• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Direct Leak from 2 Channel (Spoilers) [ANOTHER FAKE?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
Like every other "leak" i'm going to assume this isn't true until we see it on the Dojo or in the game. If this is real then i'm very disappointed not to see Isaac, Megaman (but this was doubtful anyway) and Claus but that's the way things go. At least Geno and Bowser jr are in.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Unless you provide a link, as far as I can tell, this roster is entirely made up. I searched 2ch high and low, as well as several Japanese smash sites, yet nothing turned up about this. Why? Because someone just made it up and said it came from 2ch. Provide a link so I can check your sources; otherwise this is yet another fake leak.

Allin

Smash Journeyman
Unless you provide a link, as far as I can tell, this roster is entirely made up. I searched 2ch high and low, as well as several Japanese smash sites, yet nothing turned up about this. Why? Because someone just made it up and said it came from 2ch. Provide a link so I can check your sources; otherwise this is yet another fake leak.

I have to agree with SP link or this is false i to searched 2chan everywhere and couldn't find a single thing about this.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Good, because that roster is terrible.

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
I don't understand the demand for Dark Samus. I still have to finish Echoes, so I have yet to see what makes her so drastically different from regular Samus.
If you have engaged in the first Dark Samus boss fight then you should understand what makes Dark Samus so different from Samus. I've had to sit down and explain to people so many times what makes Dark Samus so different and why she would not be Samus clone. From battle mannerisms, behaviour and moveset, Dark Samus would be different.

Card

Smash Lord
To back up your statement even further;

According to this image, which obviously has not been photoshopped;

The text apparently reads;
>>> Zelda
>>> Nayru's Love
>>> Forore's Wind
>>> Din's Fire
>>> Twilight Change

If this is true, Looks like this prophet has just been slammed.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
As did I, SP. But to no avail.

It's a phony.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
This seems plausible enough to me.

Consider my $5 added to the pot of "This is true."

Edit: You guys can't actually find it on 2ch? Well, that sucks.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
Mii (Looks like your Mii! Weight and size differ, but attacks are always same)

Found very weird. But pretty believable I guess.

Pokemon Rival (Turtwig, Croconaw and Blaziken)

I found that one very iffy.

Cool original idea though.

That's 3 generations of pokemon for people who don't know.

Croconaw (2nd gen, GSC)
Blaziken (3rd gen, RSE)
Turtwig (4th gen, DP)

And finally,
Shiek (Seperate character from Zelda)

This is where I lost all hope.
It's spelled Sheik. K thx.

Typo = not credible.:)
lol. I guess this kinda clinches it.

Fake roster, guys. Move along.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
This roster is probably fake.

1) There are too much characters. 53 characters (I'm sure I forgot someone). I don't want to say, it can't happen, but it's really unlikely. He has 30 (?) unlockable characters.

2) Let's see how the series are represented.
(First number: starters, second number: hidden characters, third number: transformations)

Mario (3 + 4 + 1): Mario, Bowser, Peach, Luigi, Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario , Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, Geno
Zelda (2 + 5 + 0): Link, Zelda , Young Link, Wolflink & Midna, Ganondorf, Shiek, Vaati
Pokémon (2 + 4 + 4): Pikachu, PT, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, PR, Lucario
Kirby (3 + 0 + 0): Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight
WarioWare (1 + 0 + 0): Wario
Yoshi ( 1 + 0 + 0): Yoshi
Metroid ( 1 + 1 (2) + 1): Samus/Zamus, Zamus, Ridley
StarFox (1 + 2 + 0): Fox, Krystal, Falco
Fire Emblem ( 1 + 2 + 0): Ike, Marth, Roy
Mother (1 + 1 + 0): Lucas, Ness
DK (2 + 1 + 0): DK, Diddy, K.Rool
F-Zero (1 + 1 + 0): Captain Falcon, Black Shadow
Retro (2 + 3 + 0) Pit, Ice Climber, Sukapon, Mr G&W, Takamaru
New franchises (1 + 4 + 0): Olimar, Andy, Ray, Mii, Animal Crosser
3rd-Party (2 + 0 + 0) Snake, Sonic

Well, that's everything. There are some things bugging me.

Why should Kirby get three startes (hightest number of startes) and not getting any unlockable characters? I would agree if Meta / Dedede were unlockable. Having a that high number of characters, would allow Kirby having one unlockable. Sakurai is making the game, he won't represent his series at the same level like smaller franchises. And even if, it's unimagineable Sakurai won't give his series one unlockable.

Mario, Zelda and Pokémon get a lot of characters according this list. Of course they'll get a lot of characters, but something is bugging me....

The rest of the list is possible.

3) Surprises?
The final character roster needs surprises. But the only surprise I see in this list is the high number of characters. The characters on it, are more or less predictable. We need such unpredictable characters like PT.

4) Pokémon Rival
It seems really bad to destroy a unique character with another one, working same. (I think the same about Babys - Ice Climber) Sounds really stupid to me. Serebii deconfirmed this, but well......

5) No reliable source
I can make a prophecy like this, saying I'm from *insert a big magazine / gaming site*. I searched this thread and no one has a source for this. And some people were searching this site and didn't find anything (?)

I would be happy with this roster. But it seems like this is probaply fake.
There are a lot of signs for making this list fake. I can't say it's fake for 100%, but it's still unbelievable.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
good point, that shows how Iffy things like that are...We likly will get the full roster maybe a week after the game is out (is my guess)

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
i refuse to believe a roster that includes Miis as playable characters and no megaman </3

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I would be happy with this roster (includes Roy and Ridley, I <3 them both) but I still think it has a dirty stench of fake coming from it.

Too many characters, Sheik being split now that we think Zelda may have a move called "Twilight Change", and the fact that there are so many third parties? Seems a bit TOO good.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Erg, why did I do this for Y'ALL!?

Wow...

Just wow. Research helps if you don't know who a character is.

You know...

Google or Wikipedia?

Code= Red, you should know, period. No questions asked.
Orange, you should probably know
Yellow, you probably wouldn’t know
Green, you should really not know at all, unless you happen to know.

And one special color, pink, for you should have expected this to happen, for one special case.

- Mario - YOU KNOW HIM.
- Bowser - IF YOU KNOW MARIO, YOU SHOULD KNOW THE ULTIMATE IN BADASSERITY.
- Peach - She's in another castle...
- Wario - Greediest mofo in the Mario Series. You should know him.
- Yoshi - Mario's "horse" in a sense, you should know him.
- Link - He come to town, to save, the Princess
- Zelda - He put Ganon away, all the children go play, because ogod with the booga (I never understood that last part, but if you don't know who these two are, you fail, F--)
- Pikachu - You know, the annoying thing from the Pokémon Anime. :D I knew that would jog your memory.
- Pokémon Trainer - Child who dresses to impress with monsters that kill things. Go figure.
- Samus - If you don't know her (yes it's a she), then please drop dead for me.
- Kirby - Oh come on...

- King Dedede - ^^^
- Meta Knight - Hello, sexy...I mean, c'mon....!

- Fox - Hey Star Fox
- Pit - game: Kid Icarus, go figure.
- Ike - Fire Emblem Lord for the GameCube and Wii Fire Emblems. You have probably heard of him recently.

- Donkey Kong - Barrels.
- Diddy Kong - He hands Donkey the barrels. :laugh:
- Captain Falcon - FALCON PUNCH. YCS!
- Ice Climbers - look it up on Wikipedia if you suck so bad. </3
- Lucas - From the recent Japanese only game, Mother 3, of the Mother series. Also known as Earthbound at the states. This would be Earthbound 2 if it got released.
- Pikmin & Olimar - Starcraft for the GameCube. Go look up Pikmin NOW.

- Sonic - Don't know him. Totally don't. Not the most bad dude since Bad Dudes till his recent games failed him.
- Snake - METAL GEAR!?

---

- Luigi - Mario's brother.
- Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario (Changes like Zelda in SSBM) - Bowser's son, some how.
- Baby Mario & Luigi - GO FIGURE.

- Geno - From Super Mario RPG. Most of you guys want him in, so people who don't know him can't help but figure it out.
- Young Link (Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass version, is not a clone of default Link) - <-- zomg the games are listed RIGHT THERE. Jesus....
- Wolf Link & Midna - Twilight Princess. Go look it up.
- Ganondorf (Has own moveset, is not a clone) - ^^^
- Shiek (Seperate character from Zelda) - Sure, they misspelled it, but it's not like y'all don't [misspell words, that is], idiots.

- Vaati - Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords, go look it up.
- Mewtwo - That ugly monstrosity made of raw badassidium, too bad they screwed him up in Melee...
- Pokémon Rival (Turtwig, Croconaw and Blaziken) - I'm not surprised, seriously. Why do you people need to think that every character has to be unique? Silly if you thought otherwise. And having three different gens of Pokemon does not equal bad. That is actually a really smart move if it is true.
- Lucario - Some popular Pokémon that is like the Mewtwo (I guess) of the recent new generations of Pokémon. Me? I'd prefer Chatot, but that is me...
- Jigglypuff - Big annoying singing balloon of death. From Pokémon.
- Zero Suit Samus (Unlocked to be selected apart from Samus) - Cool beans, I'm not surprised, you shouldn't be either...

- Ridley - Space Dragon from Metroid, a requirement in the series is to have him appear in your game at least once, if he doesn't you have to make up for it later.
- Falco (Has own moveset, is not a clone) - From Star Fox, getting his own move set wouldn't surprise me anyways. He's popular because of Melee and Lylat Wars 64/Star Fox 64 and up.
- Krystal - Some Furry from the Star Fox Adventure series, doesn't play a big role besides giving Fox another reason to complete his mission. To get some. :laugh: She's been in the Star Fox series ever since, being on of Fox's wingmen now.
- Ness (Has own moveset, is not a clone) - Not surprised, his moves didn't match up from Earthbound/Mother 2 and that disturbed people a bit that were fans. Maybe he'll finally get PK Rockin'.
- Animal Crosser - From Animal Crossing, go figure. Not surprised, you shouldn't be either.
- Marth - Popular Doom Lord from two Fire Emblems. Did I mention that Fire Emblem is REALLY popular over in Japan?
- Roy - From Fire Emblem 6, he was the Lord for a part of that game, but his name is off. His name is Eliwood in the States.

- K.Rool - Antagonist of the Donkey Kong Country series, and for Donkey Kong 64.
- Black Shadow - Antagonist in F-Zero (he's been mentioned in each game, even the first, at least once somewhere) and rival for CAPTAIN FALCON. *gasp* I know, it makes TOO MUCH SENSE. (Idiots)

- Sukapon - Japanese only fighting game Joy Mech Fighting (loose translation) made by Nintendo, the main character from it.Check this out if you want more info, it helps.
- Mr. Game & Watch - *forehead smack* :urg:
- Takamaru - Some Samurai from some Japanese only game. Here's some info if you need it. I can understand if you don't know him.
- Ray 01 - He is from the Custom Robo series. Haven't heard of him? I can understand, I generally avoid this series myself. Chew on this for a bit if you want to know.
(was thinking of going for yellow on this one, then I changed my mind because I'm a jerk)- Andy - From Advanced Wars for both the DS and Gameboy Advanced. TWO GAMES. TWO POPULAR AND SUCCESS GAMES FROM A VERY SUCCESSFUL SERIES IN BOTH THE STATES AND IN JAPAN. HMMMMMMMMM...
- Mii (Looks like your Mii! Weight and size differ, but attacks are always same) - Look at the one new channel that came out for the Wii where you can see a bunch of Mii's. Be afraid now. :urg:

Saying too many from one series is making this list false is kind of a stupid thing to say. It's like saying that obscure wtf characters make Melee's nightmare roster false.

I don't give two licks of an "Oh Snap!" if this is true or not (I really doubt this roster is true, where's the source?!), but know your Nintendo characters, they are easy to remember. :/

I'm so getting uber flamed for this. :laugh:

tl;dr/tl;dc: You don't have to be a Gaming Guru, but having a general idea of games helps, especially if you are looking for one to play.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
- Luigi
- Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario (Changes like Zelda in SSBM)
- Baby Mario & Luigi
- Geno
- Young Link (Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass version, is not a clone of default Link)
- Wolf Link & Midna- Ganondorf (Has own moveset, is not a clone)
- Shiek (Seperate character from Zelda)
- Vaati- Mewtwo
- Pokemon Rival (Turtwig, Croconaw and Blaziken)
- Lucario- Jigglypuff
- Zero Suit Samus (Unlocked to be selected apart from Samus)
- Ridley
- Falco (Has own moveset, is not a clone)
- Krystal
- Ness (Has own moveset, is not a clone)
- Animal Crosser- Marth
- Roy
- K.Rool
- Black Shadow- Sukapon
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Takamaru
- Ray 01
- Andy
- Mii (Looks like your Mii! Weight and size differ, but attacks are always same)

Wow...so full of fail... Though I can understand Animal Crosser.. but the babies are just ... no...

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I wish this was real.
I LOVE this roster. The amount of Zelda characters, Ridley, Sheik separate from Zelda makes me happy.

volbound1700

Smash Master
This is the closest leak to real that I have seen... I am still not 100% sure but some of the stuff people are saying are wrong are what to me make it right.

Snake and Sonic not starters? Well Sakurai put them on Dojo and everyone knows they will be in game, he could have changed his mind about them being unlockable.

Baby Mario/Luigi? We don't think much of them over here but Japan does

A lot of wtf characters? yeah makes sense, Melee had them

Miis? I think Miis make it. I think they follow the pattern of MaSatoG where they all have same moves and stats but you can upload your Mii design.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
The official CoroCoro cards are listing Zelda's down-B as her transformation. Since this lists Shiek as a seperate character, I'm going to have to go with "debunked".

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The official CoroCoro cards are listing Zelda's down-B as her transformation. Since this lists Shiek as a seperate character, I'm going to have to go with "debunked".
Technically, there is no proof Twilight transformation is shiek

volbound1700

Smash Master
Then it is deconfirmed.

However if Bowser Jr. makes it, wouldn't be suprised if he could transform to Shadow Mario.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Technically, there is no proof Twilight transformation is shiek
Very much true. It simply says "twilight transform/ change". As of now we still have no confirmation of Sheik being the out come.

I still think this list is a fake but this doesn't "confirm" it.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
This would be a nice list... If it were true.
The Rival Trainer seems to be a bit sketch. It rings of unoriginal and wishful thinking.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Meh, this list is too perfect to be totally accurate (unless you were really anticipating Megaman, I guess). It would be sweet if there were this many playable characters, though, especially if they're not complete clones!

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
I guarantee there will be quite a few more "leaks" from 2ch if it lives up to its reputation.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I was expecting another 3rd party character. But HECK. I would be pretty ecstatic about that list. I think it's fake though. And no Isaac. :(

But Vaati!? Wow... I never really thought he could be in it. Thinks like that are what make me skeptical...

EDIT: More secret characters than normal characters, don't believe it.

It'd be nice though :p

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I believe that the Google translation was "Twilight Change (Original Twilight Sheik Transformation)." Some people mistranslated this as "seek" instead of "Sheik," but "seek" was written in kana as シーク (SHIIKU), otherwise known as Sheik. So yeah, disconfirmed. Let this horrible rumor die! Even Serebii said it was fake.

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
It would be a great roster, but I highly doubt that there would be that many characters in Brawl. 50+ is just a bit insane.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Good riddance to this horrible roster. The only thing that made it bearable was Takamaru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom