• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Din's Fire hurts monkey!

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
Cedar Hill, Texas and Hawkins, Texas (college)
So I got this friend who I play smash with. And he likes to play campy. All the time. He picks a range character and will camp and force you to approach so hard. Most of his characters I can get around and approach him successfully: Snake, Pit, Samus, Kirby (different kind of camp). However I can't seem to do crap against his Zelda. He Din fire spams when I'm far away and he'll just naryu love when i get in range for a melee attack. So I don't know of a good way to approach and successfully attack.

The only thing I've been able do to get close to him is out mind-game him hard core. And once I get into melee range and stay there then I can pretty much **** him with single/dual nanner lock combos to finishers. But getting to that point is like pushing a boulder uphill. I'd love any help against this matchup.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
side b, peanut to bait reflector, banana to punish the ending lag, and if he plays an arial zelda, then punish when he lands and or punish during the jump. its a hard match for sure but its totally winnable. patience is key.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
well from the way you describe him he sounds like a noob -.-
i dont know much about diddy but speaking generally weave in and out with airdodges and spaced arials, try to be unpredictable. something i would try in that situation is jumping over her, mid reflector, and throw down a banana following up with a d-air.

hope this helped :)

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Running perfect shields are too good in this game.

EDIT: Okay, we really need to get individual match-up discussion threads up, stat. This is getting a tad silly.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
The primary problem with the current match-up discussion thread is that people are often not willing to search through hundreds of pages of discussion in order to find the information we need. People also feel less compelled to participate. Individual match-up threads will usually keep discussion more focused, and will probably encourage more participation.

I'll talk to Vyse about it tonight.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Din's Fire shouldn't be hitting you too much. Just run and shield or jump and airdodge. Watch Zelda if you're getting confused on when it'll blow up (she stops the channeling position and waves her hand in front of her to detonate it).

Naryu's Love (neutral B) is very unsafe on block. So just run up and block if that's really how he stops you.

Zelda is very vulnerable to bananas since she typically relies on long duration smash attacks to keep people at bay. Just get to midrange with a banana and bait a smash, Din's, or Naryu's and punish it.

Jski

Smash Apprentice
Not at all on topics i know but it must be said that monkeys should not play with fire or they will be burnt!

bobson

Smash Lord
Din's Fire has crap priority. Ever aerial except bair will beat it.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Totally not my board at all. I just came in to see what the title was for.
Le ThieN if vyse allows that which he should because he's a cool moderater, then link all the discussion thread to the OP of the massive match-up thread, and sorry to say way less people will wnat to help the individual match-ups because of all the stuff they already posted about it in the larger match up guide.

you-ll get a lot of "read my stuff I psoted before!"

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've seen how it's been done in other sub-forums and I think it's a good idea. That is, having threads link to one main thread, each of those linked threads being a discussion for a character.

I think Le_THieN and I should start making a few a week, and linking them to the sticky. At least, that would be better than starting 30+ threads at once lol, then lock the stickied thread they are connected to.

But this is Le_THieN's house, not mine. You gotta have a lot of monkey balls to mosey on in on another monkey's territory. Up to you what you want to do ;)

EDIT:

The title reads like a Newspaper title.

Din's Fire Hurts Monkey
- Roasted nuts are on the menu

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
you-ll get a lot of "read my stuff I psoted before!"
Then I recommend encouraging copypasta if the matchup hasn't changed much or warning/booting users who make posts like this. I've been hoping for individual matchup thread for a long time (heck, I've been wanting to see the Diddy forums revamped for a long time... but that's another story); they really help organize things in the other forums and stop all the "omg help me against x character" threads that have been popping up (along with all the "omg I just got back from a tournament here's my vids lololol" threads).

As for Din's Fire... Running perfect shields will let you approach, and you just need to time the airdodge. Zelda has too much lag to punish the airdodge/perfect sheild, so you're pretty safe to do anything after that.

And lulz/agreement at newspaper headline notion

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
Cedar Hill, Texas and Hawkins, Texas (college)
Thanks for all the help and yeah running perfect shields are god. Just never really thought about it. And I DID actually look at the current match up topic but there's like...1 page worth of information about zelda match up. So I figured making a topic would get some more current and useful information. And I wholly support the idea of new match up threads. Especially since the current/old one is...well...Old.

Top Bottom