• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME 7 Results 1/11

Nike.

Smash Hero
Yea srsly, try running a 50-60 person tourney and then 85 ppl sign up. And have it done by 10pm.

This is probably the funnest monthly I've ever attended. Thank you for hosting this Gabe. We'll try and get two carpools from San Antonio next time!

Shutouts later.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Gabe: Thanks for hosting this. What a crazy turnout, and props on getting things organized at your place. Playing at the house was more fun lol. Hope I can make it to the next one.

1: ARC - Great job in tourney even though you were sick. Thanks so much for driving up, I had a great time hanging out with you this weekend.

2: Mojo - Thanks for teaming with me Oscar, I felt like we could have won it all. Was fun hanging out with you too. Your fox is so dope.

3: Gloomstick - You were a really chill guy and your falco had tight pressure. Those friendlies were really fun.

4: Mew - I hoped you would go falcon instead of Marth in our bracket set lol.

5: Penguin - gg in bracket your falco kinda styled on me

5: Admiral! - I've still never played you lol

7: yung pout - I think we had a couple fun friendlies before we had to start pools

7: JF - keep putting in work, and you're gonna be in top 3 every time. Always a pleasure being around you.

9: Thoraxe - I was kinda salty losing to you in pools lol. We had fun friendlies on green greens though!

9: Sizzle - don't choke in teams

9: PK Thunder - Dude I have so much fun playing you. You have gotten really good in the past few months. Hope to see you in SA soon.

9: Lunchables - Nice marth, I liked your platform game

13: Hamyojo - I'm one of the random people with yoshi experience lol. You had some sick combos

13: King - We have crazy close games and this time was no different. I hope we can MM next time.

13: Nike - I think I heard it was your birthday, so happy bday man!

17: Rich - gg in bracket

17: Zhea - Always a pleasure to see you and play with you. Falcon/Fox is so fun lol

17: Humbone - Your fox is pretty good man. I had a lot of fun playing you, and you have a lot of potential. Just keep playing as much as you can.

17: Jesi - the new homie and host with the most. Thanks so much for housing us. Your dogs were great and you went above and beyond letting us crash for a few days.

Quote - The fox dittos were really fun. Keep it up man. You had good tech skill, just keep working on your punish game.

Bluezaft - Was crazy to see you again, this time in Texas. You guys got us in teams.

To anyone I missed: It was nice to meet you. For the first time in Dallas, this was a really fun tourney, and there's a lot of chill people here.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
ARC: You took my marbles and I'm not happy. you'd better believe that I'm gonna take dat ***. next time we play, get the lube ready. on a serious note: you were sick and you still pulled it out in winners finals. I'm so happy for you man, mad respect.
Mojo: I told you that I was coming for you once I got warmed up. I'm ready for that falcon and every other character you wanna throw at me. good **** against ARC. I was cheering for whoever had the most style and I couldn't make up my mind who had more style. every time you two touched each other, you went all the way off. GGs
MimicMew: That 2 game comeback in pools. we duked it out to see who would get first seed and I ended up winning. Falcon is my most practiced matchup, so I HAD to pull something off for the sake of my PRYD!! GGs mad respect for that marth in bracket though.

Shoutouts to Jesi for terrifying me in bracket.
shoutouts to zhea for that semi hype pools set.
shoutouts to nike for having a birthday same day as the tourney.
shoutouts to king for destroying spacies.
shoutouts the flavor for picking up a completely new character and then 2-0'ing everybody in his pool.
shoutouts to MT for making my life easier by not being there to whoop me.
shoutouts to subway because mojo was eating fresh.
shoutouts to Sizzle for the legit fox practice.
shoutouts to the floor for once again being supportive of me.
shoutouts to gabe's carpet for being soft enough to sleep on.
shoutouts to gabe's dad for calling SA a bunch of hooligans. he had every right to come out of his room and tell everyone to STFU that night but he didn't.
shoutouts to mojo for trach talking me.
shoutouts to JF for taking my ice cream.
shoutouts to ARC for taking my marbles and my money and my booty.
shoutouts to the falco player from my pool (#7) that was putting in work on everyone in the pool other than Mew and myself.
shoutouts to the bunnies that were in gabe's neighborhood that kept telling me to do a barrel roll.
shoutouts to chain ace for viewing this thread.
shoutouts to D1 for this shoutout format.

Last edited:

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
shoutouts to the falco player from my pool (#7) that was putting in work on everyone in the pool other than Mew and myself.
Thanks for giving me some tips on counterpicks and matchups man. Next time we Falco ditto I promise I'll have stepped up my game. Btw, do you remember what I pulled off to kill you on Yoshi's that one time? It was like a waveland reverse back air edgeguard off the platform or something smooth like that. I felt so cool for a few seconds until you started spanking me again lol GG's though!

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
It sounds like quite a tournament I missed. Hopefully I can make it to the next one and not be forced to choose!

Btw, have you considered submitting the tournament for the new smashboards' ranking system?

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to the players with tags on my memory card. :p Makes me so much more a real gamer. :3

Apologies to anyone who had Gamecube read error with my Melee disc. It's been used for ten and a half years now, but it's quite rare for it to give me any trouble at home. At least it didn't seem to be an issue once pools began.

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
Arc - It was great seeing you again! Sorry you were sick, man and I should have probably played you since you were here, and we haven't played since Kansas. I believed in you

Mojo - Oscar, you are a great smash player, and you're a chill dude as well. Look forward to many future games during which I hope you continue to straight up dumpster me. Hope to see you around soon brah.

Tai - Thanks for training with me.

Wil - It was cool getting to chat. Your shine out of shield is way more consistent than mine.

Admiral! - It was great to meet you and talk with you. Glad we got that chair situation figured out. Your ICs are scary

Poot - Thanks for teaming with me. Tears for years

jf- Great seeing you again man. I hope we end up seeing a lot more of you guys really soon.

Cameron - Thanks for everything

Sizzle - Dude it was great meeting you, and awesome playing someone of your caliber. Really sick stuff man.

King - Great playing and meeting you, man.

Nike - Great playing you too. Can't wait to see the vids online

Rich - That paralyze

Jesi - That juice

Jesse - Nice having you in pools

Tadeo - your pool matches were great to watch

Connor - Yeah I'm definitely down, man. am sure I'll be seeing you around soon!

Pinku - Enjoyed the matches, both tournament and friendly!

Gabe - Thanks for everything

Michael - thanks for making me stick around after. you really twisted my arm

Chris and Drew - always great seeing you sirs

Other Chris - You as well

Sorry I didn't do many friendlies. Was on a strict juice schedule

Go DFW Melee scene!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Overall, this was a fantastic tournament, probably the highlight of my weekend. I ****ing love this community.

One day though, I'll actually go to a tournament to win money. Soon...

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
dayum, still in shock we had so many entrants. It seems we are in the midst of a golden revival of Texas melee, thanks to all for coming out, especially the new blood and old veterans for bringing the money and hype respectively. if i missed you, my b i can't do 84 of these im not crazy.

1: ARC - your sickness was clearly a high level mind game, i'm glad to see such innovations in the meta-game, keep up the gewd work. it was a pleasure to talk and chill with ya from time to time as always, spend some of your winnings on some medicine, and mad props on not getting anyone else sick!

2: Mojo - Oscar you poon dog, our set left my balls so very blue, get your ass back up here so i can **** you up proper when i'm better and hopefully on your level. gg's homie, i can't wait to watch our set on youtube and count all of the chokes.

3: Gloomstick - David comin back strong after spending years mediating in the woods, your falco clearly did some damn fine work and i look forward to chillin and practicing with you in the future. i'm pretty sure i still owe both you and james some trees so to be continued.

4: Mew - YESS so much hometown pride in seein you walk away with a nice wad of cash. You definitely helped run this tournament and happened to be under the weather as well, so a huge thank you and congratulations are both in order. i'll look into buying a custom made cake of C. falcon punching a CS terrorist with a tennis racket in his other hand to commemorate this small dfw victory. message me about cake flavors later man, good stuff.

5: Penguin - Will i'm really glad the first tournament you kicked serious ass in so happened to be the biggest tournament in recent dfw history. Your falco was both super clean and filthy dirty i loved it. our teams matches reminded me why i love the doubles game so much because it's like playing small bursts of one on ones but suddenly i knee comes crashing into my enemy and we win, **** yeah! we had some good teamwork and im still really hyped to watch our set against Arc and JF (gg's)

5: Admiral! - Hannah i should've gotten the IC's practice while you were up here but there was just so many damn people to play and maybe im still a little scared of your blizzard grabs. Well played games from what i watched, i didn't know wobbling actually took a toll on the thumbs, but you fought through the pain up to 5th, and your set against David was pretty close, just got falco'd too hard (around 2:30 a.m.) Have fun up in Connecticut, please go tap the East coast smashers when they least expect it. oh and the Haunter Sprite still lives comfortably on my wall, thanks!

7: yung pout - James ma dude, don't sweat our bracket games, you played really well man, nothing was stolen, i drop late games like that alllllllllll the time, gg's, maybe i gotta play the character counter game against you next time (fair warning) i still owe u trees so i'll be seein you at the next smashfest or somethin.

7: JF - i'm always like "oh cool, Matt came up to style on us nerdz, i should play him soon!" then 10 hours later you suddenly leave me hanging like wow what's up with that? we will definitely get our friendlies in next time JF

9: Thoraxe - caution: chokes under pressure.

9: Sizzle - fun friendlies, sorry bout the jank pools games, im quite familiar with suicides as well, so i can relate to your disappointment. your fox is scary and different and i wish to see more of it in the future. our agreement still stands if we meet in bracket we face off on modded green greens.

9: Lunchables: really close, high level marf dittoes, it's funny how we we're both totally prepared to play the ol' character switcharoo game, but ended up straight marthin it out like gentlemen. Those were some good games Zach and im pretty sure your marth does a lot of things better than my marth does and a lil vice versa. hopefully next tournament we can manage to dodge each other for once! but still get some friendlies in of course.

9: PK thunder i liked your falco play, it's pretty similar to my own birdman and i enjoyed the few games we did play together, you seemed like a chill and funny dude so feel free to come on up again with the san An crew if you're up to the challenge :)

13: Hamyojo: ughhhh freest dollar i've ever given away, i mean you earned that scratch, but my fingers couldn't do win stuff at that point and my mind was not in a dinosaur killin mood. i will come back to reclaim that dollar so help my hamlin.

17: Rich - wait this is richie right? dude you placed pretty damn well for an 84 man shindig, mad props to you for being awesome and improving the dfw scene by accepting us smashers into your lovely home and gettinnn weeiiirirrrrrrd with us

17: Jesi - i was kind of hyped for your pool game and secretly hoping you would crush oscar, gratz! i still think mojo has to fork up all of his winnings to you if im correct about the rules ( i am)

17: Tadeo - You and Richie seriously take a huge role in keeping this scene active and maximizing our fun so you gotz my infinite gratitude for bein such a gratidude... good placing for a huge tournament keep on improving and bein the homie!

Karen: It was quite enjoyable taking a 10 minute break from smashing and chillin with you and Eli out back and what not, before we die early and filled with regrets let's win teams at some tournament and kill all of those who oppose our rule.

Elijah: new blood into the scene, you seem like a cool guy and pretty mature for your age, stick around son and i'll show ya the ropes (not my penis)

Ben: another fox arises from the seemingly barren grounds of highland park, you got the fingers for this game quote, you just need some experience and you'll be shinin like the pros in no time. see if you can make it down to one of the smashfests in the near future.

Last edited:

hamyojo

Smash Ace
13: Hamyojo: ughhhh freest dollar i've ever given away, i mean you earned that scratch, but my fingers couldn't do win stuff at that point and my mind was not in a dinosaur killin mood. i will come back to reclaim that dollar so help my hamlin.
That dollar was the one laying across my eye. It is my favorite. That dollar is now my lover.
It was only like 2:40 AM no johns perfect playing conditions.
(GGs and I'm sure you will!)

AustinRC

Smash Lord
SHOUT OUTS

First and foremost. Gabe, you did a fantastic job dealing with this tournament as a whole. I know you were not expecting 85 people to attend however you dealt with it like a ****ing champ and I cannot thank you enough for your amazing hospitality, patience, and perseverance while running this event. So much love and respect for you!

1: ARC: Shoutouts to the black plague that I'm still fighting off.

2: Mojo: Great sets man really. Greatest moment is when we sat down to play opened some beers and made a cheer. I don't think I'll ever forget that. As always, I'm looking forward to another grudge/ rematch.

3: Gloomstick: Dude we haven't played since Kansas, that's so crazy to think about! Been so freaking long man. I was doubting myself the entire day and everyone said Mojo was the favorite to win since I was sick. But you believed in me and I can't thank you enough for that man. <3 We should definitely play here soon!

4: Mew: Great set with you man! You hit me outta no where like a truck, I was certainly not expecting that. Keep up the hard work man! <3

5: Penguin: Your shoes carried my ill ass to GF's and beyond. #feelinglikebuzzlightyear

5: Admiral!: You have gotten so much better! Good job on taking a game from me and freaking me so bad that I switched my characters. I look forward to our next games.

7: yung pout: PootTheBox oh man, sorry I didn't recognize you there! Dude you give me wayyy too much credit, you totally had that game 2 in the bag haha. Was great getting to see you again man! :D

7: JF: Don't **** up in teams again! Other than that it was fun as always.

9: Thoraxe: Shoutouts to the cutest man I know! <3

9: Sizzle: Was an awesome trip! Thank you for keeping me entertained on the road and for the music! Also thanks for the new ipod!!!! :D

9: PK Thunder: I stole your marbles. Get at me son! In all seriousness you are improving very quickly and you now have a better mentality about the game,

9: Lunchables: Fun pools matches man! Keep working on that Marth mayne. Work on your movement first though!

13: Hamyojo: Sick Yoshi homie. Good stuff vs Admiral!

13: King: Was fun seeing you again! Thank you for the kind words.

13: Nike: I'm really glad you enjoyed Winners Finals. Also your comment "You guys are seriously playing for hundreds of dollars, just made a cheer and are drinking... REALLY?" Made me laugh my ass off. haha.

13: Goldrook: Don't quite remember if we met, I'm sure I would know you by name but your tag is unfamiliar :(

17: Rich: See above.

17: Zhea: Anytime you want baby, day or night, I willl butt destroy you.

17: Humbone: Not quite sure if we played :(

17: Jesi: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HOUSING US AGAIN! <3 Suki and Daigo are the best cuddlers! AWWWW YEAHHHHHHH.

17: The Flavor: Don't think we played :(

17: Tadeo: See above.

17: absolute Black: Thank you so much for your kind words my friend!

17: Pinku: Don't think we played :(

25: Xori: ^ same

25: Tag: ^ Ditto.

DrewZaft - Good **** on beating JF and I. It was awesome getting to see you both again, it's been way too long. Looking forward to seeing you both more here soon.

There were so many other people here that I haven't posted shoutouts to yet. I'll try and get around to it here soon. But for the people I left out thank you all and mad love!

Last edited:

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
7: yung pout: I'm not quite sure if we met or not yet, if we have then I didn't remember your tag and I'm sorry
yung pout = pootTheBox :D Boomstick and I are now sadboys
GJ poolmate! Nice to meet you and I look forward to seeing you around the scene, that is, if you are local (I think you told me you were) DFW Melee thread on FB?
Thanks bud, I definitely will. Any success I had was due to you hosting consistently and you putting in so many games with me when others were quick to jump to P:M.
TBH I only saw you win all day. Good **** mayne. Your place is my favorite for training and chilling these days. If you and your crew weren’t around I’m not sure how enthused I’d be about getting back in the scene <3
Yay adults! It’s always good to talk with you at these things. Thank you for still being active and doing more than your fair share of holding up the scene.
I dig your play style, wish you were closer so we could get more games in. Haha @ you thinking I was dickin’ around with you by playing Doc. I am going to have to pound some respect for Doc into you :D I very much appreciate you sharing the love. It was the best way to end an already grand, albeit tiring, evening. We should exchange contact info and stuff so I can return the favor
Only saw your Falcon from afar :/ Enjoyed talking to you. We’ll have to play next time. I plan on going through G Gundam again because of you
Boo to our unfortunate meeting in bracket. Thanks for holding it down at your place and putting in games with me. I rather enjoyed drinking and getting hype with you at Gabe’s. We exude excellence while cheerleading, we should do that more. See you soon bro
Pleasure to make your acquaintance. You are my hero for giving me so many warm-up matches before the bracket. We gotta tryhard next time we meet!
O Captain! My Captain! Thanks for being the responsible one and running our pool. You will have your vengeance, I am sure of it. You came off as a cool dude and I’m glad to have met you.
You lost when you switched from Yoshi after the first match. I definitely couldn’t have maintained if you stuck with him. It was a draining experience stealing that win from you.
Jeebus, slow down. Getting technical Fox friendlies was manna from heaven. I needed and enjoyed the games we played. Nice to meet you by the way.
Yet another one robbed :/ I was not expecting you to go Falco against me at all you trickster. Thanks for the near heart attack, power-up, and good company.
1st tournament to only have played one character. Oh how you have fallen
An intoxicated decrepit Doc who had just hardly survived two consecutive young predators and you wanna just go right in and finish me off. Thanks for showing initiative. I would have disappeared until I felt ready and there was no way I could have been this week haha
TO and entrant all while sickly <3 My favorite person by far <3 Thanks for all you do for the scene. Get better man
You should have listened to me and Rich and just played better. sadboys2004
Glad to link a personality to the myth. I definitely enjoyed watching you play. Thanks for coming
GJ on your performance! I was surprised you remembered this aging Herbivore. You are a chill dude and on behalf of Dallas we appreciate you coming periodically to take our monies. We are gunnin’ for you though!
I did the lazy OP copy paste thing, sorry. Things will come to mind and I'll update.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1: ARC :marthmelee::peachmelee: - I was hoping to maybe take game 1 in pools. Game 2 was a beat down :( I tried to slay Admiral/Hannah with marth but I couldn't take game 3 and I didn't want to cp characters cause I think my marth can do it ; ~ ;
2: Mojo :falconmelee::foxmelee::marthmelee: - I know we never got to play besides those doubles friendlies where we were trash talking or some **** but I'll probably ask to play at the next dime
4: Mew :marthmelee::falcomelee::foxmelee::falconmelee: - Holy **** tai, stop playing so many characters
5: Penguin :falcomelee::falconmelee: - I work on the falco matchup, I slightly beat your falco. Then I get **** on by falcon... I swear I'm good at this game :(
5: Admiral! :icsmelee: - I was so thirsty for that win!Probably the best/hardest set I played that day. I'm surprised I took a game 2 but for whatever reason I didn't feel my usual nervous breakdown shaking syndrome. I was really calm and relaxed.
7: JF :falcomelee::jigglypuffmelee::ganondorfmelee: - Hanging out with you was ****ing hilarious, you're so fun to talk to. We could've met in bracket 2 different times but I ****ed both of those up :(
9: Thoraxe :falcomelee::marthmelee: - You're definitely right about the switcheroo thing. I don't even think you have a main at this point, its just a lot of CPs. Definitely one of the closest sets I played today since it went to game 3 and it was a 1 stock every single game.
9: Sizzle :foxmelee::jigglypuffmelee: - I saw you rocking doubles with mojo, good stuff. Your fox is really good, I'm surprised you didn't make top 8. It's also pretty cool to see some guys from socal since its such an active scene and I've been interested in it.
9: Lunchables :marthmelee: - Top 8! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
13: Hamyojo :yoshimelee::foxmelee: - Stop getting better with a fraudulent character, YOU'RE SCARING ME PLEASE DON'T HURT ME
13: Goldrook :foxmelee::pikachumelee: - If you're having problems with your controller at the start of the game, it's fine for you to ask for a button check. You don't have to freak out, we understand and we're pretty chill about that kind of stuff :)
17: Zhea :falconmelee: - I kind of wanted to play some PM with you...
17: Jesi :falcomelee::peachmelee: - I didn't talk to you at all but it looks like you we're having a lot of fun
17: The Flavor :linkmelee: - Sorry I had to go falco, marth vs link is so stupid
17: absolute Black :marthmelee: - I swear it was like a 7 stock, no lie
25: Xori :falcomelee: - It's cool to see you in your first 2 melee tournaments make it out of pools! Also those pictures were sick, you're really helping us out :)
Wobbles: Oh my god I love you no homo. Best smasher ever.
Scotch: Try to be a bit less salty...?
Aliami: Reverse up b oos every day SON WHERES MY 5 DOLLARS
Gabe: Thanks for running this thing, kind of sad you don't enter yourself in ever. Being at your house was really ****ing fun though, this entire tournament was worth being ******* at when I got home (and nothing that bad even happened so thats a bonus)

This is probably to date the funnest smash tournament I've ever went to. The venue was pretty boring but by the time we got to gabes house, it got really ****ing hype. Bracket actually started, the living room during the first few hours was hype/hilarious, and I had some of the best sets I've played in a while. PM community why are you so boring sometimes

D

Deleted member

Oh no Zach, I'm not salty at all. I'm just saying I could have been more of a challenge to you in Pools, and I was apologizing.

Jesi

Smash Ace
1: ARC :marthmelee::peachmelee: - Hey Bro!! Always a pleasure to talk about old times and hang out. It's funny, but I never actually play games wiht you when you're over, however, next time I see you my Ibuki is gonna rain some pain down on your Makoto... just sayin' ;)
2: Mojo :falconmelee::foxmelee::marthmelee: -You're alright, I guess... ;) - Next time I see you I will use my expert falcon training to defeat you...hehe
3. Gloomstick :falcomelee: - That falco!!! Your set vs admiral made me happy (I was beaming w/ pride on your behalf lol) Falco FTW. :p
4: Mew :marthmelee::falcomelee::foxmelee::falconmelee: - Tai!! You're always such an awesome guy in person and in smash, I'm glad you're up here at the top!
5: Penguin :falcomelee::falconmelee: - We didn't get to play this time either, but great stuff getting 5th, continue to climb bro, and don't be afraid to crack a smile here and there. ;)
5: Admiral! :icsmelee: - Great stuff! The more women in the scene the better. :) I'm sorry we didn't get to chat very much or play any at all! :( Please come back to Dallas!! And next Dime take some money's with you, sooooo close.... :D
7: JF :falcomelee::jigglypuffmelee::ganondorfmelee: - Always an awesome bro, I didn't get to play you this tourney either!!
9: Thoraxe :falcomelee::marthmelee: - Hey dude!! Thanks for the vote of confidence in your shout out, we didn't get to play this time, but there are always smash fests!! See you around. :)
9: Sizzle :foxmelee::jigglypuffmelee: - New friends yay!! We didn't get to play much but it was fun, and thanks for hanging out and keeping me company in my car on some of the trips to and fro hehe.
9: PK Thunder :falcomelee: - Great matches in friendlies!! I kinda fizzled out in tourney, it was that wobbles meditation technique, made you too good hahahaha ;)
9: Lunchables :marthmelee: - Wow good stuff dude!! And yeah, I was having a ton of fun. haha
13: King :marthmelee:- Greaaaat matches, I had a lot of fun playing you, and yeah i'ts now Jesi's story, so you're gonna have to claim that back next time you're in town haha!
13: Hamyojo :yoshimelee::foxmelee: - We had some really fun friendlies, don't give up on that yoshi, so cute... heheehehe
17: Rich :sheikmelee: - Rich!! My homie, thanks for always being a great person to hang out w/ and look at us.. 17th buddies :p
17: Zhea :falconmelee: - Great matches! Good friendlies... and singing mulan together was awesome hahahah
17: The Flavor :linkmelee: - Ahhh dude we had some fuuuuuuuunnn matches. I think my favorite were Bowser vs DK, good stuff though, you are super fun to hang out with, come back to Dallas soon!!
25: Tag :foxmelee: - Great matches, they were close and fun as hell. I barely got to play any foxes this tourney so you playing you was super refreshing. Loved it!

BlueZaft: Thanks for coming out, you're always fun to hang out with!! :)
Dr. Drew: Always great to see you, keep comin' on out!
Wobbles: Miss you, come play smash soooon for funz :p

Gabe: Thanks for everything, wow at the turnout, how awesome is that? Dime is growing up haha. Thanks for letting everyone hang out in your house till the wee hours of the night/morning. I can't believe I'm going to move into your neighborhood... def gonna have to be some frequent smash fests hahaha!

Seriously though, smash scene, can we break out into more songs during tournaments? Impromptu singing of "I'll make a man out of you" from Mulan was totally the highlight of the tournament for me. lol

I HAD A BLAST AT THIS TOURNEY ^_______________^ <3

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure I started that mulan part in the living room
shoutouts to me for existing

AbsoluteBlack

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure it was a 5 stock Zach, exactly the same as the last Dime. I remember very distinctly going '**** he 5 stocked me 2 dimes in a row, I need to work a lot on the ditto.'

But whatever you have to tell yourself buddy<3

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Thanks for giving me some tips on counterpicks and matchups man. Next time we Falco ditto I promise I'll have stepped up my game. Btw, do you remember what I pulled off to kill you on Yoshi's that one time? It was like a waveland reverse back air edgeguard off the platform or something smooth like that. I felt so cool for a few seconds until you started spanking me again lol GG's though!
Anytime, man. I enjoy watching falco players play falco. I'm not sure if I remember the combo you were talking about since you did so many of them. Possibly that time on the right side of yoshi's when randall was there? I sort of remember a platform back air to kill but I don't really remember how it was done.
GGs man. til next time.

Shoutouts to the players with tags on my memory card. :p Makes me so much more a real gamer. :3

Apologies to anyone who had Gamecube read error with my Melee disc. It's been used for ten and a half years now, but it's quite rare for it to give me any trouble at home. At least it didn't seem to be an issue once pools began.
dude, the read error didn't give me any hard times. I was too busy having fun playing your marth with my falcon and doin rubik's to keep my fingers moving. btw your cube takes madd tech skill to use dude. speaking of rubik's, I left mine at the venue :facepalm:. Could someone keep it for me until I return to dallas, potentially for the next dime?

Edit: also Shoutouts to The Flavor for playing snoop's dreamland in the car ride back to SA. it's kinda been stuck in my head ever since.
another shoutout to The Flavor for taking a 2 hour nap in the back seat, waking up to tell me about the sunset, only to go back to sleep 15 seconds later and stay asleep for the rest of the ride.

Last edited:

The Fleyva

Smash Rookie
Ok so this was my first tournament in a LOOOOONG time, and it made me really want to get back into playing this game and helping the scene grow in terms of recognition. I was inspired by all of the awesome, down-to-earth people I met and look forward to seeing you guys again.

(In order of appearance in my memory banks)
(also, I tend to comment more on the people, not their characters, sorry lol)

GABE
Firstly, thank you this guy. Housing San Antonio was very generous of you and I know that we all appreciated it. It was hilarious seeing your dad wake up and call us all houligans before storming out of the door. Your whole family is cool, though, and I enjoyed playing pool after you left in the morning (teehee).
It was truly heartwarming seeing you go to sleep at around 4 the night before the tournament, and then rise within a few hours full of life was pleasing. One could feel the love you have for this game. This fact was reinforced by your decision to move the tournament to your house after hours of harrowing pressure from your boss and the unexpected turnout. You either have a seriously strong addiction or a love unmatched by anything in my life. I'll be looking to apply this kind of zeal in my graphic design.
THORAXE
Didn't get to talk or play with you much, but you seemed like a genuinely sarcastic guy.
GABE'S SISTER
I know she won't be reading this, but have to say that she is extremely intelligent and a pretty cool person, even if she doesn't understand the lives of smashers.
THIN MINT
You know what happened if you're reading this. Some fun matches and deep connections/conversations were made. Lord... I think you were the person that I befriended the most at this event. Can't wait to see you again.
SUICIDE BOMBER (THAT 12-YR-OLD THAT TOLD ME LINK SUCKED)
The fact that you chose Young Link and Link ditto'd me for almost an hour means you changed your mind about that. Funny kid, man.
TADEO
Dude, your optimism made my day, for real. I don't think I saw you do anything but smile, even when you played. We should play more next time.
JESI
Ahhhh, the fake Jesse! Just kidding, I'll let you be the TRUE JESSE, since you really want it! I read your post, no kidding about those fuuuuuuuunnn matches! I haven't laughed so hard playing smash with anyone... ever. OUR BOWSER/DK MATCHES = <3 It was like I was playing a funnier, cooler, prettier version of myself.
SCOTCH
I had an absolute blast listening to your stories, man. You seriously caught my attention with that one about how you were sweaty and shaking after a match with a calm and collected pro. Too funny! Also, hope I remember correctly, is your name Jadarien? I was trying to remember when I was talking to my girlfriend about you.
MOJO
EPIC, is all I can use to describe you. Bro, that subway sandwich made us friends. You are exactly like my favorite cousin, bro; funny, lovable, and a blast to be around. Your energy is intense, my friend. You told me something that you appreciated about me, and I never got to return the favor; the thing I appreciate about you is how you accept people like they were your family, you made me feel welcome by sharing some of your past experiences and treating me like a little brother, even though I'm almost sure I'm older than you. Also, it was an honor getting comboed by you and Thin Mint while Zachattack and others sung Mulan.
AUSTIN-RC
You're hilarious, you filthy animal. You have got some serious dedication to prevailing in this game. Forty-six hours a week? That's mother flipping insane! Keep it up, I'm sure we'll see you at the top when MLG picks up Melee this year (wink wink). Oh, and ****** parts.
JF
You're one of my favorite players man, thanks for playing some friendlies after you knocked me out of the tournament. There was more improvement in the handful of games we had than in the entire time I was there! Also, I know you asked me to play some more, but we never got to do that, so we'll pick that up when I see you next!
BOOMSTICK
Thanks for running our pool, mayne. And then proceeding to run train on my link. Lol
ZACHATTACK
You know! I liked you when we teamed on the big screen in the living room, until you knocked me into losers! Nah, I still think you're chill, keep up the good work. Also, no problem on going Falco, it's a learning experience I need.

I'm sure there's someone I missed, but being my first tournament in a minute, I was overwhelmed with all of the stimuli. Shower thoughts will remind me who I forgot and I apologize for forgetting ahead of time.

Finally, gotta give a shout out to my homies from San Antony, you guys accepted me immediately as one of your own and had encouraging words to fuel my drive while playing. Every one of you guys were awesome for several reasons.
NIKE
For driving to and from Dallas (10 hours), draining your tank and mileage. Appreciate it, man.
ZHEA
You are interesting as hell and I enjoyed the amazingly deep conversations we had on the way to Dallas that really opened my mind on how I think about game design. Appreciations were gained because of your talks.
PK THUNDER
Your passion and motivation inspires me to apply the same mentality to other aspects of my life. You're ahead of your years, my friend.
KING
You are one ***-****** cool cat. Your style has no equal; smooth and a killer, just like butter. If I am half as stylish as you, I'd be happy.
S.O.S.
You were here in spirit, my brother, we had a moment of silence in the car thinking about you. Because you couldn't make it, I could, and I thank you for that... it's rejuvenated my love for the game.

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When we teamed on the big screen in the living room, we were all laughing and having a really good time. It was pretty hype in there as well, I'm glad I got to meet you (even if I did falco you :()

Ok, I think its official. I actually have a drive to play melee again. I had been thinking it was time to throw in the towel and excel in PM, but this was a really amazing tourney for me. Gabe ily

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Actually Fleyva, my name is Dontiez. lol

And that kid that told you Link sucked, was SuicideBomber. He's ****ing hilarious.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
It seems we are in the midst of a golden revival of Texas melee
I REALLY hope this is true. Wait, it IS true. Has to be.

dude, the read error didn't give me any hard times. I was too busy having fun playing your marth with my falcon and doin rubik's to keep my fingers moving. btw your cube takes madd tech skill to use dude. speaking of rubik's, I left mine at the venue :facepalm:. Could someone keep it for me until I return to dallas, potentially for the next dime?
Thanks. And I liked playing your Falcon. I got the type of whopping that makes someone want to improve instead of rage quit. XD
And about your Rubik's Cube, I don't know what happened to it. I saw it before I left, and saw that you were gone. Tai/Mimic Mew had it at the time, but I don't know if he held onto it or what. Definitely come to future DIMEs if you can!

D

Deleted member

... That Rubiks cube was evil. It was the bane of all smashers, so Hamyojo and I threw out out his car window and onto my driveway (He most likely ran over it as well)
Rip in piece rubiks cube
no one loved you.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
... That Rubiks cube was evil. It was the bane of all smashers, so Hamyojo and I threw out out his car window and onto my driveway (He most likely ran over it as well)
Rip in piece rubiks cube
no one loved you.
It could not be solved, it was the Satan cube. It's the 10th circle of hell. I threw it out on the Zach's lawn at 3 AM. It probably ran off and began to expand.
Eugughhghghhgg

AustinRC

Smash Lord
AUSTIN-RC
You're hilarious, you filthy animal. You have got some serious dedication to prevailing in this game. Forty-six hours a week? That's mother flipping insane! Keep it up, I'm sure we'll see you at the top when MLG picks up Melee this year (wink wink). Oh, and ****** parts.
****** parts indeed! Also <3 you! However, I said four to six hours a day. Just want to keep things clear, hahaha! Fourty Six hours a week would be crazy but it's around 20 to 35.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Rip in piece rubiks cube
no one loved you.
It could not be solved, it was the Satan cube. It's the 10th circle of hell. I threw it out on the Zach's lawn at 3 AM. It probably ran off and began to expand.
Eugughhghghhgg
you guys aren't serious are you?? :(

Thin Mint

Smash Rookie
had to create a new account because of my tag change. that means you should all be afraid of my impending success, fame and fortune.

but really, still being newish it's hard for me to remember everyone's names/tags and match them with faces, so i have scrub johns i guess, but here are my wee humble shoutouts.

cam/thor: i'll be more than a worthy doubles partner by the time DIME 8 rolls around, so don't let anyone snatch you up before then. also the out-back sesh was quite appreciated.

jesse/flav: it was a great experience meeting you. thanks for everything again and for playing so many friendleez wit me.

EP/elijah: do you even use smashboards? in case ur there i really appreciated the rides to and fro, and i'm proud you made it out of pools!

jesi: you're always very kind to me, and you were really encouraging and helpful during that one set. even if i'm not quite there yet, you helped me a step further in playing despite my nervousness. i know peach dittos are hella boring but i'm sure we could figure something out if you wanted to do some friendlies next time!

wobbles/rob: holy God i wish i had worked up the courage earlier to talk with you because i wouldve loved some practice or advice, but meeting you was fabulous anyway you're so ****ing accomplished in the smash scene. congrats again on evo, and many thanks for approaching my shy self.

everyone in my pool: you guys were legit as **** it was a tough pool and i enjoyed the hell out of it. thanks everyone for playing me, and thank you for not sandbagging. A+

and gabe, of course i've said it before but i want to thank you again for everything you are doing to nourish the ole' scene and dealing with upsets over such a massive, long-running tournament. i hope it was worthwhile for you, because i had a great experience :)

Zhea

Smash Ace
Thin Mint! I couldn't think of your tag before. I just remembered the fast peach in my pool who hung out with Jesse, Arc and I. Keep up the work on the peach! Fast peaches are really fun to play.

Top Bottom