never understand the mindset of "people who wanted X as a character should just be happy they're an AT or stage hazard!" Because it doesn't work like that. At the end of the day, "at least they are in Smash" is a small consolation prize at best for those who want to play as a certain character.

hear, hear. Getting to kick Ridley's ass once or twice or seeing Midna pop up for that one game in which you have ATs on means absolutely nothing to me. ATs are consolation prizes worth very little.

Dixie and Samus for sure. They are the first leading ladies of Nintendo and that should be shown. Some of the weirdest fanart pairings come from whom the character is revealed with, like all the Daisy Ridley fanart, so I'd be very curious to see that.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Really makes me feel like K.Rool is back and getting the love he should've been getting for YEARS. I want the same to happen with Dixie. While the difference between Dixie and Rool is Dixie is still around in DK games where as Rool was gone for 10 years, Dixie still hasn't earned the respect and attention she deserves from Nintendo/Smash fans.
OK don't get me wrong. I loooooooove Dixie Kong... i want her in smash since brawl. but i still prefer K.rool and happy that he is in.
now that i said that...

it was one of the first argument against K.rool vs Dixie. but if you look closely.
She was in the same HIATUS than K.rool UNTIL : DK TROPICAL FREEZE. ( Source : below)
Is this enough to say : she is more revelant? maybe.

The fact is : they are in the same boat. This is no good or bad. Everyone want Dixie and K.rool.
Only 1 problem is that MANY people forget Dixie and vote K.ROOL instead ( ballot is important)
i remember when i voted K.ROOL. I added : please add Dixie too.
I hope everyone said : NOT ENOUGH DK REP.

that only sentence can change everything.

Sorry for my bad english.

1536698840439.png
1536698849900.png

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Anyone want to claim another move for the community Dixie moveset? Back air, down air, all tilts, all smashes, all throws, jabs and Down Special/Side Special are still open. Feel free to brainstorm one of these moves and describe it, then add any details you want like damage and knockback.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

Shantae and Dixie please!

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman

My fingers remain crossed for a potential (platonic) pairing of Dixie & Rayman. Blonde Bi-Plane Beasts of 95', baybeeeeee!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

It's about time.

Hopefully, it'll be Dixie's time as well to continue on the momentum from K.Rool's trailer. Get your berets ready.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Given how Dark samus came the direct after Ridley, I feel like seeing Dixie tommorow is a certainty.

Her and Isabelle I feel will be the 2 echos we see. Plus 1 newcomer at the end(Hoping Shantae, but can see a pokemon more likely)

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Hopefully something good comes our way, my September has been boring so it's good to hear a direct coming tomorrow.

Her and Isabelle I feel will be the 2 echos we see.
Man if I can get both Dixie and Isabelle on the same day, I will be overwhelmed with excitement. Those are my two most wanted.

By the way tomorrow will be the day Smash 4 turns 4 years old as it came out in Japan in September 13 so it would be fitting if we got more Smash news tomorrow.

Last edited:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Given how Dark samus came the direct after Ridley, I feel like seeing Dixie tommorow is a certainty.

Her and Isabelle I feel will be the 2 echos we see. Plus 1 newcomer at the end(Hoping Shantae, but can see a pokemon more likely)
I'd like you to be right - I don't think K. Rool's previous announcement discounts Dixie from a reveal tomorrow.
I think we are likely to get a Pokemon newcomer tomorrow and 2 echoes - it depends what time slot Smash gets, and whether or not some of that is dedicated to explaining K.Rool or the newcomers movesets.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'd like you to be right - I don't think K. Rool's previous announcement discounts Dixie from a reveal tomorrow.
I think we are likely to get a Pokemon newcomer tomorrow and 2 echoes - it depends what time slot Smash gets, and whether or not some of that is dedicated to explaining K.Rool or the newcomers movesets.
I feel like the end of K Rool's trailer pretty much confirmed Dixie. Every other end of trailers was full CGI, and that one was just In game, and seems to be hinting at Dixie needing to save Donkey and Diddy like in DKC3. I can see her echo trailer starting with that part with Dixie smashing K Rool away.

Yeah A pokemon seems the most likely, at the very end, but I do hope for Shantae, Plus if the website missing blogs are to be beleived, japan was supposed to get 3 after the direct. A newcomer trailer, a character spotlight, and a character memories. Would a pokemon get a Memories though is the question... didn't they already have a memories? Not every newcomer has gotten a memory(CHrom didn't)... so its hard to say. If we do get a memory... i feel like a pokemon wouldn't get one... so that feels like it points to a new franchise... which makes me hopeful for shantae

Top Bottom