• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
Why the hate on Kiddy? He was pretty cool I thought. Sure he’s my least favorite of the playable Kongs for the most part, but he had his charm. I liked his cry for example. Overly hysterical. Loved it. He’s also required to do the team toss properly cause Dixie can’t throw Kiddy for ****. And he’s just as fast as Dixie but can take out the big enemies. That’s quite a trade off.

I also would laugh my **** off if Kiddy somehow got added as a DK Echo.
Mostly because he took DK's spot in DKC3 and his crybaby design is poor.
And as a heavy guy he is just bland compared to DK who can do everything Kiddy can and more.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Why the hate on Kiddy? He was pretty cool I thought. Sure he’s my least favorite of the playable Kongs for the most part, but he had his charm. I liked his cry for example. Overly hysterical. Loved it. He’s also required to do the team toss properly cause Dixie can’t throw Kiddy for ****. And he’s just as fast as Dixie but can take out the big enemies. That’s quite a trade off.

Not much personality, especially compared to his bro.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

I think everyone hates Kiddy for the same reason they hate Baby Mario. Baby protagonists just come across as kind of lame. And often annoying. Kiddy is also completely pointless, when we could've had DK fill his spot. You know DK. The series namesake character who was only playable in one game in his home trilogy? And part of that was because Kiddy needlessly existed.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
How are the odds of Funky as late-addition Echo actually?

If he's in, then I can definitely see a double trailer reveal with Dixie and Funky, and it would explain her absence from K. Rool's trailer.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here-here-here-here we go.

Another direct and this one has a chance of having an Echo.

Let's see how our girl does.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I honestly wanted to change the thread title to "The Kong Before the Storm" in anticipation for the direct, but it might be in poor taste given the weather in the Carolinas.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I've been making tiny sprites for characters I like, and after finishing Medusa, I figured I'd sprite another girl with weird hair, lol.

How does she look?

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
So I did another drawing with (most of) the Kongs! It has the redesigns I did for Tiny and Candy. Chunky and Kiddy also got some changes.

Really hoping we see Dixie in the Direct! And as unique as possible!

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
No Swanky 0/10

Great art, in seriousness. I long for a DK game where we're able to see more than few of these in a single game.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I've been making tiny sprites for characters I like, and after finishing Medusa, I figured I'd sprite another girl with weird hair, lol.

How does she look?
Still toiny and cute as I remember these, nississhi~

It's been years since seeing you do these pixelated candidates again.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Wow... That's straight up BRUTAL bro! But yes, am down for this! Let me just complete the Diddy Hard Mode trail I set up for myself first. I just.. missed playing around as Diddy alone in a DKC game. Plz Overstand.

I think this challenge set up the whole New Funky Mode. Funky must've been fed up with all the times DK came crawling to his shop and came buying Red Balloons :laugh:

'Hold my banana beer bro, I got this!'

No worries take your time! It's gonna be frustrating, to put it mildly LMAO. I've gotten started and cleared a good amount already, but Slippy Spikes (Frozen Temple) is murdering me.
Including Lord Frederick? And I thought I was bad with Beaver Bother and Lightning Lookout.
YESS....The torture is real. 11 stages (8 Regular, 2 Secret, 1 Temple) plus the final boss. I'm saving Fredrik for last because I know he's gonna piss me off like there's no tomorrow.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
My friends , dear Kong lovers.

I'm here because im excited.
I know we will get at least 1 newcomer ( maybe more echos too)

We want our beloved blonde hair Kong
and remember.

If we don't get her in this direct. We have more to come.
I think we will not get Dixie in this direct but in a Smash Direct.

It's time to pray the SMASH GOD.
make me lie. Let the Kong be with you. TODAY!
1536850940857.png

Join us.

Edit : YES This is god of war FONT...WHO CARES
GOD OF KONG.

Attachments

Last edited:

pepiux

Smash Apprentice

and remember.

View attachment 163782

Join us.

GOD OF KONG.
This really made me laugh...

Hope prayers are answered :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No worries take your time! It's gonna be frustrating, to put it mildly LMAO. I've gotten started and cleared a good amount already, but Slippy Spikes (Frozen Temple) is murdering me.

YESS....The torture is real. 11 stages (8 Regular, 2 Secret, 1 Temple) plus the final boss. I'm saving Fredrik for last because I know he's gonna piss me off like there's no tomorrow.
You sir, are the REAL MVP! Can't even blame you for using "Easy Mode" Kong, Dixie no longer, ever. You just proved I need Dixie more than you! And coincidently, I did all these levels with Diddy in Hard Mode just an hour or two ago!! I now remember why Meltdown Mayhem was always one of my favorite levels. Seashore War's music is also breathtakingly beautiful!

With that said, I might just fool around in Funky Mode a little and collect all Puzzle Pieces there. Cause it's kinda dishearting to look for them all in Diddy Mode, knowing that mostly Dixie and Cranky are gonna be needed for the last puzzle pieces I haven't collected yet. Yes, am that dedicated on using Diddy alone, even if piggy riding DK.

Anyway, great job bro!

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

and remember.

View attachment 163782

Join us.

GOD OF KONG.

It doesn't work without the candles.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You guys are all glorious! Legitimately the hardest group of supporters on Smashboards.

I might not see the Direct live, yet again, but I'll be checking it a hour later or so. Anyone could be so kind to inbox me where I can rewatch the Direct later? Cause I kinda don't wanna be spoiled.

Anyway, lot's of success to us all! <3 Let's hope we'll be moved in the confirmed part of the character boards by the end of the Direct.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
You guys are all glorious! Legitimately the hardest group of supporters on Smashboards.

I might not see the Direct live, yet again, but I'll be checking it a hour later or so. Anyone could be so kind to inbox me where I can rewatch the Direct later? Cause I kinda don't wanna be spoiled.

Anyway, lot's of success to us all! <3 Let's hope we'll be moved in the confirmed part of the character boards by the end of the Direct.
its generally pretty easy to find through nintendo's website without the risk of spoilers: https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-13-2018/

StormC

Smash Hero
The last DK All-Star was a very apt title.

The last Nintendo All-Star? A bold statement. I love it.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608

You can also watch the direct directly :-D on your switch, you will find it on the Newsfeed page. There shouldn't be any spoilers as it takes a while until Nintendo uploads the trailers separately from the direct.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The last DK All-Star was a very apt title.

The last Nintendo All-Star? A bold statement. I love it.
I concur. The only other one up there with Dixie Kong is Toad and unfortunately he has been de-confirmed.

Really bold topic title though. Its just what Dixie Kong needs to get the attention she deserves.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
You guys are all sitting here comparing detailed illustrations and Tropical Freeze challenges, and I'm just over here being happy that my wife and I were finally able to commit to buying a Switch and a new GameCube controller for Ultimate. I still have no games for it, and while my head is telling me I should get BotW, MK8 or Odyssey first, my heart kinda wants to get TF so I can relive the DKC glory days of my youth.

Decisions, decisions.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Well I turn 28 today and Dixie's playable confirmation would be a terrific highlight of my day. Less than 30 minutes until direct time. Let's do this!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wish you guys luck for Dixie. For me I won't mind her if she gets in and would be icing on cake since she'd be another rep for Donkey Kong.

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
Here we go, hoping for a continuation of the K Rool reveal! Hope is low for me, but it's alive. <3

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I won't really be able to watch this live, as it's crunchtime at work, but hopefully we get Dixie revealed. Even more hopefully, she doesn't become an Echo. Whatever the case is, let's STAY HUMBLE AND RESPECTFUL.

See y'all in a few hours.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
well it wasnt dixie but it gives me even more hope for a well-represented dixie since it shows that semi-clones are still on the table

(also isabelle is a cool character on her own)

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Well then, we may not have gotten Dixie but this is certainly good for us, we got a unique Isabelle instead of an echo, and she goes to show that not every character is gonna be based off of the ballot

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to stay positive, so I'll say that Isabelle being a semi-clone could be a good sign for Dixie not being an echo.

Top Bottom