• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I know one thing if Dixie is confirmed. The match I'm doing 3rd after a 5v5 squad with Ridley. K.Rool, Wolf, Bowser, and Ganondorf vs. Samus, DK, Fox, Mario, and Link and an 8 player match with Ridley, K.Rool, Bowser, Ganondorf, Wolf, Bowser Jr., King Dedede, and Dark Samus is DEFINITELY going to be a 3 v 1 match with DK, Diddy, and Dixie vs. K.Rool. Also when I'm playing Smash I'm gonna make sure I never have a match (if I can help it not including online play) where DK, Diddy, and Dixie are never in conflict with each other. I just can't imagine using DK's final smash on Dixie. That **** would be too heartbreaking for me to bear.
There's this small part of me that feels undeniable guilt when I pummel Yoshi, so i feel you lol. I mean, he did nothing wrong, why destroy him? Pikachu sucked in-game, Jigglypuff puts my ass to sleep constantly, and Kirby is basically indestructible so it doesn't feel excessive. But Yoshi? What did he ever do to ask for all of this? I can totally understand the sentiment lol.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
If Dixie were in a 3d game like DK64, what special ability do you think she would have? Don't say shrinking, that's Tiny's ability.

I'd say maybe creating whirlwinds by spinning her hair around. The whirlwinds could send enemies flying up or spin them to face the other way around. Maybe it could be used to solve puzzles.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
If Dixie were in a 3d game like DK64, what special ability do you think she would have? Don't say shrinking, that's Tiny's ability.

I'd say maybe creating whirlwinds by spinning her hair around. The whirlwinds could send enemies flying up or spin them to face the other way around. Maybe it could be used to solve puzzles.
she should’ve just been in 64 instead of Tiny.

JMac52

Smash Cadet
I'm overjoyed at the fact King K.Rool is in this game already and love the roster. That being said, Dixie Kong would make the roster even better. She's always been my favorite Kong to play in the DKC games. Add me to the list of supporters.

Wyvern 0m3g4

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wyvern_Omega
3DS FC
3952-7962-4278
Switch FC
SW-4111-0849-8220
What do you think her voice will sound like? I expect they make her sound like a real-life monkey much like Diddy and Donkey has so far, but again, the results could be highly varying degrees of success here, since this is Dixie we're talking about.

I always assumed she'd sound similar to how she does now in Tropical Freeze. Then again, it's been a while since I heard Donkey and Diddy's voices in Smash, so I may be a bit off base with my prediction there.

Hey Wyvern, don't worry about contributing. Long as you're on the list and discussing things pertaining to Dixie you're keeping the thread alive. If you do have art/movesets/etc to contribute that's fine too; it'll go straight to the OP.
Thank you very much for the reassurance and for adding me to the list. Much appreciated. :)

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
I do think it'd be weird on the website if it was DK, Diddy, K. Rool and then Dixie. Wouldn't feel right. It'd work a lot better as protagonist, second protagonist, third protagonist and main antagonist. It's how Mario is ordered with Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser and it looks great there.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
If Dixie doesn't get into Smash imagine how awkward the character select screen will look. DK, Diddy, K. Rool.

With no Dixie in between Diddy and K. Rool. Makes me sick just thinking about it.
It'd more look like Smash would be basically :ultwario:nking over Donkey Kong Country 1 if it were the case (even K.Rool has his stuff from 2 and 3).

But again, I sorta feel that due Sakurai and his devs having to go check through the Country-trilogy for K.Rool's abilities and been involved with Dixie in Brawl + overall notions to her in Smash-games, I'm definitely sure she's been in some consideration for this game.

Now that had me even more curious why she wasn't shown with K.Rool in his trailer incase she's just an Echo... it looks like K.Rool's trailer was made separately out from her, but since Echoes are so relatively easy to implement and it'd have gone well with K.Rool's reveal due being basically DKC-centric trailer...

The best conclusion I'd come from this is that she'd be considered low-priority addition like Daisy and other Echoes were, but that'd kind of suck if so, since it'd impair her uniqueness (and perhaps reappearing in the series overall).

I still hope her missing from the trailer is actually implying they've worked on her more extensively and just weren't ready to show her yet.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
OK, so I've been thinking... Sakurai said he hopes we don't expect too many newcomers, but so far we have 8 overall and more to show before release. This is one of those rare times I doubt he's trolling, but I noticed that since echoes have the designation of their base character's file with an epsilon, plus the fact that they can be stacked onto their original, we technically have 4 newcomers announced so far.

This leads me to believe that Sakurai might be using a loophole when curving our expectations. Don't expect too many newcomers, but we've got a healthy amount already. Either there's not much left, or he means that unique fighters themselves will be less than before. With 4 in, we could be looking at 2 more at the bare minimum and 8 more at max. I'm gonna play it safe but be relatively hopeful and guess 6 unique newcomers left, bringing the count to 10 total, but I wonder who it could be? Perhaps:

5. Geno (cuz Sakurai wants him)
6. Isaac (quite popular among fans)
7. Rayman (due to Ubisoft's very healthy relationship)
8. A Xenoblade character (not too familiar with the series)
9. Skull Kid (seems plausible)
10. Dixie (personal bias lol)

Spatman

Smash Ace
Could someone post the evidence for "Sakurai wants Geno in" argument?
I guess I lost that declaration

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I think he's referring to the medley that was featured in the direct... Well, if you call two songs in one a medley. I'm gonna say it'll just be those two songs, bonus room blitz and simian segue, since those two were featured together as part of one song in Brawl, only this time they're newly arranged.

Speaking of songs though, I'm betting we'll hear Stickerbush Symphony for Dixie's echo reveal trailer. Being a character that originated from DKC2 it's their perfect opportunity to use DKC2 music, whether new or the Brawl version.

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
I always assumed she'd sound similar to how she does now in Tropical Freeze. Then again, it's been a while since I heard Donkey and Diddy's voices in Smash, so I may be a bit off base with my prediction there.
I wish they would use their voice actors from Tropical Freeze, but I think they're just staying with generic simian sounds. I think all of the Kongs voices in that game work really well with their respective character.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
she should’ve just been in 64 instead of Tiny.
On the other hand, seeing her play the sax would have been quite odd, considering that Diddy took up the guitar in that game. I think programming issues may have got in her way, too.

Though I am glad that we got somebody better than Kiddy Kong there.

I think he's referring to the medley that was featured in the direct... Well, if you call two songs in one a medley. I'm gonna say it'll just be those two songs, bonus room blitz and simian segue, since those two were featured together as part of one song in Brawl, only this time they're newly arranged.

Speaking of songs though, I'm betting we'll hear Stickerbush Symphony for Dixie's echo reveal trailer. Being a character that originated from DKC2 it's their perfect opportunity to use DKC2 music, whether new or the Brawl version.
Or better yet, the Tropical Freeze version (well, kind of, same song, different type of stage). Two birds killed with one stone!

Last edited:

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I live in Germany and I was at Gamescom a few times, I was also there the year smash 4 was announced and they didn't show anything new. Even the demo was the same from e3, so I don't think we can expect any announcements from Nintendo at Gamescom, Germany is not that important for Nintendo I guess :-D

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i've heard it was because it wouldn't make sense for dixie to learn how to use ponytail twirl since she already uses it in previous games

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Honestly, I never understood the Tiny thing. Why didn't Rare just make her Dixie Kong?
I read in an interview that Rare, at the time they created DK64, they only wanted the original cast from DKC1 to return. Tiny and the other Kongs were created because Rare wanted to expand the Kong family. Makes sense, but seeing how Nintendo doesn't use the dk characters, I wished we had Dixie in DK64, I liked Tiny, but I like Dixie waaaay more.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
So, are there any new information regarding Dixie in smash Ultimate? I mean no new "so called leaks"? I'm too impatient and too curious...

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
So, are there any new information regarding Dixie in smash Ultimate? I mean no new "so called leaks"? I'm too impatient and too curious...
watch out the double post my friend! :)

but yes im in the same boat. IMPATIENT and CURIOUS.
this is the only character i want now.
(with geno, skull kid, rayman isaac but i mean... they cant be in the game and i will dont care...but Dixie ..i will be upset as hell)

i watch many k.rool reaction video and many people talk about Dixie...

StormC

Smash Hero
It'd more look like Smash would be basically :ultwario:nking over Donkey Kong Country 1 if it were the case (even K.Rool has his stuff from 2 and 3).

But again, I sorta feel that due Sakurai and his devs having to go check through the Country-trilogy for K.Rool's abilities and been involved with Dixie in Brawl + overall notions to her in Smash-games, I'm definitely sure she's been in some consideration for this game.

Now that had me even more curious why she wasn't shown with K.Rool in his trailer incase she's just an Echo... it looks like K.Rool's trailer was made separately out from her, but since Echoes are so relatively easy to implement and it'd have gone well with K.Rool's reveal due being basically DKC-centric trailer...

The best conclusion I'd come from this is that she'd be considered low-priority addition like Daisy and other Echoes were, but that'd kind of suck if so, since it'd impair her uniqueness (and perhaps reappearing in the series overall).

I still hope her missing from the trailer is actually implying they've worked on her more extensively and just weren't ready to show her yet.

My guess is they didn't want to take the spotlight away from K. Rool in his own trailer. It was his comeback and it was all about him.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
watch out the double post my friend! :)

but yes im in the same boat. IMPATIENT and CURIOUS.
this is the only character i want now.
(with geno, skull kid, rayman isaac but i mean... they cant be in the game and i will dont care...but Dixie ..i will be upset as hell)

i watch many k.rool reaction video and many people talk about Dixie...
Oh! I'm very sorry, I'm posting from my smartphone and somehow during the upload of the post, sometimes it gets stuck, so it's not on purpose.

I really hope she is in the game, I don't like playing that waiting game :-(

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
I know there's a music list in the first post, but since we're getting some new remixes I decided to go through all the main games and pick out songs I thought would be good for Smash. I know it's basically the whole soundtracks from 2 and Tropical Freeze :laugh:, but let me know if there's any others that should be included!

DKC
Aquatic Ambiance
Mine Cart Madness
Life in the Mines
Forest Frenzy
Funky's Fugue
Ice Cave Chant
Fear Factory

DKC2
Welcome to Crocodile Isle
Klomp's Romp
Lockjaw's Saga
Hot-Head Bop
Mining Melancholy
Bayou Boogie
Stickerbrush Symphony
Flight of the Zinger
Disco Train
Forest Interlude
In a Snow-Bound Land
Krook's March
Crocodile Cacophony
Donkey Kong Rescued

DKC3
Northern Kremisphere
Frosty Frolics
Treetop Tumble
Enchanted Riverbank
Hot Pursuit
Nuts and Bolts
Rockface Rumble
Big Boss Blues

DKC3 GBA
Stilt Village
Mill Fever
Enchanted Riverbank
Water World
Rockface Rumble

DK64
DK Island
Angry Aztec
Fungi Forest Day/Night
Crystal Caves
Creepy Castle
Hideout Helm

DKCR
Poppin' Planks
Mast Blast
Damp Dungeon
Boulder Roller
Automatic Action
Bobbing Basalt
Tiki Tong Song
Palm Tree Groove

DKCTF
Zip Line Shrine
Busted Bayou
Big Top Bop
Windmill Hills
Mountain Mania
Sawmill Thrill
Alpine Incline (Ground)
Wing Ding
Grassland Groove
Baobab Bonaza
Frantic Fields
Scorch 'n' Torch
Twilight Terror/Stickerbrush Credits
Funky Waters
High Tide Ride
Irate Eight Lockjaw's Saga
Current Capers
Harvest Hazards
Jelly Jamboree
Frosty Fruits
Punch Bowl
Homecoming Hijinx
Seashore War
Aquaduct Assault
Forest Folly
Frozen Frenzymes
Decisive Battle!

Spatman

Smash Ace

Dark Samus wasn't revealed with Ridley

Last edited:

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Dixie as a playable separate character? No thanks. She would be a good person to put as an echo fighter but not as a separate character. She just isn't unique enough to be a new separate character and I don't think kids would be interested in her. I feel like she would be the perfect echo character though. I feel like she should be in the game but as an echo fighter and then they can slightly alter her move set like they did to the other echo fighters.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
My guess is they didn't want to take the spotlight away from K. Rool in his own trailer. It was his comeback and it was all about him.
Agreed. Dixie had her comeback in 2014* when Tropical Freeze released. She's already back in the spotlight a bit after being absent in Donkey Kong 64 and mostly appearing in only spin-off games for a few years. She even got her own trailer for that game too, if I recall correctly.

K Rool was pulled out of retirement for Smash, so it'd be smart to let his fans bask in his glory after fighting so hard for his revival. His trailer should be his alone.

And Dixie is fully deserving of her own as well.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Dixie as a playable separate character? No thanks. She would be a good person to put as an echo fighter but not as a separate character. She just isn't unique enough to be a new separate character and I don't think kids would be interested in her. I feel like she would be the perfect echo character though. I feel like she should be in the game but as an echo fighter and then they can slightly alter her move set like they did to the other echo fighters.
Really came into this thread just to say that...okay...

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Really came into this thread just to say that...okay...
I first thought this was a thread about her being an echo fighter which I want but I don't want her as a separate playable character. I had to voice my opinion for her somewhere cause I still want her in smash but as an echo. I just think it is too big of a stretch to include her as her own character.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Or course you're entitled to your opinion, but I'd be prepared to have this statement dissected quite critically. You've made a lot of presumptuous claims in this comment that hold little ground.

Dixie has more unique moves from her home game to draw from than half of the playable roster in Smash. She shares Dixie's body structure to an extent but does not actually fight like him. Refer to the fan created sets made by users on page 1 for some examples.

Kids not knowing her is beyond hilarious. She had a game come out literally twice in the last couple years. Kids also don't know Ice Climbers, K Rool, ROB, Ness, Captain Falcon etc. And it's not like any of them are playable, right? More kids know Dixie from the release of Tropical Freeze than much of the roster. And even if they didn't, the acknowledgement of children is NOT the deciding factor for a character's inclusion anyway.

While being an Echo fighter is something we're all prepared to accept, there's absolutely no reason she can't be at least a semi-clone like Falco, Lucas or Toon Link. She may not get that treatment, but she deserves it.

Dixie has been the female lead in games that have sold literally millions, and was already considered for Smash once before.

It is certainly plausible that she will be an Echo. But saying things like "Dixie as a unique fighter? No thanks" is quite a bold statement to throw around on this particular thread when you have clearly very little knowledge of the character. Your support is nonetheless appreciated, but don't come across so abrasive in your first sentence. Many folks on here are very annoyed with the Echo argument already.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Dark Samus wasn't revealed with Ridley
Yeah, this has been brought up before. Thing is, the only connection Dark Samus and Ridley really have is that they are both enemies to Samus. They have no direct relation to each other. However, this isn't the case for Dixie and K. Rool, as K. Rool is the final boss of both of the DKC games Dixie originally starred in.

I can't really think of how Dark Samus and Ridley would be revealed together in a single trailer, but Dixie and K. Rool? That's easy.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Or course you're entitled to your opinion, but I'd be prepared to have this statement dissected quite critically. You've made a lot of presumptuous claims in this comment that hold little ground.

Dixie has more unique moves from her home game to draw from than half of the playable roster in Smash. She shares Dixie's body structure to an extent but does not actually fight like him. Refer to the fan created sets made by users on page 1 for some examples.

Kids not knowing her is beyond hilarious. She had a game come out literally twice in the last couple years. Kids also don't know Ice Climbers, K Rool, ROB, Ness, Captain Falcon etc. And it's not like any of them are playable, right? More kids know Dixie from the release of Tropical Freeze than much of the roster. And even if they didn't, the acknowledgement of children is NOT the deciding factor for a character's inclusion anyway.

While being an Echo fighter is something we're all prepared to accept, there's absolutely no reason she can't be at least a semi-clone like Falco, Lucas or Toon Link. She may not get that treatment, but she deserves it.

Dixie has been the female lead in games that have sold literally millions, and was already considered for Smash once before.

It is certainly plausible that she will be an Echo. But saying things like "Dixie as a unique fighter? No thanks" is quite a bold statement to throw around on this particular thread when you have clearly very little knowledge of the character.
I understand and I am prepared to hated upon but I just don't see why she should be a unique fighter. Hopefully someone will try and convince me but I just don't see it. One could be making the same argument about Birdo or another character from the mario/yoshi/dk series on why they should be included as well. But I don't think a lot of kids would be interested to play as her. Kids generally like playing as robots or swordsman or some of the other obscure characters but I don't think this is the right game for dixie. I think she would be perfect as an echo and I 100% support the inclusion of her as an echo.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I understand and I am prepared to hated upon but I just don't see why she should be a unique fighter. Hopefully someone will try and convince me but I just don't see it. One could be making the same argument about Birdo or another character from the mario/yoshi/dk series on why they should be included as well. But I don't think a lot of kids would be interested to play as her. Kids generally like playing as robots or swordsman or some of the other obscure characters but I don't think this is the right game for dixie. I think she would be perfect as an echo and I 100% support the inclusion of her as an echo.
Dixie could easily have a unique moveset focused on her hair since she uses it for practically everything in the DKC games, she would spin it like a propeller, swing and slam it to attack. She'd be more of an aerial focused fighter than diddy and would act as a grapper, possibly having a command grab as well as DK like throws which would allow her to follow up with aerial combos. She could also have a glide which could mechanically be similar to peach's hover except she would descend slower and it would automatically cancel after attacking. She could easily be very different than diddy since they mechanically already are in the DKC games

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Yes and I edited my post to acknowledge that your support is still appreciated because I don't want to come across as aggressive towards a supporter, even if they disagree with the general mold.

But look at Fox and Falco. At a glance, there would appear to be no way to make Falco different from Fox. They look similar, neither fight in their own games with martial arts, and they don't have too many defining traits that set them apart. Yet Sakurai decloned Falco into a rather unique fighter. Despite having nothing to really set him apart except being a bird who can jump high, his actual attacks are mostly unique. Falco is a big part of Starfox, but he's not as big to Nintendo as Dixie Kong, and that's just a fact.

So if Falco can get this treatment, why can't Dixie? Especially when she's hands down the most prominent DK character left.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Dixie could easily have a unique moveset focuses on her hair since she uses it for practically everything in the DKC games, she would spin it like a propeller and swing and slam it to attack. She'd be more of an aerial focused fighter than diddy and would act as a grapper, possibly having a command grab as well as DK like throws which would allow her to follow up with aerial combos. She could also have a glide which could mechanically be similar to peach's hover except she would descend slower and it would automatically cancel after attacking
Couldn't you just give her these moves but keep her as an echo fighter though? That is what I am suggesting is give her different moves but have her as an echo. Besides, any character that looks remotely similar to another character is being turned into an echo fighter and echo don't have to have the exact same moves you know.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Couldn't you just give her these moves but keep her as an echo fighter though? That is what I am suggesting is give her different moves but have her as an echo. Besides, any character that looks remotely similar to another character is being turned into an echo fighter and echo don't have to have the exact same moves you know.
chrom is the only echo that has different moves, one different move to be exact. And she could easily have brand new normals, aerials and smashes based around using her hair in various ways.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
This is an argument that has some bearing, only because the definition of Echo is very loose and arbitrary. Most are assuming it to mean "identical minus a few traits" but the only formal definition is "based on another fighter." I, too, have argued that she would be rather unique and still get in as an Echo.

The main reason it rubs people the wrong way isn't because being an Echo necessarily condemns a character to being a carbon copy, and more to do with the principle of turning a prominent and unique Nintendo character with more than 20 years of history into an "add-on" of Diddy just because they look similar. She deserves her own number, not an echelon.

Top Bottom