• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Features Nakat at Apex 2015!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Last thing I want to here is Selena Gomez doing a cover of "Sonic Heroes" on Radio Disney.
I should kill you just for putting that image in my head.
Jesus, man. That's scary.
Imagine Kanye West singing the Knuckles raps from SA2. *shiver*
Kanye singing Unknown From M.E.? That actually sounds pretty damn good.
Now that this is bought up, it's only a matter of time before we see a video of some "grown up" Disney chick stripping to Fly in the Freedom, or some whiny cover of Dreams of an Absolution.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Does this mean the next Disney Movie will star the Melee Gods as the princesses and Leffen as the big bad or what
"Smash-It Ralph" confirmed.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
/r/smashbros wasn't joking at all.

Who would have thought that Smash Bros, let alone Apex 2015 would ever get featured on a major channel?

Wintry

Smash Cadet
If this doesn't help boost Smash's popularity in some form I'm not sure what will.

Let's just hope we don't recieve the wrong kind of attention. Last thing I want to here is Selena Gomez doing a cover of "Sonic Heroes" on Radio Disney.

All of a sudden, I want that more than anything.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Gravity Falls. That's it.

This was pretty damn cool!
I don't recall that show. And anything that is a fusion towards the media will only lead to problematic situations in the near future. But of course no one will fathom what I'm writing until the time comes. Thanks.

trusty

Smash Apprentice
If this doesn't help boost Smash's popularity in some form I'm not sure what will.

Let's just hope we don't recieve the wrong kind of attention. Last thing I want to here is Selena Gomez doing a cover of "Sonic Heroes" on Radio Disney.
I would love that so hard. Better get Dog With A Blog on the phone!

meda9871

Smash Cadet
NNID
meda9871
3DS FC
2895-7619-5918
I hope this doesn't lead to 5 year olds attending tournaments now. :glare:

Or even worse, Mickey Mouse mascots at Smash tournaments. :urg:
Hey just remember that it's best to teach them while they're young. But imagine how cool it would be if this led to Smash tournaments at Disneyland?:yeahboi:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
" Come join us next week on Disney XD where we talk to famed smasher ZeRo and talk about his life changing transformation which he claims, made Hoo hahing much easier"

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Too bad they didn't show apex poverty chat in the video :(
Le toucan arriving on worldwide tv would make my life complete.

Tater

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Taternater
3DS FC
2406-5307-2936
Competitive smash's target audience is not 11 year old kids
Looks like I might have to eat my own words.

On the plus side, this kind of exposure for competitive smash is really cool c: I just hope tournaments aren't flooded with immature kids.

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
I love seeing stuff like this. Like, whenever I saw the trailer for E3, and it showed all the players like Hugs, ZeRo, Toph, just all of them, I got super excited. I love seeing the community breakout into the Media.

Disney Sucks
You suck

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Looks like I might have to eat my own words.

On the plus side, this kind of exposure for competitive smash is really cool c: I just hope tournaments aren't flooded with immature kids.
Have you seen the kind of **** melee players post on twitter? They might as well already be :troll:

Smasher-LTIMT

Smash Cadet
NNID
battlefront157
3DS FC
2165-7609-0420
S​

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are! Having a Smash Disney star will sure come true! No this is NOT a joke, Smash was featured on the Disney channel! From a feature called Gaming Show [In My Parents' Garage], it follows famed Smash player Nakat in his adventures at Apex 2015, while showing off many other known Smash players as well. The original video can be found on the Canadian Disney XD website, but is only regularly accessible to those with IP addresses from the area. However an awesome Smasher named BarDulL has recorded a copy so it can be viewed by the rest of the world!

It is incredibly awesome to see Smash featured by such an incredible media giant. This opportunity was actually made possible due to the hard work and dedication of @ pidgezero_one pidgezero_one so be sure to give her some thanks! To see more videos from Gaming Show [In My Parents' Garage] check out their Youtube channel. What incredible place will Smash be featured next? Stay tuned to Smashboards to find out!

SmashCapps was incredibly pumped to see this and extends his congratulations to Nakat! SmashCapps will make his own wish upon a star that readers will follow him on Twitter

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are! Having a Smash Disney star will sure come true! No this is NOT a joke, Smash was featured on the Disney channel! From a feature called Gaming Show [In My Parents' Garage], it follows famed Smash player Nakat in his adventures at Apex 2015, while showing off many other known Smash players as well. The original video can be found on the Canadian Disney XD website, but is only regularly accessible to those with IP addresses from the area. However an awesome Smasher named BarDulL has recorded a copy so it can be viewed by the rest of the world!

It is incredibly awesome to see Smash featured by such an incredible media giant. This opportunity was actually made possible due to the hard work and dedication of @ pidgezero_one pidgezero_one so be sure to give her some thanks! To see more videos from Gaming Show [In My Parents' Garage] check out their Youtube channel. What incredible place will Smash be featured next? Stay tuned to Smashboards to find out!

SmashCapps was incredibly pumped to see this and extends his congratulations to Nakat! SmashCapps will make his own wish upon a star that readers will follow him on Twitter.
YAY! Super Smash Bros. Getting more people interested!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

This... actually wasn't that bad.
I was expecting something a lot worse, but Disney gave competitive Smash some pretty good representation. I'm impressed.
Mickey Mouse confirmed for DLC

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
I don't care if this video is good or not. That doesn't matter. This is going to introduce the kids who watch the awful shows on Disney to the community. That is not a good thing. That is a TERRIBLE thing. I'm tired of people trying to introduce EVERYBODY to the community. "You're an obnoxious, immature kid who doesn't know crap about competitive games? Join our community! Everyone is welcome!" Thanks a lot. As if the Smash 4 community wasn't annoying enough already...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Does this mean we can have Mickey Mouse in Smash :4pacman:

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Hi everyone! I will continue being the Smash representative on this show as there is still more work for me to do. This is an amazing opportunity I received thanks to Pidgezero. I hope this opens doors to many more Disney/media related opportunities and allows me to give back to our community as a whole.

If you have any questions feel free to follow me on

Twitter.com/LOFNAKITKAT
Twitch.tv/nakat973

I also have a Disney emote on my channel Haha
Ew No Nakat , why u is fraud son, git out of here with that son u big fat fraud #ONNETTBOYSFRAUDS

This is why i am always on Nairo Team :ness64::ness64::ness64::ness64::ness64:

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Also nakat dresses like he needs ot be in a disney show, ib4 there is a disney channel based on smash bros , Disney + Nintendo = smash bros Disney style
Inb4 Nakat is in a disney show saying the most cheesiest Jokes

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
"Smash-It Ralph" confirmed.
Not "Smash-it Sammy"?

You had one job and you blew it.

I don't care if this video is good or not. That doesn't matter. This is going to introduce the kids who watch the awful shows on Disney to the community. That is not a good thing. That is a TERRIBLE thing. I'm tired of people trying to introduce EVERYBODY to the community. "You're an obnoxious, immature kid who doesn't know crap about competitive games? Join our community! Everyone is welcome!" Thanks a lot. As if the Smash 4 community wasn't annoying enough already...
Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls, and the Boy Meets World sequel are all good shows. Disney right now is at a much better place than it was seven years ago.

Last edited:

n0b0dy

Smash Rookie
Why NAKAT, I mean no offense, but, NAKAT, really? Also SECONDQ!!!!!
Tbh NAKAT is the perfect person for this job. He is a great speaker, and an excellent leader in the community. Heck, he has even made videos on his channel to help encourage people to go to tournaments.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
This community already has people who think Melee Hell is the height of comedy. Disney kids would honestly be an upgrade.

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
Imagine if they had Nairo or Mew2king narrate what was going on instead of Nakat.

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
2:05

"**** looks awesome"

Also, important Boss quote for the Disney smashers hoping to start playing competitively
"Don't go down the same alley you got *****."
"..."

"...what?"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is just strange, do people still watch Disney? I haven't watched anything on that channel since I was like what seven. Can't imagine Disney is still the same the channel use to be years ago. Thanks.
The only show most people watch on Disney is Gravity Falls.

Top Bottom