• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Digimon

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
yay :) I loved season 1 and 2 and never watched another episode...

but they were still amazing

METALGARURUMON > THE WORLD

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
I love digimon. My favorite season of all time was the second season. There is one reason for this, and that is Ken Ichijouji. Back when I had a chance to watch episodes for the first time on television, I did not understand the concept of psychology, and he was really my introduction (meaning the first time I ever paid attention) to psychology. The idea that the things that happen in your life can effect the way you turn out later. Their was a deepness to the character, and to the entire show in general, that I did not understand back then, but do now. That's one of the reasons why I love it so much. I also liked the characters. Their personalities and the chemistry they have with each other. That's something I did not enjoy that much about season three. I loved the season, its my second favorite, but I did not like most of the characters. Besides Rika, Renamon and Impmon/Beelzamon, all the other characters were terribly annoying. I did think that the third season did have the darkest and most mature story though, but characters are what initially attract me to something, and I don't think any of the other seasons had characters that I liked more than the second season. I did enjoy the first season characters, but I liked the new characters in the second season more.

I wish they would do another season using the characters from the first two. There was a plot idea that was abandoned in season two, which was Kari and the dark undersea master (who is Dragomon). The idea was abondoned because the show hired new writers, who took it into a different direction. Since the dark ocean was to be a recurring location in the show, they couldn't simply cut it out. I think they can use this idea as the basis for another season with the original continuity. Of course, the American version will have to change their dub since they changed the idea of what the sea creatures wanted with Kari in the first place. In the American dub, they wanted her to be their Queen so she could help them defeat their evil master, but in the original version, they wanted her to bear their children. This idea would also be a good "Kariken" situation, as both Kari and Ken. No, I'm not saying I think Ken and Kari should be together, I think "Miyaken" and "Takari" is how it should be, but I like seeing the relationship between Kari and Ken. Also, if they did this idea, they could bring back Daemon, who was banished to the dark ocean. This is something I would like to see happen, but know will never.

I tried watching season four, and didn't like it. Now only did I not like the characters, but the concept. Also, I didn't watch season five for the same reason. I saw a couple of episodes, and they made me feel so miserable.

I also want to say, all you people that say it ends up being "Taiora," sorry, but I think its pretty clear that Sora likes Matt. I'm not saying that I think its how it should be, as I am a "Taiora" fan myself, but the reality is "Sorato".

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
There should be another digirevolution. Akiyoshi hongo could be vladimir lenin lol. Sora liking matt was a complete surprise. Im all for tk and kari being together.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I watched the first season on VIDEO!!

The rest were just meh. The egg combinging season was ok.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
At first Agumon was my favorite digimon. Then Patamon went MagneAngemon and did that awesome move DOOR TO DESTINY. I crapped my pants just seeing the enemy in that serious go into oblivion.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
I ended up watching every single season I liked the 1st just for nostagia and the team always meshed well together. They also showed them grown up in season 2 plus i was a sucker for agumon and piedmon lol those two were hilarious.
Season two was alright but i think that there was unneeded tension between davis and TK and kari it really didnt serve the plot that well and i just think davis should have liked someone else. though i like the plot and they showed a huge connection with season 1 The digievolutions could have been cooler and they could have been stronger on their own individually
season 3 did well to have its own tangent and have more involvement with the human world especially the FBI and whatnot It also had a great outlook on the humans race making destructive devices without higher regard for themselves and others.
Season 4 might have looked like it sucked but its something you have too watch for more then a few episodes. Towards the end the concept started to become better. It also encapsulated one of the most warm, heartfelt, emotional endings out of all the seasons.
Data squad (watch the japanesse version) was a great season as it introduced another universe. The personas meshed well and I love the main characters alot. The agumon psuedo reincarnation was awesome. The digisoul idea was great and i love how much the human parteners were inmused in the fighting. Also I like this main character the most out of all the seasons other than season 4. Street fighters are cool!

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
I ended up watching every single season I liked the 1st just for nostagia and the team always meshed well together. They also showed them grown up in season 2 plus i was a sucker for agumon and piedmon lol those two were hilarious.
Season two was alright but i think that there was unneeded tension between davis and TK and kari it really didnt serve the plot that well and i just think davis should have liked someone else. though i like the plot and they showed a huge connection with season 1 The digievolutions could have been cooler and they could have been stronger on their own individually
season 3 did well to have its own tangent and have more involvement with the human world especially the FBI and whatnot It also had a great outlook on the humans race making destructive devices without higher regard for themselves and others.
Season 4 might have looked like it sucked but its something you have too watch for more then a few episodes. Towards the end the concept started to become better. It also encapsulated one of the most warm, heartfelt, emotional endings out of all the seasons.
Data squad (watch the japanesse version) was a great season as it introduced another universe. The personas meshed well and I love the main characters alot. The agumon psuedo reincarnation was awesome. The digisoul idea was great and i love how much the human parteners were inmused in the fighting. Also I like this main character the most out of all the seasons other than season 4. Street fighters are cool!
I completely agree!! Your reward in digi-heaven shall be great my son !!!!

Mifune

Smash Cadet
Digimon was just plain awsome, loved season 1 and 2. I still remember watching them when I was a kid. I also loved the first digimon movie, got it at my birthday when I was 7 and still watch it now :)

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
I used to wake up at like 5 am before school to watch a few cartoons that were reruns as well as Pokémon and Digimon. So awesome <3!

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
OK, Digimon was surpirsingly epic (Better than Pokemon) Dark, epic, so musch characters died that made you wanna cry (But I don't cry over that stuff, just mentioning)

Season 1 was awesome, so was 2. 3 was good. 4 was ok. Havn't seen 5.

Oh, my favorite digimon was Patamon and his evolutions...thing was like, one of the most powerful digimon around at full strength.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Patamon was cute, Tokomon was adorable, and Angemon was Manly. When you're able to combine those 3 attributes in 1 character, your show is going to rock.

day-day

Smash Ace
All this talk about Digimon makes Ed remember when he tried to go see Digimon the movie. When I got to the theater it turned out they didn't even give it a chance and had it playing for only 2 days. I was so sad..:(

day-day

Smash Ace
Tai and Agumon were always my favorites in season 1. Don't have a favorite from then on out though. Agugreymon (if I remember correctly) was my favorite in that digimon fighting game for the ps1.

Reptrode

Smash Cadet
I haven't seen Digimon in Forever, Matt and Gabumon were my favorite in season 1 and I can't remember names from season 2 and I did'nt watch past that, but I have the Digimon movie... (get ready for this) On VHS... thats how long I haven't seen it. I wanna go find that movie now...where is it hiding?

Top Bottom