• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disco Room from the Disco Room! DGames Reject Copy

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
All of frag's "hunches" about Bungle being scummy based on him taking the leadership role is suspicious with me. Especially since it came right after Bungle voted for him.

Well, so far, I have some small doubts, but the ones that stick out to me most are

-Bunglefever: Taking a role as someone who moves people forward, constantly asking questions of others, almost as if to keep questions off himself

However, these are only slight hunches. As once said in this thread, the town's best weapon is the everchanging vote
I'm not keeping questions off myself, no ones asked anything of me.

My thoughts are quite visible anyway
As I said, only hunches.

What I mean when I say you are keeping questioning off of yourself is that you spend your time posing questions to others, because it keeps focus off of yourself.
This would be true if i never posted my own thoughts as well.

It's no fault of mine if no one wishes to comments upon them.
The very fact that you continue to take the attention away from yourself is my reasoning against you. If people are too busy following your leads then they won't take the time to make their own.
Especially this part:

Indeed it is not. Quite convinient isn't it?
If there is something about anything i've said that bothers you. do tell.

Or ask away. I was the one advocating for others to ask questions.
Saying that it's "convenient" is really shady to me. I mean it's up to people to ask questions. Bungle was asking what people thought about the game, that's not keeping suspicion off him.

It just seems suspicious that Frag would attempt to call out Bungle because of him asking questions, as opposed to just asking Bungle what he thought about the game and stuff.

But this is just me. What do you guys think about frag?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Well first of all, I encourage people to read through all a person's posts. It really helped me separate (in this case, Vrael) from the mess, and you can analyze better when you're not just going off memory and right at the moment stuff.

So for Vrael;
At first, just trying to figure out the game. He then gets into the game by adding to the discussion on rPSI. Most of my reasoning to him probably being town is owed to his points on rPSI. If he was mafia, I don't think he would be suspicious of rPSI the way he was. Look through his posts, they are really logical and explore a lot of the possibilities.

That's basically why, but you can see more when you read his posts.
Hint hint I'm being lazy and don't want to dig up all his posts and link you to the ones I think are important.

Also not related to Vrael;
It's interesting to note that mafia just killed rPSI and didn't leave him alive so we could kill him on D2, and they could kill someone else. But I guess that's because they knew that by lynching Rei, they had already got one of us out of the way, plus, he would have investigated.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yeah zen you. I felt like you were nudging things and buddying me hardcore. I still have to reread though.

I see kev's on my *** as per usual.

frag can go as well.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright guys, making a post right in a bit. I am going to look at frag.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
All of Fragbaits posts.

I would exploit the fact that they don't know the finer points of the game, and ask questions that would unknowingly reveal them as Mafia. I would use D1 to try to pin down, with some certainty, what role each plays.
Frag saying his grand plan for things. This is semi useless. However, he was saying the little "what if" schemes. Which are never quite what they seem. Usually said to try to distract from what they are really doing.

[collapse=useless stuff]
So many people jumping on voting so quickly. I want more info first myself, because votes actually count here.
Yeah, especially the players who are Mafia xD
I'm aware of this, but considering we don't know how many scum there are, then our chances of having a sure thing as opposed to randomly killing scum are low.
Indeed it is not. Quite convinient isn't it?
Has Vrael even POSTED?
I only edited to bold the statement. If there is any doubt then a mod is welcome to check.
Oops, I meant to say Holding. Typo xD
Reasons were quoted above.
Game just started. I'm not going to make sweeping statements if I can't back them up.

TBH, I would be most suspicious of experienced players. Too early in the game to tell though.
Why the hell would you be suspicious of people just because they have played before. The roles are assigned to everyone randomly. An experienced player has no more chance than an inexperienced player at getting mafia/town.

[collapse=when he votes]
Sorry, been busy elsewhere all...

(reads posts)

Oh my xD

I don't understand how my saying day 1 is crucial means I think I'll leak anything. It just means you can use day 1 to establish posting habits of the players. While I'm quite aware of the fact that day 1 voting is pretty much random, that doesn't mean we should write off anything that a person might say.

VOTE: -Rei-
He actually said something legitimate! Oh wait, read it again. He just says "stuff that is posted day 1 is important." Duh? Then he randomly votes for Rei. He hasn't said he was suspicious of Rei at all, yet out of nowhere he votes for Rei.

[/collapse]

Well, so far, I have some small doubts, but the ones that stick out to me most are

-rei-: Making sure to stay short and sweet with posts, leading me to believe that he/she is watching what they say, not giving away too much

-Bunglefever: Taking a role as someone who moves people forward, constantly asking questions of others, almost as if to keep questions off himself

However, these are only slight hunches. As once said in this thread, the town's best weapon is the everchanging vote
Fragbait is trying to use personality as a determining factor for who is mafia and who isn't. He is just grasping at straws with this one. He isn't making legitimate cases against people, he is just attitude playing.

His case against Rei has to do with short and sweet with posts. Which makes him think that he is watching what they say. I watch what I say. I use the preview post button. I can guarantee that everyone in this game is "watching" what they say.

His case against Bungle is. "You are trying to be helpful! YOU SCUM."
As I said, only hunches.

What I mean when I say you are keeping questioning off of yourself is that you spend your time posing questions to others, because it keeps focus off of yourself.
Apparently, if you ask a question you are trying to keep suspicion off of yourself. I guess it isn't really someone try to get an answer to try to build a case.

Then his response to Bungle
Other than my previously stated reasoning, I haven't found a reason to suspect you any further. Of course, I have to be suspicious of everyone right now.
Does this post smell useless to you guys too?

Which is a fair statement to make, baring my previous comment ( I'm not quite sure that you understand what I'm saying)
Rinse wash repeat. The useless washer is set to useless. (LOOK I AM FUNNY, don't blame me. I am just bored looking at all of these posts)

I've been offline, -Rei-. I have a life outside town xD

As for Bungle, I've already mentioned the fact he's taking a leadership role to be suspicious. I explained my reasoning. As a matter of fact, I was one of the first to question him at all.

Unvote; Vote: Bungle
He has expressed worry over the lynch since heat has started to shift to him. I find this suspicious.
What reasoning. You are targeting someone who was being helpful.

We would have probably ended up with someone else doing what you are right now.
So if bungle didn't try to help the town then someone else would have taken the initiative? What if nobody did? What if Bungle is trying to help everyone out because they are new?

The very fact that you continue to take the attention away from yourself is my reasoning against you. If people are too busy following your leads then they won't take the time to make their own.
He really isn't spreading suspicion. He is investigating. He is asking questions, looking at posts, try to read people. He is playing the game correctly.

This is something to be worried about. Scum can easily make false information sound great, especially with new players about. If he is scum, he's not leading us to any.
Wait, who determines that information is false?

Yes, and his plan is working well, if it consists of getting you lynched.
Do I even need to say it?

Wingz: I haven't seen enough from you to tell. While your habits so far tell me that you are being very careful as to what you say, I can understand why.

Kevin: Very hard to read. He seems to want to help the town, but isn't really taking us in any real direction.

Vrael: No way I can read him at this point. Not enough to go on, which in itself is suspicous. I can understand if his reasoning is that he has a life, but he's made no claims. He's under suspicion, but nothing more.

UNVOTE
Careful posting? He seems to want to help the town? Not enough to go on? The only one that is legitimate in this is the last one. Vrael hadn't posted a bunch at the time. So there wasn't enough to go on. His other two are just attitude posts, again.

I don't have an opinion quite yet. I'm going to do some digging through the posts on my own.
Lets see how his digging goes.

I don't understand how anything I've said is suspicious. Care to explain and not blindly point a finger at the next guy?
Nice digging.

Right now my suspicions lie in Bungle, as per before, and Vrael.
He's playing very agressively since he's come under suspicion. He also seems to be oddly comfortable with lynching you.
Since my last suspicions were posted, -rei- has fallen off of my "could be scum" list.
Yeah man! Oddly comfortable with lynching people. Weird how that works when you have a suspicion on someone. I think that if you are suspicious of someone you investigate, watch, vote, then try to lynch them.

-Rei- hasn't continued to portray what made me suspicous in the first place.

My list is pretty short right now:

Bungle
Vrael

Other than that I don't have a good read on the others yet, but they haven't done anything to stand out to me as suspicous.
Repeat.

Something about him just doesn't seem right. It's not a very big suspicion, tbh.
Gut feelings are not helpful.

Like I said, just something doesn't sit right. It's just a hunch, which is why my vote isn't cast.
Trying to read someone off of hunches doesn't work.

[/collapse]

I would be fine with a frag lynch. He is absolutely useless and his cases are incredibly weak. He is just trying to throw suspicion on people left and right. He doesn't answer with real reasons when he is questioned.

VOTE: Fragbait

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I do agree that frag is useless at the moment, but I want to hold off and see what happens/read more posts from D1 for a bit. For the record though, frag lynch sounds good.

And thanks Sinz for saving me time of digging through his posts lol.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Just read Sinz's whole post. Frag is so useless right now, and a lot of his statements are pretty suspicious to.

I can always change it, but for now:

Vote: Fragbait

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just read Sinz's whole post. Frag is so useless right now, and a lot of his statements are pretty suspicious to.

I can always change it, but for now:

Vote: Fragbait
Did you laugh at the washer joke?

plz say yes.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Sorry for being absent, was at a tourney last two days.

Will reread everything now. Might not post before tomorrow though.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Bungle > Frag

If one of those aren't lynched today then this is a fail.
Why are you hardcore pressuring town to go towards directions you see, or wright off as the right thing to do? You do not even give alot of valid argumentation, examples, or anything like that at all.
Right now you just say "this or that, or either you all are *******" and the other posts you make are filled with telling people how ******** they are for thinking certaint things, once again without backing them up with enough argumentation.
I would really like it if you changed this. Alot of the people here will probably not react right to this kind of pressure, I atleast will not.

People wanna see me give new points? At the moment you can point at just about anything, look through the thread, and find "scumslips" or atleast some things that can give you a gut feeling, or suspicion, especially after all the frantic chaos that was D1. The only thing I really felt something for was SPI. I just happened to agree with bungle, and figured that two people pressuring him would be more effective, even if we had/I used the same points Bungle did. There just wasn't anything else to find after such a short time, especially since most people wern't even active (yet). So unless you think that people agreeing with people is scummy by itself (read: it not happening too much, and not without valid reasons) I think that this is not a point that should be pressured on too much.

I will reread once again tomorrow to try and find something NEW to bring up.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Wingz before you go

What do you think about Frag at this point in time

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Wingz before you go

What do you think about Frag at this point in time
I skimmed the last 2 pages quickly because I have a lot of homework to do, this is also why I wanted to make my post about anything else tomorrow, what I can say about frag from what I've seen before these pages, I do not really see him as scum. He does seem a little suspicious but not that bad.

It feels like you guys are just hunting people by how usefull they are, and not scum. I know that this can be a tactic used to catch scum, but I feel like this is not the idea behind it. Rereading might change my opinion though, so I'll post about this tomorrow.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Unvote Bungle

If Frag is going I can believe that too.

Vote Frag

Bungle could you stop being super **** worthless town?

Wingz don't play butthurt play scumhunt game.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Bungle > Frag

If one of those aren't lynched today then this is a fail.
And I suppose this was a success? I agree with Wingz on this one. I understand the whole pressure method, but you gotta give us some more input rather than just telling us what to do. Personally I think mafia was in on the Rei lynch, and it seemed to me like everyone voted for him kind of hastily (including myself). You're ready to lynch bungle just because his post amount decreased after psi was revealed? Anymore reasoning than that? Also as a review, what exactly made you decide on Rei in the last lynch?
Gotta go read more on frag. I also haven't really read Zen's posts at all so I might as well read them.
Thanks, I feel important.
Yeah zen you. I felt like you were nudging things and buddying me hardcore. I still have to reread though.
I messed up on Rei, but I just couldn't get off of him. I don't recall buddying with you at all, but you can link me if you find any post that suggest so. I just said that I thought you were town.

Also I have the same question that I asked Kevin: What exactly made you comfortable with the Rei lynch?

DayDay and Vrael, I ask the same from you.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I'm trying I'm trying!

Rei was definitely only nudging people with his comments and not taking too much of a stance. This is a safe scum (especialyl fo new newere players) because they don't have to commit to anything if they flip town.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Can we get a vote count? And how many is it to lynch?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
OKay here we go

Sinz: Why didn't you vote yesterday? Nothing stand out to you? Clearly not the case since you made that large post on frag. Since most of those are from D1, why did you wait to do so?

Wingz: Same to you. Nothing stuck out to you after rPSI claimed?

Exn : Who are you looking at now? Rei was clearly a mislynch and the inevitable happened. SHould we look at who rPSI was suspicious of? What about the people on Rei's lynch

Vrael & Dayday : Let's not tunnel on frag too hard. When you guys reread nothing else stuck out to you? Do you think frag is just being unhelpful town? Why or why not

Kevin : don't tunnel me :(

Purple

Hi guys!
Votes
Fragbait (3): Sinz, Vrael, KevinM

Not Voted
Bunglefever, Wingz, Fragbait, Ndayday, Exn

Do you guys even look at votes? lol

8 people are currently living.

5/8 for majority lynch

Out of Context, you all are becoming really good at mafia :3

fragbait

Smash Master
Sup, Bungle. How was your weekend, bro?
My first time on the computer in a couple days, lets see...
O.O

Suddenly I'm under suspicion for being useless? And "Dodging questions?" I feel I've answered all questions past the pointless D1 "you scum?" question. If you have any doubts, please share them, as I do wish to be helpful. I've just always played a very conservative game. I don't like to make sweeping statements until I am certain that I can back it up with hard proof.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
OKay here we go

Sinz: Why didn't you vote yesterday? Nothing stand out to you? Clearly not the case since you made that large post on frag. Since most of those are from D1, why did you wait to do so?
I did vote a few times(though they were activity prods) yesterday. I was mostly watching PSI but I wasn't sure if he was mafia or not. Well, I know now that he isn't.

I didn't even realize frag was that pointless until you guys started talking about him. So, in response to seeing you guys talk about him I did some work of my own.

Does that answer your questions? If I didn't, let me know and I will try to have more clarity.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Psi was suspicious of everyone who was suspicious of him so that might not help much. Definitely looking at the people who voted for Rei. As I said, I'm thinking at least one mafia was in on it. I think there is too much on frag as well. The same thing is happening that happened with Rei.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
No that's not it. I meant that we got on Rei because he played in a reserved way( i.e he didn't contribute much). Everyone tunneled in on him and we mislynched. The fact that everyone is voting for you without even going over what just happened is pretty hasty, even if you are mafia.

fragbait

Smash Master
Who, out of those voting for me (Kevin, Sinz, Vrael) do you feel is scummy, why do you think so, and do you think it's just a random scum act that I'm being targeted? I don't see how I'm a threat to them at this point...

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
We didn't lynch Rei because he was reserved. He put his thoughts out on there.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Bungle, did I answer your question?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
frag: targeting you is anyhting but random. Alot of people have deemed your play scummy as it is. It's opportunistic. You're a good scapegoat of sorts if you're town.

Or you could be scum and your buddy is throwin you under the bus.

Yeah sinz you did, otherwise i would have said something otherwise.

just one more thing: at the end of the day, you were still unsure?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Also: What were your thoughts before the rPSI flip toDay? What do you think of the Rei wagon? Was he acting scummy or were we just tunneling too hard.

Top Bottom