• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Direct Leak from 2 Channel (Spoilers) [ANOTHER FAKE?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Lecto's got a point, that roster is almost as big as Melee's final. If this game is meant to bring in newcomers, don't you think that a 20+ starting roster is a bit overwhelming?

And I guess Serebii is the topic of discussion right now. Obviously we won't know if he's full of it or not till the game comes out, but to keep it up this close to release, well that's just asking for trouble. Serebii I don't know if your stuff is legit or not, but even if it isn't, it's been the most logical stuff I've seen as far as rumors go. And if nothing else, the blog is certainly a fun read.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Oh Reyairia, ye of little faith.

If you're going to play the "I was being the Devil's Advocate, haha jk guyz lol!" card, then you should at least make sense when you are being the DA.

Oh, and I love the "Its the internet, calm down angry man!" card too. Why do you assume I'm angry? I was only being 'rude' to you because it was warranted.

Anyway, you wouldn't know this, but I've actually liked some of your posts in the past. Don't go screwing that up now.

You contradict yourself on other points too, but I won't bother to raise them.
I'm not "just kidding." I'm putting up the points of someone who isn't myself. It doesn't make them any less valid than mine or anyone else's. If I were trolling (which sometimes I kind of do) I'd be jumping faster to the general insult and DAing more extreme opinions.

Well, if you're being rude I'm going to naturally assume that you're angry. Or are you rude for absolutely no reason, when it is unwarranted?

I don't believe in contradictions.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
The roster is VERY farfetched. But lets not forget Melee's roster. Dr. Mario? Roy? Pichu?! Thats just something to keep in mind.
Yeah, I know. It just seems like this list is largely unbalanced when it comes to reps. 3 Links, Zelda, Sheik, Ganon, AND Vaati? Not saying it wouldn't be cool; just very unlikely.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
I'm not "just kidding." I'm putting up the points of someone who isn't myself. It doesn't make them any less valid than mine or anyone else's. If I were trolling (which sometimes I kind of do) I'd be jumping faster to the general insult and DAing more extreme opinions.

Well, if you're being rude I'm going to naturally assume that you're angry. Or are you rude for absolutely no reason, when it is unwarranted?

I don't believe in contradictions.
You're silly Rey. My opinion of you is dropping fast. I doubt you care, but hey, its good to know, right?

I think you just hide behind your whole DA act so you can't be blamed for being wrong/stupid/********. If you end up right, then "Hey that was my brilliant idea!", and if you're wrong, then "Well that was just someone's opinion that isn't myself, I was being the DA.". Its a pretty clever win-win situation you got going there, but its weak. Whatever, you keep on doin' what you do.

I'm being rude because you're being dumb. Simple enough.

And how can you not believe in something that exists? If you don't believe in something that you're doing, i.e., contradicting yourself, doesn't that make you ignorant?

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
yeah thats true but i think you start of as sonic i mean hes already in the demo
Yeah. Despite what Sakurai might have said a year or so ago, I think Sonic will be playable from the start too. Think about it. The way Nintendo is trying to "bring in new players", he would have to be a starter. Those players will be expecting the blue blur from the start.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
Concerning the argument that 'third party characters are confirmed as unlockables':

Fair enough, I remember that quote from Sakurai. However, do bear in mind that was before the delay, and before the quote saying that there would be more characters than we could imagine.

Bottom line is: things may have changed.

My reasoning is that if the delay allowed them to add more characters, Sakurai may have decided to push Snake and Sonic to being starters, since they're already announced, and therefore letting the newer characters take unlockable spots and therefore increasing the mystery and suprise.

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Lecto's got a point, that roster is almost as big as Melee's final. If this game is meant to bring in newcomers, don't you think that a 20+ starting roster is a bit overwhelming?

And I guess Serebii is the topic of discussion right now. Obviously we won't know if he's full of it or not till the game comes out, but to keep it up this close to release, well that's just asking for trouble. Serebii I don't know if your stuff is legit or not, but even if it isn't, it's been the most logical stuff I've seen as far as rumors go. And if nothing else, the blog is certainly a fun read.
YAY, someone knows how to play this game, anyone who's on these boards to actually find something out, just go ahaid and shoot yourself.
okay, maybe that's a little dramatic, but seriously, this is a GAME we're talking about, you guys are fighting as if it was your girlfriend you just discovered you were sharing, c'mon!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
You're silly Rey. My opinion of you is dropping fast. I doubt you care, but hey, its good to know, right?

I think you just hide behind your whole DA act so you can't be blamed for being wrong/stupid/********. If you end up right, then "Hey that was my brilliant idea!", and if you're wrong, then "Well that was just someone's opinion that isn't myself, I was being the DA.". Its a pretty clever win-win situation you got going there, but its weak. Whatever, you keep on doin' what you do.

I'm being rude because you're being dumb. Simple enough.

And how can you not believe in something that exists? If you don't believe in something that you're doing, i.e., contradicting yourself, doesn't that make you ignorant?
You're smart there, and that may be the case a lot of people do, but that's not why I do it.
The reason I DA is because I'm a troll, and I need an opinion of my own; Case is, I only have one real opinion and if I want to discuss I need one, so I just go to the one with lesser players.
It's also cause of several chain reactions due to childhood experiences, and I can't help but feel like I need to take someone under my wing because I know that in several occasions myself I've been in that position and I know how bad it feels to be antagonized and targetted just cause of difference and being a minority.
Trust me, if everyone here was defending serebii and attacking you, I'd be helping you. In fact, I agree with you on several points.

How am I being dumb? By knowing that people like Serebii exist and know that his intentions might not be bad? Seriously, the guy is probably constantly pressured to say something about the game and when he does everyone does a jump on him. Serebii is probably just trying to be somewhere in between to make everyone happy and not risking his neck.
I mean, a lie detector is pretty handy in the real world, you can't deny that.

The way I say reality works is a little different than what most people think it works - it's a messy chaos with lots of loopholes. But that's just philosophy and I don't want to get into that.

Blame my slight autism if you want, but I'm just being myself and that's just how I work.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
I still think it's fake, though. Baby Mario & Luigi? Pokémon Rival? Going for the original characters, I see.
Black Shadow over Samurai Goroh?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
this is so obviously fake, but i wouldn't be pissed if that were the roster. ridley, mii, pichu cut, my only problem is the baby bros

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
You're smart there, and that may be the case a lot of people do, but that's not why I do it.
The reason I DA is because I'm a troll, and I need an opinion of my own; Case is, I only have one real opinion and if I want to discuss I need one, so I just go to the one with lesser players.
It's also cause of several chain reactions due to childhood experiences, and I can't help but feel like I need to take someone under my wing because I know that in several occasions myself I've been in that position and I know how bad it feels to be antagonized and targetted just cause of difference and being a minority.
Trust me, if everyone here was defending serebii and attacking you, I'd be helping you.

How am I being dumb? By knowing that people like Serebii exist and know that his intentions might not be bad? Seriously, the guy is probably constantly pressured to say something about the game and when he does everyone does a jump on him. Serebii is probably just trying to be somewhere in between to make everyone happy and not risking his neck.
I mean, a lie detector is pretty handy in the real world, you can't deny that.

The way I say reality works is a little different than what most people think it works. But that's just philosophy and I don't want to get into that.

Blame my slight autism if you want, but I'm just being myself and that's just how I work.
So.... basically you have your own personal hangups that you're gonna use to excuse yourself and your actions? Alright, whatever, I can accept that. I dunno what you've been through and whatnot, so I can't accuse you of lying.

I just think Serebii is being pretty ********. I won't bother to explain it again.

It doesn't really matter if you say reality works the way YOU say it does, because reality works the way IT says it does. Sorry, you can't get around that. If you say something in one post, and then say something that differs from the first point in another post, that's a contradiction. No if's, and's, or but's about it.

I dunno man (or, woman?), but I'm done with this discussion. Fun talkin' to ya!

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
I love how serious people are getting over information we're going to have in fourteen days.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
So.... basically you have your own personal hangups that you're gonna use to excuse yourself and your actions? Alright, whatever, I can accept that. I dunno what you've been through and whatnot, so I can't accuse you of lying.

I just think Serebii is being pretty ********. I won't bother to explain it again.

It doesn't really matter if you say reality works the way YOU say it does, because reality works the way IT says it does. Sorry, you can't get around that. If you say something in one post, and then say something that differs from the first point in another post, that's a contradiction. No if's, and's, or but's about it.

I dunno man (or, woman?), but I'm done with this discussion. Fun talkin' to ya!
No, it's not. But it gives me a more... clean reason to DA, other than just covering my ***.

I think you're letting yourself be too bothered by it. If he really is being ******** then just leave him alone.

Who are you to tell me about how reality works? I've seen these loopholes and I've proven to many people they exist. What is fact and reality but assumptions accepted by the majority? How many times have we found geniuses in the past and at first dismissed them as insane because they thought on what was considered impossible? To have a different sense of reality than the general populace?
Reality is not just a square image, for me it's a tangled piece of string in which everything is connected.

I'm female. P:
And now I need tog et to class.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
No, it's not. But it gives me a more... clean reason to DA, other than just covering my ***.

I think you're letting yourself be too bothered by it. If he really is being ******** then just leave him alone.

Who are you to tell me about how reality works? I've seen these loopholes and I've proven to many people they exist. What is fact and reality but assumptions accepted by the majority? How many times have we found geniuses in the past and at first dismissed them as insane because they thought on what was considered impossible? To have a different sense of reality than the general populace?
Reality is not just a square image, for me it's a tangled piece of string in which everything is connected.

I'm female. P:
And now I need tog et to class.
I think you're confusing "reality" with "perception".

Reality is what exists, what is truth. This is what I'm talking about.

Perception is how we individually understand reality. This is what you're talking about.

Hopefully that clears things up for ya. And maybe you'll read this sometime in the future, since you're gone now...

Also,
I'm female. P:
Ah, that explains everything! Lol jk.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
am i the only one getting sick of the arrgument in the background?
To be fair, we were talking before you guys, so you're in OUR background. :)

But then again, we're kinda off-topic... oh well, its over anyway.

Enjoy your thread of falsehoods and make-believe, among a sea of worthless topics!

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
am i the only one getting sick of the arrgument in the background?
What do you expect the thread to be then?
"Hey I like this roster, it'd be cool if that was in."
"Indeed."
"Agreed."
"Yeah, I agree."
etc.

This is a discussion forum, so if you don't like arguments, leave ;)

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
No i am too i mean its like so extra cant you gays just send private messages to each other or something in stead of making it a public affair
Seriously. It is getting really annoying. I start reading your posts and then realize that you guys are still going on and on.

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
It's a sexy list (bar the fact that it lacks any sign of Isaac, and Dark Samus to a lesser extent), I wonder why, though, they opted to have the Pokemon Rival have Pokemon from different generations when the Pokemon Trainer has Pokemon from just the origional generation. I would be extremely happy if that roster was right though. Ridley FTW!

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
It's a sexy list (bar the fact that it lacks any sign of Isaac, and Dark Samus to a lesser extent), I wonder why, though, they opted to have the Pokemon Rival have Pokemon from different generations when the Pokemon Trainer has Pokemon from just the origional generation. I would be extremely happy if that roster was right though. Ridley FTW!
Dark samus is confirmed as a costume for samus, FYI

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Lecto, you're my new friend :)
just as a note to the maybe one person who cares... sorry...
that argument was uneeded but. im not saying that we shouldall agree on the same thing but that one was to into it as if someone gunned down all their mommas or something. i understand a little disagreement but.....seriously man that was pathetic

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
That roster is totally incredible. Not in the awe inspiring sense, but it just looks silly. There's hardly enough space on a proprietary Wii disc to fit the insane amount of extras this game boasts, let alone 54 individual characters with original movesets, Final Smash animations/cutscenes, Subspace Emissary plot lines etc.

Just..

No.

-SynikaL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom