• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Din Peregrine, a SSBB Falco Guide [Updated: 10/16/09]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I think you should separate them between General and Falco-specific terms.
Good idea, I'll do that.

How outdated is that list of stages? The reason being, we could go by this list when looking to counter pick stages. We would still want to counter pick a stage that Falco will be good at, but also picking one that would give a disadvantage to the opponents. We could counter pick Jungle Japes for Snake, as its one of our best stages and his worst. But if this stage list is outdated, then we would need to update it.

As far as the image for the match ups, kudos to the one(s) who created it. However, with this being Falco specific, I would want something similar to what is on our Falco MU guide right now, and to go through each character.

I think that the information in the MU thread is too great for us to reproduce in our guide for the time being. That will be another project.

List of ATs that I can think of for vids:

DACUS
RAR
Buffered DACUS
Gatlin Combo
Pivot Grabs
Chain Grab
IAP*
Shortened Illusion*

*= I'll add these to the term list

I would think the best, and somewhat time consuming, would be a quick tutorial (like a 60 second vid) on how to do the AT. If you have the ability, a vid of your hands executing the buttons to add to the vid would be incredible. There are vids out there that we could use if we didn't want to re-create them.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
That thread is pretty meaningless. It's just numbers. The entire thing is pretty old and not even half way done, and we've been working at it since 2009. Someone really needs to take that over.

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
Yes, we do have a sad clump of match-up information. That doesn't mean that Zonderion needs to be the one to fix that. We have already established that Zonderion's responsibilities lie in "structuring the guide and making it easier to understand and be accessible to the community".

If you're this concerned with the match-up section (as we all should be), then do something productive about it. In another thread recently, I suggested something along the lines of creating a group in the FBR for experienced Falco players to discuss which Falco player(s) know and play each match-up the best. Once we come to an agreement on that, we simply choose a suitable person to seek out and 'interview' those players about how to approach the match-up. We can then sift through the interviews and formulate a comprehensive match-up guide.

There is no reason -DR3W- can't create that group and start trying to get people to join and give input. Hop to it someone, -DR3W- isn't the only one who can take action, just make sure we don't end up with 5 groups doing the same thing independently.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Yes, we do have a sad clump of match-up information. That doesn't mean that Zonderion needs to be the one to fix that. We have already established that Zonderion's responsibilities lie in "structuring the guide and making it easier to understand and be accessible to the community".

If you're this concerned with the match-up section (as we all should be), then do something productive about it. In another thread recently, I suggested something along the lines of creating a group in the FBR for experienced Falco players to discuss which Falco player(s) know and play each match-up the best. Once we come to an agreement on that, we simply choose a suitable person to seek out and 'interview' those players about how to approach the match-up. We can then sift through the interviews and formulate a comprehensive match-up guide.

There is no reason -DR3W- can't create that group and start trying to get people to join and give input. Hop to it someone, -DR3W- isn't the only one who can take action, just make sure we don't end up with 5 groups doing the same thing independently.
Great idea, I know that MARLX has a group called All Falco, but I don't know how active he is in inviting people. I know he wants to be, but we need someone who is able to be proactive in getting things started, and finished. I'm getting close to being finished with the first rough draft of the guide. I'll post it soon, and then we can critique it, make changes, or start over.

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
All right guys, I'm finished with the first draft, want me to post it in a new thread?
If you want to go ahead and post it up as a new thread, by all means do so. Be sure to snag the 2-5th posts as well for potential expansion of the guide. That being said, since it is a work in progress, if you'd like to post it here so the few of us who have been participating can offer input etc, that'd be fine too. New guides can get lots of undeserving flak if they aren't 'perfect'.

Another (and my favorite) option is just sending it to me in a PM, then I'll start a group discussion for the guide in the FBR. I've already requested for you to be invited to the FBR so you can continue to manage the structure and help benefit the Falco community in general. I like this option more as well because I swear guides get too much random spam that makes pertinent content/discussion very inaccessible. Then we can release updates to the public as the guide's sections all come together.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I'll send it to you Enoch. I'm doing some proof reading right now, and I'll send it as soon as I'm finished. Thanks for the invite to the FBR. I hope this guide will live up to what we need.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I got a copy, and responded my thoughts and such. Post it when you're ready, Zonderion.

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe we are posting it here yet. We were starting with a thread within a group in the FBR where edits, additions, and the like can be discussed before releasing updates to a Falco boards edition. And since we are still missing some pretty essential parts, I think we've got plenty to discuss. On that note, if anyone can get in contact with Keitaro, it'd be nice to get Zonderion into the FBR so waves can get rolling.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I don't believe we are posting it here yet. We were starting with a thread within a group in the FBR where edits, additions, and the like can be discussed before releasing updates to a Falco boards edition. And since we are still missing some pretty essential parts, I think we've got plenty to discuss. On that note, if anyone can get in contact with Keitaro, it'd be nice to get Zonderion into the FBR so waves can get rolling.
Well I'd like to see what other people have to say in relation to my response...
I think it should be for the entire community to respond to and critique.

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
Well I'd like to see what other people have to say in relation to my response...
I think it should be for the entire community to respond to and critique.
What we're suggesting isn't to exclude the community, but to structure their input and the use of that input. 5 or 6 people reviewing community comments and suggestions can better represent that community than 500 screaming, floundering, spamming children.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
What we're suggesting isn't to exclude the community, but to structure their input and the use of that input. 5 or 6 people reviewing community comments and suggestions can better represent that community than 500 screaming, floundering, spamming children.
loooool that's all we have on the board anyway.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
The guide needs to be as complete as possible. One person writing the guide isn't going to get it that done. 500 people throwing out their own personal agendas for what they want to see in the guide is not going to work either. There's needs to be a set amount of people, who have the criteria, to make the necessary changes to the guide.

100th Post. Joy.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
The guide needs to be as complete as possible. One person writing the guide isn't going to get it that done. 500 people throwing out their own personal agendas for what they want to see in the guide is not going to work either. There's needs to be a set amount of people, who have the criteria, to make the necessary changes to the guide.

100th Post. Joy.
Gah why does everything have to be so complicated? -.-

You should just post it, accept the community's input, and have your set group of people to determine what information is legitimate and should be added to the guide.

But I doubt you will do that, so carry on. I want to see it soon, though.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Mods could sit here all day and infract useless bull**** but can't lock a thread in 24+ hours.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Mods could sit here all day and infract useless bull**** but can't lock a thread in 24+ hours.
Mods have lives

That said, I could've locked it yesterday but didn't think about it at the time because all my attention was on the new guide :p

Enochuout if you want this unlocked just send me a VM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom