• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME 5 Results 11/9

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Doubles (21 Teams):
1: Roll it Out (JF and ARC) $126.00
2: Prepare to Die Edition (Sethlon and Disafter) $63.00
3: MewAxe (Thoraxe and MimicMew) $21.00
4: Mofongo Mariachi (Lasery Kirby and Salsa Shark (Jose))
5: The Adults (Dr Drew and Sliq)
5: Super Kami Guru (Denthorn and Problemo)
7: Puff The Magic Dragon (Tadeo and Richie)
7: CryHards (Hamlin and Mr Clean)
9: Grey Scale (Cone and Ezra)
9: Team Slap (Cole and Blake)
9: Get Salty Get Frosty (Jesi and Aliami)
9: 2 Bits and a Byte (2 Bit and Byte)
13: Swift (Swift and Galleghost)
13: Team Rocket (Full Metal and PTJon)
13: The Doobies (Aspena and Cownley)
13: Team OK (Xori and Pinku)
17: Team Scrubs (NoxD and jpeg)
17: The Under Acheivers (Sirius Bull and The Barron)
17: ButtHawks (Vurmin and Hammy)
17: Team Nuts (Pykey and Fricker)
17: 8 Bit (Pitz and Kain)

Singles (53 Entrants):
1: ARC :marthmelee: $145.75 + 1st party controller
2: NatPort Hole :falcomelee: :foxmelee: :025: (Jose) $79.50 +$15.00 FX Game Exchange gift certificate
3: Sethlon :marthmelee: :roymelee: $26.50 + $10.00 FX game exchange gift certificate
4: JF :falcomelee: :jigglypuffmelee: $13.25
5: Mew :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
5: Dr. Drew :falcomelee: :sheikmelee:
7: Lunchables :marthmelee: :falcomelee:
7: Problemo :falcomelee: :linkmelee:
9: Thoraxe :marthmelee: :sheikmelee: :foxmelee:
9: Penguin :falcomelee:
9: Jesi :falcomelee:
9: Disafter :foxmelee:
13: Sliq :linkmelee:
13: Denthorn :falconmelee:
13: Frisbie :drmario:
13: HAMLIN (The real one) :yoshimelee: :foxmelee:
17: Xori
17: Prodigial
17: Cone :marthmelee:
17: LaserKirby :peachmelee:
17: PTJon
17: Tadeo :falcomelee:
17: Pinku
17: Richie :sheikmelee:

Top 3 from top to bottom: Jose, Sethlon, Arc (idk why it's sideways lol)

Pool Images:

hamyojo

Smash Ace
I think it's funny that no one ever uses my tag any more. It's always just "Hamlin" now.
Anyway, good tourney, but I am both upset and excited that everyone liked my Yoshi again. I guess have to keep playing him!

I wish I could have MM'd more people :c

GG's everyone, and thanks a ton for hosting and stuff, Gabe!

D

Deleted member

MY SMASHBOARDS NAME IS ZACHATTAX64 BUT I AM LUNCHABLES (I wore a melee shirt at the venue and I was a small child (not the black kid))

1: ARC - Oh god please don't hurt me :( YOU'RE SO GOOD
2: NatPort Hole - fjdkls;fdjsalk fj;kla I could have taken a set off of you (I got you to play a srs character though so does that count? 2-1 ehhh?)
3: Sethlon - Usually whenever you play people that are new/bad you generally don't talk to them, you just play them and shake hands. You actually started talking to me a lot during the friendlies we played and our set, does this mean I am finally a human in this community? :o
4: JF - It may have been a 2-0 but I got you on your last stock each game and I think maybe next time I could possibly take the set.
5: Mew - If you didn't sandbag THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED JFDKLSA;FKLDJLSD;J FDKSJF;LKSDJ;DLSJ
7: Problemo - You know its not always the smartest idea to play a metal scream version of the pokemon theme in a wendys LOL
9: Thoraxe - I think... I finally overcame my problem with sheik! Sorry your family saw you lose though :(
9: Penguin - I thought you were teaming with Thoraxe! We could have teamed and done well since I'm actually playing this game a bit more consistently now!
9: Jesi - FIRST SEED JESUS CHRIST ALL HAIL JESI
13: Sliq - Calm your ****, if you can't control it (I have a problem kind of about it as well) Then play someone who doesn't get falco'd
13: Denthorn - You're like my favorite player <3
13: Frisbie - Those friendlies were probably what warmed me up the most, I really liked your doc and you as a person
13: HAMLIN (The real one) - :yoshimelee:
17: Xori - I think you were the guy I played who was a new player, and you're not that bad. For your first tournament you were REALLY impressive, better than a certain Armador I know
17: LaserKirby - I never knew who you were but I've heard good things about you, I wonder why we never played
17: Tadeo - I don't know why I lost vs you, I know I'm better than what I played but I guess my results made up for that :)
Aliami - You're getting a teeeeeeeny bit better on how you act at every tournament. You're still a slight problem but its better than that time you were going to kill yourself or w/e. I hope your ideas get better though because regular crews > Pokemon crews any day...
SPECIAL SHOUTOUTS TO:
GABE - I love you for running these things and overtime coming to forgive me for the **** I do :) A circuit around TX would be amazing and I hope you can become an even larger and more successful TO than you are right now!
THE GUYS AT WENDYS - After the tournament when we chilled at wendy's and watched AriqueNuubs that was like a bonding moment :colorful:

D

Deleted member

Thoraxe tried to Sheik me so I blame him for me playing falco

PTJon

Smash Cadet
I had a great time at this tournament, thanks so much for hosting it Gabe. Pretty happy with my results too considering this was my first tournament. I look forward to seeing all of you guys at the next one!

MT_

Smash Ace
Gabe you didn't enter?

Awesome turnout. Hope to see many of you guys come to Forte! Wish I could have made it D:

Good stuff to Mew for taking a set off JF. Good stuff to Penguin for taking a set off of Dr. Drew. Jose as always you're my Mexican hero forever. Arc you suck. Sethlon keep playing Melee. Did you go all Roy?

D

Deleted member

Sorry that I didn't show up Laserkirby. Some stuff happened where I couldn't go.

D

Deleted member

Shoutouts?

Jesi - Thanks for teaming with me. Sorry I choked in our early doubles matches, I should have practiced the night before. I hope we can meet back up at a P:M tournament in the future!
Lunchables - Enjoy your dollar. Nice job getting Top 8!
GalleGhost - You're bad and you should feel bad.
SeriousBull - Crazy awesome sets we played man. You're Marth is pretty awesome.
That black guy who stole people's money - Go die in a carpet fire. You play Luigi and you don't even know how to Wave dash properly. After I told you to do it you SD'd off the edge.
Aliami Armador - You suck at this game so badly. It's embarrassing to watch.
Denthorn - Thanks for those Falcon tips. They really help, man. Glad to see you're going back to your old main!
Hamlin - 10 stocks as Pikachu in Pokemon Crews? You can do better. :dkmelee:
Frisbie - Your Doctor Mario is RIDICULOUS.
Scotch - Where are you, man?
Untamed Beast (Tadeo is your smasher name, right?) - Fun stuff. You're MArth is better than most. I never expected you to use him like you did and you always ***** me off the top. Jezz.
StoryTime - I STILL NEED TO PLAY YOU DUDE.
Crownley and Pinku and everyone else in Pkmn Crews - Good stuff in Pokemon Crews. We're definitely doing Pokemon crews again soon.
2-Bit - Awesome Money match and Salty Run back. I'll try to remember not to sandbag against you, lol.
The legendary Sethlon -

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
My Shoutouts:
1: ARC :marthmelee:- Congrats on winning! I don't think we played though.
2: NatPort Hole :falcomelee: :foxmelee: (Jose) - I haven't played you in years. Really wanted to, but maybe next time. Congrats on 2nd.
3: Sethlon :marthmelee: :roymelee:- You still clearly wield your low tier better than I wield mine. I can't even think on paper how to win Link vs Roy yet. GGs in friendlies.
4: JF :falcomelee: :jigglypuffmelee: - You were destroying Denthorn and I in teams before the tournament started. Jiggs is always so scary.
5: Mew :falcomelee: :foxmelee: - We didn't get to play this tournament or hardly hang out. :(
5: Dr. Drew
- <-- Fixed (GGs in tournament btw)
7: Lunchables :marthmelee: :falcomelee: - >Calls my Falco garbage. >Ties with me
7: Problemo :falcomelee: :linkmelee: - Good Job
9: Thoraxe :marthmelee: :foxmelee: - Your Marth is my Falco's Kryptonite atm. That match-up I need to work on. GGs
9: Penguin :falcomelee: - Congrats on beating Drew. That was pretty amazing.
9: Jesi :falcomelee: - Got 1st in her pool. So good. GGs in friendlies.
9: Disafter :foxmelee: - EDIT: Whoops! I meant to write something here!! Good games John. I think your Fox would have been plenty enough, even if I had went Link game 3. Your come back game 2 was pretty sick though. Also, it was great playing you and Sethlon in teams. It was looking good for us game 1, but by the end of game 3, we were getting destroyed.
13: Sliq :linkmelee: - I enjoyed playing friendlies. Great to see a Link who also knows his bomb game so well.
13: Denthorn :falconmelee: - Thanks a ton for the practice the night before and letting me crash at your place and stuff. We haven't had the chance to hang out like we used to in a long time. I'm glad we got the opportunity to.

13: HAMLIN (The real one) :yoshimelee: :foxmelee: - GGs both sets. Our set without Yoshi was pretty intense and could have gone either way.

17: PTJon - GGs in tournament. I think I heard you or someone say this was your first tournament. Well, you made it out of pools which is quite impressive. You'll probably get a lot of Falco experience here as well. The idea to beating Falco is to utilize really good platform movement to avoid lasers, then once you get a hit on Falco, to never let up until the stock is gone.

17: Pinku - GGs in tournament. What I told PTJon pretty much applies here as well. Marth is especially good at making Falco pay for getting hit, you probably already know this from watching Marths like M2k.

And for people in my pool:
Ezra - Your Sheik isn't bad, but I agree that you should have not have gone to Final Destination vs Falco.
The Two Ganon Players (Loro and WEB??) - I have a picture on my phone of both you playing 2 sheiks on FD at the same time. -__- Kind of silly to watch.

Trying to remember who Dels played as. You also played Sheik right?

D

Deleted member

I think I called your falco garbage because I 4 stocked in friendlies
I had Sethlon and JF. You had Thoraxe (whom I beat) and Drew (okay I understand that...)

Zydrah

Smash Rookie
I was Pinku at the tournament, first I've been too, pretty pleased with being able to make brackets, since I've only got practice with Xori who also placed 17th. Getting wrecked was a good learning experience, hoping to improve and go to more tournaments (DIME 6 hype) after seeing what I need to improve on and getting tips during friendlies. Also I played Falcon and Marth during brackets.

7: Problemo :falcomelee: :linkmelee: Your Falco destroyed me, I gotta get better at not getting pillar'd into oblivion. GGs

9: Penguin :falcomelee: When you ditto'd my falcon I got wrecked, GG's man

And in pools, GG Aliami, hope you liked that triple forward smash for the stock lol

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Untamed Beast (Tadeo is your smasher name, right?) - Fun stuff. You're MArth is better than most. I never expected you to use him like you did and you always ***** me off the top. Jezz.
Nope, I competed as WEB. I went untagged in most of my matches, though. Thanks. We should play again at future tourneys.

@Problem2: I wasn't one of the Ganon players. Our pools set was after you played them (I was Marth). I was standing beside you during the dual Shiek-Ganon-on-FD matches.

To JPEG (if he reads this): No hard feelings, but don't money match people if you don't intend on paying. I'm probably a lot more lenient than most players would have been if you didn't pay right away. Also, Brawl is fun.

And to Sethlon: Thanks for playing so many friendlies. Marth vs. Roy and dittos for both = fun games.

D

Deleted member

Nope, I competed as WEB. I went untagged in most of my matches, though. Thanks. We should play again at future tourneys.

@Problem2: I wasn't one of the Ganon players. Our pools set was after you played them (I was Marth). I was standing beside you during the dual Shiek-Ganon-on-FD matches.

@Scotch'98: No hard feelings, but don't money match people if you don't intend on paying. I'm probably a lot more lenient than most players would have been if you didn't pay right away. Also, Brawl is fun.

And to Sethlon: Thanks for playing so many friendlies. Marth vs. Roy and dittos for both = fun games.
lol, I really didn't go.

I made the reply above, because that guy is really similar to me. Expect the money part, anyways.

Sliq

Smash Master
13: Sliq - Calm your ****, if you can't control it (I have a problem kind of about it as well) Then play someone who doesn't get falco'd
First off, I confused you with someone else the first time I replied (not that it really matters, but I figured I'd point it out).

Secondly, you don't get to tell him me how to feel, and the fact that you think you do is preposterous. I'm allowed to be disappointed in myself and my performance. At no point was I disrespectful or rude. I said good games and shook everyone's hand. That fact that I'm getting flack from a guy I met for 8 minutes who has me "all figured out" is absolute dog ****.

I believe I quit out of our match. This wasn't because of you (how vain!), it was because of me and my inability to perform. If you perceived this as a personal slight, well I'm sorry that's how you took it. That's not how I meant it. My play fell apart. My hands wouldn't listen, and it wouldn't have mattered if they had because my brain went full ******. I was mad nervous and it got the best of me (how embarrassing for a guy who played competitively for 5 years and is one of the oldest people there).

Is this where you are coming from? I did poorly, lost the match, said good games, shook your hand, then got up and went to get food. I was annoyed at my inability to perform as well as I wanted, but at no point did I blame anyone but myself for the outcome of the match.

You could've said something at the venue, but you didn't. So brave. This feedback from you is an utter and complete shock to me, and it shouldn't have been if you had such a big problem with it. Did I really come back to smash for this high school drama nonsense? I'm too old to still be playing, let alone putting up with this bull****.

Edit: I suppose I should do some positive shoutouts, now that I'm not ****ting anymore and can access devices with screens larger than a playing card.

I'm truly awful with names and faces, so don't take offense if I can't remember your names. If I do remember your name, it's because I asked for it 30 times to try and remember it so I don't come off as a rude, self-involved ****. Also, if I don't mention you it isn't because you're unimportant, it's because you can only say "I had a lot of fun in our matches! You're pretty good, but there's still room for improvement!" So many times before people stop giving a ****.

Everyone I played in pools: I had a lot of fun, and there were a lot of close matches. Pools are always my favorite part if any tournament, and this was no exception. It just seems more laid back than bracket play.

I'll apologize to the Ice Climber guy in my pool (Elements of Smash, I think?) for spamming projectiles and platform hopping the whole time. I didn't want to get Wobbled, and this was the best way to avoid it. I really cheesed it up.

That Sheik guy who beat me in brackets: those tilts were wrecking me. I constantly jumped OOS even though I knew a tilt was coming because my brain went full ******. Hopefully I can get my game sense and ability to adapt back to what they were in my prime.

Zachattax or Lunchables or Sigmund Freud or whoever: pretty much the same thing as with the Sheik guy, only with shines and jabs instead. Also, that SD after the gimp wrecked all of my momentum, and it all went downhill from there. You're good at Smash, but bad at not being a passive aggressive jabroni.

Dr. Drew: thanks for teaming with me and putting up with my Link nonsense. Your 3DS is dope and now I want one. Good **** in singles, btw.

Tadeo: I had a lot of fun in our friendlies. They were one of my favorite parts of the tournament. You're Falco and Luigi are dope as hell. Hope we can smash sometime.

Problem 2: The Link dittos we had were also one of my favorite parts of the tournament. I need to work on my grab game, because you have all those setups down. Good ****.

Frisbee: keep at it with Doc. It's a breath if fresh air to see him get more representation.

Hamlin: we didn't interact at all but I watched one of your Yoshi matches. That **** was amazing.

JPEG: You're Luigi got way better by the end if the day, but you can't stiff people on money match cash. Not cool. I hope you like you're new controller shell, but don't money match without money. That's punk nonsense.

Vurmin: Enjoy you're new controller shells and keep grinding. Don't know if I'll be over for smash anytime soon, on account if me being closer to your mom in age than you, but keep working at it.

Sethlon: Project M still blows my mind. I look forward to attending one of you're Smasfests. Good **** with Roy!

Waterless Fishie: Thanks for running the tournament so well. So often these things devolve into chaotic anarchy, but you keep it on the rails. Thanks for keeping my stuff safe too.

Sorry I wasn't more sociable. I was a bit uncomfortable after being out of the scene for so long and seeing a bunch of new faces half as old as I am and thinking, "Is it weird that if I was on sixteen and pregnant as the deadbeat dad, I could be almost all of these guys' fathers?" The answer is yes. But it was still awesome.

Also, if you want tips you have to ask. I feel arrogant just telling people what to do to improve.

I look forward to the next one, sans getting criticized by someone who can't vote yet about how I should carry myself and deal with disappointment.

D

Deleted member

If you don't want to take my advice thats fine but you don't have to cry about it. You got mad at everyone in the venue whenever you played, and I'm just pointing it out. You're your own enemy.

Gabe though the kid was like 12 or something, I was as bad as him when I was his age. He will probably become more mature over time, give him a break

D

Deleted member

If you don't want to take my advice thats fine but you don't have to cry about it. You got mad at everyone in the venue whenever you played, and I'm just pointing it out. You're your own enemy.

Gabe though the kid was like 12 or something, I was as bad as him when I was his age. He will probably become more mature over time, give him a break
Dang. I should have been there, it would have been fun to play him lol (The Kid, not Sliq)

Sliq

Smash Master

Edit: I decided to defend myself.

I got mad at no one but myself at this tournament. If anyone agrees with Zach, speak up a let me know. I'm not above criticism, so long as it isn't wrapped in a shroud of smarminess.

I will never get mad at someone else for my own shortcomings, but I am most certainly my harshest critic, and I will never apologize for striving for excellence and being distraught at failure. I remove myself from the situation very quickly to decompress. That may come off as rude and curt, but that's not my intention. I go lament my own shiftiness for 10 minutes then come back absolutely fine.

If you have something constructive to say than say it, but I'd like this to be handled with a little more tact. You can't trash someone and act surprised when they respond harshly.

The kid went as JPEG in the tournament, if anyone cares. And I agree, cut him a little slack, he's just excited.

SiriusBull

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3909-8777-3464
Fun tournament guys, I placed dead last in my pool but had some awesome, close matches.
Definitely feel like my marth is better afterwards!
Looking forward to the next one!

@aliamee - YOU SPELLED MY NAME WRONG AHHHHG But yeah our set was pretty tight, I thought I had it for a second, we should play more friendlies at the next one.
@MrClean - Fun playing friendlies dude, thanks for the many tips!
@Dude I met from Denton - ****, sorry I forgot your name. But me and Barron were talking to you right before we left. We definitely need to meet up for a smashfest some time soon!
@2-Bit - We didn't get a chance to play man wtf...
@jpeg - Swear you money matched everybody in the joint except for me...
@GalleGhost - We need to start planning that tournament for mediocre players man...
@UntamedBeast - Hey man thanks for getting me onto marth, I honestly didn't know who to main on melee but playing friendlies with you set me on the right course.
@The Barron - I'm still better than you
@Scotch98 - I hope I can go to the one next week so we can play!
@Hammy - Fool that clutch ledge stall I had in our set to win the 3rd game was pretty tight, sorry I had to do it to you. GG

D

Deleted member

Fun tournament guys, I placed dead last in my pool but had some awesome, close matches.
Definitely feel like my marth is better afterwards!
Looking forward to the next one!
Are you going to that PM tournament out in Irving next weekend?

MrClean

Smash Rookie
Thanks to WaterlessFishie for hosting a really well done event! I love the way the results are displayed.

I learned a lot of cool stuff that I hope to use at the next event. If anyone wants to train friend me on Facebook and maybe we can get something set up :) (Nathan Steinway)

Shoutouts

Disafter- Thanks for talking strats with me in between pool games. It was super cool of you talk me out of the hole I was in, even when you weren't feeling too hot either. Im happy you decided to stick around and compete.

Hamlin- Sick games once again, you never disappoint. Thanks for paying for me again. Next time we smash the pizza and drinks will be on me. CRYHARDS TOP 8

Lunchables- Always cool to see you performing well, rock on d00d.

Bull- It was fun playing your melee main, after playing your Ness in P:M. You should try to move around more, standing still isn't good for you. Also just up tilt instead of up smash, its basically always better sadly ; _ ;

2_bit- Sorry you had to leave early to go to that dance or whatever... We didn't play each other this entire venue, which is weird, but Im gonna guess you've gotten better.

Aliami- Give JPEG a break, the kid's like 12. =/

All other shoutouts equate to GGs, so yeah.

On another note,

JPEG (AKA Little Black Kid) goes to my old high school. He's 13, I think, and a bit of a behavior problem in general. I'm sorry he was such a problem for y'all, I'll talk to him.

GGs, fantastic venue, It was a blast to see you all!!

Top Bottom