• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney buys Marvel

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
http://money.cnn.com/2009/08/31/news/companies/disney_marvel/index.htm

"NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The Walt Disney Co. announced Monday that it has agreed to purchase comic book and action hero company Marvel Entertainment for about $4 billion.

The deal pairs a comic book publisher that just recently began to produce its own movies with one of the largest international media companies in the world.

"This is perfect from a strategic perspective," Disney Chief Executive Robert Iger told CNNMoney.com. "This treasure trove of over 5,000 characters offers Disney the ability to do what we do best."

So what does this mean to you and the Future of Marvel?

To be honest I wasn't thrilled by this news but then 3 things came to my mind a short time after reading this.

1. What will that mean for Islands of Adventure? Universal will have to pay up all it's profit from their Marvel Rides to disney? xD

2. Epic Darkwing Duck comics? awww yea!

3. What will this mean for the gaming industry? Will Marvel vs Capcom 3(not sure if this will ever happen now :urg: )feature ... Jack Sparrow? The Incredibles??................Hannah Montana????!!!!

...WUT?

TheLake

Smash Master
Haha I heard about this and thought it was a joke.

This is a pretty dynamic shift but Im not TOO worried just yet.

I thought the same thing with Kingdom hearts and thought it could never work but they took it in a different direction than I expected.

Just as long as spiderman doesnt have any lame crossovers (Like web slinging with peter pan....tarzan on the other hand would be pretty awesome) then I wont complain to much (:

M@v

Subarashii!
This should be veeerrrryyyyy interesting to watch unfold. Disney doesn't pull stuff like this unless they got serious **** planned O_O

tubes

Smash Ace
Sora: Thanks for the help Hulk, but now we must part.
Hulk: Hulk no want Sora to leave. Hulk sad.
Sora: Don't worry Hulk, we will always be connected by our hearts.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Sora: Thanks for the help Hulk, but now we must part.
Hulk: Hulk no want Sora to leave. Hulk sad.
Sora: Don't worry Hulk, we will always be connected by our hearts.
Obviously taken directly from the KH3 script, it's too.... real.

All I know is if they put that busted Mickey from KH2 boss fights in the next crossover, Magneto is in for a world of pain.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
My team for Disney vs. Capcom:

Selena Gomez/Zach&Cody (one character)/Hannah Montana

Linguini

Smash Master
As a legit comic collecter im dissapointed in Marvel's choice to cop out. I don't really like Disney either so that just makes it worse.

Ugh, the possibilities sicken me.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL

saberhof

Smash Master
this is incredible i would really like to see stan lee´s point of view...how he just degraded his own mark :O...even if its a great investment, he really degraded it reallybad...

makes me sad....lets hope goes good...

i can see it now...all the games, all the movies, the publicity, if disney thought this would be a good idea, i hope they know how to manage it against the public, its not the same image anymore...

Top Bottom