• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dillon's Last Round Up. Dillon the AT (In glorious HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, that voice is no doubt cool.

Also, looking at the eShop page of this game, it says The Last Ranger will have StreetPass support. I wonder what it is since I have no idea how it could work.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well seen how Fat Princess got in PSABR as the PSNetwork rep it is actually possible. Maybe with a Pushmo/Crashmo stage/assist.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well seen how Fat Princess got in PSABR as the PSNetwork rep it is actually possible. Maybe with a Pushmo/Crashmo stage/assist.
That is one of the things I've been thinking. Given, Sakurai is a lot picker than they were with PSABR.

Also, thanks for posting the trailer Habanero

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Of course Sakurai is pickier than what PSABR chose: Nintendo has a huge library of lovable franchises and characters that Sony could only dream of. PSABR kinda looked like they were scraping the bottom of the barrel for characters.

Anywho, the trailer is nice but I would like to see more gameplay footage in a future trailer, especially showing off how StreetPass will work and giving more reasons why Dillon should be considered for Smash.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Of course Sakurai is pickier than what PSABR chose: Nintendo has a huge library of lovable franchises and characters that Sony could only dream of. PSABR kinda looked like they were scraping the bottom of the barrel for characters.

Anywho, the trailer is nice but I would like to see more gameplay footage in a future trailer, especially showing off how StreetPass will work and giving more reasons why Dillon should be considered for Smash.
That's not entirely true. If done better, a Playstation All-Stars roster could have been awesome, maybe even better than Brawl. It's Superbot's fault if they preferred some 3rd party characters like Big Daddy or Isaac Clarke over true PS icons like Crash, Spyro or Lara Croft for example. Also they didn't put any Team ICO rep, and Square Enix basically told Sony to go **** itself. So obviously to make an acceptable roster they were bound to add some obscure character. Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Sir Daniel alone are great characters. The game simply wasn't supported at all and it turned out mediocre at best (not only for the roster, the gameplay itself it's broken more than Brawl's). And anyway a lot of retro Nintendo characters are a one-game character like Mach Rider or Balloon Fighter, do you really think they deserve the spot more than Dillon, which is new and with a second game on the way?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well if we ever did need some sort of representative for the eShop, Dillon is pretty much the definitive choice. This is mainly because there is nothing that could compare and other choices are faulty in their own ways. Mallo will probably be overlooked due to Pushmo having a lack of combat in a vein to Animal Crossing, Sakurai Samurai is redundant when Takamaru is available, Ed from Fluidity not being popular and might not be feasible, characters from Ketzal's Corridor and Kersploosh! being out by default due to improbability. Debatable, but the only one that could be on par with Dillon is Tempo from HarmoKnight, and even then the "competition" is very favorable for Dillon.

Oh yea, speaking of which. I find it kind of funny that Dillon's Rolling Western, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Sakurai Samurai: Art of The Sword all received trailers on the same day. Each game representing North America, Europe, and Japan respectively. It would be kind hilarious in context that Dillon, Pit, and Takamaru became some sort of power trio in the story mode or something.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
The Last Ranger's Street Pass feature is supposed to allow you to share tips/strategies. Honestly, this game would better benefit from a Miiverse option (provided Miiverse for 3DS will be ou by then...it won't, though); if it's anywhere as difficult as the first, we could all use instant help from our peers.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's not entirely true. If done better, a Playstation All-Stars roster could have been awesome, maybe even better than Brawl. It's Superbot's fault if they preferred some 3rd party characters like Big Daddy or Isaac Clarke over true PS icons like Crash, Spyro or Lara Croft for example. Also they didn't put any Team ICO rep, and Square Enix basically told Sony to go **** itself. So obviously to make an acceptable roster they were bound to add some obscure character. Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Sir Daniel alone are great characters. The game simply wasn't supported at all and it turned out mediocre at best (not only for the roster, the gameplay itself it's broken more than Brawl's). And anyway a lot of retro Nintendo characters are a one-game character like Mach Rider or Balloon Fighter, do you really think they deserve the spot more than Dillon, which is new and with a second game on the way?
I doubt it

The ONLY character playstation has that I have ANY interest in is sackboy. The rest are just over muscled actions stars and dark and serious crap.

I don't like sony's IPs

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I doubt it

The ONLY character playstation has that I have ANY interest in is sackboy. The rest are just over muscled actions stars and dark and serious crap.

I don't like sony's IPs
Lol c'mon it's obvious you're biased. I mean you consider Ratchet & Clank two over muscled dark action stars? Lol. You don't like Sony's IPs, more like you don't know Sony's IPs.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I also don't care about them.

But there is no way Sony has anything that would match Nintendo

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I also don't care about them.

But there is no way Sony has anything that would match Nintendo
I like Nintendo more too but you're opinion simply sound fanboy. Did you ever own a Playstation system? Did you ever played Sly Cooper, or the first three Spyro games? C'mon really.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had no interest in talking about it in the first place. Doesn't matter if they were exclusive. They aren't Sony characters

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I had no interest in talking about it in the first place. Doesn't matter if they were exclusive. They aren't Sony characters
Well then Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sir Daniel Fortesque are. What do you have to say about them? They're too manly? You're arguments are like the ones who say that Nintendo characters are all for kids. It's stupid and ignorant, simply.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Going to put this back on topic.

I entirely agree that the eShop is being successful. In fact, majority of the 3DS games I've played are eShop games.

Dillon has the highest chance to be a playable character and has the potential for a good moveset. The Western theme of his games are definitely a plus and a way to have more variety in the roster.

Rivaling him is Tempo from Harmoknight, who could also have a very unique moveset. At this time, my bets are on Dillon still. Tempo could have the same fate as Jill from Drill Dozer, also made by GameFreak.

On the Pullblox / Fallblox series (Pushmo / Crashmo in America), I think a stage would work best, featuring Papa Blox and Mallo in the stage, moving the blocks at times to change its layout. Similar to the Mushroomy Kingdom or Spear Pillar stages, the Blox stage could randomly select between Pullblox or Fallblox.

On Sakura Samurai, its competition, so to speak, is Takamaru. It would be a nice idea to have a Nazo no Murasamejo stage, with cameos from Sakura Samurai, similar to what happens in the Summit stage in Brawl with the Balloon Fight Fish. Music from Sakura Samurai could easily go on Takamaru's stage.

I'd like to have a stage based on Potzol's Puzzle (AKA Ketzal's Corridors in America). It would bring more variety to the stage selection.

And that's it for my thoughts on eShop games that could appear in the new Smash Bros. game.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
While the roster selection of Sony Smash is bad, that's not the only reason it was bad. Still, the selection doesn't help. One of the reason Sakurai has stuck to the focus on Nintenod is coherency and uniqueness. When you can pick any character on the planet, it feels a lot less interesting.

Which is one reason I like the idea of Dillon. He's different.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well then Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sir Daniel Fortesque are. What do you have to say about them? They're too manly? You're arguments are like the ones who say that Nintendo characters are all for kids. It's stupid and ignorant, simply.
Funny thing, long ago, I wanted Spike from Ape Escape to be in Super Smash Bros. because I loved Ape Escape to my heart and that Spike looked like a character from Nintendo, until years later I realized Spike was a Sony character. :crying:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
wow, lol, did not even notice when I made it

I just googled Dillion and apparently it's a crude word for male genitalia...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I noticed, as well, but didn't want to come off as a spelling and grammar snob...I've been known to be called that at times, haha. Well, ususally Grammar Nazi, but still. Pretty synonymous.

Dillon would be pretty cool. I really need to play Rolling Western some time soon...

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Also I don't know why it says the armadillo with no name. Lol
But yeah totally. Dillon for smash, dillon for nintendo's future.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's called the armadillo with no name because my favorite western star is Clint Eastwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom