• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DITCIT combos (forward tossed)

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
So I learned a lot of new information through more investigation: Short slides only come from stages that a player can counter pick. Apparently Windy Hill Omega has something against Mega Man's DITCIT making him slide significantly shorter.

That and technically the upwards flick motion on the left stick isn't necessary. You can return the stick to neutral if using the Wiimote and Nunchuck for example and still slide. This does however make me want to experiment more with the GameCube controller. I hope with that information in mind I can do it normally without AB Smash.

Now returning to what I said earlier about being able to do this in neutral stick. Well currently its relevant because MySmashCorner posted this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azRrqKUJ-5o

Though its something we can all LOL and say "yeah I could have thought of that at some point" this means you can use dash dancing to bait players into your DITCIT trap since you can return the stick to neutral.

It makes both DITCIT and Dash Dancing a lot more useful I'd say. These two can really go hand to hand.

Last edited:

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
windy hill has shorter slides because it's got grass for terrain, grass increases traction, thus reducing skid/ditcit distance!

but that's a crazy video, i'll have to study this further

quepasacontigo

Smash Rookie
Has anyone actually managed to do this consistently with a GC controller? I've been practicing for hours and only managed to do it like 15 times total. Mostly I accidentally toss it upwards, so I'm guessing I'm flicking too much upwards? It feels the stick should be flicked be a third way up from 9/3 o'clock to 10/2 o'clock if that makes any sense. And A+B when the stick is in neutral? or halfway to neutral? I'm confused and wish someone had the exact input timings to show in super super slow mo.

Last edited:

Curisu

Smash Cadet
Has anyone actually managed to do this consistently with a GC controller? I've been practicing for hours and only managed to do it like 15 times total. Mostly I accidentally toss it upwards, so I'm guessing I'm flicking too much upwards? It feels the stick should be flicked be a third way up from 9/3 o'clock to 10/2 o'clock if that makes any sense. And A+B when the stick is in neutral? or halfway to neutral? I'm confused and wish someone had the exact input timings to show in super super slow mo.
I got the forward toss 5 times I a row last night. I was surprised. I'm getting better with it.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the stick angle. It feels like it's it has to do with precise timing more than stick angle to me. They both matter, but I can get an up toss with the analog angled almost forward.

Last edited:

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Thank you for asking the question, now to understand the timing, I'd think we need to understand why it occurs. Stopping/slowing down opens the window for you to slide and then you must press the attack button (or grab optionally) near the same time you press b. Its almost at the same time and if you can't get that, then I don't think it would hurt to use grab to assist you.

What I'm saying is you don't need to set the stick to neutral namely since its not the only way this window opens up. Sliding the right stick upward can do this which is why it seems to work most for me on a slow run. There are many ways to do this on the AB Smash method, just find whats comfortable with you. For me I'm finding slow run allows you to stop better and or opens some other window that allows this to occur. (I believe its both starting dash and ending dash.)

For the forward toss there is a very specific angle in which you can do this. I can't really explain it well, but go to training mode and use side b to the highest input point on the left stick, and likely that should be it. This is where you want to stop your control stick at.

Last edited:

Curisu

Smash Cadet
Thank you for asking the question, now to understand the timing, I'd think we need to understand why it occurs. Stopping/slowing down opens the window for you to slide and then you must press the attack button (or grab optionally) near the same time you press b. Its almost at the same time and if you can't get that, then I don't think it would hurt to use grab to assist you.

What I'm saying is you don't need to set the stick to neutral namely since its not the only way this window opens up. Sliding the right stick upward can do this which is why it seems to work most for me on a slow run. There are many ways to do this on the AB Smash method, just find whats comfortable with you. For me I'm finding slow run allows you to stop better and or opens some other window that allows this to occur. (I believe its both starting dash and ending dash.)

For the forward toss there is a very specific angle in which you can do this. I can't really explain it well, but go to training mode and use side b to the highest input point on the left stick, and likely that should be it. This is where you want to stop your control stick at.
I don't stop or slow down when before I hit the attack button. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean though. Can you explain it better?

Hazardlife

Smash Rookie
I use the 3ds (not "new") and I'm confused on how to do it on the 3ds could I use the grab button or am I only able to do it using AB?

Top Bottom