• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DITCIT combos (forward tossed)

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Yes I have, without the smash d-pad commands. Since I'm used to the controller, it feels most natural to me. It could definitely be your own timing that is wrong. You AB Smash with pretty much all controllers minus the sideways wiimote.

I personally D-pad Smash on the Wiimote and Nunchuck, but that's just me.

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
Not sure about his but it seems that when you toss the item with an smash attack theres a white blink on mm

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if anyone is aware of this but an easier method to do the ditcit is to run press and hold A and B then up (with A+B smash attack) so the inputs are:
:GCR:>>>:GCA:+:GCB:>>>:GCR: for the up throw
:GCR:>>>:GCA:+:GCB:>>>:GCUR: for the forward throw (the last input has to be 30º or so)
Note: i still don't know the timing so don't ask :grin:
This was very helpful to me, but not totally accurate.

For the up throw, when running, do the following:

:GCR:>>>:GCUR:>>>:GCU: simultaneously with
:GCA:>>>(hold)>>>:GCB:

In other words, do a quarter circle upwards as fast as you can. Press A at the very start of it, and B at the very end of it. This will do a regular forward throw cancelled by a smash up-throw.

As for the forward throw, I've only ever managed to do it by accident when trying the up throw. I don't know if the angle just needs to be really precise or what, but either there's something I'm missing, or it's going to be a lot harder to pull off consistently without the Nunchuck.

Last edited:

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
This was very helpful to me, but not totally accurate.

For the up throw, when running, do the following:

:GCR:>>>:GCUR:>>>:GCU: simultaneously with
:GCA:>>>(hold)>>>:GCB:

In other words, do a quarter circle upwards as fast as you can. Press A at the very start of it, and B at the very end of it. This will do a regular forward throw cancelled by a smash up-throw.

As for the forward throw, I've only ever managed to do it by accident when trying the up throw. I don't know if the angle just needs to be really precise or what, but either there's something I'm missing, or it's going to be a lot harder to pull off consistently without the Nunchuck.
The angle for the forward throw is pretty precise, you can get it to work with sufficient practice though.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I don't know if anyone is aware of this but an easier method to do the ditcit is to run press and hold A and B then up (with A+B smash attack) so the inputs are:
:GCR:>>>:GCA:+:GCB:>>>:GCU: for the up throw
:GCR:>>>:GCA:+:GCB:>>>:GCUR: for the forward throw (the last input has to be 30º or so)
Note: i still don't know the timing so don't ask :grin:

Update: it looks like you don't need to press and hold A+B you just need to press them and then transition your stick from right to up (or left to up) really quickly, this is because the timing for when you press A+B and then transition your stick from right to up is almost exactly the same, i would say the timing is a couple of frames or like a quarter of a second.
Does this method also helps doing it on the pro controller? I managed to get a forward throw twice on accident, and i'm trying to do it by pressing A then sliding to B practically at the same time and moving the stick, but i didn't even got the up throw down yet...

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
Does this method also helps doing it on the pro controller? I managed to get a forward throw twice on accident, and i'm trying to do it by pressing A then sliding to B practically at the same time and moving the stick, but i didn't even got the up throw down yet...
I have not tested it with the pro controller but i would imagine is the same thing, i suggest you to press A+B instead of A then B, it seems that pressing A+B is the easiest way to get it to work at least for me, you just gotta get the timing down and the angle of the stick, which is the hard part.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I think i got the up throw figured out now.

Not sure if it is the pro controller or my fat*** fingers, but basically i press A with just the tip of my thumb and it seems to work way better than pressing A then B.

EDIT: oh yeah, my control scheme is a little...different.

Basically i use Y for attacks and A and B for specials, x is jump. Is the way i got used to in order to do short hop moving pellets and i also manage to do RAR and other stuff easier this way. I left B as specials as well only to try to perform this tech.

Last edited:

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
I think i got the up throw figured out now.

Not sure if it is the pro controller or my fat*** fingers, but basically i press A with just the tip of my thumb and it seems to work way better than pressing A then B.

EDIT: oh yeah, my control scheme is a little...different.

Basically i use Y for attacks and A and B for specials, x is jump. Is the way i got used to in order to do short hop moving pellets and i also manage to do RAR and other stuff easier this way. I left B as specials as well only to try to perform this tech.
Ohh if you can do it with other methods go for it, use whatever you're comfortable with, as I said before the hard parts of the tech is the timing and angle of the stick.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
So I finally figured out why I wasn't able to do the AB smash method on the wii-chuk and it was something so simple lol... you can't actually use the "A+B" button combination on the wii-chuk since it overrides the "attack+ special attack" input that is normally done with the A and B buttons on other controllers. Instead, using the :GCDpad: down input and B on the wii-chuk allows you to do the AB smash method.

So as of yesterday, I've been able to Forward toss it about 30% of the time on the wii-chuk with "AB smash". Now, it's just a matter of me getting the timing down a bit better. :cool:

Also, a couple of "visual cues" that I sort of felt out for the forward toss after practicing it for so long:

- If Mega Man preforms the normal dash toss animation ( it looks like he's tumbling while throwing the item), you're not sliding the control stick upwards far enough

-If Mega Man does a standing toss forward while sliding about half a character length, you're pressing the special attack button slightly too quickly. As previously stated, you have as much ~3 frames to actually press the special attack button, so it should still "feel" like your pressing :GCA: and :GCB: at the same time.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Can someone post a good Wii mote setup for mega man that allows the easiest boost blades with throws in all directions and pivot one (what is that exactly?). Ideally it would be functional for all of megas other tricks, especially easy zdroping and blade pick up stuff. Sorry this was posted somewhere I think, but can't find it.

Also, any general tips or advice for using Wii mote would be great. This thing seems so awkward on first use.
Mine is decent, but like all control schemes you'd have to adjust over a period of lots of time. (maybe in 3 days to a period of 2 weeks to a month) I'm comfortable with this enough after LOADS of time to the point where I can SH lemons and still JC Item Toss too. Not that any of those details matter, but I assure you, you'll get used to it at some point. I had originally changed mine to f-tilt and f-smash while holding the metal blade (RIP) more easily without also sacrificing aerial momentum.

My Wiimote and Nunchuck scheme:

Z: Attack (compliments the position its at with shield if I ever wanted to grab for example.)
C: Shield (same as above)
A: Specials (No other better place it can be in)
B: Jump (Makes aerials easier in the position its in. You can jump out of shield and do rising aerials fast for example.)
A+B: Special (Its important you set it to this or else you make accidents when recovering the stage. Like if you leave it on grab, you'll air dodge to death.)
Button 1: Grab (It didn't take much to get used to for me despite seeming like an awkward position. Might be because my hands are big.)
Button 2: Taunt 3
Button 1+2: Taunt 2 (Note: if you ever still want taunt 1, unplug the Nunchuck and press A, then plug it back in.)
D-pad: ALL smash attacks.

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
Totally realized last night after you left the channel that I also have that megaman head, mine is a little smaller though I think. Nice vid for sure, gonna get this down now.

Last edited:

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
It's nice that you managed to record your hands. Like everyone else I was looking forward to seeing it, but it doesn't really help :/ Even more so since I use a classic controller. Maybe if you included a slow mo zoom in.

However, it has been a good luck charm! Because I finally did it today. Was just screwing around in an open room and I was surprised to see it happen. Then again. And again. And again :o I think I'm on to something about the timing.

First of all, I did find it easier at first to be holding DR slightly before pulling UR. When I did it for the first few times that's what I did. But now that I'm getting a little better at it I don't do that.

Now, about the timing. What seems to work for me is this:

:GCR: start running, press :GCA: while holding :GCR:, then press :GCUR: 30° + :GCB:

Press B almost at the same time as A of course, but timing the up tilt alongside that B.

I dunno if that's the right timing or if that just helps my brain make my hands move at the right speed. But going from 0% success rate of at least an hour trying, to doing it like 5 times within the span of a few minutes, is a good sign.

edit: Yeah, this is definitely helping. I'm doing it much more consistently. I just did it twice in a row! I even sometimes get the up throw slide, so it applies to that too. Even when I mess up I'm doing a minor slide more often. I find that what gets easier over time is pressing AthenB the right way and I can "feel" it when I press them right I almost always get the forward glide. For me, on classic controller, I'm using A for A and X for B. So I have my thumb over those two buttons and sort of roll my thumb across the buttons very quickly.

Last edited:

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Hey I did it with the Pro controller as well. I will try my very best to go into as much detail as I possibly can. I am going to add one part with the tutorial with something from from one of your high lights. It was pretty snazzy and seems to fit perfect with what I want to show.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827

I tried to explain in the video the best possible way to do both glide tosses as well as showing both the pro and gc controllers

I hope this helps folks out

CRDaddyO

Smash Rookie
NNID
CRFamilyMan

I tried to explain in the video the best possible way to do both glide tosses as well as showing both the pro and gc controllers

I thank you for this now we can finally start trying to get this tech down and pray to RNGesus that it doesn't get patched out. I'm thinking of all the shield pressure this will cause if someone decides to shield a crash bomber as well as all the numerous other setups.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
I'm glad you liked it, I tried to get the info across the best that I could, never went to sleep last night lol

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227

Great stuff man!

Is kinda of what i was trying to do but the explanation on how it works on the controllers helps. I will share this on my facebook group for the Megaman's who want to get this down.

Curisu

Smash Cadet
After practicing this a lot I learned a few things, the technique can be performed a lot different than I had thought before.

The main thing I want to point out is that there is no need to go back to neutral (unlike what is shown in the videos above). Also you can do it anytime while running.

The main reason I believe you shouldn't go back to neutral is because the animation change telegraphs what you're about to do. Also, it's technically easier.

The inputs for the AB smash forward toss method are:
Forward > A > B + forward-up (while still holding A)
:GCR: > :GCA: > :GCB: + :GCUR:

The diagnal analog input is slightly lower than a perfect diagnal.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
I think your right, but for the video I just did it the way that was working for me. on the pro contorller it was hard as hell

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
After practicing this a lot I learned a few things, the technique can be performed a lot different than I had thought before.

The main thing I want to point out is that there is no need to go back to neutral (unlike what is shown in the videos above). Also you can do it anytime while running.

The main reason I believe you shouldn't go back to neutral is because the animation change telegraphs what you're about to do. Also, it's technically easier.

^ This, there really is not a reason why you would reset the stick to neutral aside from helping you with timing, i know that is how you do it @ Dezmu Dezmu but you could have pointed this out in the video (just a suggestion your video was pretty well done good job).

Last edited:

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
Good job putting this together Dezmu. This should help a lot of people, but I have some suggestions.

Typo report because I'm nitpicky: In the first explanation of how to do the toss, taping should be tapping. your doing, your going = you're.

While it is possible to pause the video to absorb the message, it might be a good idea to put some delays in there so it's not necessary to pause. I know how to do the toss and I don't even have enough time to read the words before they change. What you can do to test is to read the words out loud at a standard pace and make sure you have enough time to do so, then add a few seconds for slow readers. Also factor in that after reading the words the watcher still has to look up at the picture and absorb that.

The order of the instructions seems slightly different than how I learned it and it could work either way, not sure. You suggest pressing Z then letting go of analog, whereas I make sure the analog is let go before pressing Z. And I think it's easier to comprehend if Z and upC are sort of paired together in quick succession in the video, since that's how it's done.

The words in the forward toss section go even faster. I barely had time to pause xD the words were fading by then. Going to neutral for this isn't required, I'm not sure it's a good idea to put that in the "official" training video.

Definitely happy to see my clip in there :D Maybe put a little 2112 on the screen during? Standard font is fine but this is the official image http://www.2112tribute.com/images/2112 trans.gif

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice

Do you need to let go of B?

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
My understanding with A + B smash, is it works by hitting them at the same time. However, there is a small amount of leeway. So, you can hit one button slightly before the other. Is the idea that you want to input something that would create a smash, with hitting A first and B right when you move control stick to ending position? So the small amount of leeway is the time you have to move the directional input?

In other words, would it be good to just practice a regular forward smash over and over, making sure to hit A first and hold it down? Once you got that, then use that A + B input with the slide?

Edit: I just started trying with special set to R. When doing dash I try to hit both buttons at same time, but with the nature of the shoulder button I actually end up hitting special slightly after which is good. I've been getting way more slides like this, but they are always thrown up. Is the only thing for me to fix is angle of directional, or is there different timing in up and forward?

Edit edit: got my first one after over an hour yay! I did it by having my finger slightly away from shoulder button to add a little bit more time. Will keep trying

Last edited:

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
My understanding with A + B smash, is it works by hitting them at the same time. However, there is a small amount of leeway. So, you can hit one button slightly before the other. Is the idea that you want to input something that would create a smash, with hitting A first and B right when you move control stick to ending position? So the small amount of leeway is the time you have to move the directional input?
Yes, that's pretty much the gist of it.

In other words, would it be good to just practice a regular forward smash over and over, making sure to hit A first and hold it down? Once you got that, then use that A + B input with the slide?
You can try whatever method you want, both function pretty well, for me i do it A+B rather than A then B i guess i got used to it by now.

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett

You're a godsend. Thanks a bundle.

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
After some testing with the A+B "method" i can safely say that it doesn't work lol, just like scatt says it "feels" like A+B but in reality is A then B xD, sorry if i confused anyone here with my previous statements you can ignore them. :grin::colorful::awesome:

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Hi people. I've been kinda ignoring this boost blade stuff because I dislike it as a counter-intuitive tech to smash 4 since DACUS was removed, but it is cool and I support its development. So I'll chime in a bit.

Something you might want to do is to do an in depth frame analysis. I am guessing it's canceling the dashing item toss with a normal standing forward toss (and not another dashing item toss), and if so, the frame data is that it comes out f11 and you can act on frame 24. Upwards, you can act on frame 23. So essentially, there are 12/13 frames while you are stuck in the animation. I would be interested in how far you are sliding and where the metal blade is in relation to Mega Man during those 12/13 frames (is it in front to clash with any hitboxes that your opponents throw out?).

If there's a way to throw it down, you can act out of a downwards thrown item toss on frame 19 (8 frames cooldown). So that might be something worth looking into.

Since you're canceling the dashing item toss, which comes out frame 11, knowing when in those 11 frames you can cancel it with another toss would solidify the timing and also help understand the commitment you are making when you perform this tech (how long before the MB is actually thrown, etc.).

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
I'm sorry about the text being so fast, tbh I wasn't trying to rush the video, just was so excited to get info out and help people learn that I guess I got ahead of myself.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
I'm sorry about the text being so fast, tbh I wasn't trying to rush the video, just was so excited to get info out and help people learn that I guess I got ahead of myself.
That reminds me of my videos on the subject matter. I got as excited as you and went in full force, but now that I know more about DITCIT, I'd personally would make it as concise as possible. Its very nice that you got down AB Smash method to show the ones still confused on how to perform it. That I do applaud. Its still missing a couple things and if you go on to make a redux, include all directions if possible. If you own a Wiimote & Nunchuck, try to also show that off as an alternative, and show off its pivot form. Maybe the Wiimote and Nunchuck isn't the most appreciated controller, however anyone willing to go this far to grasp an easier method, I can guarantee they will appreciate you for it.

Whether or not either one be easier or not, its nice to know there is a second option for players to experiment with.

The other thing I realized is after Dezmu's testimony, I'm suspecting you could probably pivot toss after putting the left stick into neutral position. I can't really imagine it working, but I guess we'll have to sample that. I would love to be wrong on my own video just so everyone can pivot with this too without really needing a completely controller.

Last edited:

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble with forward toss on the Wii mote.

1. Is changing directional pad necessary (you mention flicking it)? Is returning to neutral not an option? I can do the upward throw by either holding the dash forward or returning to neutral, without needing to flick directional pad up.

2. What is the order of attack, forward smash, and up smash? I know forward smash is a split second before up smash. But is any press simultaneous with attack?

3. Is the attack command interchangeable with grab? It seems to be when I up toss, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
I'm having trouble with forward toss on the Wii mote.

1. Is changing directional pad necessary (you mention flicking it)? Is returning to neutral not an option? I can do the upward throw by either holding the dash forward or returning to neutral, without needing to flick directional pad up.

2. What is the order of attack, forward smash, and up smash? I know forward smash is a split second before up smash. But is any press simultaneous with attack?

3. Is the attack command interchangeable with grab? It seems to be when I up toss, but I'm not sure.
Its not necessary, to change it but that's actually easier in my opinion. Attack+Special commands turned on will work like on every other controller as well.

Similar to how you preform this tech using "grab" its essentially the same deal but adding forward smash right before you up smash. (Referenced in other tutorials like this one: https://youtu.be/NRqCOvRsU38 EXCEPT WITH THE WIIMOTE AND NUNCHUCK EQUIVALENT COMMANDS TO YOUR OWN SCHEME.)

I noted the attack button because its the command that actually plays a role.
You could use grab with one method but using AB Smash, you actually need to use attack and special specifically. Attack in AB Smash can't be substituted for Grab.

Last edited:

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Quick tip:

Use Mr saturns in training mode instead of MB when practicing. Saves a ton of time, and is funner recatching in the air and such

Last edited:

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
I heard that you could do this on the New 3DS's C-Stick whether its up, forward, or pivot. This might give you Mega Man mains another option to choose from in case you're not too fond of the Wiimote and Nunchuck. I'm assuming the fact that its not a stick it doesn't need to return to neutral like the C-Stick on the traditional controllers. Its about the same as the Wiimote and Nunchuck.

Top Bottom