• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME 5 - November 9th, 2013 - Plano TX

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
About the age thing, I think it's kind of weird a 14 year old (me) attends these things. A lot of people that play competitively are like 20. Just making sure I don't scare you guys.

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
About the age thing, I think it's kind of weird a 14 year old (me) attends these things. A lot of people that play competitively are like 20. Just making sure I don't scare you guys.
Nah dude age is totally irrelevant, that's why video games are awesome.

Zach and Scotch are both like 12 anyway so you'll have some peers your age there

D

Deleted member

I'm 13 and Scotch is 14
I'm the youngest guy in the venue yet I beat WaterlessFishie sometimes so age doesn't matter :)

D

Deleted member

I think I'm teaming with Penguin, if hes not up to it then we can try it

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Hey guys, I'm thinking of coming to this, I didn't know there was a smash community so close to home. I'd come in a heart beat if there was a Project M singles, but I'm super rusty with Melee, and was never that good to begin with. :) (Maybe if someone wanted to practice with me?)

I'll see if my friend is interested, if he is I'll go with him, otherwise very slim chance of me showing up.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Anyone need a team-mate? I play falco/peach mostly (occasionally fox & zelda) in teams. :) Lemme know!

D

Deleted member

Anyone need a team-mate? I play falco/peach mostly (occasionally fox & zelda) in teams. :) Lemme know!
If I don't team with Scotch we should totally team together. Those friendlies at Play A Real Game where a lot of fun.

D

Deleted member

@Waterless
Is there any way we can move around those DVD racks at FX for some more space?
I'm anticipating more than 20 people are going to show.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
It's already been taken care of
well it kinda has, the racks are ever changing at FX. but I will do my best to see there is enough space
also if pools are necessary (like if 40+ people show up), I think i'm going to try to run an amateur bracket for the people who don't make it out of pools

D

Deleted member

well it kinda has, the racks are ever changing at FX. but I will do my best to see there is enough space
also if pools are necessary (like if 40+ people show up), I think i'm going to try to run an amateur bracket for the people who don't make it out of pools
Good plan.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm 13 and Scotch is 14
I'm the youngest guy in the venue yet I beat WaterlessFishie sometimes so age doesn't matter :)

Jesus Christ I'm more than twice as old as you. That's amazing.

Also, I will probably be going all Link this tournament if people still want to team.

qqwwrrmm

Smash Cadet

hey jesi - dunno if you remember me we met at gabes , played some friendlies and then at dime again (you knocked me out in singles) my name is tadeo - i'd team with ya

as for anyone else in the plano/north dallas area you guys wanna have a get together before this ? im going to be out of town until the 4th but anytime after that we should set something up - im lookin at you will/penguin, gabe, cameron and anyone else really!

Oracle

Smash Master
since i'll be up there selling gamecubes anyways, does anybody want their controller painted? I have a few extra controllers lying around, so i can paint the shells now and bring them up when they're dry. It'll be about $15 for a solid color and a little extra if you want another color or a design. I'll bring a screwdriver to swap the shells out.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
So, would anyone like to sponsor me? I really wanna play, and I need to get the experience in.

If I win anything, you can have it. I dunno that I would bet on me, but hey, you never know.

D

Deleted member

hey jesi - dunno if you remember me we met at gabes , played some friendlies and then at dime again (you knocked me out in singles) my name is tadeo - i'd team with ya

as for anyone else in the plano/north dallas area you guys wanna have a get together before this ? im going to be out of town until the 4th but anytime after that we should set something up - im lookin at you will/penguin, gabe, cameron and anyone else really!
Last time you asked people to team with you I took up the offer to find that you acted all pedophilic. I mean no offense, but It's quite odd when out of the blue you request to know my real name, address, phone numbers, and request for me to come over to your house for... practice. I think I still have those text messages you sent me. They might have been deleted when I blocked you.

So, would anyone like to sponsor me? I really wanna play, and I need to get the experience in.
If I win anything, you can have it. I dunno that I would bet on me, but hey, you never know.
I'll chip in a dollar for you at the very least. Maybe we can Money Match or something if you need some cash. A brony helps a fellow brony out, right?

Jesi

Smash Ace
Aliami - I'm down for teams thanks for responding. Sorry, qqwwrmm - aliami responded first! Looks like someone else in this thread is looking for a team mate too tho!

Aliami - What's our team name gonna be?? :D

SiriusBull

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3909-8777-3464
I suck at melee but I'll try to come anyways...
I don't have a cube but I can bring my wii and game.
Also if I brought pm would anyone want to play some friendlies? (Maybe mm idk)

Crownley

Smash Rookie
I should be coming with Aspen. I'm very new to this game, so it'll be my first tournament, but it sounds like a lot of fun!

D

Deleted member

Aliami - I'm down for teams thanks for responding. Sorry, qqwwrmm - aliami responded first! Looks like someone else in this thread is looking for a team mate too tho!

Aliami - What's our team name gonna be?? :D
Team name... hmm...

How about...
The Power Of Pink?
That Team Outside?
2Legit2Quit?
BRB Eating Frosties?
Eating soap is bad for your health?

I donno. Got any ideas?

Jesi

Smash Ace
Haha, great suggestions. I liked 2Legit and the Frosties one hahaha I'll let you decide!

D

Deleted member

God, I love this community. So ****ing much.

On a on-topic note, anyone wanna team with me? I play CF and Luigi mostly.

Top Bottom